Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I just came on here to say I'm jumping for joy for people who are stepping up to help the family now in BIG ways. It's been an entire day of wheelin and dealin. And the help from people and the community has been AMAZING. I'll be able to tell more details later but my heart is so full with the love and generosity flowing the direction of the family.

Also I'm not worried one bit about Juror 8 being released. And I'll just leave it at that. :)

KCL: You are the BEST!!!

Re: gun first and bashing of victim what really did Arias in...

I would want to see hard facts, the probability of that happening, regardless of anecdotal evidence.

Can you imagine what could have happened if the defendant did not have her high IQ blunted by narcissism and arrogance? She could have come in with the tiny barrette hairdo and cried and said "I'm completely guilty and there's no excuse for what I did to this man who was nothing but loving to me. Whatever he said to me, I deserved, I just loved him so much I stalked him and made a fool of myself...and then this rage came over me that he would marry someone else after I gave up everything for him!"

If she had been Ms. Einstein instead of Ms. Thang, she would have apologized to his family, forbidden her attorneys to say one bad thing about Travis. She would have said, "I deserve to die but if the jury lets me live, I will spend the rest of my life making sure no juror ever regrets that vote. I will make this a turning point in my life for the better."

She would have been faking, of course, but that's what my 160 IQ son did. He even convinced one social worker that he had an IQ of 80 and was determined to get by independently and not be a burden on his mother in her later years. The lifelong training of imitating emotion makes sociopaths wonderful actors.

Thank goodness she's not that bright. Her blonde self was Jodilicious and she just did not thing she needed anything other than fake *advertiser censored*, fake hair, fake religion and fake job to crawl up a man's leg and fasten on like a parasite.

As it is, her overweening ego would not allow her to pursue a humble, contrite presentation, oh no, she had to come in like Wonder Woman just defending herself against the evil male. Big mistake and today, finally, I see plainly that she knows her gig is up and she has lost.

Wonder if we can take photos when she gets the needle. I particularly want a closeup of her face when she sees the room where she will die. If not, ok. Maybe somebody will do a nice pencil sketch of her terrified mug.

just like DD. So, they're actually getting a twofer-he's also an expert in domestic abuse, the kind only experts like him and Alyce can see.

Legally, I am stunned actually, that they are allowed to do this. They had two experts, the state one. The defense knew what DD was going to testify to. Samuels was a Psychologist, just like DD. In a "normal" case they couldn't bring anyone back as they already knew the testimony and had chosen how they wanted to present the case. If, in such a "normal" case there was some new evidence that needed to be addressed they would be able to recall their Psychologist professional, the one they picked. That he had been previously discredited by Juan is not a legal basis to allow them a third expert.

I am still anxiously awaiting any explanation by an AZ trial lawyer as to how this can happen.

I don't understand something here .. WHY during a surebuttal argument can the DT put someone on the stand who is clearly affiliated with ALV? That is not the expert the rebuttal witness was up against, Samuals was. Clearly we are returning to the Domestic Abuse argument with this witness, am I the only one who thinks this is a little sneaky and runs afoul of the structure of proceedings?

I think we will see a few objections and sidebars during this testimony where the DT has to completely change the course of questioning. I assume what they can / cannot ask will be tightly controlled and they will try and throw a few last minute arguments in.

Thanks for setting me straight again. Did Dr Horn say Travis was sitting or standing in the shower when JA first stabbed him?

I don't think he said what or where the first stab wound was. I was talking to my DH about it & he thought that Jodi could have stabbed Travis' heart while he was seated. That would allow him to stand up, move to the sink & cough the blood that would be associated with that. Then Jodi stood behind him at the sink and stabbed him in the back.

I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to set you straight!:blushing:

I fixed it. I had a typo.:blushing:

28rons.jpg

does nancy grace have to wear the leather jacket with the handcuffs necklace for every trialnotes show? has she decided this is her uniform?

Did she get her handcuff necklace back? Last I heard she said it had been stolen!

They only need one juror to have "doubt" so why not? And they don't have to pay for it.... but I am betting Juan makes him wish he never heard of JA.... IMOO

BBM is there anyone who knows if the state can file to be entitled to any money JA earns after conviction to repay for all the money spent to defend and prosecute her?

JA's Grandmother has a blue ribbon pin on it court, anyone know what that is for?

I say the Trayvon Martin case.
I didn't know HLN had decided to do more...although from the number of commercials they've been running, surely it's been profitable. I know some of the upcoming trials include Andrea Sneiderman and then there's George Zimmerman. May have to now pick up on Wild or local streams.. except for 2 hours on InSession if they are still doing that. JMO of course.

The qualifier "I'm not saying he deserved it or anything" concerns me, too. But for the opposite reason to yours, I think. I hear this qualification used again and again because the speaker is anticipating the wrong words being put into his/her mouth. It's a preemptive move, lest someone accuse them of excusing Jodi.

That Travis, like any homicide victim, didn't deserve to be murdered is a given. That he was "just a guy being a guy" is not. Some of us are not satisfied with the pass men are given to behave in ways that women would be condemned for. We think men can do better--much better--and that the world would be a better place if we stopped making excuses for them.

I'm definitely a feminist, but I'm not going to condemn Travis for his behavior in relationships. I wouldn't condemn a woman doing the exact same thing, either. If folks don't like it, they should not date the person. It's nobody else's business, imho.

I hope it's not too far of a stretch to use the following analogy, because it is how I think of it: if someone doesn't like gay relationships, don't have one. Otherwise, it's not about you and your thoughts on it at all.

We're all adults, and that means we make up our own minds about relationships. IMHO :)

Something that confuses me about the allowance of this 11th hour expert Dr. Geffner is that he was supposedly allowed because Dr. DeMarte "introduced new evidence" in the form of the personality disorder. He is purported to be going to refute her on that point.

How exactly is he qualified to do that when he is another expert in DV, not personality disorders?

I find this particularly confusing in light of his previous testimony in another case in which he claims that Dr.'s who are not experts in specific fields are not qualified to opine on such matters. Which is apparently exactly what he will be doing for Jodi Arias benefit next week?

ETA I too am one of the trial watchers who cannot wait for JM to annihilate him on the stand next week, using his own record as an expert and I hope that JM throws his own words at him from the previous case where Geffner stated that none of the other experts were as qualified as he and then explained his reason thinking so.

:innocent:

BBM is there anyone who knows if the state can file to be entitled to any money JA earns after conviction to repay for all the money spent to defend and prosecute her?

I don't think so as the state paid for her defense-she can not make any money off Travis's murder after she is convicted.No-writing a book or movies..nothing

Just clicking thanks wasn't enough for how much I adore this post. Seriously, sometimes it's like people aren't allowed to have a difference of opinion here. I don't think ANYONE has said Travis deserved what happened to him & the poster who voiced her opinion, has now not said another peep because her words have been twisted. That makes me incredibly sad. People think out loud, post theories & speculation here, post what they see through their eyes, IMHO EVERY opinion is valid & valued to me, unless of course it's an obvious troll.

As always :moo:

Word. :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members