The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>
So, going back to the Obit. WM was very well known in aviation. He had employees's, friends in the industry, a girlfriend and if he was a member of a 12 step program he would have had friends there as well. I wonder how many people showed up for his memorial at the restaurant? It's not what we see, it's what we don't see. And as suggested before, follow the money. DM was definitely a lot wealthier and ended up with supreme control of everything, even peoples livelihoods, after WM died.
<snip>

Snipped for space and BBM.

I wonder this as well. While WM died at the end of November, the obit was only published in the Star on December 14th and 15th, with the reception being held on the 15th beginning at noon. That is not a lot of advanced notice. Was this done by DM intentionally?

I also found this article ('World's biggest hunt' begins near Labrador) when searching for Wayne Millard. This article is about 2 employees of a Toronto Film company being charged with violating seal protection regulations and assaulting an officer. The names of the two charged were Wayne Millard and Madelaine Burns. Did WM make films as well as being a pilot?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAIBAJ&pg=2075,553046&dq=wayne+millard&hl=en

And Seal Photos Prompt Charges (Age in this article fits, would be 39 and turning 40 and 1981):

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAIBAJ&pg=6755,4423216&dq=wayne+millard&hl=en

MB director and WM Producer and owner, article mentions they received apology. Officials seized our film in a scuffle, says director:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...YoxAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vKQFAAAAIBAJ&pg=4050,3944726

I also found this article ('World's biggest hunt' begins near Labrador) when searching for Wayne Millard. This article is about 2 employees of a Toronto Film company being charged with violating seal protection regulations and assaulting an officer. The names of the two charged were Wayne Millard and Madelaine Burns. Did WM make films as well as being a pilot?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAIBAJ&pg=2075,553046&dq=wayne+millard&hl=en

And Seal Photos Prompt Charges (Age in this article fits, would be 39 and turning 40 and 1981):

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAIBAJ&pg=6755,4423216&dq=wayne+millard&hl=en

And this one as well:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...0,3944726&dq=wayne+millard+film+toronto&hl=en

According to his obituary: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?pid=161695472

"A Humanitarian... Wayne supported, organized, and helped fund many missions on behalf of animal welfare. Sponsor a Dog, the Canadian Flora & Fauna Society, Canadian Wildlife Film Productions, the Sea Shepherd Society and the Toronto Humane Society, only to name a few." So the answer is yes, and at the time, MB was an employee of the film company as director.

Both articles (long hair and the seal hunt) were good finds. They were both discussed in an earlier thread if you are interested in looking back, after DM was arrested.

And this one as well:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...0,3944726&dq=wayne+millard+film+toronto&hl=en

According to his obituary: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?pid=161695472

"A Humanitarian... Wayne supported, organized, and helped fund many missions on behalf of animal welfare. Sponsor a Dog, the Canadian Flora & Fauna Society, Canadian Wildlife Film Productions, the Sea Shepherd Society and the Toronto Humane Society, only to name a few." So the answer is yes, and at the time, MB was an employee of the film company as director.

I did add that other article (the scuffle one, with apology) to my post, probably after you read it. That's an important update :).

Both articles (long hair and the seal hunt) were good finds. They were both discussed in an earlier thread if you are interested in looking back, after DM was arrested.

I am kind of scared of looking back and finding out that I already read them though. Is forgetfulness creeping in? :blushing: Likely!

I am kind of scared of looking back and finding out that I already read them though. Is forgetfulness creeping in? :blushing: Likely!

Lol there is a lot of info on these threads, the first few moved rather quickly. I have forgotten some as well!!!

<MODSNIP>

I don't. All stones must be turned. The suicide was unusual circumstances and WM was apparently looking forward to being married and was recovering from what you describe as his demons. He had much to look forward to in business and personally. If someone is personally recovered, then they are gaining control over their life and thus has the ability to see how well other family members are conducting their life. It is very disturbing to see a photo of DM showing a bloody eye, which is very creepy considering the recent death of his father.

I think you are naive in thinking that as apparent sole heir, and DM did not have a motive, given the fact that WM was soon to have a spouse and the funds of WM were being deflecting into something he was not interested in. While WM was rather subdued by dealing with personal demons, he would not really be as aware as to what was going on around him and perhaps was growing to really dislike what he was seeing DM doing. DM seemed to have about 10 yrs having a free rein in that household, and seemingly no direction. JMO

I am sure that the video equipment used for his soft *advertiser censored* was of a professional quality borrowed from the parents company. MOO

Bullying other members and disrupting the threads with objections to rules and/or forum moderation is not allowed. The guidelines for this thread have been posted. If you've got a problem, check the rules first, and then contact a mod.

Mr. Millard, 27, is charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of Mr. Bosma. Toronto police confirmed Tuesday they are re-examining the death of Mr. Millard&#8217;s father as well as a missing person case.

&#8220;Toronto police homicide squad is investigating both of those cases &#8212; the missing woman, Laura Babcock, and Wayne Millard&#8217;s death,&#8221; said Const. Wendy Drummond, spokeswoman for Toronto police.

&#8220;We can&#8217;t come to any conclusions, obviously, however they are being looked at.&#8221;
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...-remains-found-on-bosma-murder-suspects-farm/

I watched a show on HLN last evening called "Cold Blood". It was the story about Michael Blagg who kills his wife and six year old daughter.

Jennifer Blagg's body was recovered from the local land-fill site. Unfortunately, their daughter, Abby, has never been found.

Jennifer's cause of death was a bullet through the left eye. The bullet remained lodged inside her skull.

When I heard the COD, the hair stood up on the back of my neck as all I could think of was WM and the bullet through his left eye.

There is a possibility that WM didn't have his problems under control and his management team started to leave? There's also a possibility that Millardair was changing it's structure. Perhaps it was going from being 100% family owned to another structure. Someone may not be happy if that was to happen. IMO, the answers to those questions can only be answered by the people who were directly involved with operations such as JD, JB and RK. I'm sure that at some point one of the mechanics hired for this operation will come forward to the media with information. Maybe they've already contacted LE?? One way or another, a rational mind would think that it would be in the best interest of someone from Millardair's management team to make a statement. With WM's death being investigated, murder charges against DM, and so many respected aviation businessmen having close contact with WM, IMO, if all was peachy keen, this would have been open and shut right from the get go. Also, it would seem almost impossible to think that LE haven't gotten in touch with gf. The aviation world is a very small place.

My friend who is a flight attendant for A/C dated WM years ago. I see her tomorrow so will find out more. WM and DM parents were separated for a while as she dated WM long ago. Keep you posted tomorrow.

<MODSNIP> but I found your post interesting, as there seems to be a great deal of missing blanks on the death of WM.

It was said he was in recovery and soon to be married and started a new business, with much to look forward to. I am very glad that his suicide is being reviewed.

It was very disturbing to see the photo that DM used before and after with the blood coming out of his eye. Out of mere respect for WM, you would think that he would remove that picture. Nothing fits at all.

I hope that some folks that were close to WM at the time of his death come forward with as much details, as it would appear that DM could have had a motive to not wanting his father to marry. Perhaps DM was more in control of his father when WM was having problem coping.

Even if depression had taken him down a dark road before, it does not necessarily mean he took his life. JMO

I think he was murdered. Why because everything you read on him points to a very honest, responsible, compassionate man. He was excited about the business change from flyers to maintenance = a better income stream for money.
Prior to being CEO, it was a l l his dad up to 2006, when Carl died. So maybe, he wasn't as great a businessman as his father and fell into a depression when his trusted financial backers pulled out on him. Maybe he felt lost and felt the best thing was to pull the plug for Dellen and is ex-wife's benefit.

I would have to know his activities during November to access if felt he was failing or if he felt elated with the new venture.

If everything was going down hill, (contracts being pulled), this successful man may have having never experienced loss before gone into a deep depression. And he put the value of money before his own life wanting to protect MB and DM from future losses.

Or it was a cold calculated murder to keep someone able to live their life without parental pressure.

<MODSNIP>but I found your post interesting, as there seems to be a great deal of missing blanks on the death of WM.

I earlier found stories online about the hangar plans being quite far behind but can't seem to turn them up again, although there's a bit of boomph about WM and millardair referenced at http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70394

That fuel contract would have been a biggie, I reckon, sort of like an anchor tenant in shopping mall terms.

He seems to have assembled an aggressive team of corp builders in 2012. Whether his illness allowed him to stay in front of them is something we can't know.

I earlier found stories online about the hangar plans being quite far behind but can't seem to turn them up again, although there's a bit of boomph about WM and millardair referenced at http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70394

That fuel contract would have been a biggie, I reckon, sort of like an anchor tenant in shopping mall terms.

He seems to have assembled an aggressive team of corp builders in 2012. Whether his illness allowed him to stay in front of them is something we can't know.

Fuel Line Services is the major supplier at YKF.

The post that I had originally responded to, is gone but I found your post interesting, as there seems to be a great deal of missing blanks on the death of WM.

It was said he was <MODSNIP> and soon to be married and started a new business, with much to look forward to. I am very glad that his suicide is being reviewed.

It was very disturbing to see the photo that DM used before and after with the blood coming out of his eye. Out of mere respect for WM, you would think that he would remove that picture. Nothing fits at all.

I hope that some folks that were close to WM at the time of his death come forward with as much details, as it would appear that DM could have had a motive to not wanting his father to marry. Perhaps DM was more in control of his father when WM was having problem coping.

Even if depression had taken him down a dark road before, it does not necessarily mean he took his life. JMO

Very good points but the sad thing is this will have to be figured out by the LE with them hopefully interviewing any close friends or family on his state of mind leading up to the date this happened.

There is rumor that he was getting married soon but where did this info come from besides hearing one media release stating this? Or if he was engaged was there a recent split? <MODSNIP> Was there more problems with the business than we can see from the outside? So many questions but hard ones to answer unless closer to the situation. Suicide is terrible as a lot of times people don't even see it coming to this.

I am not saying this is what happened as I too really wonder about the pic on his gaming profile, its so disturbing. :moo:

<MODSNIP> As a freelancer she would be researching possible articles to write and sell to papers. The thing is, I think the truth about WM's suicide is so personal/embarrassing/ugly that no paper would pay money for the story because a lot of readers would be really angry to have their paper pawing through the manure in this man's life in public.

So no paper is going to publish the real story of the suicide - people would find it too offensive (personal). And LE will check out the situation and declare WM's death a suicide - and not offer any further information.

Call me overly optimistic but I trust LE to handle the delicate situation of investigating WM's demise with kid gloves. It's hard on the survivors (friends and people who loved him) to hear too much spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214