The Smiths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a prior post about church affiliations

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4654003&postcount=78"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ - 8 mo. old Gabriel Johnson missing since 12-26-09, #3[/ame]

Originally Posted by Searchfortruth
I think this is TPS's church, has this been posted here before ? Her name is at the link.

http://www.wedontthrowstones.com/calendars/view_event.shtml?1502

They seem to be part of "The Evangelical Covenant Church"

Weirdly ... I found this story

CHICAGO, IL (January 7, 2010) – New worship and informational resources are available on the Evangelical Covenant Church website for congregations seeking to observe national Human Trafficking...

http://www.covchurch.org/cov/news/item7485

Fuller discussion here and I don't know what has or hasn't been verified

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93746&page=4

Article about Smith's connection to adopted daughter's father and Logan's comments about adoption.

Police: Missing Baby Case Has Nashville Ties
Source Reveals Why Tammi, Jack Smith Are Now Person's Of Interest

http://www.kpho.com/news/22180215/detail.html

Pat McReynolds
January 8, 2010

"We did not do the adoption papers like she wanted. She wanted to keep pushing it along, pushing it along," Tammi Smith said.

But the baby's father, Logan McQueary, remembers differently. He said the Smiths pressured him after Gabriel disappeared.

An eerily similar story has emerged.

"I think what they've done is wrong. They've manipulated the system and lied and I wouldn't mind seeing them face charges," said Jack Smith's stepson

Prof - who is it connected to TS in Van Horn? I can't remember. TIA

Putting this here... maybe we should note thing that the Smith's have said and what has been corroborated.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/phoenix/missing_baby_011310
Wednesday, 13 Jan 2010

In the latest twist, Johnson claims there is video to prove that Gabriel was handed off to a couple in Texas. Tammi Smith told FOX 10 that she visited Johnson in jail Wednesday, saying the FBI has the surveillance video. The FBI has not confirmed that.

"After two days of getting to know them, on the third day they came to her hotel. They stayed inside the hotel for a while, she held the baby while they talked and they finalized things. She felt very pressured and scared, scared that she might go to jail or those types of things and pressured because she knew they really wanted a baby," Tammi Smith told us. "She wants out of jail and she wants that baby back so she can get out of jail."

My first reaction was "start a new thread?" but then Hmmn - :waitasec:- I thought is there anything the Smith's have said that HAS been corroborated? My mind just went blank:crosseyed:

My first reaction was "start a new thread?" but then Hmmn - :waitasec:- I thought is there anything the Smith's have said that HAS been corroborated? My mind just went blank:crosseyed:

I actually had the same thought and, me 'blank' also! I think LE did a good job of telling us what was absolutely not true in that one article (but I think they just focused on a few things and not every myth the Smith's have promoted)!

I just want to put this here again because of how strange it sounds and because this is an early statement by Tammi.

Couple May Get News On Missing Child
Couple Tried To Adopt 8-Month-Old Gabriel Johnson

http://www.kpho.com/news/22125969/detail.html

Pat McReynolds
January 4, 2010

"When Gabriel disappeared, they said to me basically if you really care about your son and you want him back and you want Elizabeth to bring him back, than you'll sign the paperwork and she'll bring him back," said Logan McQueary.

The Smiths said they were only passing along the messages they were getting from Elizabeth. They also say they are cooperating fully with the investigation and no longer believe the adoption is possible.

"Now the father is so deeply into this that his ego would never allow him to sign papers," said Smith

But they still may have a role to play. The Smiths believe Elizabeth Johnson will tell them Gabriel's location Tuesday.

"She wants to talk to me tomorrow at 2 o'clock to see if I will help her with attorneys to gain custody of Gabriel. If she hurt the baby, I don't think she would be trying to get custody," Tammi Smith said.

Why does TS think it was okay to adopt GJ. I think she took advantage of EJ In stead of telling her to go to counciling and really help she was just looking out for her best interest. I see she did have connection to where EJ was at in Texas. I think they know also I think they are hiding Information. I hope GJ is found and I hope EJ will get the help she needs. Its is obvious she has anger issues. Got Bless Everyone in this case and I hope he is found soon! TS what comes around goes around your not out of the woods for a long shot!! Seams she should be charged!

Personally, in this whole thing, I think Tammi is the sociopath. Limited emotional depth-check. Lack of understanding why others feel the way they do - check. Pathological lying - possibly check. Overexploitation of "common threads" (religion, child care, etc.) - check.
Manipulative - check. Over blown sense of her own self worth - check. Failure to take responsibility - check.

Just sayin.

I do not think Tammi attends this church:

A) The Tammy Smith at that link spells her name differently, with a Y.
B) This church is about 20 miles from TPS's home
C) (This is the most subjective): I remember an old post of TPS on her facebook, talking about how she switched churches. She had been attending a large church but now she was attending a much smaller church. I wish I could find that link, because I can't remember the full name of her new church, I just remember that it did not have "Paradise Valley" as part of its name.

I do not think Tammi attends this church:

A) The Tammy Smith at that link spells her name differently, with a Y.
B) This church is about 20 miles from TPS's home
C) (This is the most subjective): I remember an old post of TPS on her facebook, talking about how she switched churches. She had been attending a large church but now she was attending a much smaller church. I wish I could find that link, because I can't remember the full name of her new church, I just remember that it did not have "Paradise Valley" as part of its name.

Thank you Marigold ... I don't have time now, but later I will go back to where this was being discussed here on an earlier thread and see if someone figured it out (unless someone knows more about this and posts! ;)

I'd still like to know why TPS posted a picture of Gabriel on her FB asking people to pray for him on December 15th. Pray for what?

The Smiths came out of the gate on NG lying about their contact with EJ while she was on the run.

January 7th...

GRACE: How often did the mom -- mommy, 23-year-old Elizabeth Johnson contact you while she was between Tempe, San Antonio, and Miami Beach?

J. SMITH: Well, between.

T. SMITH: Do you mean once she left?

GRACE: Yes.

J. SMITH: She didn`t contact us any between here and there. We only found out when we did the MySpace thing and found her account and then we.

(I find it interesting that JS answered this. Maybe he really didn't know there had been contact between EJ and TS?)

T. SMITH: And then she texted us that message.

(Texted what message? Did she mean myspace private messaged her? Or the message that she didn't really kill Gabriel that she supposedly sent right after her text to LM?)

J. SMITH: We text her and all that.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Now I`ve got that message and it says -- I`ve got it right here. It says, "I am ever worried this e-mail can be traced to where I am, so I probably won`t e-mail again. But I had to let you know, we are all right, because I know you must be worried sick and I am so sorry for that. I really am."

What was she worried about? Why was she worried about being traced if she had done nothing wrong, Tammi?

T. SMITH: Well, once we did start to talk to her, she said that her plan was to keep running.

They also stated during that same interview that they believed at that time, before EJ left, that EJ had physical custody and that LM only had visitation rights?

JULIA: How long was it before the father knew the child was going to be adopted, that the mother and the adoptive parents were planning to put the -- or she was planning to put this baby up for adoption before the father knew?

GRACE: Right. To Jack and Tammi Smith, when did you guys try to get the father to agree and learn that he was not part of this. I believe she represented you at the beginning that he was OK with it?

J. SMITH: She represented in the very beginning that he was back and forth.

GRACE: Yes.

J. SMITH: Back and forth with that. And so he did not have -- we asked to speak with him. He did not have a cell phone at that time. I think he`s living with his father. We couldn`t get a hold of him so that`s when we took the...

(they had no problem reaching him by cell phone on the 22nd when they send that text)

T. SMITH: We were supposed to meet up with him and the father at court. When we went to court that day, it was all settled and set up for us to go have lunch together. And go to the park and have them spend time with the baby and discuss it all.

But when Elizabeth won custody, they just walked past us and left and they didn`t -- they didn`t come back and we waited for about 40 minutes and they didn`t come back.

(they believed she won custody on December 17th?)

GRACE: Now, it`s my understanding, Elizabeth never had formal custody.

T. SMITH: She did. She had -- she had the custody -- physical custody. And then when she went to court, when he was.

GRACE: Let me rephrase. It`s my understanding she had shared custody with the father. They had shared custody.

T. SMITH: No.

GRACE: That he would get to visit. No?

T. SMITH: You`ll have to look at the documents, but I can tell you that she had physical custody and then when they went to court, he was trying to get custody.

J. SMITH: Sure.

T. SMITH: And the judge gave her custody and said that he could have a visit.

GRACE: OK, hold on.

T. SMITH: That`s all I know.

GRACE: Matt Zarrell, you`ve got the documents, I`ve got the documents. What do they say and give it to me in a nutshell, Matt.

MATT ZARRELL, NANCY GRACE STAFFER, COVERING STORY: Mom and dad had shared custody. They had split the week. Mom took her for -- mom took Gabriel for a couple of days, dad took the baby for a couple of days.

So before EJ took off, the Smiths had Gabriel living with them because EJ let them keep him at their home and they apparently believed that she still had full physical custody? When did LM apply for the hearing on the 28th? Was it before or after she left? I thought it was after. If that is the case, they didn't know she had to be back for the 28th? This just keeps getting more confusing the more I look at it.

If the Smiths didn't have anything to do with EJ leaving, why would they lie about their contact with her while she was gone on NG when it's obvious by the text exchange with LM on the 22nd that they were in contact with her?

Going back to their statements on NG right near the beginning is really interesting reading I find.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/07/ng.01.html

To me, this is a very telling interview for many reasons (I particularly like the "we can't get in touch with the father" bit. I'm still uncertain what to think about the other questions raised here about what the Smith's were thinking, assumed, or knew though.

Wasn't there paperwork filed by Logan on Dec 14th or 15th?

I'd still like to know why TPS posted a picture of Gabriel on her FB asking people to pray for him on December 15th. Pray for what?

Also, it appears that was the day ELizabeth got her dad's car, rented a room in the trailer, etc. The day before she claimed CC was a possible father?

I don't think EJ is a saint, and even if Tammi had some sort of weird control over her, Tammi was not in the car, Tammi was not in the hotel room, Tammi is not the one that originally started scheming to take Gabriel from his father, and Tammi is not the last known person to have contact with Gabriel. Elizabeth was on her own, she could have chosen to do whatever she wanted, including turning Gabe over to Logan, or even Social Services for them to sort it out. She didn't, whatever happened on the last day with Gabriel is completely on Elizabeth. But I do think Tammi played a part. Now, I can't tell you how much she does or doesn't know. For all we know, Tammi might have had an equally illegal but quite different plan and Elizabeth went rogue on her. It wouldn't surprise me.

NMK... yeah, maybe we don't know what their role is, but we can use this thread to look at the Smith's and they are still POI's. That doesn't mean Elizabeth didn't have a role.

I think Tammi orchestrated the leaving. Then found out she'd met her match in Logan.

I think Tammi orchestrated the leaving. Then found out she'd met her match in Logan.

I don't think she anticipated so much coming from his end. What kills me though is that the Smith's kept it up even after Elizabeth was caught - per that article in early January and the sniping at Logan. I not only thought that was cruel, but arrogant ... maybe stupid on their part? And what was their talk even then about still possibly helping EJ get full custody of Gabriel? I'm not even sure if EJ asked that, but that is what Tammi said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24