GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And little Jessie Lundsford from her very own bed. :(

A motto I adopted when my son was little, and carry in my head to this day, is to "never say never".

Jmo, what a lot of people do, is react to hearing about such stories by tightening the reins, being super-careful right after they hear the terrible stories. But, especially if the abductor appears to be caught, and the more parents can distance themselves psychologically from the situation (eg., he was abducted in a rural area, we live in town; his abductiion took place in a high-crime area, but our neighborhood is very safe), they relax a bit. (Not saying they try to distance themselves intentionally.) And over time, as there seem to be no harmful consequences to the kid's increased freedom, it reassures them that a lot of the "reactionary" vigilance wasn't necessary. I've noticed myself do this exact thing in terms of precautions I take for my own safety and security.

I hope investigators have video that will help them.
Is it likely that there will be video since this occurred inside a residential neighborhood?

What a rag. :stormingmad: Definitely not MSM.

:seeya: Blogs are not MSM, and not all bloggers are approved on WS. I've removed posts which reference one who is not.

:seeya: Blogs are not MSM, and not all bloggers are approved on WS. I've removed posts which reference one who is not.

I'm confused: the article from the Examiner that I linked doesn't appear to be a blog. Is that the one? And why are my comments going through moderation now?

Oh...sorry about quoting that. I didn't realize that was a blog. I thought it was just an article. :blushing:

And Samantha Runnion was abducted from her front yard.

Lyric and Elizabeth while out riding their bikes

That girl in Wyoming who was grabbed outside the library and left for dead in a canyon

Molly Bish murdered while lifeguarding at a beach, no more than ten minutes after her mother left

Examiner and Gather are sites where anyone can write articles, so they are not MSM and not WS-approved.

I am trying to speculate about where the perp was going. Let's assume for a second that it accidentally fell off the back of a pickup truck (instead of being intentionally dumped from any kind of vehicle). Looking at the location of the tarp, if it fell off the back of a pickup right there, then it seems like it must have been driving eastward (upwards in the picture) on Roundrock Drive. But, looking at a map of the area, it's hard for me to see why anyone would be doing that. It's not coming from the direction of Alanna's neighborhood and it doesn't go anywhere useful.

A few people have wondered up thread if the original location of the tarp may have been the cone shown in the picture (and perhaps the tarp was moved by the boys who discovered the body, after they first dragged it out of the middle of the street). Descriptions that the tarp was found " in the middle of a quiet intersection" seem to support that idea (though perhaps the pictured location of the tarp seemed close enough to the reporter to describe it as the middle of an intersection).

article-2353525-1A9F1D96000005DC-576_634x337.jpg

If the cone is the actually location the body was found, that opens up different possibilities for where the perp was driving when the body fell off the back of the truck (again, assuming it happened that way). Perhaps the truck had come down Woodcrest Drive, taking back roads from Alannah's neighborhood. The right turn from Woodcrest onto Roundrock (westward) is pretty sharp. The body might have rolled into a less stable position. Then when the truck took the first subsequent turn on Cindy Lane, it might have tumbled out.

So,possibly, the truck driver was taking back roads away from Alannah's neighborhood, threading to the south somewhere. I have no idea where it would be headed, but at least the route make a little more sense that way

This is totally nothing but a hmmm moment.

Your post regarding Alanna's body being left on Round Rock, combined with an earlier post about her killer deliberately leaving her there, makes me wonder if the Round Rock location (as in Round Rock, Texas) is a clue.

Nothing but pure speculation.

Another question: even if it was a blog (just looked again and it's a news article, although poorly done), I wasn't linking it as a source for anything except that our threads/convos were being discussed (poorly, again) and linked to in the article. Is that breaking TOS?

Examiner and Gather are sites where anyone can write articles, so they are not MSM and not WS-approved.

Ah - did not know that. Thanks.

Even if I was linking only to show that our threads are a topic of discussion (not to support a statement as a source of fact)?

Ah - did not know that. Thanks.

Even if I was linking only to show that our threads are a topic of discussion (not to support a statement as a source of fact)?

The blog you mentioned (I'm 99% sure I know which one) for some reason shows up in Google's news portal--no idea why.

I've seen WS threads mentioned like that in other cases (LISK comes recently to mind). IMO, it's a sign of weak investigative journalism when they can't find anything to write about except what people are saying online. (No offense to WS, I just don't think covering "us" is a journalist's job when it's regarding a case.)

I'm sure LE has already checked it out. If it was tied to this case, I think we'd know about it. Jmo

But then why not tell the public they no longer need info on the vehicle? How does that help, if in fact they located it and ruled it out.

Errrr, Adam Walsh was taken from a Hollywood, Fl mall.

Yes. I was just mentioning children who were snatched by strangers. I guess, to me...neighborhoods or mall doesn't really matter. They were abducted from a public area, by a stranger.

Tips have declined.

It's time to release the video of the Red Truck if you have it, LE. Come on. Release something, please.

Investigators are now reaching out for more leads through electronic billboards, including one at Euless Bedford Road and state Highway 121. The signs have Gallagher's photo, name, the tip line numbers and a statement that suspects are still wanted.

"Our tips have declined, and we want to just keep this fresh in people's mind," Saginaw police spokesman Officer Damon Ing said.

The electronic billboards are put up for free by various electronic sign companies as part of a public service and partnership with the FBI.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/In...e-Tips-in-Saginaw-Slaying-Case-214988951.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela