Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Oscar can't go to prison because of his disability, then it means u can hire a disable person to commit a crime for u. #OscarTrial"

Are there actually any real friends of Pistorius in court?

There seem to be ex friends and family...but no current friends.

Does he have any?

The only way Judge Masipa can at least try & restore her Credibility is to give this murderer OP the harshest of sentence.#OscarTrial

I can't see Nel putting Sam Taylor on the stand at all. She got a rough time from Roux first time round and kept getting emotional. Judge Masipa effectively dismissed her testimony too so I just don't see how she'd be of any benefit to the PT. I don't see the point of any of the 's testimony either as Roux would crucify them. I just don't get that he'd start off with a very credible person in Kim Marten to hear from Reeva's side of the family, then a very credible Mr Modise to quantify how prison would be suitable for OP and then an ex girlfriend or with a history to finish it off?

i would go for someone like divaris. nel needs to keep the credibility level up.

It seems to me that Judge Masipa is responsible for this debacle. She allowed the door to remain open by ignoring accusations that an accused murderer (OP) in her court, had intimidated a possibly future witness (Gina Myers). That sent out a msg that this kind of behaviour is acceptable in her court, and so we have today.

She should have demanded an immediate police investigation over the comment to Gina, reporting to her within three days, and thrown OP in jail until it came back. She should do the same with Schultz, as well. I hope she gives a warning about contempt of court this afternoon, otherwise it show's she's not in control of her own courtroom and justice cannot be done.

Are there actually any real friends of Pistorius in court?

There seem to be ex friends and family...but no current friends.

Does he have any?

I thought that was pretty telling myself. They probably all know him well enough to know what he's capable of.

If the latest nightclub incident was going to be the last evidence presented by Nel, how convenient all this commotion in court at lunch break.

Re the three stooges above, I'm starting to think that OP may be safer IN prison and he may well think that too. There can't be too many VIP clubs in the SA cities they all hang out in and OP likes his nightclubs. I saw Mark Bachelor (on far right) interviewed on some doco ages ago about the 'break his legs' threat and he seemed like a hard man, but not stupid and not entirely without some saving graces.

Tom Steinfort ✔ @tomsteinfort
Follow
For the first time in seven months, Oscar Pistorius leaves the court in the lunch break. Brought traffic to a halt
11:15 AM - 16 Oct 2014

Pity.

Oscar can only shoot guns,race cars,compete as an able bodied person in races but can't go to prison like a normal criminal? #OscarTrial

You have forgotten: he also is able to race speedy boats!

It looks as though Nel will not call Batchelor as he wanted time to consult with the next witness and Batchelor left the court with Mortimer and Schulz, I think. Unless they were going to take a lunch break before consultation but I think, probably not.

It looks as though Nel will not call Batchelor as he wanted time to consult with the next witness and Batchelor left the court with Mortimer and Schulz, I think. Unless they were going to take a lunch break before consultation but I think, probably not.

ST was outside court with GM & the 4 boys, however her mother was nowhere to be seen

Hee hee!

Grrrr...I keep doing this. That was a response to Cherwell's witty comment. I am not just laughing insanely to myself, promise.

I thought that was pretty telling myself. They probably all know him well enough to know what he's capable of.

yes, no friends on the witness stand either re: character/mitigation.
that must be unusual.

eta
why not aimee? why not carl? they are so close...
also no other family members... uncle arnold, auntie...
no cousins?
why not his 'long time friend' and regular confidant jenna adkins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member