TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we are not confusing them. It is just full on madness in the air there, apparently. IMO

And in that same link above about the assaulted neighbor and MS plea for mercy for DB, it goes on to explain that the new charges brought against DB yesterday, Friday, include Injury to a Child. It says in the final paragraph, I believe, that those charges are made when there is not certainty of evidence for Murder.

According to the fundraising page for Trevor Gernon’s contribution to funeral expenses, Cash has been transferred and is being prepared to he laid to rest.

Very interesting that there are 2 page's both trying to get money for burial expenses. Trevor has only made $2K toward a $10K goal. It also says "We have transferred Cash and he is being prepared to be laid to rest.".

On the other hand, someone claiming to be his Aunt has made ~$14K toward a $10K goal. Pretty big differences there. The "aunt's" page says "I have set up this fundraiser to help pay for the transportation of Cash's body ".

So... did Trevor actually transfer Cash's body as his page states, and then the "aunt" paid him back (since $2K isn't enough and, well, $14K trumps $2K)? Something's not right here and it feels like someone (or both) is lying. It wouldn't surprise me with this case and cast of characters.

Piecing things together, I personally think it went like this (my speculation and opinion): DB used to hang out with MS1’s older boy and would sometimes stay there—maybe when not getting along with his own family. Then the near-abduction happened a couple doors down. MS1 didn’t want DB arrested because (she said) he was having a breakdown. This was all about a week before Cash, Carter and dad came to live with MS1. After the incident with the 2yr old girl, and once she had toddlers living with her, DB was no longer welcome there. So she hopefully had a protective stance over the boys.

Yes, things were carefully worded by MS1 like “DB was not known to Cash” — except for the unexpected visit DB made while MS1 was grocery shopping (easy to see now why she was supposedly extra upset when she found out he’d been there while she was out, considering the 2yo girl thing.) Yes, DB was called an “acquaintance” when he seems to be more known to them. Things were repeatedly minimized or carefully worded. She acted like the kids were hers at first to minimize judgment too, I think. A defensive stance. Carefully worded answers to deflect judgment is not unusual in a house where people have warrants. NOT saying this is true here, but sometimes people don’t want to tell the extraneous details that will make them look bad (“this is someone who used to bring me stolen goods to fence” or “he used to supply my boyfriend with pills he’d stolen”—NOT saying that’s the case here) so they leave parts out. That doesn’t mean they directly had anything to do with the heinous crime.

I find it interesting that twice DB took a child and both times it was after someone said “you’re not wanted here”... anger issues and lack of impulse control? Maybe he was rejected by an early caregiver and returning to that feeling makes him lash out and be evil? Hurt people where they feel it most? He needs to be kept away from children forever. JMO

Last edited:
DB's Capabilities?

Post by Curiosa20
"...My point is he is being represented as incapable of even writing his name. How would he manage a phone or photos or an Instagram account?"

Repeating my request:
@Curiosa20 bbm Maybe I'm trying to follow too many cases but I've missed ^ this. Link please? Anyone? TiA.

DB's Capabilities?

Post by Curiosa20
"...My point is he is being represented as incapable of even writing his name. How would he manage a phone or photos or an Instagram account?"

Repeating my request:
@Curiosa20 bbm Maybe I'm trying to follow too many cases but I've missed ^ this. Link please? Anyone? TiA.

I believe it was rumor/speculation (not from a valid MSM site or LE) and the post has since been removed from what I can tell. This site has limited search capabilities ('his name' was too vague for this site and only came up with "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.").

So, since I don't like being outsmarted by a computer I Googled for that, websleuths and Cash Gernon. I saw some posts that might have had that info, but found they no longer existed when I clicked on them. Hence me thinking they were removed due to the site they came from (rumor).

No, we are not confusing them. It is just full on madness in the air there, apparently. IMO

And in that same link above about the assaulted neighbor and MS plea for mercy for DB, it goes on to explain that the new charges brought against DB yesterday, Friday, include Injury to a Child. It says in the final paragraph, I believe, that those charges are made when there is not certainty of evidence for Murder.
DB's Capabilities?

Post by Curiosa20

Repeating my request:
Oh gosh, excuse me. I forgot to go back and look for it. I saw it 4-5 days ago I think somewhere between page 12-15. I will see if I can find it.

DB's Capabilities?

Post by Curiosa20

Repeating my request:
I found it!
At the same time, I got carried when I posted originally by a comment I read that stated he could not sign his name- which is partially true.
If you look on page 11, a fantastic post made by SandyQLS. and click the link for Open Documents to see the charges, for the Misdemeanor the official document shows that at 11:17 he could not sign. However later on that evening he did sign another. There is a trove of info in there.
And his innocent cursive signature makes me sad. There are so many tragedies here.
Thank you Sandy! I spent hours trying to find these links. I totally missed your earlier post.

I believe it was rumor/speculation (not from a valid MSM site or LE) and the post has since been removed from what I can tell. This site has limited search capabilities ('his name' was too vague for this site and only came up with "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.").

So, since I don't like being outsmarted by a computer I Googled for that, websleuths and Cash Gernon. I saw some posts that might have had that info, but found they no longer existed when I clicked on them. Hence me thinking they were removed due to the site they came from (rumor).
I just posted where to find the link to the documents.

Thanks for that. I’m glad it can be talked about since official records confirm it.

With regard to the disputed, or rather, “unapproved” source, after looking it over I don’t really get the objection. It’s a fairly anodyne local online source, with normal reporting, a lot of it aggregated news from larger sources, and the particular local information objected to cited was link sourced from an official open records database, and it published many weeks ago.

Of the two arrests reported earlier- the Feb 8 and April 27, , the April charge remains as an active Misdemeanor in the open so database, with particulars confirmable. After the sworn complaint this week date-matched the original incident date listed there, there was good reason to think that was REAL news, even if later record was expunged, and that someone had called for authorities - or at least not to immediately believe no call had been made on 2/8/21
I completely agree with you. I do recognize that there has been a lot of confusing information but… there is a knarly mess of supposed caretakers swirling around him.
I’m not sure he even knows what his name is. He identified himself in writing and to police as Darriynn Gill Brown. His mother is Michelle LaShawn Brown and Michelle Gill, so maybe that’s why.
The site that posts arrests in Dallas is not disreputable. The information there, police report arrest records, are only available for 30 days. That’s why the April 27th evading arrest report is not there. But it is still listed in Court Records.
What’s up with the stolen gun found at DB’s residence?
IMO and MOO

DB Able/Unable to Sign?
I found it!
... I read that stated he could not sign his name- which is partially true... for Misdemeanor the official document shows that at 11:17 he could not sign. However later on that evening he did sign another....
@Curiosa20 sbm Thanks for taking the time to track this down. Good catch :) on Evading Misdemeanor "Arraignment Packet"* re typed notation "Defendant Incapable of Signing" and on a diff page, DB's handwritten signature, separated by 3 1/2 hours.
Why an "incapable" notation, apparently a discrepancy?

And thanks to @SandyQLS :) for posting links. my2ct
* p. 1. "Arraignment Sheet" .................. 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 2. "Instructions" "Preliminary" ........ 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 3. "Bond Condition Orders" ............ 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 4. "Election of Counsel".................. 4/27 11:17 pm..."Incapable of Signing"
p. 5. "Magistrate's Admonishment" …. 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 6. Financial Questionnaire" ............ 4/27 7:43 pm ... DB's Signature

^ 4/30 "Arraignment Packet" re: Misdemeanor, Evading Arrest Detention, M2155422
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty.org/PublicAccessEP1/CriminalCourts
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty...ViewDocument&overlay=Print&overrideFormat=PDF

DB Able/Unable to Sign?
@Curiosa20 sbm Thanks for taking the time to track this down. Good catch :) on Evading Misdemeanor "Arraignment Packet"* re typed notation "Defendant Incapable of Signing" and on a diff page, DB's handwritten signature, separated by 3 1/2 hours.
Why an "incapable" notation, apparently a discrepancy?

And thanks to @SandyQLS :) for posting links. my2ct
* p. 1. "Arraignment Sheet" .................. 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 2. "Instructions" "Preliminary" ........ 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 3. "Bond Condition Orders" ............ 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 4. "Election of Counsel".................. 4/27 11:17 pm..."Incapable of Signing"
p. 5. "Magistrate's Admonishment" …. 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 6. Financial Questionnaire" ............ 4/27 7:43 pm ... DB's Signature

^ 4/30 "Arraignment Packet" re: Misdemeanor, Evading Arrest Detention, M2155422
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty.org/PublicAccessEP1/CriminalCourts
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty...ViewDocument&overlay=Print&overrideFormat=PDF
Actually on one of the Felony related Docs he couldn’t sign, either.

Incapable of signing could mean anything. That he was drunk or drugged up or hysterical.
I’m really not familiar at all with how those proceedings work. Would a Judge be presiding in a hearing where the Defendant is under the influence to that degree? Or irrationally hysterical? Where he/she/they have to agree to serious legal arrangements?

I think there is a lot more to this story that we will find out later. I dare say drugs will be involved on more than one party and either money owed or 'something'. I don't think DB is being set up and IS involved, but i don't think he is the only one. SOMEONE knows more.

DB Incapable of Signing?
Actually on one of the Felony related Docs he couldn’t sign, either.
@Curiosa20

Yes. F2175908 (Burglary), "Election of Counsel" doc. dated 5/27, timed 4:09 pm, also notes "Defendant Incapable of Signing."

And F2175907 (Injury), "Election of Counsel" doc. dated 5/27, timed 4:09 pm, also notes "Defendant Incapable of Signing."

(^ hoping I kept the numbers, dates, times straight^. No guarantees.:D)

@Gibbo214 as you posted, could be "drunk or drugged up or hysterical."
Thanks for the thought. Or physically resisting LEOs, or __?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member