Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haleigh could have awoke in the middle of the night and pulled her shirt off if it was wet. We have pics of Haleigh sleeping without a shirt on. As she grew older, it makes sense she would have started doing that as a problem bed wetter.

Haleigh could have awoke in the middle of the night and pulled her shirt off if it was wet. We have pics of Haleigh sleeping without a shirt on. As she grew older, it makes sense she would have started doing that as a problem bed wetter.

She could have undressed herself but would she have got up in the middle of the night and taken her wet shirt to the laundry pile?

Why do you think LE says they feel Misty's story is a lie and it's contradicted by the evidence if she's telling the truth?

I'm not sure what to make of the clothes but I doubt that the abductor would have asked her to change clothes. Whatever for? And how would they dare risk that the child would make a noise and wake the others up? I don't know what kind of sleeper Haleigh used to be like but none of my children would just quietly change clothes in the middle of the night no matter how well acquainted they are with the person asking. It takes a lot of time to wake them up enough to get them to do anything and it can't be accomplished quietly. They will whine and cry that they don't want to wake up yet and make a fuss.
You are right. I had not even thought about the cooperation that it would of took on HaLeighs part. now I would lean closer to someone that would have that ability with Haleigh and had the oppertunity to be influential over HaLeigh in the past and that would leave Connie out. Amber looks like a more likely suspect IMO.

She could have undressed herself but would she have got up in the middle of the night and taken her wet shirt to the laundry pile?

I agree especially if it occurred during the middle of the night, more likely not than so that she would have just pulled it off and let it drop where it may near her. But, she was getting older and understood it would need laundering, so she is capable and have the mental ability to understand taking it to the laundry. Especially depending on how she was handled concerning the bed wetting from the caretakers in her life.

If they were placing blame, guilt and severe punishment, let me say any punishment, then children do try to hide these accidents especially as they age. I pride myself in being an excellent potty trainer, doing my oldest daughter in 2 weeks, our 2 nd daughter in one week and our youngest son in one day. Potty training a child is one of my specialties, and it begins before you actually start trying by involving them mentally before you place the expectations upon them.

But I do believe if she was pee pee wet, a perp would have pulled that wet shirt off of her, especially if it wasn't a stranger and they were aware of the bed wetting situation in advance. I'm really leaning to maybe Misty is innocent and was fast asleep, because of the phone being turned off and the long hours she had kept without sleep.

Thanks for your posts, good questions, and I'm just trying to figure out plausible theories.

I agree especially if it occurred during the middle of the night, more likely not than so that she would have just pulled it off and let it drop where it may near her. But, she was getting older and understood it would need laundering, so she is capable and have the mental ability to understand taking it to the laundry. Especially depending on how she was handled concerning the bed wetting from the caretakers in her life.

If they were placing blame, guilt and severe punishment, let me say any punishment, then children do try to hide these accidents especially as they age. I pride myself in being an excellent potty trainer, doing my oldest daughter in 2 weeks, our 2 nd daughter in one week and our youngest son in one day. Potty training a child is one of my specialties, and it begins before you actually start trying by involving them mentally before you place the expectations upon them.

But I do believe if she was pee pee wet, a perp would have pulled that wet shirt off of her, especially if it wasn't a stranger and they were aware of the bed wetting situation in advance. I'm really leaning to maybe Misty is innocent and was fast asleep, because of the phone being turned off and the long hours she had kept without sleep.

Thanks for your posts, good questions, and I'm just trying to figure out plausible theories.

Good point about the possibility of punishment.

I would like to know whether they found panties or pyjama bottoms that were wet or smelly. If she was wearing anything besides the shirt and peed herself, she could hardly have wet only the top and not the bottom half of her attire, and she wouldn't have left the wet panties on if she removed the shirt.

I just find it difficult to believe that an abductor would risk staying inside for a moment longer than he/she has to. I'd just grab some clothes and hightail it out of there to change somewhere far enough that it doesn't matter if she makes noises. Except maybe if the perp had drugged Jr. and Misty or silenced Haleigh somehow.

Good point about the possibility of punishment.

I would like to know whether they found panties or pyjama bottoms that were wet or smelly. If she was wearing anything besides the shirt and peed herself, she could hardly have wet only the top and not the bottom half of her attire, and she wouldn't have left the wet panties on if she removed the shirt.
I just find it difficult to believe that an abductor would risk staying inside for a moment longer than he/she has to. I'd just grab some clothes and hightail it out of there to change somewhere far enough that it doesn't matter if she makes noises. Except maybe if the perp had drugged Jr. and Misty or silenced Haleigh somehow.

BBM:)

ITA! I also would like to know where HC was ACTUALLY sleeping that night. (i know what MC has claimed to LE, RC, and the media, but the story has changed too many times, i don't believe MC at all, not one word coming out of her mouth) Wouldn't the bed have wet spots in it too? If HC was all wrapped up in a blanket, then the blanket would have been wet and not the bed, so much. Maybe this is the reason that MC had to change the story, was b/c if HC was in the bed with her and JR then MC would have to change the sheets on the "big bed" which she would have had to move JR to change the sheets on the bed.

Has it been absolutely proven that the mattresses found inside the home were really the original mattresses and none were removed.
That back door propped open signifies something large being carried out not a small 5 year old.

Surely, LE would have searched all their homes wouldn't they? Where did they hide her for 5 months until they moved? I'd be more inclined to say that Joe who headed back to TN or someone else that doesn't live there might have taken her somewhere to be hidden until the move
I am sure it was, along with every other neighbor in that small community. The Jessica Lunsford (SP) case was a lesson learned I hope!
I also suspect a few if not many have been under survaliance at any one point or ongoing these 7 months. We do not KNOW everything to make a definitive opinion yet, but, I would bet LE is closing in on there POI list. The searches that have been planned to begin in a few weeks are going to be interesting and just maybe that announcement to the perp has forced the perp to make a mistake and an arrest can be made.

Has it been absolutely proven that the mattresses found inside the home were really the original mattresses and none were removed.
That back door propped open signifies something large being carried out not a small 5 year old.

Good point. Never thought of that.

I don't think that people who have got a shortage of blankets have got spare mattresses so they'd need to get new ones from somewhere. It's not that straightforward to go shopping for replacement mattresses in the middle of the night so a relative might have helped them out. Or was that why Jr. slept in the same bed with Misty? Because one of the kids' mattresses was missing? Was there one in his room?

I don't think that people who have got a shortage of blankets have got spare mattresses so they'd need to get new ones from somewhere. It's not that straightforward to go shopping for replacement mattresses in the middle of the night so a relative might have helped them out. Or was that why Jr. slept in the same bed with Misty? Because one of the kids' mattresses was missing? Was there one in his room?

An incredibly interesting thought, folks.

I was wondering about the physical evidence found outside the mobile home that cotridicts Misty's story. I am leaning torwards evidence that suggests that Haleigh left the home with a female. Any thought anyone?

I was wondering about the physical evidence found outside the mobile home that cotridicts Misty's story. I am leaning torwards evidence that suggests that Haleigh left the home with a female. Any thought anyone?

What are the statistics about female abductors? The impression I've got from the news is that female abductors who target strangers are few and far between, so it would likely be someone she knew. Or is it just that the females don't get caught because everyone believes this?

Mind you, I'm not sure how that would contradict Misty's story? Did she ever claim that she knew Haleigh left the home with a man? She blamed bro and cuz but she also mentioned Crystal's family and there are potential female suspects.

ETA. Of course, there are some female abductors who don't work alone. Strange as it is, sometimes these people find pals who share their "hobby".

What are the statistics about female abductors? The impression I've got from the news is that female abductors who target strangers are few and far between, so it would likely be someone she knew. Or is it just that the females don't get caught because everyone believes this?

Mind you, I'm not sure how that would contradict Misty's story? Did she ever claim that she knew Haleigh left the home with a man? She blamed bro and cuz but she also mentioned Crystal's family and there are potential female suspects.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...act=usMapSearch&missState=FL&searchLang=en_US I looked at each and everyone of these posters and the statistics speak loud and clear to me. Take a look. I would like to suggest that the fact that Jr. was left behind is interesting and informative IMO. Why would you need to brick a door? To get in and out repeatedly or just once?

I was also wondering about the chance that JS and CS had a hand in it? My reasoning is they where quiet involved in the search for little HaLeigh and find it odd that this grandfather decides to also pack it up and get the heck out of his neck of the woods? They decided to move because?
ETA Funny LE seems to come to you these days, LOL, no matter where you move off to.

I was also wondering about the chance that JS and CS had a hand in it? My reasoning is they where quiet involved in the search for little HaLeigh and find it odd that this grandfather decides to also pack it up and get the heck out of his neck of the woods? They decided to move because?
ETA Funny LE seems to come you these days, LOL, no matter where you move off to.

Yes, they were the first we heard of wanting to move--to Kentucky I believe. CS was born in Laurel County KY. And if memory serves me correctly CS was VERY close to the kids. Haleigh was like a second child--she is a little older than Elijah--her son. She is also the one who was questioning the playground injuries to HC's face--she is a nurse also--and for some reason I have it in my head that she was out of town when all this happened, but I could be wrong.

Texasmommy: ETA Funny LE seems to come you these days, LOL, no matter where you move off to.

