GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #26 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualifoot, yeah I paused at that section, too. And i do hate talking this way...If they find Christina, hopefully they will have more solid evidence to establish a motive. I do think simply going by what is written in the document presents shaky grounds for a motive. Maybe when the witness elaborates on the stand, it will be more effective. But really, we just need to find Christina to plug in these gaps.

Oh, and just to add, SA has been my primary theory for much of the time we've been following this case...so I hope if that is what happened, they will be able to definitively prove it. I want the coffin nailed solidly shut on the perp.

Yep, as much as we wish he would come clean, it's wishing for him to do something completely against his own best interests at this point. Pointing the way to CM alive gets him a certain conviction for kidnapping, and to her body fries his lying bones in ole Mr Sparky's 3-million-volt rocking chair, or the equivalent, for her murder. So, don't see any reason to think that'll ever happen.

It is entirely possible they offer him a deal for life without parole if he will confess and tell them where she is....or he can take his chances with a jury and chances are the death penalty. A lot of guilty persons fess up to get life rather than the high risk of being found guilty and getting death. Hopefully he will be counseled to confess and tell where she is.

OK, so why would he get mad and tell that girl that if she wasn't sleeping on the couch (where he had been sitting with her), that he was going to leave?

He was mad that she wasn't sleeping on the couch with him is the way I read this.

That's one bit of the new info that I don't find odd, pretty common way to act IME, not saying it's acceptable but to me not unusual

BBM, just based on the information we have I'd say that LE already have the footage of those cars. IIRC Jonni said in the radio interview that they knew the others cars left the garage 40 minutes after EA which I think had come from CCTV so pretty sure they know all the comings and goings that night/morning.

Yes, and I think the original search warrants stated that one of the detectives watched 4 days of footage and didn't see Christina's car leave the garage from the time she pulled in that evening until her dad drove the car out that Tuesday(?) night they found her car in the garage.

It may be unidentified right now, but as of 12/13, they have EA's DNA. I think it will be identified in a few weeks, IYKWIM
Ahh, maybe that's it. Maybe the dna is mixed somehow and could possibly be EA's which could implicate him more.

Yes unfortunately I can't share it anonymously, but people might be able to find a program that will convert.

Or if anyone wants certain pieces quoted, let me know what I will find it and post it as soon as I am able.

Just use pastebin.com totally anon.

Keeping Jonni and all of Christina's family, friends and loved ones in our thoughts and prayers.

Qualifoot, yeah I paused at that section, too. And i do hate talking this way...If they find Christina, hopefully they will have more solid evidence to establish a motive. I do think simply going by what is written in the document presents shaky grounds for a motive. Maybe when the witness elaborates on the stand, it will be more effective. But really, we just need to find Christina to plug in these gaps.

Oh, and just to add, SA has been my primary theory for much of the time we've been following this case...so I hope if that is what happened, they will be able to definitively prove it. I want the coffin nailed solidly shut on the perp.

I've always favoured the SA/unfortunate accident scenario which doesn't need a motive as such, I agree that nothing has been provided yet suggests a motive.

OK, so why would he get mad and tell that girl that if she wasn't sleeping on the couch (where he had been sitting with her), that he was going to leave?

As far as that, I absolutely agree with the detective's assessment of the situation. I agree with everyone on the notion about his couch comment meaning he was looking for a romantic hookup. But it does scare me that the defense attorneys would say they were making a leap to connect that with Christina. BUT I really think in the end, they will have the evidence they need to put this guy away.

He was mad that she wasn't sleeping on the couch with him is the way I read this.

That's one bit of the new info that I don't find odd, pretty common way to act IME, not saying it's acceptable but to me not unusual
I agree. That's why I don't think it's a big deal that LE asked her a leading question on the topic.

While the warrant tells us a lot, I think we also have to consider what it DOESN'T say. Many time LE holds back a lot of details to save for the discovery / trial process. At first it was just that one camera working, then the exit camera, then all cameras. Now we find out more pings on CM & EA's cell phones. I never assume what is released by LE is all the information. It usually isn't. I'm guessing there is still more camera & cell info to come out.

BBM, just based on the information we have I'd say that LE already have the footage of those cars. IIRC Jonni said in the radio interview that they knew the others cars left the garage 40 minutes after EA which I think had come from CCTV so pretty sure they know all the comings and goings that night/morning.

40 minutes after EA… So….. That's exactly the time EA & CM's cells pinged back near SOL. Unless LE states conclusively that EA was not back in that garage again, IDK. Anything is possible.

Orrrrr…. What if EA did go home, left his car there, and took another car from the residence? His brother's? His parent's? But he had his & CM's cell with him.

Two questions...if bodily fluids were found in/around trunk, why was he "only" charged with AK? AND...why did arrest take this long? Sounds like they had so much evidence piling up. FFS.

1. have you ever bleed or spit? (all assume the answer is yes) are you dead? (i'm hoping the answer is no). Basically the existence of these are not proof she is dead.

2. Says in warrant DNA did not come back till december 9th.

Keep in mind that this only indicates an unknown male's DNA came to be in that car sometime, anytime, but no way to make it into a certain indication that EA acted in conjunction with someone else that night.
The significance of the male DNA might not be that it belongs to an unknown, But that it doesn't belong to Christina. Maybe that's why they assume she left via trunk.

"Additional samples analyzed by Bode Technology which were also taken from Enrique Gutierrez Arochi's vehicle indicate other DNA profiles are present in the evidence collected to include the DNA of an unknown male contributor."

Pg. 8 second Paragraph

I read this to say they do have other people's DNA inside the car....in addition to CM and (at least) one of these are of an unknown male. Which is true, they didnt have EA's DNA profile until this past Saturday when they arrested him. The search warrant posted today states they obtained these swabs in the Plano jail. They need HIS profile to compare it to the "unknown male contributor" profiles they've collected from his car. I'm guessing the'y'll match.

Also, from reading the affidavit, they appear to be basing the Aggravated Kidnapping mindset on SB's testimony. But, it appears from the wording in the affidavit that Detective Hay may have led the witness SB: "Detective Hay made the comment to Boss obviously he thought you relationship was romantic and you didn't...." There is no actual testimony in there that he tried to kiss her, touch her, get in bed with her, pull her down onto the couch, or was in any way physical with her.

I think that because later in the affidavit this interaction is the point at which they say EA formed the mindset to, in their opinion, kidnap or commit sexual assault, the defense attorney will attack it hard. I may be wrong, but I'm not sure an investigator is supposed to lead witnesses. .

No prohibition at all with leading people who might provide information, even to the point of lying to them, to get statements from them on the record that may be used as evidence. In court, it's a different matter when eliciting testimony from a witness under examination, who is there to offer their statement, view, knowledge, or answer, not the attorney's.

Bringing this over from the previous thread, posted by Eileen730

"I see no mental health issues.
He's a liar trying to cover his butt.
He sure had me fooled. "

That's my point, you are a really experienced sleuthers and so are others yet he managed to convince you, this is unusual IMO and makes me think that maybe he has some issues that enable him to lie so easily. IMO usually people watch this kind of interview and are immediately suspicious yet people were still strongly defending EA even after the footage was released.

personality disorders and mental health issues are not the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95