Subornation of Perjury and Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Jose Baez be Charged with Subornation of Perjury?

• Total voters
No one can prove what JB said in his opening statement is untrue. And even if some one could prove it was untrue, no one could prove JB knew it to be untrue.

I am expecting KC to come after JB when this is all over and say that he lied and made up all of that opening statement. Once someone can no longer help KC, they become expendable. Yes, KC is a proven, constant liar, but any charges she levels against JB will be looked into. Even coming from her. MOO.

I think it will happen...or something will happen. My gut tells me that in the end...Jose Baez's "intended" family testimony will come back and bite him in the b*tt...and deservedly so, IMO.

would the fact that he carried on the Zanny story for over a year and then saved the drowning story til an expensive DP trial be an issue?

I don't think JB thinks anything is beyond ethical. Maybe he just calls perjury "magical thinking" now. His defense made Alice In Wonderland look like a documentary.

Maybe when HHJP gets through with him he'll have enough free time to study for a new career. In chemistry...

I think he crossed HHJP one too many times so I'm not so sure he won't at least be held in contempt HHJP knows his case law and he doesn't appear to be a judge i'd want to cross MOO

His Honor JP has plans to deal with Jose once the trial and sentencing has completed. He announced that in court about contempt charges with Jose, but I don't recall what exactly the infraction Jose did at the time. I recall one of the judge's warnings was: "This court does not make threats."

Positive we will see Jose punished by the judge for something he screwed up while trial was in session.

jmo

I voted yes because I do think he should be charged BUT I don't think JB will be charged with anything. I don't even think he'll be disbarred. It would seem very difficult to prove JB knows anything. Nothing to back it up other than my opinion.

I do think he'll be co-hosting a show with Geraldo though. Again, JMO

BBM...I couldn't agree more...:floorlaugh:

Much easier to prove he knows NOTHING:floorlaugh:

Not if Cindy said "he told me what to say, and I said it.."

OMG. That hit me upside the head. You're right. Who knows what will come from Cindy. For three years she's been lying from bag of pizza in the trunk to being home for a computer search.

If and I say if, Cindy wants to get even with Baez if a guilt verdict comes back, she can say anything - we've all witnessed that already. She is a bus driver.
jmo

I think once a guilty verdict comes in this entire cast of players will be turning on each other.It will be a free for all of he said / she said. Accusations will fly, fingers will be pointed and in the end only ICA will be in jail.
None of them ever put Caylee first.

I think it will happen...or something will happen. My gut tells me that in the end...Jose Baez's "intended" family testimony will come back and bite him in the b*tt...and deservedly so, IMO.

When JB was arguing to keep out the computer evidence in the State's rebuttal ,HH asked him if he knew CA would be testifying to those searches. I realize his intent was that the rebuttal info should have been expected,but I also felt the underlying reason was,"did you know she was going to lie?" Maybe I'm projecting again :crazy:

I've read through this thread tonight and have to ask - have you all been taking brain pills?

The post throughout this thread have been excellent. Whatever the outcome of this trail, I do see that all of you have really soaked up legal knowledge and involved yourselves in some very important and outstanding comments.

I applaud all of you. :clap:

I think there is going to be lots of fireworks concerning Jose Baez and "his" practice of the law.

I am just sooooo hoping that whatever occurs with HHJP dealing with Baez is televised so we can watch it. We watched the train wreck, we should get to watch the dismantling of the train.

IMO

But here's the thing. JB would have just had to know that Cindy's testimony was pure unadulterated bullplop and still choose to elicit it on the stand. It doesn't have to originate with him. He just has to knowingly present the falsehood. He danced dangerously close to that when HHJP was grilling him concerning the states rebuttal. HHJP knows he crossed the line and brought a lie before the court. It's just a matter of whether it is borderline enough to prove.

But even then, HHJP really doesn't have to prove anything to deal with it in his own way. he already has JB dead to rights on several instances of willful contempt. It's just a matter of how hard HHJP decides to nail him. This just increases the size of the hammer the judge will use.

I totally agree. What might have been a somewhat "soft" contempt hearing was changed with this on Friday. HHJP was not happy at all IMO.

OMG. That hit me upside the head. You're right. Who knows what will come from Cindy. For three years she's been lying from bag of pizza in the trunk to being home for a computer search.

If and I say if, Cindy wants to get even with Baez if a guilt verdict comes back, she can say anything - we've all witnessed that already. She is a bus driver.
jmo

Can you just see the raised eyebrow from HHJP? Cindy says he told me to say it. (HHJP to Cindy: so tell me Mrs. Anthony, why I should believe you after I've witness such obvious lies from you throughout this trial?) JB says I had no idea that what she was going to say was a lie. How could I know that? (HHJP to JB: And tell me Mr. Baeeezzzz, why should I believe you when I watched you over and over totally ignore court rules and orders and blatantly misrepresent evidence and testimony?")

It would be like sitting two siblings down and telling them since it's impossible to figure out who started the squabble, they are both going to get in trouble.

Just for good measure, smack em both with fines and perjury.

IMO

When JB was arguing to keep out the computer evidence in the State's rebuttal ,HH asked him if he knew CA would be testifying to those searches. I realize his intent was that the rebuttal info should have been expected,but I also felt the underlying reason was,"did you know she was going to lie?" Maybe I'm projecting again :crazy:

I got the exact same impression. He asked it, JB avoided answering, he asked it, JB avoided answering. It was funny to me. HHJP was not going to let him wiggle his way out of answering. Finally when he did say yes, he knew what she was going to say, like the spoiled kid he had to then immediately say without missing a beat, that LDB should have not been surprised since something similar had come up in the deposition or some such nonsense.

Well, I dk what JB was watching when LDB cross examined Cindy for that testimony but it sure did not look to me like it was something she was expecting. She looked downright furious.

IMO

"Like attracts Like" When you think about it, who else but JB could have taken on ICA as their client?

And I vote yes for Jose Baez being charged with Subornation of Perjury!

Casey has a case against Baez. That's for sure!

I am just sooooo hoping that whatever occurs with HHJP dealing with Baez is televised so we can watch it. We watched the train wreck, we should get to watch the dismantling of the train.

Me too I want to see him get his and I think HHJP is just the judge to be tough as necessary with JB. HHJP respects the law and won't tolerate any disrespect for it. JB's got some explaining to do. IMO

Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed View Post
I have another question which may or may not play into this thread. What was the deal with Lee going to JB with something he heard his mother and father discussing? I have always thought that Lee heard Cindy and George talking about the "new" defense theory that Caylee drowned in the family pool, and that he was going to put the molestation stuff out there.
Did Lee go to JB and say ... "If you do that, I will let all your dirty little secrets out"...and hence JB NEVER EVEN ASKED LEE ABOUT MOLESTATION ON THE STAND? I would LOVE to know what all that was about. Some very sleazy stuff going on, if you ask me. And it didn't just start 6 weeks before the trial began.
That's neither here nor there, however. Casey killed her daughter, nobody else. I just think there was a lot of shenanigans going on for the past 3 years.

Oh to have been a fly on the wall when Lee and JB had that meeting JMO

JB's "lawyering" style IMO is at best questionable MOO

I just got to thinking I think it was about him saying his mother send the Pi's into the woods.

Lee testifying last week that he was fully aware that Cindy called in her " Boys PI's" to go into the woods to find " Caylee". A deceased Caylee. Lee to say that he was upset, felt he was out of the loop, he to leave Camp Ant and retreat go back to work. Really? Maybe Mr. Lee Anthony was afraid they would find Caylee. He under immunity, is this why he said the opposite of his loving mother last week? Did Lee know where Caylee was " in the woods" - Casey telling him in code, jail house vids.

Cindy's " Private Investigators"

Cindy making up the story that they were led by a psychic. The woman who was said to have held a " Teddy" that belonged to Caylee -in her home/office in Virginia- to call and tell Dominic Casey on the phone where to find Caylee, near the pavers, in the woods. As I recall when that all went down, it was all to be said a ruse.

Who was Dominic on the phone with that day? Maybe Rosebud needs to have her phone records pulled from November 08. Rosebud = Cindy.

The phone records were never substantiated, that Dominic was on the phone with Ms. Lucas. Not that I am aware of, after Grace made this public notice. Ms. Lucas conveniently dropped out of sight, and out of the media.

While doing rebuttal's last week they were talking about the throw away pre paid phones. There was a 15 minute recess, then JP asked about calling Mrs Anthony to the stand and then they seemed to drop it all and then court was dismissed. I guess the state must have gotten those phone records too..

Any thoughts???

This is why Lee flipped the script on his mom. He didn't want to get charged with perjury. The Anthony's probably knew where Caylee was all along.. Maybe they decided to drop that since they were in enough trouble already with the other proven perjury.

Not if Cindy said "he told me what to say, and I said it.."

I believe that CA will do just that. Most of the times when she was answering JB's question she would look down and act and sound as if she were reading from notes. But when answering questions from SA she was fluid.

We all know that if it doesn't go CA's way in relation to ICA you will take a hit. Doesn't matter who you are.

didn't cindy keep saying that she had said the same thing about the searches during her deposition. I would guess thats why JB called her to the stand because she had already said it... if she had said no i didn't do it, then she would have been caught lying in the depo...either way it was cindy that lied, he didn't make her, so i don't think he can get in trouble for that one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantum-Dark
Back