That's why I don't think moving is too significant, unless someone fails to leave a forwarding address and hightails it to somewhere they don't extradite. If you're a serious suspect they'll come and get you from the next state.

I just read for the first time that Ron claims he drove Haleigh home from the bus stop on his lap.
Its possible that Ron broke hard,and haleigh suffered abdominal trauma that went un-noticed at the time, or didnt seem too serious. She could have had an internal bleed that didn't kill her until hours later when RC was at work.

Pancreas Injury

Pancreatic injury is notoriously difficult to diagnose. Most cases are discovered only at surgical exploration. The injury should be suspected after a localized blow to the mid-abdomen, such as motorcycle handlebars or steering wheel. Pancreas injury has a high mortality. Duodenal or biliary duct injury are often present as well.
Clinical Findings: Suspect the injury with any localized blow to the abdomen. The patient often experiences vague upper and mid-abdominal pain that radiates into the back. Hours after the injury, generalized peritoneal irritation may reveal the presence of traumatic pancreatitis.

Treatment: Management may be surgical or conservative, depending on the degree of injury, and on the presence of associated injuries. Surgical consultation is mandatory.

Isolated blunt injury of the duodenum is both less common and more difficult to diagnose than penetrating injuries and it may also occur with pancreatic injury.[4] Despite progression of the imaging techniques, the diagnosis still remains critical and may be delayed in particular, when there is perforation of the retroperitoneal part of the duodenum.[5]

It usually occurs from crushing of the duodenum between the spine and steering wheel, handlebar, or some other force applied to the anterior aspect of the abdomen.[6]

In the vast majority of retroperitoneal perforations, there is at first only mild upper abdominal tenderness with a progressive rise in temperature, tachycardia and occasional vomitting. After several hours, the duodenal contents extravasate into the peritoneal cavity, with the development of peritonitis. Initial clinical changes in isolated duodenal injury may be extremely subtle before the severe, life-threatening, peritonitis develops.[4]Early diagnosis of duodenal rupture is essential, the delay of which is associated with increased morbidity and mortality. The diagnosis of this injury remains problematic, because the signs and the symptoms of retroperitoneal viscus are notoriously subtle.

http://www.ijccm.org/article.asp?is...ume=10;issue=1;spage=44;epage=46;aulast=Celik

Just another of the many possibilities in this case.

absolutely thought provoking and intriguing, making good sense. Mark Hacking was caught that was murdering his wife Lori Hacking, remember, we showcased that horrible crime? He took the mattress out of the apartment immediately and rushed in to a furniture sweaty and suspiciously and that was one big piece of evidence for LE found the bloody soiled mattress in a dumpster near their apartments.

Surely, I'm thinking the crime scene forensic team as protocol checks the home to see if it's a possible crime scene and they way they do that is test for biological forensics that shouldn't be there, and large amounts of these fluids causing one to know too much loss like blood would result in death. So I'm thinking hahahahahaha surely they pulled the covers off to check the mattress and with the ultra light, wouldn't they? Please tell me yes.

But, if they didn't, and Ron didn't notice it wasn't his same ole regular mattress, then we have a problem. But what if someone like a family member gave Ron that mattress to begin with, and it being one they possibly had at their own home meaning they could have had more than one of the same type of mattress which would be replaced if it had forensics of Haleigh's indicating death occurred on the bed in the home. A little stretch, but not as long as Pocino's nose hahahaha :blowkiss:

Add to that Beyond Belief's suggestion that the door was propped open not to carry Haleigh out, but to carry out the mattress which would require propping. ALso fits in with Rons claims the bed was never slept in. Plus something that has always bug me in the back of my mind is this: Misty gone 3 days, comes back admittedly they stay up talking through the night, then in a major rush to get Haleigh to school, then coming back talking and probably relations, then naps again according to Misty's statements, then Ron goes to work, Misty is keeping the kids.

Obviously still exhausted from the weekend bender, my point: for the bed to even be made that particular day has always been in my mind as a possible flag and I surmised she must be a concientious housekeeper and wanting to impress Ron. But when I have had busy crazy days, due to other circumstances not bending, my bed wouldn't get made, and I am a organized clean freak.

Yes, they were the first we heard of wanting to move--to Kentucky I believe. CS was born in Laurel County KY. And if memory serves me correctly CS was VERY close to the kids. Haleigh was like a second child--she is a little older than Elijah--her son. She is also the one who was questioning the playground injuries to HC's face--she is a nurse also--and for some reason I have it in my head that she was out of town when all this happened, but I could be wrong.

Ys, I believe she was a LPN. Did they in fact move? Or was it just talked about?

Butwhatif, thats a provoking thought, but to me, that would be just that , an accident, not something to particularly hide. Why all the mystery if that was the answer? My thoughts only.

Kool Look, according to TN, the house was usually messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8