Trial Discussion Thread #8 - 14.03.17, Day 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand now why Roux tried so hard to discredit the examination and photos of the crime scene.

There is a trail of damage, from the downstairs lounge window, to the bedroom door, then the bathroom panel, then in the toilet itself. There are blood splatters that are on the sitting room couches and bedroom wall and duvet that are simply not covered in OP's version of what happened that night.

Overall, this has presented a strong picture to me, of an event that was prolonged and moved through at least two rooms, possibly three or four. It seems the judge is taking close notice - she asked to see a photo again when she thought she had missed something. I guess she will have to make up her mind about if OP has been truthful or not, and if not, why he would lie.

I believe the state has presented evidence this morning which shows OP has not been truthful and not provided a full account of what happened that night.

court has resumed..

Nels and Van Stat.. Nels is the prosecutor, this is his witness.

continuing with photos..

When Van S arrived, OP was in the garage with one other person.

All the people he wanted cleared were outside the house, on the porch. There was noone upstairs.

He says the accused's sister and her friend went upstairs with him to get clothes from the wardrobe for OP. They did not go into the bathroom.

He secured the scene, closed curtains and switched off lights each night. Inc curtains in main bedroom.

Roux.

When you said there was noone with you when you took photographs, you mean you were on your own?

VS: Correct.

col von stat,, when you arrived at the scene.. and the accused was in the garage.. was anyone with him??

yu said, you asked Botha to clear the scene. where were the people??

all the people were outside the house and on the front porch..

no one upstairs on the first floor/?/// no

anyone collect clothes for the accused?? yes, the accused house keeper. did you accompany her> ?? yes.

on the way to the bedroom .. the passage.. didn't go into the bathroom

( the house keeper?? )

how did you prepare the house before you left the scene every night?? closed all the doors, windows.. switched off all the lights.. closed curtains.. yes

were there other people with you when you photographed>> no. I was alone, as was correct

nothing further.. up for Roux.

on that question. about you being on your own.. you had undisturbed acces to thhe scene.. only you and your camera??

at a later stage.. there were other memebers from the provincial task team.
how many pics did you take of Oscar?? I am not sure, I will count them to get it correctly..

Oscar will say you took a great number of pics. of his back, his feet. etc. that is not correct, . if you look at the original pics, Ididnt take a great many of him perhaps the doctor did.. I am the photographer of the crime scene..

Roux arguing about this....

10 mins for Van Stat to collect his pics of Oscar..

VS says there were other members with him at some other times.

He is unsure of total number of pics of OP he took.

Roux says OP he took a great deal/many.

VS says that's not correct.

VS: There is a possibility there are photos that have never been put in the album.

Roux wants them and VS says he can get them in 10 mins.

Adjourned to get them.

Van Staden is clearly a very thorough and very professional man.

Now myself, I don't think Roux actually wanted them to be produced. They won't help his case. I think he was hoping photo man would say they were lost or destroyed....

Ah well. Win some, lose some, I put it to you.

Trooper - it was OP's sister & her friend who collected the clothes from upstairs for OP.

The grey haired man with glasses sitting on the defense side is their ballistics expert

O/T Many English barristers also speak in the style Roux does. But we never get to hear them as trials aren't televised there.

Now myself, I don't think Roux actually wanted them to be produced. They won't help his case. I think he was hoping photo man would say they were lost or destroyed....

Ah well. Win some, lose some, I put it to you.

you beat me to it, was just about to post the same thought.

Trooper - it was OP's sister & her friend who collected the clothes from upstairs for OP.

Yes. I can't believe the number of people milling about at the scene, and that it was left to the photographer who asked for the scene to be cleared, not the police officer in charge!

Charl du Plessis ‏@CharlduPlessc 1h
Seems a tad hard to believe the saps would *advertiser censored* up a crime scene as badly as some suggesting and then photograph it extensively.

https://twitter.com/CharlduPlessc

O/T Many English barristers also speak in the style Roux does. But we never get to hear them as trials aren't televised there.

neither in mine, Australia, zwi... a fair bit of agitation for that to be so.. a swipe at the whole nation being behind the times on this issue.. I fully expect it to be so some years away.....maybe about 4.. or 5.. always a groundswell of the broadcast of significant trials , not just murder, being televised..

Then.. a lot of hoo haa about televising a jury trial.. as opposed to a judge only trial.. ( one can chose this, here, in certain states) .. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member