GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here goes.

F250, no bed liner, tailgate up, as I am not TRYING to hurt them and HTH would I explain an injury to LE if it happened?! LOL!! I was on a sandy road. My lab rats were C, 2 1/2 and 40 lbs, and J, 13 yrs old, 5'8'' and 200 lbs. Sat them on a tarp, and then went and made them lay down on the tarp and tried a few turns/going straight.

They really didn't slide at all. I turned L, went back and turned R, and they leaned toward the side of the truck. (I had J tell me which way he was forced to lean as we tried each move.) Now, when I went straight, quickly, J said that C slid a bit towards the tailgate, so I went and did it again, and I suspect I'd have had to take off quickly enough to leave skid marks in order to lose either kid- C more likely, as he's lighter. (I did tear up the sand, but wasn't going to go out to the pavement to try this!)

I was totally on the fence as far as if Alanna was left there intentionally or not, but after doing this I really, really think it WAS intentional. They just didn't slide around like I thought they would. Granted, I have no idea what kind of truck (if it was a truck) she was in. It could have had a bedliner, which would be more slippery. Heck, there could have been oil spilled in the back and slid her out easily. But the boys just didn't slide like I thought they would. Even the little one, who is smaller, but closer to Alanna's weight. I have to say, if it was not intentional, she had to have been at the very end of the bed, and the driver sped off quickly to leave her there. But I am just not sure that's how it happened...

Bravo! Bravo! :clap::clap:

I bet your precious lab "rats" had a blast! :sunshine:

I really do not think dogs would have helped, point A and point B are not far apart. They knew she was dead, so cadaver dog no, tracking dog, not really going to gleam anything useful IMO

Do we know there is a ton of physical evidence? I only ask, because I haven't read anything about the evidence collected. (From her, I mean.) Evidence is lost, when there is more then one crime scene.

The only thing I've seen is a couple of LE remarks about how it takes a lot of time to process forensic evidence -- it's not like on TV. Which sounds like there's a lot.

I really do not think dogs would have helped, point A and point B are not far apart. They knew she was dead, so cadaver dog no, tracking dog, not really going to gleam anything useful IMO

Unless she was taken into a house and the dogs went there first. And not a house with little kids.

Because she wasn't killed where she was found. The primary crime scene is where she was killed. Where she was dumped would be the secondary crime scene. IMO

Ah - gotcha. I guess I wasn't thinking of where she was found as a 2nd scene.

I think you could be right. I thought it was a video but haven't been able to find it. I'll see if I can still delete my post, or alert a mod if I can't. Thanks.

I think we can still discuss the grandmother since she is named in the video and 2 blocks over is much too far for Alanna to be going alone to play. imo

Also there's some wording in the grandmother segment of the video that disturbs me, like when she says, "She was, acted like a sad little girl who needed help. I, maybe I could have done something different."

I think it's the word "different" that really sticks out to me...but maybe it's just me. I think I just want so much to believe this could have been a tragic accident with a crazy, elaborate cover up.

With both the FBI and the Rangers involved, as well as what appears to be a competent regional task force, I think if they thought dogs would be useful, they would have brought them in. Or perhaps they did and just didn't mention it.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/10/fbi-launches-billboards-asking-for-tips-in-child-murder/

I posted the link to this (non)update earlier, but didn't have the time to dwell on the police chief's comment that this was the most complicated case in his 32 yrs on the force. No explanation of why. I know all we have is speculation, but what on earth would make it so complicated?

They have the body and a ton of physical evidence. It seems like they have videos of the neighborhood. There wasn't a huge lapse of time between her death and her discovery, no water washing away the evidence. I get that it's a lot to sift through, but he used the word "complicated". Why?
Perhaps there is a group of people that could have participated in this wretchedness and LE must sort out precisely which one or ones of the group should get arrested.

I would think it would be imperative to know where she was BETWEEN point a and point b as there in lies the murder scene and possibly the perps residence.

Unless she was taken into a house and the dogs went there first. And not a house with little kids.

True that, I was going on that she probably was snatched in a vehicle and dogs would lose scent.......I am not sure they already have not found the crime scene.

True that, I was going on that she probably was snatched in a vehicle and dogs would lose scent.......I am not sure they already have not found the crime scene.

I think that's possible, and I also think they've probably found her clothing.

Because, they can determine WHEN injuries happen.
Antemortem - before death
Perimortem- at the time of death
Postmortem- after death

I am no scientist, so I don't know how. I think it as to do with bruising, blood, and what the injuries consist of and look like. All I know, is they are able to determine when injuries happen.

You explained this well...

I think, however, that the poster was wondering how could LE tell.which injuries occurred before she,was,in the truck, while she was in the truck and after she fell/was placed from the truck... But all postmortem...

JMO

I'm confused by the billboards.....is LE using them as a red herring ? To throw off the perp while forensic testing is done?
Or is LE using billboards because they have little to no idea who the perp is? That greatly concerns me.
I have a hunch ....that is it's moo...that the perp knew Alanna often walked the neighborhood unsupervised. That made things real easy for a child killer. Moo

Could the dogs tell from which direction the vehicle came? Could dogs trace Alanna's scent back to a particular house or yard?

I'm confused by the billboards.....is LE using them as a red herring ? To throw off the perp while forensic testing is done?
Or is LE using billboards because they have little to no idea who the perp is? That greatly concerns me.
I have a hunch ....that is it's moo...that the perp knew Alanna often walked the neighborhood unsupervised. That made things real easy for a child killer. Moo

With covering the town in purple ribbons and the billboards, there won't be a place the perp can turn without being haunted by what they've done. I kind of like the idea...it's a constant reminder that people are looking for him/her. I'd love to see this message to Alanna's murderer plastered all over town as well, "We will find you!"

You explained this well...

I think, however, that the poster was wondering how could LE tell.which injuries occurred before she,was,in the truck, while she was in the truck and after she fell/was placed from the truck... But all postmortem...

JMO

This is a combined vector problem, of course.

There is a horizontal force, a gravitational force and the sum of these two =the total force of an object falling out of a can/van and hitting the asphalt. Calculate the body's impulse upon impact and then the asphalt 's impulse. You also have to calculate center of mass because this will determine how the impact of the human hitting the asphalt will damage the tissue.

(Obviously I didn't answer that. :floorlaugh: My son, who passed physics, answered that. )

Authorities investigating the slaying of 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher planned to conduct a forensic analysis of electronic equipment recovered from the girl’s Saginaw home, according to court documents obtained Wednesday.
The computers, hard drives, thumb drives, cameras and iPods were among more than 100 items seized by police and FBI agents the day after Alanna’s body was found bound and wrapped in a tarp about a mile from her house in the 600 block of Babbling Brook Drive.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...rom-home-of-slain-6-year-old-saginaw-girl.ece

I think that's possible, and I also think they've probably found her clothing.

BBM

You could be right. 'Just wondering if there's something specific that leads you to think they might?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela