The "Totally Off Topic" Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Annie! :blowkiss: So glad to hear you're feeling better. Cripes, whatever you had sounds absolutely horrible. That's interesting about warming everything - never heard of that before.

Yes, I used to run the hot water and make the kids sit in the bathroom. I also used to put a few drops of eucalyptus in a large bowl of hot water, drape a towel over their heads and tell them to inhale. Learned that from a spa I used to belong to where they had a eucalyptus steam room.

Have fun watching the Globes. I was quite surprised about a few of the awards. I'm wondering if the Oscars will follow suit.

Taximom said:
:laugh: :laugh: "warm banana" That's a new one, PSA. :p

Ouch, what you have sounds painful! My mom used to fill a small pan with water, make a tin foil type chute to go over it and have me breath in the steam from the boiling water. You have to be careful, but it feels good when your lungs feel like there is glass breaking inside.

Get better soon!

Many years ago, I knew a woman that was from "olde" Europe somewhere and she gave me this wonderful recipe once that kicked my cold out in hours. All I remember was that it had some alcohol in it, but don't remember anything else. Sometimes I wish I had it now, but probably couldn't take it around the kids. It knocked me flat out. (Hmm on second thought...)

Here's a recipe for a hot toddy - if it doesn't kill you, it will make you feel bette. Even if it doesn't, if you drink enough, you won't care!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A823439

happy2bn10ec said:
Here's a recipe for a hot toddy - if it doesn't kill you, it will make you feel bette. Even if it doesn't, if you drink enough, you won't care!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A823439
That's close, but it had more alcohol in it, if you can believe that! Thank you-I still might try this next time I'm down and out. Especially since they've changed the Nyquil formula from what I understand. :( I still have one old bottle...wonder what it's worth on ebay? haha

Just doing a test here folks, pay me no mind. Trying to see if a link will show in the sig line.

Since Scandi teases me so much - this sig line link is for you Scandi

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hey curious :) :blowkiss: ... ugh I ... was bout to sign off .... saw your note (thanks) Geeezsh, I never NEVER had such bad respiratory problems ... never saw a Nebu before ... and funnily enough was only told today about COPD. My heart goes out to you .... your advice matches Doc's to th T.... they even gave me a roll of gauze to wrap over/around to breathe thru.

Apparently GLOBAL WARMING is to blame for changing global temps - and we're supposed to be in the hottest desert worldwide - but have received record-breaking cold rains and winter temps SINCE RECORDS BEGAN!

Well, I'm 90% over it ... headin to bed NOW to get rid of the rest. Am amazed at this Nebulizer 'thing', curious .... gee and steamin up bathrooms - also told NOT to eat/swallow ANYTHING cool as that chills the inside of our bodies ----> and even water should be warmed in hot water or the microwave..

Gulp! Can u can tell I haven't had kids or been this ill before! Even FRUIT ..... doc says stick to fruit and water and they should be lightly warmed if you've got a slight chill :eek: ??? Woe.... CAN you believe I never knew this??? :doh:

Off to bed with a warm banana (now now .... settle down ....) and a glass of warm fizzy vits!

Hugs: Polk :D

LOL, ok i had to scroll back to find out about this......you nut :blowkiss:
i'm glad you're feeling relief..

Hey close :D :D .... lol ... taxi, charlie, scands, curious, jilly & happy2bn10ec ... thanks - yep, my spirits gone up a bit; temp gone down a bit .... good health lies ahead! Thanks. Happy - thanks, too, for that toddy recipe! Those concoctions really DO help.

How's the Big Freeze faring your end, guys? Lordie - I saw some clips and pics on the 'Net & TV news channels. The Tree of Ice that collapsed on a home was incredible :eek:.

Hope y'all stay warm and safe... hope we get a breakthrough in Michelle's case. Y'know, I watched John Walsh & co on Larry King Live (the Ownby/Hornbeck case) and they said something we've ALL long figured in Michelle's case...

The crim def atties advised that Devlin's family lawyer/friend routed "Devo" to DEFENSE attornies - as he was 'a regular attorney'. Now, that's always bugged me :- JY instantly signing up a criminal defense attorney - when, (if he was truly innocent but somehow felt the need for legal advice) a regular attorney would have been 'as good'.

Hope I'm making myself clear, lol. Basically, it's my (shared??) opinion JY knew he needed CRIME defense, not just normal, regular legal advice to 'protect his rights'. And all that's done, thus far, is ensure mouths stay shut, absolutely no assistance afforded LE in this case and a stretch of costly and hurtful TIME to loved ones :(

ramblin .... ramblin .... but angry that perps have so much security when their victims had NONE...

OK... getting on my bike, lol...

raisincharlie said:
Just doing a test here folks, pay me no mind. Trying to see if a link will show in the sig line.

Since Scandi teases me so much - this sig line link is for you Scandi

OI!!! Who said you could use my pic??? There's royalties in them thar pixels..

Arf, arf, arf :D :D

(yeah, yeah, yeah ... she blissfully wishes...!)

PolkSaladAnnie said:
OI!!! Who said you could use my pic??? There's royalties in them thar pixels..

Arf, arf, arf :D :D

(yeah, yeah, yeah ... she blissfully wishes...!)
Hey there PSA - I couldn't resist. That Ms. Scandi is always accusing me of things since I go to every IRL race I can get to, I figured she needed to see who she was accusing me of doing things with. Excuse me ladies - its Scandi's fault ! :D

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hey close :D :D .... lol ... taxi, charlie, scands, curious, jilly & happy2bn10ec ... thanks - yep, my spirits gone up a bit; temp gone down a bit .... good health lies ahead! Thanks. Happy - thanks, too, for that toddy recipe! Those concoctions really DO help.

How's the Big Freeze faring your end, guys? Lordie - I saw some clips and pics on the 'Net & TV news channels. The Tree of Ice that collapsed on a home was incredible :eek:.

Hope y'all stay warm and safe... hope we get a breakthrough in Michelle's case. Y'know, I watched John Walsh & co on Larry King Live (the Ownby/Hornbeck case) and they said something we've ALL long figured in Michelle's case...

The crim def atties advised that Devlin's family lawyer/friend routed "Devo" to DEFENSE attornies - as he was 'a regular attorney'. Now, that's always bugged me :- JY instantly signing up a criminal defense attorney - when, (if he was truly innocent but somehow felt the need for legal advice) a regular attorney would have been 'as good'.

Hope I'm making myself clear, lol. Basically, it's my (shared??) opinion JY knew he needed CRIME defense, not just normal, regular legal advice to 'protect his rights'. And all that's done, thus far, is ensure mouths stay shut, absolutely no assistance afforded LE in this case and a stretch of costly and hurtful TIME to loved ones :(

ramblin .... ramblin .... but angry that perps have so much security when their victims had NONE...

OK... getting on my bike, lol...

well it's 25 degrees here...no ice, no snow here...
...ramble on...i get angry over it also, at times.....i think justice will be served though..i really do, even though i get disgruntled a bit sometimes...

raisincharlie said:
Hey there PSA - I couldn't resist. That Ms. Scandi is always accusing me of things since I go to every IRL race I can get to, I figured she needed to see who she was accusing me of doing things with. Excuse me ladies - its Scandi's fault ! :D

lol....

raisincharlie said:

Tee hee charlie ,,, lol... our dear scands! We can only but love her, eh. Gosh, a dedicated follower of crime alright! Scands, aside from getting charlie in all this hot water with that gal - if you were ever in LE in real life - you'd be voted into office, darlin; so committed and thorough you are to justice indeed! You're Everybody's Friend .... in Every Forum/Thread.

Even when I lurk from a distance, there remain many 'dear' posters (to me), that I feel good when I see their hats posting away.

Hey! as an aside :eek: did you see the story about the man whose mobile phone caught fire in his pants, burning him and causing a fire in the States?! Yikes - first a lap-top burns and now ... A MOBILE PHONE?

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Tee hee charlie ,,, lol... our dear scands! We can only but love her, eh. Gosh, a dedicated follower of crime alright! Scands, aside from getting charlie in all this hot water with that gal - if you were ever in LE in real life - you'd be voted into office, darlin; so committed and thorough you are to justice indeed! You're Everybody's Friend .... in Every Forum/Thread.

Even when I lurk from a distance, there remain many 'dear' posters (to me), that I feel good when I see their hats posting away.

Hey! as an aside :eek: did you see the story about the man whose mobile phone caught fire in his pants, burning him and causing a fire in the States?! Yikes - first a lap-top burns and now ... A MOBILE PHONE?
Was he "frequently checking his voicemail"?

Taximom said:
That's close, but it had more alcohol in it, if you can believe that! Thank you-I still might try this next time I'm down and out. Especially since they've changed the Nyquil formula from what I understand. :( I still have one old bottle...wonder what it's worth on ebay? haha
You can always adjust it to your own personal taste...you know, add about triple the amount of whiskey, or whatever you are using. I mixed up some whiskey, honey and lemon juice, warmed it up and added several TBS. to hot tea when I was sick a while back. I THINK it helped. It sounded pretty gross to me, but it was actually pretty tasty. So tasty, in fact, that I sat here all day drinking tea, looking out the window and playing on the computer...between naps!

But I did get better in the next day or so.

Hey, how much you want for that bottle of Nyquil??? hahaha

O/T hey close, did you post that picture and where could I find it? I lost it when I changed computers...or maybe you could send it to me again, even if it is the about third time:doh: ???

happy2bn10ec said:
You can always adjust it to your own personal taste...you know, add about triple the amount of whiskey, or whatever you are using. I mixed up some whiskey, honey and lemon juice, warmed it up and added several TBS. to hot tea when I was sick a while back. I THINK it helped. It sounded pretty gross to me, but it was actually pretty tasty. So tasty, in fact, that I sat here all day drinking tea, looking out the window and playing on the computer...between naps!

O/T hey close, did you post that picture and where could I find it? I lost it when I changed computers...or maybe you could send it to me again, even if it is the about third time:doh: ???
Oh noooo, my throat is all scratchy. :( I might just try this hot toddy sooner than I thought. I wouldn't know what to change in a recipe, though. I think the orig. recipe that I tried had whiskey AND red wine. Doesn't sound very good, but with the honey etc it was ok. Just wish I could remember the right combination. Thanks again though! :blowkiss: (germ-free)

Taximom said:
Oh noooo, my throat is all scratchy. :( I might just try this hot toddy sooner than I thought. I wouldn't know what to change in a recipe, though. I think the orig. recipe that I tried had whiskey AND red wine. Doesn't sound very good, but with the honey etc it was ok. Just wish I could remember the right combination. Thanks again though! :blowkiss: (germ-free)
Wild Turkey + honey in a nice green hot tea works very well, especially for the scratchy throat...

Charlie, Here's my answer to your closing addy link:

david_caruso.jpg

:innocent: Scandi

scandi said:
Charlie, Here's my answer to your closing addy link:

:innocent: Scandi

oh my!!!!...Horatio (is that how you spell his name?)....i LOVE him....he use to be in some other show a few years back, but i never watched the show...can't even remember what it was called....i absolutely LOVE David Caruso in CSI Miami :blushing:

gotta love those sunglasses he wears in the show (heart thumping here)

happy2bn10ec said:

yes yes....i posted it over in the "Jury Room" ..... oh gosh, it's buried somewhere in the first thread titled "photos"...maybe it's titled "pics-pictures"???....i'll send it to ya:)

i finally got all my Kodak cds downloaded on this new computer....still have two rolls of film out from Christmas....should get them back next week some time i guess...i always have them sent directly to Kodak, soooo it takes a lot longer than just having Walgreens do it .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214