TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a lot left out of that. The police would not have left the body there for just anyone to come and look at.
I’ve read many cases of bodies lying in the street for hours during forensic exams, waiting on coroner etc., usually under a tent (but in Micheal Brown’s case they just left him in the open for hours). I suspect this child was probably covered from public view once the police got there, probably surrounded by cops too, and only the relative was taken to view. jmo
Certainly a lot is left out of the reporting but it seems they canvassed the neighborhood, waking people up and asking if they are missing a child.
The person who was missing a child would probably be questioned a bit and prepared/counseled by police if they were going to walk out and identify the child, that accounts for the delay, “later that morning”, is how it’s reported. jmo

Oh my..that little face, little haircut. How could this have happened? Stabbed (?) and left lying in the street..Hazmat had to come clean the street. This was a little boy. :(:(:( I really hope LE can clear some things up when they figure it out more themselves. WTH is this country coming too!!

Short and clarifying video. The mother says that Brown broke into her home through a back door and kidnapped Cash while they were sleeping, and it was caught on surveillance camera. Neighbors have seen Brown walking in the neighborhood before.
What was the motive?

Were both the twins in the room asleep?

Why did he take that one? Is he trying to get revenge against the parents for something?

Short and clarifying video. The mother says that Brown broke into her home through a back door and kidnapped Cash while they were sleeping, and it was caught on surveillance camera. Neighbors have seen Brown walking in the neighborhood before.

oh my God -

why oh why is his twin brother in the custody of CPS?

What was the motive?

Were both the twins in the room asleep?

Why did he take that one? Is he trying to get revenge against the parents for something?
The one neighbor said he didn't think Brown was "right in the head".

Maybe Brown is just mentally ill and this will never make sense, the motive is his own internal delusion?

I'm beginning to wonder if the suspect is suffering from severe mental problems. He has been seen by neighbors walking around the neighborhood..breaks into a home..murders a little boy..leaves him on a street..If so, that doesn't heal my heart but I would feel differently towards the suspect. Terrifying none the less. Hope LE gives an update with more info. WTH happened here? <modsnip> :eek::confused::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
the lady who found him thought it was a dog at first. Once she got close enough and realized it was a child, she noticed his feet were apparently covered in ants. IMO that means he had been deceased for a while. Possibly buried and dug up by an animal, which could mean the apparent bite marks to his face could have been either by insects or an animal. A broken glass bottle could also leave marks that would look like bite marks
agree

Good lord. What is happening here.... this is just devastating.

I am concerned about his twin in cps custody, if the kidnapping and attack was actually caught on video. What would be the purpose of him losing all his stability? More to come on this story, I suspect.

Absolutely tragic and awful. Rest easy, sweet Cash.

Why would LE ask his mother (or whomever the relative was) to ID him there at the crime scene, instead of somewhere more appropriate and sensitive?
Wouldn't that also technically be a form of contamination of the crime scene?
ETA: IF that happened.

Last edited:
Why would LE ask his mother (or whomever the relative was) to ID him there at the crime scene, instead of somewhere more appropriate and sensitive?
Wouldn't that also technically be a form of contamination of the crime scene?
That is a very good question. I'm sure it depends on local LE on how they do it. I wouldn't think taking them to the body at the site would be appropriate but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06