Tipster saw TH truck 6/4 AM near SI

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm finding it very difficult to believe this story because it was a month later.But I guess you never know.Anything is possible.

It took me a month to go to the police with my info (years ago). I didn't watch tv much and didn't really know about the missing girl. It was my boyfriend who took me in to LE and they started throwing books at me with pictures and it happened to be on the day they had found her body. So a month to come forward really doesn't mean that much...

You know, while I'm so happy that it's possible that *the* tip has come about that could break the case, I'm so sad that it's looking more and more like he isn't alive as we pore over maps and photos of these wooded areas and lakes and remote winding roads; places that a body would be dumped...not where a live little boy would be hidden. I really, truly, honestly felt that there was a strong possiblity that he was still with us. That feeling is rapidly fading :cry: I know that we can't give up hope yet, but I also have a strong feeling that this tip is the real deal, and if that's the case, it paints a very grim picture.

Prayers for Kyron.

I feel the same way...This morning when I first heard this tip...I was thinking of a hand off.. to a family member or very close friend... That in her mind, she was protecting him from a SO..( which I will not elaborate on, but avid sluethers probably know what I'm talking about.. ) and if this tip does not pan out... I will probably go back to that theory, which would explain why Kyrons parents are so hopeful he is alive... and so do I.... :innocent: but this tip really has me wondering.. and sleuthing.....alot...

I think they'd want to verify the truthfulness of the tip before jumping to searching the lake. I'd hate for LE to waste time searching an area because of a false tip when they could be spending their time investigating something else.
WHY would a citizen, who contacted the police with a tip about Kyron, be lying? Investigating something else? I'm completely dumbfounded! They've had thousands of tips and they are required to follow up on them. If money WERE a first concern, a priority, then would giving tipsters lie detector tests first be prudent?

I'm blown away by the idea that this very relevant tip should be dismissed as a possible lie.

MY OPINION

I remember someone posted the weather for that date and it was supposed to be really raining hard. I hope this guy is not confusing the dates he saw this truck.

I remember someone posted the weather for that date and it was supposed to be really raining hard. I hope this guy is not confusing the dates he saw this truck.

It seems like forever ago =( but I don't recall it raining hard that day..

*link to weather station data 6/4/2010 that would be in area tipster thought he saw TH
scroll down for rainfall graph
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KORPORTL127&month=6&day=4&year=2010

and on the OTHER side of the hill, (see link below) no rainfall was recorded..=)
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KORHILLS35&month=6&day=4&year=2010

Here you go, info off of KOIN's website about the witness to the truck. The response to LE is kind of stupid sounding at the end. Just because no one has called him back doesn't mean it wasn't followed up on? Now why wouldn't someone in LE call a tipster back to let them know they received the tip. That seems non productive.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...ring-police-sting/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Also Sunday, a man who asked not to be shown on camera, expressed his frustration about the Kyron Horman tipline.

“Chas” said he has called the tip line twice, but hadn’t heard back. He was concerned other people’s tips, like his, were not checked on.

Chas said he saw Terri Horman the day Kyron mysteriously vanished.

“I was on my way to work, driving down Highway 30,” said “Chas.”

It was Friday, June 4th, sometime between 9:15 and 9:45 in the morning. “Chas” was heading south on Highway 30, on his way to work when a white truck pulled out onto the road.

They NEED to search the Lake!...

Soldiermedic, Yes, they do need to search the Lake, especially behind the 2 houses.
I read there are trout in the lake, this tells me the water is fairly cold.

Does anyone know if the 2 houses for sale had a well on the property?

You're right.

ETA: I meant to say you're right about the thread and that people said it was raining that day.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107596"]Weather on June 4th - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just wondering why he took so long to report this. I would question his memory so many days after the sighting. I guess she would be pretty recognizable but why the delay?

I just started reading this thread,so guess it's been addressed a number of times.Last night watching the news on another case,there's been over 2000 tips and LE has to check into every one.Some were contacting FBI,some LE,this is why it's so hard when people give tips on whatever they read online,unless it's telling LE pertinent info.It takes away from eye witnesses and people in the area's tips.This man or woman is local,so instead of calling,I hope he or she would just go into LE and talk to them face to face.Actually he or she should have done that as soon as they knew she was being looked at.

LE is not going to return calls if they are getting thousands of tips, as they stated weeks ago. For one thing, what could they tell the person? They are not going to say "we followed up and guess what, we found lots of evidence" and they are not going to say, "thanks your tip was useless." Other than a recorded message, what is there that they could say? "Thanks, we got your tip. We will investigate it." I guess they could so that, but even that times more time and money.
They said they would look into all tips and we have to take their word for it, unless they are proven to be lying.
And tipsters DO lie and make things up and embellish facts, etc....not saying that this man is doing anything of the sort, but LE has to weed things out. And this is not the sort of tip they would have dismissed.

Oh, I just wish that LE would confirm ONE place that they are positive she was at between 8:45 and 1:30...(hint hint LE) or leak it someway...I know....wishful thinking.. :p

Hi WhysDuck, In your video it takes place in Lake Oswego. I checked the distance from L.O. to Warren, Or, the closest city to Logie Trail Rd and Hwy 30 and it is 29 miles driving.

That is quite a distance to assume the weather will be the same in both places, Oregon as it is being the land of the Ducks. lololol

I remembered it was sprinkling at my house and I am quite close to Hwy 26 if you shoot straight north thru the trees.

Originally Posted by nurseratchett on another thread, sugessted I start a new thread:

Just saw on KOIN news that a tipster by the name of "Chas" saying he saw truck with TH coming from an area he described as somewhere north of Logie Trail Rd. off Hwy 30 on 6/4/10.....

He said about 9:45 AM, he thought it was his friends truck, then as he pulled up he saw a red haired woman he is now certain was TH. He has called the tip in twice he says, starting about 10 days ago, but has not been contacted by police yet.
No link yet on KOIN. It was on their 11 broadcast, lead story IIRC.

ADDED: the road he mentions can be seen here:
A-, link to school is ~ 6 miles

I'm bumping an edit to the original post. The article states that the man Chas saw the truck coming out of a street in an area north of Logie Trail Road. Not out of Logie Trail Road......

*respectfully snipped*
Anything is possible but I have a feeling TH acted alone and I'm praying this tip is real. It made sense to me when I read it this am. She left the school, went straight to the island, straight to a predetermined dump site then got back to the real world, shopping w/ her daughter. Especially if she was coming off one of those side streets. Especially after seeing that car tour video. I never imagined the inclines there or the forest coverage. Not sure if she would put him in the water or just down a huge hill w/ lots of tree coverage.

Hi, are you talking about the Cornelius Pass car tour video? I remember seeing it when this case first broke and haven't been able to find it since. If anyone happens to have a link to the Cornelius Pass car tour, the one with the music playing... I would very much appreciate the link again. I liked that video. Thanks a bunch! :)

btw, I agree with you, from the start I believed she acted alone and drove to the predetermined dump site in record time. I believe everything was well planned in advance. Imo. She knows the area very well.

Hi WhysDuck, In your video it takes place in Lake Oswego. I checked the distance from L.O. to Warren, Or, the closest city to Logie Trail Rd and Hwy 30 and it is 29 miles driving.

That is quite a distance to assume the weather will be the same in both places, Oregon as it is being the land of the Ducks. lololol

I remembered it was sprinkling at my house and I am quite close to Hwy 26 if you shoot straight north thru the trees.

It wasn't my video. I'm not a local, so I know nothing about distances and weather. I was mostly just trying to point out to folks that there was a thread for that. I was nursing at the time, so I was typing with one hand, thus I had to be succinct. :)

ETA: If people think that thread is erroneous, they should update that thread with their data/links and opinion, so it doesn't go unchallenged/uncorrected.

*respectfully snipped*

Hi, are you talking about the Cornelius Pass car tour video? I remember seeing it when this case first broke and haven't been able to find it since. If anyone happens to have a link to the Cornelius Pass car tour, the one with the music playing... I would very much appreciate the link again. I liked that video. Thanks a bunch! :)

btw, I agree with you, from the start I believed she acted alone and drove to the predetermined dump site in record time. I believe everything was well planned in advance. Imo. She knows the area very well.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJIXRCJNzxQ[/ame]

It wasn't my video. I'm not a local, so I know nothing about distances and weather. I was mostly just trying to point out to folks that there was a thread for that. I was nursing at the time, so I was typing with one hand, thus I had to be succinct. :)

ETA: If people think that thread is erroneous, they should update that thread with their data/links and opinion, so it doesn't go unchallenged/uncorrected.

It's nothing you did wrong at all, but the rain here is so changeble from micro area to micro area and just wanted to point that out. You are always greatly appreciated for pulling up things to augment our Sleuthing. ;}

Originally Posted by nurseratchett on another thread, sugessted I start a new thread:

Just saw on KOIN news that a tipster by the name of "Chas" saying he saw truck with TH coming from an area he described as somewhere north of Logie Trail Rd. off Hwy 30 on 6/4/10.....

He said about 9:45 AM, he thought it was his friends truck, then as he pulled up he saw a red haired woman he is now certain was TH. He has called the tip in twice he says, starting about 10 days ago, but has not been contacted by police yet.
No link yet on KOIN. It was on their 11 broadcast, lead story IIRC.

ADDED: the road he mentions can be seen here:
A-, link to school is ~ 6 miles

I'm bumping an edit to the original post. The article states that the man Chas saw the truck coming out of a street in an area north of Logie Trail Road. Not out of Logie Trail Road......

Thank You- I was only half listening and knew I didn't get all the details clear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back