Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't know who this Linda Ballard Boss is unless she was a high school sweetheart Never heard of her before.

She hasn't been talked about a lot. But one of his friends mentioned that he had bought her an engagement ring. Which Arias supposedly stole from him. He was going to trade it in for a ring for Lisa if that relationship had worked out for them.

Caller on NG's show asking about the Tesoro witness Juan called on rebuttal, and if that witness didn't support JA's claim she wanted to get gas where it was cheaper than in California. The first part of Beth's answer was incorrect, in my opinion, in that she said (to the effect) yes, it would get her home to Yreka. That isn't true, IIRC. Didn't 1) JA also purchase gas in two places in Northern Nevada and 2) she wasn't taking the car back to Yreka, instead it was Redding the car went to.

:waitasec:

Beth did go on to clarify that the point was to show JA still had the 3rd gas can which JA testified she returned to WalMart.

MOO

Exactly. My point has nothing to do with Travis being a murder victim, and everything to do with the media, and the social media, turning themselves inside out to excuse, minimize or rationalize behaviour (sexual or moral) that, in a woman, is outright condemned.

Well, Defense Attorneys and the Media are Equal Opportunity sleazeballs. IF this were a Man who slaughtered his Girlfriend and the texts and sex tape and IM's were the same, trust me, they would have been saying the GF was a *advertiser censored* and a liar and (insert negative comment here)

Come on. Think back to the coverage that occurred in the last 2 weeks. There was the Boston bombing and the fertilizer explosion in West, TX. Did you wonder why one got more coverage? Well, in news speak, one was sexier. Sad but very true. And it happens everyday and everywhere.

I don't think he said what or where the first stab wound was. I was talking to my DH about it & he thought that Jodi could have stabbed Travis' heart while he was seated. That would allow him to stand up, move to the sink & cough the blood that would be associated with that. Then Jodi stood behind him at the sink and stabbed him in the back.

I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to set you straight!:blushing:

Liebchenmutti,
Oh! No offensive was taken, really. I wasn't trying to use sarcasm which I intensely dislike in conversations. I appreciated that you got me back on track with my original conclusions. I did need to be set straight. Whew! I think I just overdid an explanation. Now I'm blushing.!:blushing: LOL!

From Huffington post:
Reid, a teacher and active member of the Mormon Church, testified that she began dating Alexander in 2000 -- years before Alexander and Arias met. Soon afterward, Reid said she went on a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints mission to Costa Rica and the two split up, but reconciled in 2002. Reid said they dated exclusively from 2002 to 2005, when Reid broke up with Alexander because she was interested in marriage and he was not yet ready. She said they remained friends after the split

I'm really confused....somebody explain this in relation to LB for me....and the engagement ring
(Maybe I'm missing something....)

He supposedly bought the stolen engagement ring for LB....in 2002....soooo who was he dating?

She gets TWO hrs of alone outside time, TWO appliances, TWO books...her OCD will be elated lol

2 ten minute phone call per week.There are only 3 women in her block she may be able to talk with through their bars,but no contact.when she goes to DR..she will never be able to touch other human,except maybe a doctor for the rest of her life.She will never be able to hug or kiss her mother or father ever again..nothing!!
She can kiss her lover goodbye!!

Hi all,

I just came on here to say I'm jumping for joy for people who are stepping up to help the family now in BIG ways. It's been an entire day of wheelin and dealin. And the help from people and the community has been AMAZING. I'll be able to tell more details later but my heart is so full with the love and generosity flowing the direction of the family.

Also I'm not worried one bit about Juror 8 being released. And I'll just leave it at that. :)

Katie, I know this may be OT here but I never get a chance to ask you anything very often. If you were in the courtroom today, did you feel the vibe that I was felling watching it at home of impending doom for Arias? Were the spectators feeling somber and are you hopeful of the proper verdict being given by this Jury? You would know how to read them of anyone, and do you think Juan KNEW the Jury was getting fatigued and that is why he was pushing the witnesses through so rapidly? Thanks!

I wonder about that too??? I noticed the blocked out section. I would hate to think that this was another thing the judge Ruled to be "too prejudicial", especially since this trial is mainly composed of words from JA's mouth or Journals...those words sure deserved to be heard by the Jury, and can't imagine Juan choosing to not bring those words IN

I can't remember who said it today....some attorney on TV...said there was so much the jury hadn't seen that we, the public, had. And I have to agree with her. I often forget the jury doesn't know this or that. I don't think I will ever understand the 'too prejudicial to the defendant.' If it's true, why hold it from the jury? I know the 'legal' explanation, but it makes no sense to me. How is that getting a fair trial? Shouldn't a trial be fair to both the defense and the prosecution?

Now that I think about it, he can watch what ever he wants! He's been following this case with me since Jan. faithfully and even joined WS because of it!!!!

Mr Pizza rocks!

Yay, Mr. 'Za! :rockon:

Mr. Knot, however, loves to come home and give me a kiss asking "So, did they let her go yet?" :slap:

He knows is makes me CRAZY, especially after the CA debacle. :maddening:

But he's really cute so I'll keep him..... :blushing:

Something that confuses me about the alllowance of this 11th hour expert Dr. Geffner is that he was supposedly allowed because Dr. DeMarte "indtroduced new evidence" in teh form of the personality disorder. He is purported to be going to refute her on that point.

How exactly is he qualified to do that when he is another expert in DV, not personality disorders?

I find this particularly confusing in light of his previous testimony in another case in which he claims that Dr.'s who are not experts in specific fields are not qualified to opine on such matters. Which is apparently exactly what he will be doing for Jodi Arias benefit next week?

He's still a licensed psychologist, just his expertise he claims to be in DV.

IMO he'll reinterpret Dr. Demarte's test scores, testify they're wrong and that Dr. Demarte should have diagnosed JA with PTSD (RS), then he'll go on to testify that the reason she slaughtered TA was because of DV (ALV), his "expertise" in that area will be expounded upon. :cool:

Then JM will eviscerate him and his credibility will be shot. :floorlaugh:

Re: gun first and bashing of victim what really did Arias in...

Can you imagine what could have happened if the defendant did not have her high IQ blunted by narcissism and arrogance? She could have come in with the tiny barrette hairdo and cried and said "I'm completely guilty and there's no excuse for what I did to this man who was nothing but loving to me. Whatever he said to me, I deserved, I just loved him so much I stalked him and made a fool of myself...and then this rage came over me that he would marry someone else after I gave up everything for him!"

If she had been Ms. Einstein instead of Ms. Thang, she would have apologized to his family, forbidden her attorneys to say one bad thing about Travis. She would have said, "I deserve to die but if the jury lets me live, I will spend the rest of my life making sure no juror ever regrets that vote. I will make this a turning point in my life for the better."

She would have been faking, of course, but that's what my 160 IQ son did. He even convinced one social worker that he had an IQ of 80 and was determined to get by independently and not be a burden on his mother in her later years. The lifelong training of imitating emotion makes sociopaths wonderful actors.

Thank goodness she's not that bright. Her blonde self was Jodilicious and she just did not thing she needed anything other than fake *advertiser censored*, fake hair, fake religion and fake job to crawl up a man's leg and fasten on like a parasite.

As it is, her overweening ego would not allow her to pursue a humble, contrite presentation, oh no, she had to come in like Wonder Woman just defending herself against the evil male. Big mistake and today, finally, I see plainly that she knows her gig is up and she has lost.

Wonder if we can take photos when she gets the needle. I particularly want a closeup of her face when she sees the room where she will die. If not, ok. Maybe somebody will do a nice pencil sketch of her terrified mug.

Will she finally say "I'm truly sorry for I did to Travis." when she is on that table?...Meh..don't matter...I wanna see pics of her mug too!

I pm'ed you....are these the same Pics leaked months ago to some (i will not name them) death sites? I believe maybe the jury hasn't seen them before (except that one time weeks ago when JM slapped the neck photo up for a second...)...but we have seen them...right?

TIA.

would someone please PM me the leaked ones. I thought I had seen them all....even one with the gaping throat wound. TIA

Will she finally say "I'm truly sorry for I did to Travis." when she is on that table?
No, JA will only feel sorrow for herself. She is incapable of feeling remorse or having compassion for anyone other than HERSELF.

Thankfully the ME wasn't the old guy from CA's trial. Can't remember his name at the moment.

---------
HI, that was Dr. Spitz. He was for the defense. Dr. G. was for the prosecution. He was the one who fractured Caylees skull. Dr.G. just looked through the hole in the bottom of the skull! He should have been out to pasture years ago, good in his day but over the hill now. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie