Theory Thread - What happened at Pistorius' house on the night of Feb. 13, 2013?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether OP is found guilty or acquitted of murder, he’s still a killer.

I wonder if any of OP’s family (and remaining friends) are afraid of him now - or at least wary?

Such an act has got to change people’s perception of you.

They’ve ALL heard the same evidence we have.

Surely at least one or two are not buying his 24K bullsh#t?

I know I keep saying this, but I still haven't heard it addressed by any of the media lawyers.

Suppose Masipa finds him guilty on any or all of the three minor charges, and gives him a jail term. He has clearly lied about two of them, so why not? It seems to me that in other cases quoted, where there have been multiple charges, all those charges have been the subject of appeal. I cannot see how he can realistically appeal against two of those charges. The ammunition seems an open-and-shut case, and Roux has admitted liability on his behalf for the restaurant incident.

So even if there are reasons why he might be allowed bail pending the murder charge, why shouldn't he go to jail immediately on the other charges? (should that be the sentence) Masipa could avoid the whole bail issue by jailing him for another charge.

LOL - I don't think anyone wants to stand up and be counted.....

I've wangled Thursday morning off, so I'll get to see the first few hours of the verdict.

Looking really forward to seeing this.

It occurred to me that no matter who was behind that door, Oscar would have been faced with an injured or murdered human being.

Why wouldn't he call Security for help immediately, even if he thought there was an intruder in that toilet room. If his version were true, he still HAD to know there was an injured or dead person behind that door after he fired the shots.

He says it wasn't until THEN that all of a sudden "it dawns on him" that he hasn't heard any response from Reeva, but he says he still spends valuable time scruffling around in the bedroom looking behind curtains, etc., for her, while a dead or injured person bleeds in his toilet. Really, Oscar? She maybe was hiding behind the curtains???

His whole story is a such a huge, stinkin' crock. :pinocchio:

I don't think OP knows how to tell the truth. If he had admitted what had happened, ie shot RS after a blazing row, and been repentant, he may have got CH but he can't be seen to do anything wrong and makes a total ar*se of himself with all his lies.

This might be interesting to some. It is what IMO he suffers from.

http://www.compulsivelyingdisorder.com/what-is-compulsive-lying-disorder/

I saw it too, but ages ago, maybe just after Reeva was murdered, I'm sure we're not BOTH delusional.

I think there's going to be a whole heap of stuff that comes out after he's convicted. It's already trickling out now.

BIB, Like what?

There are several books in the works. Just the blurb for this one is fairly revealing (I think we can guess who the 'author' is):

Melinda Ferguson | An Accident Waiting to Happen | Jacana 9781920601324 | tpb | R195

Oscar: An Accident Waiting to Happen is the all-exclusive inside story of a teenage daughter’s romance turned into every mother’s nightmare. In September 2011, 24-year-old Oscar Pistorius was introduced to the *advertiser censored** family. The next 2.5 years would become a series of roller-coaster rides of emotional highs as young love blossomed, contrasted with dangerous lows, as Pistorius’s international celebrity, emotional fragility, broken promises and acts of recklessness consumed the family.

The London Olympic Games in 2012 was the lowest point. While the world watched Pistorius making history as the first disabled athlete to compete against the likes of Usain Bolt, behind the scenes the weeping Paralympian was on the phone to the *advertiser censored** family 24/7. Promises by Pistorius to get psychological help never materialised.

After one too many signs that his dangerous behaviour was endangering her daughter’s life, by late October 2012, mother *advertiser censored** laid down the law, telling Pistorius to stay away from her family forever. In her last conversation she warned: “Oscar, you have got to step out of your life… Something is going to go wrong. And it’s going to happen soon… Your life is like this terrible accident waiting to happen.” Just over three months later Pistorius would shoot his new girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp four times with his 9mm Parabellum pistol.

Brilliantly researched with never before published behind-the scenes detail, set against the killing that shocked the world, if you only read one book this year, read this one. *HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL Due to the sub judice nature of material relating to the Pistorius trial, certain names have been omitted.

Link to source (2nd book on page): http://www.booksetc.co.za/?page_id=2195

BBM - Yes, I am. As of yesterday I've started feeling butterflies in my stomach.

I was googling something just before coming onbrd here and ran across a brand new article dated Sept. 3rd. !?!?retrial!?!?

ETA: http://m.theepochtimes.com/n3/93288...ould-avoid-prison-in-reeva-sttenkamp-killing/

Oscar Pistorius Trial Verdict: Even if Convicted, Pistorius Might Avoid Prison in Reeva Steenkamp Killing <snipped>

It turns out, even if Pistorius is found guilty of a lesser murder charge than premeditated murder–which would land him at least 25 years in prison–then he could avoid jail altogether.
Stephen Tuson, criminal law adjunct professor at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, added to Macleans that Pistorius’ defense team laid the groundwork for an appeal, and also a mistrial.

Lawyer Barry Roux could appeal the verdict on the facts of the case, such as arguing witness evidence was accepted when it should not have been. He could also argue that the live broadcast of the trial constitutes a reviewable irregularity that denied Pistorius a fair trial, Tuson told the media outlet.

Roux hinted at that tactic earlier in the trial.

“We were unable to call a number of witnesses because they refused, and didn’t want their voices heard all over the world,” he said.

But Johannesburg-based lawyer Ulrich Roux said that witnesses actually enjoyed more protection becuase of the live broadcast of the trial. “We do a lot of high-profile cases that get reported on in newspapers. That’s exactly the same as it being broadcast on live television,” he said.

Among the other angles Roux could go for is saying that the live broadcast of the trial caused some of the witnesses to change their stories after watching the trial on television.

“I’m not saying anyone did this, but witnesses could tailor their evidence,” Tuson said, “and if that’s the finding of the court—that Pistorius did not get a fair trial—then it would just start again.”
<snipped>

Bumping...
I hope this link works for everybody (it does for me). In case it doesn't, I've quoted the parts that might be new to you. Fox

Among the other angles Roux could go for is saying that the live broadcast of the trial caused some of the witnesses to change their stories after watching the trial on television.

&#8220;I&#8217;m not saying anyone did this, but witnesses could tailor their evidence,&#8221; Tuson said, &#8220;and if that&#8217;s the finding of the court&#8212;that Pistorius did not get a fair trial&#8212;then it would just start again.&#8221;

Well, let's see .... whose witnesses would have had the greater opportunity to "change their stories after watching the trial on television"? The prosecution witnesses, who testified first, or .......... Hmmmmmm.

Well, let's see .... whose witnesses would have had the greater opportunity to "change their stories after watching the trial on television"? The prosecution witnesses, who testified first, or .......... Hmmmmmm.

LOL... good one Cher !! :)

ETA: Until you pointed the above out, the thing that tickled me the most was where article said Roux might accuse witnesses of tailoring their evidence. Oh my... if I was him I don't think I would touch that one with a ten ft. pole !! lol

Thank you for that awesome post. I don't understand why some want to propagate the falsehood that convicted murderers in South Africa can easily get and usually get released on bail pending the verdict of whatever appeals that they may file. Its just weird, shaking my head. Also, because it will be the next "but" that someone will raise, wealth and race are not factors; recently two wealthy convicted murders were denied bail pending appeal, one is a famous (black) singer and the other is a respected (white) doctor.

Your post shows the "drive by" mentality associated with the discussion of this issue as well as many other issues here, by some, IMO. Granted Dadic stated what the "next steps" are for OP after he is convicted, but Dadic did not discuss the likelihood of OP prevailing on either an Appeal or a request to remain free pending the results of any appeal(s). Most here understand, from doing research, that OP is highly unlikely to be granted bail pending his appeal(s) unless his attorneys discover some gross defect in the prosecution's case that they were unaware of prior to OPs upcoming convictions. Is that fine and dandy too?

Hi Viper !&#8230; long time no read&#8230; glad to see you're back as I enjoy your posts and POVs.

I gather your view is the following :

1- Verdict : Guilty

2- Sentence : Prison

3- Request for leave to appeal : Denied

4- Request for bail pending appeal : Denied

5- Higher Court petition for leave and bail : Unsuccessful

6- Appeal : Unsuccessful

&#8230; IF it should unfold differently, how will you reconcile the fact that your beliefs on these matters did not conform to reality ?

If OP is found guilty, might the judge consider putting him under house arrest... providing him with some ankle bling... while awaiting appeal?

If OP is found guilty, might the judge consider putting him under house arrest... providing him with some ankle bling... while awaiting appeal?

Again that's reckoning without the other charges. As I said earlier -

Judge Masipa could avoid the whole question of bail by jailing him for the firearms offences.

Again that's reckoning without the other charges. As I said earlier -

Judge Masipa could avoid the whole question of bail by jailing him for the firearms offences.

Ohhh... I hadn't realized he couldn't appeal the gun verdicts. Is that what you're saying?

I think it was the Daily Star (the worst tabloid on the paper stall). See link. Only one photo though and I think that was taken in 2010 on a photoshoot with a magazine.

There is a possibility that if it did happen, whoever arrived first (eg Frank) could have tidied up the trophies/cans and spoken to a reporter at a later stage, but I really don't think this story is true. There is no way Nel would have left that out because it goes to an argument and would have proved the State's case. I know you are not saying this but I wanted to answer in one post.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...rius-trophies-were-strewn-all-over-death-flat

"We don’t know why the trophies were all over the floor. Police source."

This is not the photo that I was talking about. The photo I saw had a pic of all the trophies strewn about the floor. I am pretty sure it was the Daily Mail.

Hi Viper !… long time no read… glad to see you're back as I enjoy your posts and POVs.

I gather your view is the following :

1- Verdict : Guilty

2- Sentence : Prison

3- Request for leave to appeal : Denied

4- Request for bail pending appeal : Denied

5- Higher Court petition for leave and bail : Unsuccessful

6- Appeal : Unsuccessful

… IF it should unfold differently, how will you reconcile the fact that your beliefs on these matters did not conform to reality ?

Putting your head above the parapet again. You are a glutton for punishment. :happydance:

Ohhh... I hadn't realized he couldn't appeal the gun verdicts. Is that what you're saying?

Well, Roux has all but pleaded guilty on his behalf on the restaurant charge, and the ammunition one seems cut and dried. I can't see anything but a guilty verdict coming on those, and Pistorius has clearly lied on oath. Difficult to see what possible grounds there could be for appeal.

Thank you for that awesome post. I don't understand why some want to propagate the falsehood that convicted murderers in South Africa can easily get and usually get released on bail pending the verdict of whatever appeals that they may file. Its just weird, shaking my head. Also, because it will be the next "but" that someone will raise, wealth and race are not factors; recently two wealthy convicted murders were denied bail pending appeal, one is a famous (black) singer and the other is a respected (white) doctor.

The subject of bail has received a lot of attention. I certainly haven't said that but have quoted from the SA law that it's possible to get it. I have only read of one case where a convicted person got it and searched high and low without success to find it again, and then one other poster found a couple more.

Yes, house arrest - a cage in Uncle Arnold&#8217;s basement. LOL

No, Fox, the ankle bling wouldn&#8217;t work - OP would just remove the ankle! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrCharmichael