AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been puzzling over how the credible witness (driving his company vehicle, who is apparently known to local LE) who described the Toyota as being seen on either the 14th or the 15th of June (unknown driver, but who is a possible witness to what happened to Summer) is not a possible witness himself as to what happened to Summer?

I mean...did he pass the Toyota at some point and also see Summer at some point? If the driver of the work vehicle made note of the Toyota during that time frame and in that location, then clearly he was in that location during that time frame. Did he *just* see the vehicle? Or did he see more than the vehicle (such as a view of the driver, noted the location, the plate, the speed it was traveling if it was traveling and not stopped, other people, animals, road or farm or DOT equipment, etc?)

I think LE must have much more info regarding the Toyota than they have released, for reasons unknown to us.
Because I can't see as how you might have witnessed a singular, unfamiliar and distinctive vehicle on/around that road during that time period and not have more general info about what else was going on right there. It's not exactly a congested area. Or have I lost my mind?

Last edited:
From the parents’ interview:

On Saturday, June 26, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said they were seeking the driver of red or maroon Toyota Tacoma who could be a “potential witness” in the case of Summer’s disappearance. Bly told News Channel 11 that the vehicle is a mystery to her.

“It’s really strange that I’ve never seen this truck, and I’ve never heard of it until just recently,” Bly said. “But I wish they would come forward and explain themselves. If you’re not a suspect, at least come forward and say what you’ve seen.”
EXTENDED INTERVIEW: Parents of missing child Summer Wells recount events leading to disappearance, address rumors | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Red Toyota Truck sighting = Red herring. imo

Wondering what ya'll think about why Summer's case is not featured on the FBI's Missing/Kidnapped (Seeking Information) page, despite the TN-issued and standing Amber Alert.

Thoughts anyone?

Wondering what ya'll think about why Summer's case is not featured on the FBI's Missing/Kidnapped (Seeking Information) page, despite the TN-issued and standing Amber Alert.

Thoughts anyone?
I don't think the lack of a concise timeline, the doublespeak, plus all the family drama was particularly helpful. I think additional focus and support will be provided when there is additional, no baloney info from the key players.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I don't think the lack of a concise timeline, the doublespeak, plus all the family drama was particularly helpful. I think additional focus and support will be provided when there is additional, no baloney info from the key players.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I tend to agree. Poor Summer. Some of these kids just can't get a break. :(

I tend to agree. Poor Summer. Some of these kids just can't get a break. :(

Replying to my own post, because I realized I didn't clarify that I think this is a point of interest. After such an intense output from local and state resources, with no resolution or apparent movement...why would federal resources not then be utilized to the same extent that certain other missing/possibly kidnapped children' cases benefit from?

If it's because of all of the drama and social media business...I mean, what? The FBI doesn't look past that? That seems unlikely.
Fuzzy timelines in MP cases are common. Substance abuse issues surrounding MPs are common. Socio-economic barriers to effective communication in MP cases are common.
Other missing children, missing under very similar circumstances as Summer, have been placed on the FBI list.
Is it because Summer's case is being handled by the TBI? And if so, does that mean that LE likely believes Summer's case is entirely local (or local to TN at least) with no chance of crossing state or country lines? Might it have something to do with CPS and siblings?

Just trying to figure out why Summer's case is different.

Replying to my own post, because I realized I didn't clarify that I think this is a point of interest. After such an intense output from local and state resources, with no resolution or apparent movement...why would federal resources not then be utilized to the same extent that certain other missing/possibly kidnapped children' cases benefit from?

If it's because of all of the drama and social media business...I mean, what? The FBI doesn't look past that? That seems unlikely.
Fuzzy timelines in MP cases are common. Substance abuse issues surrounding MPs are common. Socio-economic barriers to effective communication in MP cases are common.
Other missing children, missing under very similar circumstances as Summer, have been placed on the FBI list.
Is it because Summer's case is being handled by the TBI? And if so, does that mean that LE likely believes Summer's case is entirely local (or local to TN at least) with no chance of crossing state or country lines? Might it have something to do with CPS and siblings?

Just trying to figure out why Summer's case is different.

As far as I can tell from the reporting, CARD responded. I'm not sure how quickly they were alerted, though.

I do not think the Hawkins Co. approached this case without any preconceived notions and I believe that it affected the initial investigation. As well as Hawkins Co.'s seriously lacking emergency/911 communication system.

I'm not sure at what point TBI took over on the case but they do seem to be the agency in charge now.

But LE have stated that the source is someone they consider credible. The source was not the family. It’s certainly possible that the red truck has nothing to do with the case, but according to LE it was reported by someone who had no reason to want to purposely throw off the investigation.

Months later, that truck and its driver haven’t been identified. However, Lawson did share more about the person who gave that information about that truck.
“It was somebody driving a company truck that a lot of officers here are familiar with this gentleman, and we believe that he actually saw it,” he said.
5 months later: Hawkins Co. sheriff says search for Summer Wells continues, but no signs point to abduction | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

But LE have stated that the source is someone they consider credible. The source was not the family. It’s certainly possible that the red truck has nothing to do with the case, but according to LE it was reported by someone who had no reason to want to purposely throw off the investigation.

Months later, that truck and its driver haven’t been identified. However, Lawson did share more about the person who gave that information about that truck.
“It was somebody driving a company truck that a lot of officers here are familiar with this gentleman, and we believe that he actually saw it,” he said.
5 months later: Hawkins Co. sheriff says search for Summer Wells continues, but no signs point to abduction | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
I was just coming here to reiterate this. Thanks, AlyssaAngel, for beating me to it.

For those who believe this witness created this vehicle as a distraction to the investigation...what source of info makes you believe that?

As far as I can tell from the reporting, CARD responded. I'm not sure how quickly they were alerted, though.

I do not think the Hawkins Co. approached this case without any preconceived notions and I believe that it affected the initial investigation. As well as Hawkins Co.'s seriously lacking emergency/911 communication system.

I'm not sure at what point TBI took over on the case but they do seem to be the agency in charge now.

The above BBM. I lean toward this as a significant issue as well, sk716. I've been trying to check my bias since Summer first disappeared, because I don't have any actual evidence to indicate this might be the case. Yet still it persists in my gut.
I think much of the drama swirling around the case was a gun already locked and loaded prior to Summer's disappearance. And instead of utilizing it as an investigatory fulcrum into finding out what happened to Summer, it was simply fired blindly out into the crowd. MOO.

I've been puzzling over how the credible witness (driving his company vehicle, who is apparently known to local LE) who described the Toyota as being seen on either the 14th or the 15th of June (unknown driver, but who is a possible witness to what happened to Summer) is not a possible witness himself as to what happened to Summer?

I mean...did he pass the Toyota at some point and also see Summer at some point? If the driver of the work vehicle made note of the Toyota during that time frame and in that location, then clearly he was in that location during that time frame. Did he *just* see the vehicle? Or did he see more than the vehicle (such as a view of the driver, noted the location, the plate, the speed it was traveling if it was traveling and not stopped, other people, animals, road or farm or DOT equipment, etc?)

I think LE must have much more info regarding the Toyota than they have released, for reasons unknown to us.
Because I can't see as how you might have witnessed a singular, unfamiliar and distinctive vehicle on/around that road during that time period and not have more general info about what else was going on right there. It's not exactly a congested area. Or have I lost my mind?
You haven't lost your mind. LE has the facts and evidence. Everything else making the rounds is hearsay or rumors.

I haven't been on this case here for a long while. Have LE eliminated Don and Candus as suspects/persons of interest, at this point? TIA. :)

IMO LE may not formally clear anyone in an unresolved case like this, until it's resolved. We shouldn't read anything into that.

Why would they clear anyone? Imagine if somehow they cleared someone formally to the public, and then later they found evidence that person was actually involved somehow, and they had to explain that mess to a jury?

So they just won't clear anyone publicly yet, even someone appearing to have an iron-clad alibi. MOO.

IMO LE may not formally clear anyone in an unresolved case like this, until it's resolved. We shouldn't read anything into that.

Why would they clear anyone? Imagine if somehow they cleared someone formally to the public, and then later they found evidence that person was actually involved somehow, and they had to explain that mess to a jury?

So they just won't clear anyone publicly yet, even someone appearing to have an iron-clad alibi. MOO.
Oh, I disagree. LE often declares parents as NOT persons of interests. Sometimes that takes time but we've had plenty of that, at this point - over 6 months.
Are local LE actively looking into the case and the Wells? I know they don't believe Summer was 'stranger' abducted but haven't ruled it out. CBI and FBI haven't said a word, not that I know of, and they'd be the ones to investigate a kidnapping/trafficking.
One more thing, I don't believe ANYONE has an iron-clad alibi, especially those closest to Summer.
I'd really, really hate to see this disappear into the archives as unsolved.
#JusticeForSummer

Might catch a lot of slack from this, but it’s been 6 months where is she?? Watching tons of videos I do not see how anybody could walk down that hill it’s steep…was the timeline off? Possibly…I personally feel it was an accident gone wrong…those stairs give me chills I think she fell down the stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine