AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was she actually there that day becomes more of a question one week later, doesn't it?
Could a family mislead multiple local LE and FBI that long when they are likely being interviewed individually and together several times?
Mom told the story first, to Dad, he told 911, then they told LE. Could the family sustain a single story?
Accidents can happen, but who benefits by covering up an accident?
What if someone stops by who shouldn't be there - would someone tell?
What are the odds that DNA samples have been taken from each family member?
If anyone is misleading LE, I have confidence LE will figure it out. LE has "seen it all" and has the experience to verify what the family stated happened. I believe LE when they say the priority right now is finding Summer...and everything remains on the table.

The truth will come out, imo. Patience.

jmo

I’d like to know more about Summer’s personality. Parents like to think their child would never disobey them (ie, leave the yard), but at 5 it could be extremely tempting to take a few steps out of bounds and end up lost. My guess is Summer’s brothers would have a better idea of how likely she was to bend the rules. Siblings playing outside, one dares another to break a rule, so on and so forth, the other children will know if she was likely to follow. The impression I have of her is that of a lively, energetic little girl who might see a pretty flower or follow a butterfly or a kitten without considering the dangers. Imo.

So this may have been mentioned when the photos of the back of the home came out but I was just looking at them again and something struck me. Off to the right of the door is an opening to what presumably goes under the structure on the right of the photo. I wouldn't think that area has access to the house. More of a crawl space.

It's obvious to me by the pathways worn in the dirt that the area underneath was utilized by people (storage? kids playing? who knows?) but if we're considering abduction it's VERY possible someone could have hid in there for who knows how long.

Does someone live in the camper to the right of the house? I thought Grandma had a newer mobile home?

she could very well be lost but if she is and she hasn't gone towards the recovery team then there is a possibility she fell and could have sustained a head injury. I really thought that one night they searched that field that they were going to find her
That's been my fear the entire time. Lucas Vance, a grown man, disappeared in terrain much like this in Unicoi County, Tennessee, not very far from Hawkins. A searcher hired by the family eventually found him and they noted they had searched on both sides of him. I don't know that he had a head injury, I don't know what the ruling was on his death as I don't think that was covered on his threads here.

As we know, TBI has a twitter account. The FBI spoke to this Friday. Early on I saw that people were posting screenshots and other garbage. They have been asked to cease and desist.

Weather, terrain giving rescue squad problems in search for Summer Wells

[...]

The Church Hill rescue squad says the mountainous terrain and the overnight rain that moved in Monday night has been a hinderance in the search.

However, Tim Coup from the Church Hill Rescue Squad says his team is still searching with an aggressive approach.

"Search efforts will continue on a more specialized team basis," says Coup. "Just because we may not be seen as such a large present in the area, rest assured that we have not quit and won’t quit until we find Summer Wells."

[...]

I haven’t posted much (and in a long time), but have been following this. I’ve read through every post. I’m on the edge of my seat here…this is terrible.

I struggle to decide what is the most likely explanation for her disappearance, but the whole thing is unlikely. The most common explanation is that family is involved, but I just can’t see that for some reason. Stranger abduction while unlikely seems even MORE unlikely given that they appear to live in BFE, surrounded by woods, with the house a ways off of the road, ect. A person lying in wait seems like the most out there theory, to me personally.

My personal feeling is that she did something thus far out of character for some reason; that she went into those woods and got turned around. The father has said that he doesn’t think that she would do that, but something unlikely has happened for the situation to be what it is today.

Some thoughts that I have, based on some experience (which is searching for and tracking lost dogs) about how easy it is to get into trouble in the woods. The fact that Summer’s area includes difficult terrain adds to this significantly:

First, I’m sure that most of you realize most if not all of this stuff - You take too many steps off of the path or route that you know, and things become unfamiliar. You take some more steps trying to get back to where you were, and oops, you’re worse off and further away. It devolves from then on. While she likely knows a lot of the area around her house, the area looks thick with brush and plant life and could easily confuse someone while limiting their view that would help them reorient themselves to where they are. I’m kind of stating the obvious there - I’m sure you all know what I mean.

Another thing to add especially with terrain is that it’s easy to get somewhere and then realize that you can’t get back the way you came. It can be easier to go down than to come back “up.” That leads to moving in a different direction to find a way back up or around that difficult hill, ect., moving farther away and then to the process of getting lost. I once got lost in an area that I had pretty much figured out, and it wasn’t even quite BFE, because I went too far. Then I saw a way back but it was winter and cold so I tried to take a shortcut. That shortcut led to a hill that I couldn’t climb and it just devolved from there. I was a 20-something and not a child, so all the much easier for something like this to happen to her.

Given the terrain and overgrowth of plant life I feel that while the sheer area they’ve covered is an amazing achievement and a testament to their valiant efforts, it isn’t at all unlikely that someone has walked within feet of her without seeing her. In the earlier days of the search coming close to her would likely have led to her being found because she was more likely to have been able to cry out to searchers, but sadly the odds of her being alive, or at least conscious, seems low. In those early days I think that she probably moved too far out of the then current search area to be found or heard, and well sadly I feel that the chances of finding her that way has passed. It’s hard to type.. Like you all I’m hoping for a miracle.

Sorry for the overly long post. I’ve been following and I guess all of my thoughts added up over time to a long winded post.

I haven’t posted much (and in a long time), but have been following this. I’ve read through every post. I’m on the edge of my seat here…this is terrible.

I struggle to decide what is the most likely explanation for her disappearance, but the whole thing is unlikely. The most common explanation is that family is involved, but I just can’t see that for some reason. Stranger abduction while unlikely seems even MORE unlikely given that they appear to live in BFE, surrounded by woods, with the house a ways off of the road, ect. A person lying in wait seems like the most out there theory, to me personally.

My personal feeling is that she did something thus far out of character for some reason; that she went into those woods and got turned around. The father has said that he doesn’t think that she would do that, but something unlikely has happened for the situation to be what it is today.

Some thoughts that I have, based on some experience (which is searching for and tracking lost dogs) about how easy it is to get into trouble in the woods. The fact that Summer’s area includes difficult terrain adds to this significantly:

First, I’m sure that most of you realize most if not all of this stuff - You take too many steps off of the path or route that you know, and things become unfamiliar. You take some more steps trying to get back to where you were, and oops, you’re worse off and further away. It devolves from then on. While she likely knows a lot of the area around her house, the area looks thick with brush and plant life and could easily confuse someone while limiting their view that would help them reorient themselves to where they are. I’m kind of stating the obvious there - I’m sure you all know what I mean.

Another thing to add especially with terrain is that it’s easy to get somewhere and then realize that you can’t get back the way you came. It can be easier to go down than to come back “up.” That leads to moving in a different direction to find a way back up or around that difficult hill, ect., moving farther away and then to the process of getting lost. I once got lost in an area that I had pretty much figured out, and it wasn’t even quite BFE, because I went too far. Then I saw a way back but it was winter and cold so I tried to take a shortcut. That shortcut led to a hill that I couldn’t climb and it just devolved from there. I was a 20-something and not a child, so all the much easier for something like this to happen to her.

Given the terrain and overgrowth of plant life I feel that while the sheer area they’ve covered is an amazing achievement and a testament to their valiant efforts, it isn’t at all unlikely that someone has walked within feet of her without seeing her. In the earlier days of the search coming close to her would likely have led to her being found because she was more likely to have been able to cry out to searchers, but sadly the odds of her being alive, or at least conscious, seems low. In those early days I think that she probably moved too far out of the then current search area to be found or heard, and well sadly I feel that the chances of finding her that way has passed. It’s hard to type.. Like you all I’m hoping for a miracle.

Sorry for the overly long post. I’ve been following and I guess all of my thoughts added up over time to a long winded post.
What is BFE?

ETA: Oops, nevermind. I looked it up. Never heard that expression before.

I think I am leaning this way, too. I agree with you that I just don't think the *immediate* family is responsible. I too don't know exactly why I feel that so strongly, but I do.

I still think it's possible she was taken by someone she knew, someone on the peripheral of the family, a friend or more distant relative, something like that. But the longer time goes on, the more unlikely that seems as well, because some sort of evidence would've popped up to support that.

So in the absence of evidence, I think the most likely explanation is she wandered into those woods.

That's likely the first question LE would want to determine. Hard to imagine she wasn't. It's easy for one person to keep a secret. I can't imagine all six of them being able to maintain a straight story if she wasn't there to begin with. If not, we'll hear about it eventually I guess.

They could if they were scared and being watched. I'm not sure the story has been super "straight" either.

I agree this is likely what happened. Depending on where she is, the smell of decomp will probably lead to them finding her soon. My guess is she’s not far from the wood line.

I'd be curious to know the length of the phone call DW says he recieved from Summer's mother, Tuesday afternoon, before 911 was called.

I find this call to be very interesting also. I really cannot imagine how she thought he could help with the situation while at work or what explanation he could offer for the child being missing. Maybe she wanted him to come home and help look for Summer? If she was not concerned enough to call 911 before calling him, why not?

If anyone is misleading LE, I have confidence LE will figure it out. LE has "seen it all" and has the experience to verify what the family stated happened. I believe LE when they say the priority right now is finding Summer...and everything remains on the table.

The truth will come out, imo. Patience.

jmo
Always best to keep people cooperating. Once people lawyer up things get hard.

I find this call to be very interesting also. I really cannot imagine how she thought he could help with the situation while at work or what explanation he could offer for the child being missing. Maybe she wanted him to come home and help look for Summer? If she was not concerned enough to call 911 before calling him, why not?

I could 100% see myself absolutely panicking in this situation and calling my partner first. I'd not be in the right headspace to make logical decisions. I don't stay calm when I am panicking like some people do.

RSBM

So, what exactly are, the "circumstances leading to Summer's disappearance"?

1. Outside with mom & grandma.
2. Inside to play, in the basement where her toys are.
3. Basement door unlocked/open(?)

From all accounts, this is what the mother, told the father, and what he's relaying to the MSM and what they're both relaying to LE.

LE investigating are saying those very things are "very much under investigation" it somewhat reads to me that they (LE) don't exactly believe what they've been told. It's also possible I've misread and they mean something else.
I think the problem might lie in what LE has discovered or rather has NOT discovered on the neighboring trail & security cams. If all the vehicles in the relevant time period have been identified, then how could Summer have been abducted and removed from the area? I suppose she could have been taken for miles through the forest cover, then to a waiting car?

Has any consideration been given to the possibility she was given to someone and her disappearance was prearranged?

Last edited:
a firearm in the home in the country isn't much of a red flag to me. it seems a necessity
In this area someone without at least one gun is more unusual than someone with them. I hear at least one of my neighbors out target shooting almost every day. They have slacked off not that ammo is getting hard to find and expensive.

Thank you very much. This is what I believe also. I just didn't want to say parts of it. Last thurs when the temps had dropped, knowing that she was likely wet also, I had a dr apmt and this is what I discussed with him. He did not give me reasons for hope under the circumstances. (it only takes a couple of minutes to go over refills)
Personally I will cross those bridges when we come to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member