The Weather Channel: "A very bad week ahead"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was just listening to the scanner in Catoosa County GA (extreme NW) where multiple deaths have been reported. The dispatch & officers sound weary... reports of people trapped, many roads are blocked & there are difficulties getting to the injured & then finding a clear route to hospitals. One officer asked if he should leave the 2 bodies in the yard so he could respond to other calls. I heard someone say "We need all the help we can get". Another report of someone injured needing assistance to evacuate his damaged residence ... has 2 infants & cannot make it on foot. I think the Ingles Grocery parking lot is a comand post/staging/triage area. They just keep on saying so many roads are impassable.

Prayers for all those affected by the violent weather. Scenerios just like the above are playing out across several states. It will be a long night...... darkness adds to the difficulties & the lines of communication that are still working are over-taxed.

ETA: minute by minute coverage @ http://www.ajc.com/

Eek .. Gwinnett is in the upcoming "Yellow" area ... Batten down the hatches WR .. it's coming in our direction ..

ty, still watching......am so sleepy but gonna have stay up and watch!
tornado warning in GA now for Dawson, white, towns, haberhsam ...shoot, too many to list!!!!!!!!!!!

brand new report...catoosa county, GA 2 fatalaties (sp?) reported...
2 injuries.....

Tornado warnings now in central Indiana, east of Indy. Widespread flash flooding in IL and IN, as well.

NE of Atlanta here....storms moving this way.....sleepy but gotta stay up....
I didn't hear what county they were talking about, but they were saying a mobile home park was badly hit...WHY does this always seem to be?????????????

On scanner they just added a fatality in Ringgold, makes 5 known deaths.

Bartow Co GA here. Sirens have been almost constant for the past hour. Friends in Alabama lost their home and their parents did too = ( It has missed us so far, it tends to avoid the lake usually (fingers crossed) prayers to everyone in it's path!
a little bit below u, or west, I am not sure.......BARROW Co. here.....NE of ATL.....

On scanner they just added a fatality in Ringgold, makes 5 known deaths.

Oh no...was looking at this on the tv map earlier and telling hubby this is where I got married the 1st time....

uh-oh looking at channel 2 and the storms are heading STRAIGHT my way....
weatherman just said its just now a ts WARNING!!!!! *whew*

Oh no...was looking at this on the tv map earlier and telling hubby this is where I got married the 1st time....

I have a wonderful friend (elderly lady) who lives there; I think Ringgold was known as a "marriage mill" way back in the day.... long before your time.

Stay safe buddy!

My heart is breaking for everyone involved. I live in Oklahoma and I've lived threw some of the bad ones that took apart our towns so I do know what this is like. Tears are floowing for everyone . Your all in my prayers. I have been very surprised that Central Oklahoma has not been hit bad yet and pray were not. Please everyone everyone check in when your able .

storms still a little west of my part of GA...looks like they are weakening, TG!

I have a wonderful friend (elderly lady) who lives there; I think Ringgold was known as a "marriage mill" way back in the day.... long before your time.

Stay safe buddy!

I was married there in '99...went on to honeymoon in TN....Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg....
hubby or (ex-hub) rather wanted to get married there 'cause alot of his kin ppl had....and most of their marriages never worked out...had a bad feeling about it, should have known better lol!

hearing some low, rumbling thunder in my part of NE GA....watching the news though, and in my part, nothing really....
bad storms not too far away...45 mins-1 hr....seem south of me though....so sleepy I think I am gonna have to sack out...prayers for all! Hope nothing bad happens after I hit the hay....

well thought I was going to bed....but no it just showed "red" areas moving toward my county....damn it, I am tired, but I am gonna stay up and watch....thunder still rolling.....gently, but still.....
I signed off, but had to come and sign back on....I surely don't wanna sound as callous as I did.....
I am just tired...long day....now this....
and the last 2 times we were threatened for storms in this area I stayed up, only to get 2-3 rolls of thunder....basically nothing...
so now I feel like I could be doing the same tonight...I know, better safe than sorry, and the thunder is getting stronger, I'll shut up now, prayers for all in the vicinity of these storms!!!!!

I have an old friend from school that lives in Blairsville Ga.. She taught me how to swim ... ...

Hang in there WR~ better to be awake when "weather happens". I have a 6:30 AM photo safari planned, we are stalking great blue heron nests, wild turkeys & pileated wood-peckers. I was certain it would be rained out, but it's looking like the rain may just skim us... the front seems to be traveling as much North as East..... I am going to attempt sleep but am totally wired right now. A couple weeks ago when the severe weather passed through here at night, I lost a huge pine tree. Scarey times! As fortune would have it, the thing crack-crack-thwumped down right across the open section of yard... a few feet one way it would have taken off the corner of my house, a little the other way, my workshop & anywhere else it would have smashed fence..... I need to remember to buy a weather radio but meanwhile Jake, my lab, lets me know when the barometric pressure begins to drop & thunder makes me stop everything to hold his paw... quite literally.

GetSmart, Blairsville is a beautiful area.

Hope everyone gets the all clear soon...just moved my sleeping kids back to their beds...exhausted but of course can't sleep now!

So grateful we didn't get hit, so sad for those dealing with losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back