trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe y'all could stop talking abouth the lifetime movie carps here...the Sidebar thread might be better for for that discussion.

No offense....but I find it rude to the Alexanders-- its not a made-for-tv-movie to them....

Sorry...moo.

so sorry, I would never want to offend the family...my apologies please.. :please:

"An issue has arisen that will prevent us from continuing today... April 26th no court. Keep May 3rd on schedule"

:sigh:

she previously said last week they would not need this day most likely

:sigh:

I don't have a video clip but here is a picture. :seeya:

attachment.php

Bringing this picture up again ... it's just soooo great.
Love to see that smile on Juan's face (and judge too!)

Thanks for the screen capture Miss Patti.

I'm just catching up on the trial this morning. Wow, JW was extra snarky today. Talk about :panic:.

And I can't believe the way the court again allowed the DT to waste the jury's time with another one of their stall tactics to cancel court this afternoon. JSS did NOT look pleased :tsktsk:.

Did anyone else notice how JA was giving the evil eye to JM today? When they had the split camera going it was creepy. She went from Dr. D to Juan, and this was her look.

JM Evil eye.jpg

Today was the worst I've seen her look yet. I don't believe she was sick. But I do believe she is finally understanding how things are going here, and it's freaking her out.

How long does the DT think they can control her barely concealed disorder? I remember Ted Bundy melting down a few times in court right? And Charles Manson, diving across the DT table to attack the prosecutor? I wonder if she will have one of those meltdowns before this is all over with. One more reason her DT should stop dragging their heels here. There's a difference between providing a competent defense, and being so desperate to score that you pretty well throw ethics and reason out the window. They're risking losing control of how their client presents herself in the courtroom. HELLO!!!

My view, and I am not an attorney, is that they are simply fighting the DP and that's all they've been doing from the beginning. What that tells me is that the prosecution has a pretty strong case for premeditation, and the DT knows it. Every attorney likely wants to win their case, but they must take an objective look at probability of guilt and what they have to work with, and plan their trial strategy based on that. Am I wrong? They're just making themselves look foolish at this point, like they really think they can win this case.

I hope this isn't out of line, but JW and KN really seem to me to have studied KC's DT strategies when they formulated their defense. JW's antics very much remind me of Baez, and KN's snark is much like Cheney Mason's obvious disdain for both the prosecution and the media. Hmmmm. It gives one pause for thought :waitasec:.

JC on hln just said the defense scored some points today. That they were doing well. Uh...okay.

JC needs to decide if she is a tabloid journalist, or a responsible legal correspondent. Sorry, you can't be both.

I liked Doc D's performance on the stand, more professional imo than the DT's psych experts. So she said she wasn't a DV expert, so what? She is a psychologist and seems to understand the principle of secondary gain better than the DT's experts. Skepticism should be a part of every psych eval, just because the defendent says there is abuse doesn't mean there was abuse.

For once I'm gonna be glued to NG! I want to hear from Dr. Walker! I want to hear it from her mouth that Jodi was not abused. I hope she is pissed off at this disgrace of a defense! Using her name as if she backs it up!

I'm watching NG and she spoke about Lenore Walker's books, which NG knew from her time working with DV victims.

I'm not under any impression Walker is going to actually appear on the show

ETA: I'm wrong, she'll be there taking your calls!

lol... They are playing the trial on HLN, Nancy G. She just pops in and makes little comments- just said "Wilmott is trying to copy JM. It isn't working. It is NOT working." :floorlaugh:

Personality disorder is not a mental illness, it is a character disorder. The disordered are ego syntonic not ego dystonic, which means, they see nothing wrong with themselves and do not suffer any sort of neurosis or worry about themselves, do not suffer anxiety about themselves like the latter, nor any sense of failure. They are not suffering. And nobody's making fun of mental illness and a 'failed life'. Her life did not fail, she did. She chose to murder. Savagely.

I disagree, choice is what it's all about. And responsibility. Those are the priorities in a civilised, mature world. Not feeling sorry for the bad guy without conscience. Not making out the perpetrator to be the victim.

It depends on who you are getting your information from according to the Mayo Clinic it is a type of mental illness. see link

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/personality-disorders/DS00562

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I just caught the audio clip on JVM a bit ago when JA said on the stand "he was paying me an extra $200 per month to clean his house." I hadn't paid attention to it when I first heard it, but now I have to wonder:

an EXTRA $200 per month? What else was Travis paying her for, that the housecleaning money is EXTRA?

that is clearly so laughable: she explained how the process works:twocents:

Dr. DeMarte sported a grin during the 4th and 5th times she re-educated Defense Counsel with respect to her education, practice, and licensure processes.

I've had migraines, like many of you. How many of us who've had them could sit there doodling or writing like she was doing this morning? I know I couldn't. I would have my head in my hands at a minimum, certainly with my eyes closed. No way I could engage in that kind of activity and remain focused.

Well we do know Jodie and a simple headache is likely a migraine. I'm sure she has observed one and could fake the symptoms LOL She did look pale today i have to say that. Perhaps she is engaging in head banging in her cell?:floorlaugh: My bad.

OK Fellow Sleuthers, I was again called for Dr. Drew! Last time they never got to me and ran out of time, but they told me this time since they won't have to air the trial, (Thanks to you know who) they will have more time. We shall see! Not going to get my hopes up though! Listen for me just in case! My name is Renee!

OT Tornado on the ground in Lawton, OK. Widespread damage in Comanche County. Hope all Sleuthers out there are okay and safe.

HUGE mistake on the part of the DT to have willmott cross Dr D. She comes off as catty, snarky ,dare I say jealous?? nurmi would have been a much better choice, though I have to say, I'm sure glad they dropped the ball on that decision..........AGAIN

When I saw her today with that green shirt, which by the way does give her a "sickly look", and her hair done up to look downright homely as heck, I felt this was coming today. :furious:

Yesterday Jodi was playing the "I'm prettier than you look" with no glasses, hair down, coloring all day and not looking up at the witness.

You can read what this defense team is going to do by the way they dress the prisoner. It's all a shell game to them. :furious:

I agree.. esp seeing her grin at the end.

Manipulative indeed.

I get that JW is trying to discredit the witness, but is it working?

I see that JW is belittling Dr. D's experience, but she's asking her things about ALV that, to me, it would seem that ALV probably did, too--JM just didn't ask. Like that question about Dr. D "practicing" while getting her masters. JW asserts that ALV had her masters, but did we ever hear anything about ALV "practicing" in the interim of achieving it? It would seem that she would have if Dr. D. is correct that it's common in the field.

If I were a juror, my stance would be that the field has evolved since ALV's time and Dr. D. probably is better educated unless ALV got continuing education.

Here's what made no sense at all to me today----> JW questioned Dr. D about a test that Dr. Samuels had given Jodi and asked her if she had reviewed the questions . She said she had. Then JW start babbling about the test being copyrighted so the questions wouldn't get out to the public because if everyone knew the questions, the test wouldn't be valid anymore. So far, she makes sense. But then she asks Dr. D if she went over the questions and answers with Juan Martinez and she said yes they looked at them together. Keep in mind, while JW is questioning Dr D., she's holding the form with the questions on them and referring to them and waving them around. So here's where she lost me-----she then asks Dr. D why she would share these questions with the prosecutor when he isn't a psychologist since they are copyrighted. Sooooo--what the heck was she doing with the questions then. She isn't a psychologist either.

NG just showed the questionable comment. I'm on the 'she said it' side.

Me too.
I am shocked but that is what my ears hear.
(I listened to the google version with audio at 300%)

I'm watching NG and she spoke about Lenore Walker's books, which NG knew from her time working with DV victims.

I'm not under any impression Walker is going to actually appear on the show

NG just said Lenore Walker is with us tonight!

I don't know why I watch hln it just infuriates me.

The only thing interesting on HLN tonight was the information provided by a former co-worker of Arias "Veronica", saying that before going into work Arias would have to get Alexander on the phone, and if she couldn't, she would sit in her car until she could.

They repeat the canard that Jodi showed up at 4 am, they slept and then had hot crazy sex, which is just a Jodi story. And even though Veronica said Alexander was trying to get rid of Arias, they repeat the wisdom that Alexander was a man, so of course he'd go for it.

I still suspect she arrived in Mesa and sat in her car, waiting.

Me too.
I am shocked but that is what my ears hear.
(I listened to the google version with audio at 300%)

Same here...although it goes against everything that tells me she would not say that... I do believe I hear it... I also know that people can just be pissed and things slip out...Sorry if it offends anyone, but that is what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak