TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes,but I think LE needs to change the way they look at "run away" cases.It should not matter .Either way a CHILD is missing and is obviously endangered.All resources should be used and all angles should be looked at...somehow I feel "run away" cases are not being taken serious enough...

yes,but I think LE needs to change the way they look at "run away" cases.It should not matter .Either way a CHILD is missing and is obviously endangered.All resources should be used and all angles should be looked at...somehow I feel "run away" cases are not being taken serious enough...

I agree with you 100% and if classified as a runaway; no add'l resources are needed.

Been remembering Ali's family during this time of Thanksgiving with hopes she comes home alive and well to give them a 'Thanksgiving" they will never forget! Where are you Ali? Please come home soon :angel:

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have been remembering Ali's family during this time with prayer and hopes that she comes home alive and well to give them a 'Thanksgiving" they will never forget! Where are you Ali? Please come home soon.

I am so thankful that the media continues its coverage of Ali. With each broadcast, she becomes more known, another reminder is sent out, and her family knows that we continue to search for Ali also. I have a bumper sticker on my car and try to park near shopping area entrances (Walmart, the Malls, grocery stores, Target, Best Buy, Sams, etc.) so others will see her photo and see that she is still missing. When I go to Sam's, I will post her missing flyer in my backseat window hoping others will take note also.
With each news story on TV, I post the link on my facebook page.
Everyone I know is looking for her also (we live in the same area as Ali)!

When is LE going to stop categorizing every missing teenager as a "runaway" because they just can't see any foul play evidence. Get off your high horse LE, some abductors are much smarter than you give them credit for and don't leave said evidence. Plus, who the F cares if they ran away or not, it's someones child out there!! Even if they left on their own accord they are still in danger of getting harmed while on their own and most likely emotionally disturbed. I am so sick of some LE standing by and not doing their job ... protect and serve!! UGH!!

When is LE going to stop categorizing every missing teenager as a "runaway" because they just can't see any foul play evidence. Get off your high horse LE, some abductors are much smarter than you give them credit for and don't leave said evidence. Plus, who the F cares if they ran away or not, it's someones child out there!! Even if they left on their own accord they are still in danger of getting harmed while on their own and most likely emotionally disturbed. I am so sick of some LE standing by and not doing their job ... protect and serve!! UGH!!

I think a runaway classification means that she is presumed to be alive and there is optimism that she will return to her home on her own accord.

I think a runaway classification means that she is presumed to be alive and there is optimism that she will return to her home on her own accord.

Unfortunately it also means they won't LOOK for her/them and that is the problem.

Many times these children may have left but they were tricked or lured, into leaving which means they are in DANGER . It ticks me off that LE just labels them 'runaways' leaving them out there....alone...vulnerable.

But I would say MOST of the time (IMO) these children have not left by their own choice and that is where critical hunting time comes into play. Wait too long sitting on your (LE) hands saying 'they will come home'and the trail goes icy quickly.

Unfortunately it also means they won't LOOK for her/them and that is the problem.

Many times these children may have left but they were tricked or lured, into leaving which means they are in DANGER . It ticks me off that LE just labels them 'runaways' leaving them out there....alone...vulnerable.

But I would say MOST of the time (IMO) these children have not left by their own choice and that is where critical hunting time comes into play. Wait too long sitting on your (LE) hands saying 'they will come home'and the trail goes icy quickly.

Auburn: I agree - but let me ask you ... look where? Where do they look next? From what I understand, there has been a lot of investigating done. LE has NOT ignored this case and has checked out as much as they can. In addition, the family has the Laura Recovery Center and a PI assisting to locate Ali.

Areas close to her home and on her path to work were searched to rule out death, local news casts, benefits, the posting of missing flyers in the area - notifying the school and fellow classmates is a HUGE missing person notification system to get her photo and the news out, her missing information is in several places on the Internet (including notification to all who are members of the Laura Recovery Center).
... the only other thing I can think of to do next is national news.

What do you think should be done next to locate this child? If you know of things that should have been done early on, can you provide details?

When I was a teenager, I ran away for about a month because I was angry with my parents (looking back 25+ years later; yes it was stupid and foolish-and yes, I regret the pain and suffering I caused them and my friends). I went to a remote area 18 miles away. I was not around the public and only two persons even knew I was there. It would not have mattered if they searched the wooded areas near our home. Speaking to my close friends and work was of NO assistance to LE (they didn't know where I was either) nor did my classmates. Three people knew where I was (my sister - who of course did not tell anyone) and the two I stayed with - they were 18 miles away! It was a stupid kid thing ... stupid, stupid, stupid! I ran away because I felt my parents were unfairly punishing my little sister; actually it had nothing to do with me personally. Upon my return, we got family counseling to address the issue. My little sister was still punished for her bad grades - nothing was accomplished by me running away. It was STUPID and if I could turn back time ....

I guess my point is; if Ali is 18 miles away (whether on her own will or not) searching the 10 mile wooded area adjacent to her house will be fruitless! I have seen hundreds of person spend a whole day in a search area and not find a single clue because they are 10 miles off.

I think it is safe to say that most people within a 10 mile radius of Ali's home are aware that she is missing. I am just thankful that the media continues to keep this awareness alive and expand a greater distance from her home.

What can we do to reach this child if she is a runaway to convince her to come back home? How do we reach her? And if, God forbid, she is no longer with us, how do we find her?

Auburn: I agree - but let me ask you ... look where? Where do they look next? From what I understand, there has been a lot of investigating done. LE has NOT ignored this case and has checked out as much as they can. In addition, the family has the Laura Recovery Center and a PI assisting to locate Ali.

I only know of what I read in the msm and here of course, not being personally acquainted with this case. It appears that the police assumed she ranaway and lost some time in the first week in looking for her. But maybe not- as you say. Maybe she is now exactly where she was then so they lost nothing. IDK.

I just wonder if bodies can be disposed of-to landfills, or buried, or however; people can be moved to cities or states; identities be erased, hidden; all within that critical week when LE is assuming she/they are just runaways.

Dumpsters are empities, concrete at construction sites is poured, roads paved over and tracks can be erased in a very short period of time.

That is all I meant with my comment. I feel she is gone and the trail is gone. But would she be found if LE had assumed she was missing under suspicious circumstances rather than a runaway? Who knows.

Also, the number of missing teenagers that are actually abducted are really, really, really low. Most of the time yes, they are runaways. Unfortunately it would be an astronomical price tag to treat each missing teen as a stranger abduction and when you have to weigh teens being teens versus the well-being of a city and its citizens...

I'm looking at the general picture here. It isn't fair by any means and unfortunately when teens actually ARE abducted, no one knows how to handle it. And besides by the time it is usually determined that it isn't a runaway case (assuming that no one witnessed an abduction of course) it is probably too late.

I know we can't make LE investigate every single case of a missing person, but it seems that we have a double standard.

Ali, Jean (missing from Ca), and many others are presumed runaways before there is ever one search.
Yet, legally, they are still too young to consent to sex, too young to make legal decisions for themselves, too young to legally work (in many situations), too young to be charged as an adult in a crime, etc.
My point is, why is it when they are MOST vulnerable that we turn our back on them. If they are too young to know what they are doing by OUR laws in every other situation, why are they considered completely able to navigate and handle living on their own as a runaway?? Yes, it's true that most missing teens ARE runaways. I'm just wondering why that matters. They are still too young, still too inexperienced, still too vulnerable to make adult decisions.
Of course, I don't in ANY WAY believe Ali is a runaway. I just feel awful that she was treated as one for so long following her disappearance.

Can anyone remember if any of the news articles mention that her grandmother normally picked her up at the bus stop, and for whatever reason, did not that day?

There was an odd person on one of the Facebook accounts for Ali that was saying all sorts of inappropriate rantings (IMO) towards Ali a few weeks ago, and she mentioned something about the grandmother - something that I had never read before. Just wondering if others had, and I missed it.

I don't remember anything about her grandmother, or anyone meeting her at the bus stop. I may have missed it, but I have followed this case all along. But there was another girl missing at the same time (since found) who was living with her grandmother...maybe they mixed up the cases.

Perhaps so - I just thought her rantings were a bit over the top, and that comment stuck out to me. She has since been removed from that facebook page and her comments deleted.

Blue: per Ali's mom, the grandmother typically was there when the kids returned home from school.

I don't know if she actually met them @ the bus stop or not - I believe the stop was only 1/2 block from their home.

The is the FIRST and ONLY time Ali walked to her job (but it was not that far from her home, maybe a 5 minute walk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbytross