The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she have them stuffed in an extra hole in her body that we haven't seen, a magical handy-dandy orifice?

I think at this point we are all well qualified to testify that Ms. Arias has no extra hidey-holes. :what:

I hate that this is my first post (Hi all!) but I couldn't resist.

I agree, I have never addressed this, because of the multiple ways this could have happened.

Nor have I talked about Cancun as I believe it is insignificant.

I, too believe the gunshot had to come first and have never waivered. As a man I see it next to impossible to believe little buck 25 125 could overpower a man with a knife.

I do feel, not having seen all of the wounds that some cuts may have been during sex, obviously not the heart wound or the hand ones

You need to see the pics.

A 4 inch stab to the heart that penetrates the sternum is kinda an equalizer in strength. She had the element of surprise....he was unarmed, wet naked and taken by surprise...poor guy probably didn't know what hit him, until it did ...then it was too late.

There were no sex play wounds.

I am shocked by how some seem to have already given up before the trial is even over and the verdict isnt even in yet.:waitasec:

Is it the Casey Anthony syndrome or something? Just wondering.

I am not at all worried. Martinez proved all elements he was required to prove concerning premeditation and then some.... imo. So that throws out the self defense as being a plausable defense theory. None of her actions starting from stealing her grandparent's gun adds up to self defense.

A person who had to defend themselves right out of the blue doesnt steal a weapon.......goes 90 miles to rent a car........dyes their hair because the victim's neighbors may recognize them nor brings a knife and gun into a bathroom where a man is showering and tries to pretend they were never even in AZ on the 4th but a premeditated murderer does do exactly that!

There is nothing that has given any indication this jury is going to let this walk free. I love how they ask questions to rule things out as they go along but all in all this jury had very little questions in the state's case in totality because most of it was so clear and concise.

Travis will get the justice is so richly desires. I refuse to believe anything else based on the overwhelming evidence that has been entered against her.

IMO
I don't think anyone has given up.. I think the way that "the state rests" was abruptly stated shocked many.

I personally think it was brilliant; keeping it to the facts of premeditation, the crime, and connecting Jodi back to it without allowing the defense to take horrible swipes at the victim and also thinking ahead to the future (re: stalking issue)

I agree, I have never addressed this, because of the multiple ways this could have happened.

Nor have I talked about Cancun as I believe it is insignificant.

I, too believe the gunshot had to come first and have never waivered. As a man I see it next to impossible to believe little buck 25 125 could overpower a man with a knife.

I do feel, not having seen all of the wounds that some cuts may have been during sex, obviously not the heart wound or the hand ones

I trust the one who was there doing the actual autopsy. The one with the vast knowledge and experience...expertise in this field.

I have always believed Dr. Horn was very correct. It makes sense to me more than other theories like the gun being fired first. Just the impact of the bullet entering his forehead at such a high velosity would render him unconscious quickly and bullets are rotating at a high velosity when going in and it will then spiral in all different kind of directions until the velosity begins to slow when going through bone, tissue and brain before it finally came to rest in the left cheek.

All the horrible wounds were inflicted by the deadly knife she used. The ME knows the difference. They were all horrible knife wounds inflicted by the murderess at the time she was slaughtering him.

IMO

Canadian Tire is having a huge sale on forks this week.. :great: Just got their flier, what great timing.

Thanks for the info. Best stock up eh :floorlaugh: "So we say back off bucko or I'm gonna spork ya"

Agreed. Can you get verified as an attorney? I like to hear as many professional opinions as possible, although I must say that many of the posters here have been so involved in these trials that they are practically as good as!!!

The state proved first degree murder, IMO. But I do think they make a mistake in not providing motive to a jury, even though that is not required. We have seen that repeatedly. In the Laci Peterson case, where there was really no blood or fiber evidence and frankly, much less circumstantial evidence that he murdered her than in cases where the defendant gets off, the state proved its case with motive via the taped calls with his mistress. scott peterson is on death row.

In the Caylee Anthony case, where there was a ton of forensic evidence linking casey to the murder of her daughter, I think the state did a poor job of establishing motive - nothing showing exactly how tied down and trapped she felt, nothing showing that her new boyfriend really didn't want the baby around and that her parents refused to babysit overnight so much. casey walks.

I do think evidence of her stalking and obsessive behavior should have been presented in the case in chief, if they could.

Thank you! Now I can see what I missed!

I;m on the fence. I think he could have survived a gun shot for awhile. Many people do. I mean, she came prepared with a gun and her statements about how she would have shot him over and over instead of stabbing him support that scenario. Also, the fact that in her ninja story, the shot came first sticks out to me, because I think she was then trying to match up what any potential witness, like a neighbor, may have heard: A shot, then screaming, then someone saying "shut up".

In the least picture of Travis, he was seated. She may have shot him, looming above and he may have screamed or held his head and asked for help. Frightened that he could get away, she may have run for a knife in his kitchen or in her purse and when she came back, he may have been able to stand up and was weaving on his feet. Then comes the stab to the lungs. Impossibly, he is still able to lurch toward the sink. She then begins stabbing him in the back. He falls to his knees and begins crawling and she continues to stab him in the back and head before, panicked that he could still somehow survive, straddling him, pulling back his head and practically cutting it off.

I think the ME allowed for some wiggle room for this to happen.

ETA: I think in the casey case, there were a few facets to motive. The others were her deep hatred for her mother and jealousy of Caylee and of being replaced as the princess of the family by Caylee. The state did a piss poor job of showing any of that.

BBM - Excellent points, but I don't blame the Prosecution in the CA trial for not showing motive. That family was so uncooperative that they didn't have anyone that would come forward and give direct testimony about the relationships between Casey, Cindy and Caylee. IIRC all they had was hearsay from a couple of friends and members of Cindy Anthony's family. I would humbly have to defer to your knowledge as an attorney though. You probably see it a lot differently than a lay person like me. :seeya:

I think at this point we are all well qualified to testify that Ms. Arias has no extra hidey-holes. :what:

I hate that this is my first post (Hi all!) but I couldn't resist.

It may have where she hid the gun!

You need to see the pics.

I have seen the pics what I meant was all 29 stab wounds, if you look at the one pic of Travis on bed with arm in the air, he looks like death warmed over, pale as can be. He looks worse in that pic that the subsequent shower pics.

Duct Tape Theory!

rjqdma.jpg

308v1p5.png

I saw this over on the Facebook page and it finally made sense!

I have seen the pics what I meant was all 29 stab wounds, if you look at the one pic of Travis on bed with arm in the air, he looks like death warmed over, pale as can be. He looks worse in that pic that the subsequent shower pics.

She's a very bad photographer ..IMO

I don't think anyone has given up.. I think the way that "the state rests" was abruptly stated shocked many.

I personally think it was brilliant; keeping it to the facts of premeditation, the crime, and connecting Jodi back to it without allowing the defense to take horrible swipes at the victim and also thinking ahead to the future (re: stalking issue)

I just see so many that seem worried that she wll get off and we arent even through with the case yet. I sure hope people arent giving up.:)

Oh I agree.......it was great. Now all of a sudden its the defense attorney's turn to put up or shut up. The pressure is now on the DT.:)

I think Martinez is very comfortable where the case is.

IMO

I can only imagine what is yet to come out. Usually once somebody is tucked away by a conviction folks are more willing to talk. This one is one to fear. IMO

She's a very bad photographer ..IMO

While I can agree with this if the deleted pics are all I am looking at, however there were many nice pics of Travis and Jodi on vacation and I have a feeling that they were done with a timer and tripod versus strangers taking their pics, otherwise we would have a ton more people on tv claiming to take certain pics etc

Photographer and Artist :floorlaugh: She snaps photos and paints. At least she did.

Dr. Drew just made an interesting comment, but I only caught the tail end of it. He said, "Watch her: she stops blinking."

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it during the interrogation or live in court where she's noticeably not blinking?

T.I.A.

I have read & heard several "body language experts" say that people often blink a lot more than normal when they're lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro