TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WFAA news article about the neighborhood meeting last night.
I’m wondering if the reason police didn’t respond has anything to do with the District Attorneys decision to not prosecute certain crimes. Example: theft cases under $750 are no longer being prosecuted.
There are other crimes they no longer prosecute as well. Since the DA’s office won’t prosecute, Dallas PD no longer answers the calls.

~snip~
A few other neighbors said during the meeting that they reported Brown to the police several times and had no follow-ups on their calls before Gernon was killed.

One neighbor shared a video with WFAA of a man who appears to be Brown on April 19, checking on door handles in his driveway to see if they're unlocked.

In another security still from that night, a clearer photo of Brown is shown as he's in the process of breaking a home surveillance camera, the man said.
~snip~ Neighbor says he previously reported suspect in child's death | wfaa.com
did the footage of him breaking the ring cam get released?

What I find odd about this if this is true... is why wasn't Cash simply left wherever this might have happened down the trail? It would have taken longer to find him for one. But why carry/drag him back to the sidewalk? 1) he could have been seen carrying him, and 2) that would really bloody up his clothes. My mind doesn't do 'crazy' very well so I can't come up with a reason for him to do that.[/QUOTE]

i wondered if he didnt flee there. but then wouldnt he have been crying? #heartbroken

i wondered if he didnt flee there. but then wouldnt he have been crying? #heartbroken

Well, if sleeping people didn't hear an intruder IN the house, I doubt people would hear a kid crying outside. I know my house is pretty soundproof. I was told there was a cougar next to my house making all sorts of screaming noise with prey. I was home, and awake at the time it happened, and thought 'Huh. I'd have thought I'd have heard all the screaming the animals were doing right next to my house'. But I didn't so.... Not surprised no one wouldn't have heard a crying kid while asleep inside their homes. Or even awake for that matter.

I was awake when all the wild animal screeching was happening and I had no idea. I'm also more aware than a lot of people I know when it comes to sounds. I'll hear something before others do. I'm like... 'Did you hear that?!?' and they always say no. lol Then after awhile they hear it but only because it was pointed out to them and they are listening for it.

I can think of a couple reasons Cash might have been left in the street and not in the wooded area. First, maybe DB hoped the kid would be run over by a car and the cause of death might be obscured; second, maybe DB was transporting Cash's body elsewhere but got startled by something/someone, so he dropped Cash and ran. It's also possible he killed Cash while enroute to somewhere else, because Cash began making noise. RIP poor babe.

I can think of a couple reasons Cash might have been left in the street and not in the wooded area. First, maybe DB hoped the kid would be run over by a car and the cause of death might be obscured; second, maybe DB was transporting Cash's body elsewhere but got startled by someone approaching, so he dropped Cash and ran. It's also possible he killed Cash while enroute to somewhere else, because Cash began making noise. RIP poor babe.

If he dropped him and ran then he ran back to the house for his twin. MOO

Yall do realize that MSM reported that several people had already reported Darriynn for threatening people and breaking ring cameras with a hammer, right?!?! And his own mom didn't hear him sneaking out to terrorize the neighborhood for months?!?! I really do not understand the confusion! Or why people refuse to believe what 1. The police have said/ who they arrested arrested 2. Actual video of the kidnapping!!! Thank God Monica had an interior camera he didn't know about. I feel confident I know why he was breaking the ring cameras now.

I missed the reports on Darriynn threatening people- who did this happen to?

I missed the reports on Darriynn threatening people- who did this happen to?

~snip~
JOE BUBEL: This guy here, he's on NextDoor, where he's busted into cars, busted Ring doorbells, seen with carrying a hammer. He threatened one of the people with his life. People are asking why didn't the police pursue that. But you know, that's just what, you know, his side of the story. I don't know the other side of the story.
~snip~ Dallas Police Recover What Could Be The Weapon Used To Kill 4-Year-Old Cash Gernon

Well, if sleeping people didn't hear an intruder IN the house, I doubt people would hear a kid crying outside. I know my house is pretty soundproof. I was told there was a cougar next to my house making all sorts of screaming noise with prey. I was home, and awake at the time it happened, and thought 'Huh. I'd have thought I'd have heard all the screaming the animals were doing right next to my house'. But I didn't so.... Not surprised no one wouldn't have heard a crying kid while asleep inside their homes. Or even awake for that matter.

I was awake when all the wild animal screeching was happening and I had no idea. I'm also more aware than a lot of people I know when it comes to sounds. I'll hear something before others do. I'm like... 'Did you hear that?!?' and they always say no. lol Then after awhile they hear it but only because it was pointed out to them and they are listening for it.
my husband hears everything and investigates. but i know many houses in texas are made of rock and brick to keep the heat out.

Video shows 4-year-old Cash Gernon taken from his bed before killing I'm not sure if this article has been shared yet It confirms that the maternal grandma has custody of Cash s 2 sisters I believe there probably wasn't a custody agreement for the boys or the article would have mentioned it Even though what happened to little Cash sadly could have happened to any kid in that neighborhood with a lunatic on the loose I still belive both parents are guilty of child neglect

Video shows 4-year-old Cash Gernon taken from his bed before killing I'm not sure if this article has been shared yet It confirms that the maternal grandma has custody of Cash s 2 sisters I believe there probably wasn't a custody agreement for the boys or the article would have mentioned it Even though what happened to little Cash sadly could have happened to any kid in that neighborhood with a lunatic on the loose I still belive both parents are guilty of child neglect
can u share pertinent new info, there is a pay wall. thx!

Use a computer. lol

What I find odd about this if this is true... is why wasn't Cash simply left wherever this might have happened down the trail? It would have taken longer to find him for one. But why carry/drag him back to the sidewalk? 1) he could have been seen carrying him, and 2) that would really bloody up his clothes. My mind doesn't do 'crazy' very well so I can't come up with a reason for him to do that.
Maybe poor Cash was still alive, and crawled back to the road?

Something just dawned on me about the blanket that was covering him. It was stated by the person that found him "At one point, the blanket covering him fell off and she saw blood and what appeared to be bite marks on his face."

Wait! What?!? What blanket?!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: He was NOT taken with a blanket, just his jammies! At least from what I saw. Did anyone else see a blanket with him when he was carried away? If not....

Where did the blanket come from??
Did DB bring a blanket with him in his backpack? Did he leave a blanket out on the trail for when he came back with a child for whatever his reasons were? I'm confused how a child could be abducted with only what I believe were his jammies, later to be found covered up with a blanket. The person who found him didn't cover him. I doubt anyone else covered him and then didn't call the police to report it. That leaves DB having a blanket with him.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I did a search of both threads for the word blanket and didn't see anyone question this. Apologize if I missed it.

4-year-old found dead in Dallas street: Video shows boy taken from bed

Last edited:
I even think he had a larger backpack on the night he was trying car doors, in order to carry away stolen goods. On the night he was planning to take Cash, he took a smaller backpack because he wasn't really out to steal stuff that night (he may have had a shirt and a knife in there)
Actually, IMO, he had the knife in his hand as he approaches the bed. There is video out that enhances the video and shows him with the knife in his hand.

Something just dawned on me about the blanket that was covering him. It was stated by the person that found him "At one point, the blanket covering him fell off and she saw blood and what appeared to be bite marks on his face."

Wait! What?!? What blanket?!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: He was NOT taken with a blanket, just his jammies! At least from what I saw. Did anyone else see a blanket with him when he was carried away? If not....

Did DB bring a blanket with him in his backpack? Did he leave a blanket out on the trail for when he came back with a child for whatever his reasons were? I'm confused how a child could be abducted with only what I believe were his jammies, later to be found covered up with a blanket. The person who found him didn't cover him. I doubt anyone else covered him and then didn't call the police to report it. That leaves DB having a blanket with him.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I did a search of both threads for the word blanket and didn't see anyone question this. Apologize if I missed it.

I've been wondering the very same thing.

I assumed this was whatever first responders draped over his body. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members