GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #28 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The standard of secrecy protecting a confession outweighs any form of professional confidentiality or secrecy. When a person unburdens his soul and confesses his sins to a priest in the Sacrament of Penance, a very sacred trust is formed. The priest must maintain absolute secrecy about anything that a person confesses. For this reason, confessionals were developed with screens to protect the anonymity of the penitent. This secrecy is called "the sacramental seal," "the seal of the confessional," or "the seal of confession."

The sacramental seal is inviolable. Quoting Canon 983.1 of the Code of Canon Law, the Catechism states, "...It is a crime for a confessor in any way to betray a penitent by word or in any other manner or for any reason" (No. 2490). A priest, therefore, cannot break the seal to save his own life, to protect his good name, to refute a false accusation, to save the life of another, to aid the course of justice (like reporting a crime), or to avert a public calamity. He cannot be compelled by law to disclose a person's confession or be bound by any oath he takes, e.g. as a witness in a court trial. A priest cannot reveal the contents of a confession either directly, by repeating the substance of what has been said, or indirectly, by some sign, suggestion, or action. A Decree from the Holy Office (Nov. 18, 1682) mandated that confessors are forbidden, even where there would be no revelation direct or indirect, to make any use of the knowledge obtained in the confession that would "displease" the penitent or reveal his identity.

http://www.catholiceducation.org/en...holic-faith/the-seal-of-the-confessional.html
Yes. But I also believe the priest would counsel the penitent to do what is also further morally right and bring whatever peace is possible to Christina & her family.
But I fear that EA will feel if he confesses to the priest, that he is free & clear as far as God goes & won't want to suffer the consequences of what will come from a public confession. Personally, I doubt this mindset does make him free & clear with God. JMO

I believe this is the likely scenario. I just can't see whether it occurred in the garage or later (return to the Shops?). That return trip baffles me. Why return? And probably not even go to the garage, just the general area.

One reason he could have turned around to go back to the shops was to make it appear as if Christina was abducted after he left the garage. If she was found near the garage, and he was able to prove that he had already left (ie, by taking the toll road) it would show that he didn't have time to do anything other than leave when he said he did.

Something made him change his mind about returning her to the garage area - possibly fear of having his vehicle caught on camera thereby placing him back in the area, or there were too many people around. He could also have realized that Christina's phone could still be sending out pings. He was also making mistakes, like leaving his phone on (it pinged at 5800 Granite Parkway at 04:56. He may have decided at this point, just to drive home, maybe change his clothes and decide his next course of action.

One reason he could have turned around to go back to the shops was to make it appear as if Christina was abducted after he left the garage. If she was found near the garage, and he was able to prove that he had already left (ie, by taking the toll road) it would show that he didn't have time to do anything other than leave when he said he did.

Something made him change his mind about returning her to the garage area - possibly fear of having his vehicle caught on camera thereby placing him back in the area, or there were too many people around. He could also have realized that Christina's phone could still be sending out pings. He was also making mistakes, like leaving his phone on (it pinged at 5800 Granite Parkway at 04:56. He may have decided at this point, just to drive home, maybe change his clothes and decide his next course of action. I don't think he would leave her near Allen, as that would be too close to home, but that's just my opinion.
I agree with him not leaving her close to his house. He had to have realized his prints would be on her( I dont think he would have thought to wear gloves) his dna and possibly semen if he did wind up SA her at some point. I dont think he wants her found. So some of her belongings, like her phone or backpack, is what he may have went back in the area of the SOL that night to dispose of.

Something made him change his mind about returning her to the garage area - possibly fear of having his vehicle caught on camera thereby placing him back in the area, or there were too many people around. He could also have realized that Christina's phone could still be sending out pings. He was also making mistakes, like leaving his phone on (it pinged at 5800 Granite Parkway at 04:56. He may have decided at this point, just to drive home, maybe change his clothes and decide his next course of action.

I think we all assume that EA was some kind of cell phone expert. I don't know if that's the case.. He sold them, could tell you the functions, how to operate them, how to wipe them, etc. But did he really know HOW they worked?? Did he even know about pings & that they were able to be tracked? I wonder...

Noticed there is a landfill off 121, when I Googled "landfills near Plano"... Just curious, what risk to the dogs?
This sums up the risks involved:

These places are full of all kinds of highly toxic, carcinogenic, infectious, hazardous materials, not to mention the poison gases formed by the mixing and heating of these materials, in addition to broken glass, sharp metals, nails, decomposing garbage, diseased dead animals and many insecticides and other commercial poisons.

http://www.hornbecks.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=67

This sums up the risks involved:

These places are full of all kinds of highly toxic, carcinogenic, infectious, hazardous materials, not to mention the poison gases formed by the mixing and heating of these materials, in addition to broken glass, sharp metals, nails, decomposing garbage, diseased dead animals and many insecticides and other commercial poisons.

http://www.hornbecks.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=67
Yup, I'd say that sums it up nicely. [emoji4]

I agree with him not leaving her close to his house. He had to have realized his prints would be on her( I dont think he would have thought to wear gloves) his dna and possibly semen if he did wind up SA her at some point. I dont think he wants her found. So some of her belongings, like her phone or backpack, is what he may have went back in the area of the SOL that night to dispose of.

I edited my post to remove reference to not believing he would leave Christina close to Allen, after I realized there was a search taking place in Allen today. It seemed to be discouraging, which was not my intention.

In any event, AE is not too smart, so who knows what his thought process was. I don't believe he had her in the trunk when he was at the Kroger gas station, as he had already vacuumed his vehicle, and was using the squeegee at that time.

I think we all assume that EA was some kind of cell phone expert. I don't know if that's the case.. He sold them, could tell you the functions, how to operate them, how to wipe them, etc. But did he really know HOW they worked?? Did he even know about pings & that they were able to be tracked? I wonder...

Well, I don't even have a cell phone, and I know that they ping at cell towers (maybe because that comes up so often on websleuths). He was a sprint manager, so I'm assuming he knew that, but in the heat of the moment, wasn't paying too much attention.

I don't know how crimes ever got solved before cell phone pings, dna and video surveillance cameras!

My opinion as well. Especially with his interview comment 'I just really want her to be found.' Or something like that. moo
I think that quote is telling, I've seen interviews with people who were later found to be guilty who say things that sound innocent but are actually their subconscious talking. There is probably a name for it, I really think EA is showing he's guilty. JMO

Yes. But I also believe the priest would counsel the penitent to do what is also further morally right and bring whatever peace is possible to Christina & her family.
But I fear that EA will feel if he confesses to the priest, that he is free & clear as far as God goes & won't want to suffer the consequences of what will come from a public confession. Personally, I doubt this mindset does make him free & clear with God. JMO

Yes Jazz & Bluepoppy,
I find it highly ironic that we now see a priest that is visiting him. I'm catholic and confession is sacred to some people. I'm not sure if this was the suggestion of his parents or from EA own request. I believe that if a priest knew what really happened, he would highly suggest and counsel EA to speak the truth to give everyone peace. I am hopeful to know he is speaking with this priest. If EA has enough courage to tell him the truth and ask for forgiveness, I believe he will finally confess to CM mother if no one else.

I believe this is the likely scenario. I just can't see whether it occurred in the garage or later (return to the Shops?). That return trip baffles me. Why return? And probably not even go to the garage, just the general area.

I really think he was planning to leave her in the parking garage, but changed his mind for some reason.

I edited my post to remove reference to not believing he would leave Christina close to Allen, after I realized there was a search taking place in Allen today. It seemed to be discouraging, which was not my intention.

In any event, AE is not too smart, so who knows what his thought process was. I don't believe he had her in the trunk when he was at the Kroger gas station, as he had already vacuumed his vehicle, and was using the squeegee at that time.

if the searchers meet in Allen, does that mean that they will only search in Allen? Maybe they will search somewhere between EA's home and where he works in Wylie.
Also, how do you know his car was vacuumed already?

I'm also still wondering if a grand jury will be called where more evidence will be presented and/or witnesses questioned that will result in EA realizing his best option is to fess up! I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the next step in the legal process. Remember he has not been indicted yet.

Well, I don't even have a cell phone, and I know that they ping at cell towers (maybe because that comes up so often on websleuths). He was a sprint manager, so I'm assuming he knew that, but in the heat of the moment, wasn't paying too much attention.

I don't know how crimes ever got solved before cell phone pings, dna and video surveillance cameras!

Assuming he did know about pings, maybe he thought her phone was dead since she had asked to use his to contact HF, but at some point saw that it was still on and realized it would have been pinging towers all along his route.

Possibly why he lied about the route he took home, thinking they'd pull ping data from the wrong towers maybe?

I really think he was planning to leave her in the parking garage, but changed his mind for some reason.
Perhaps he returned to place her in a dumpster near the SOL in order to distance himself and infer she was not taken far if she was found.

I agree.
He's not very bright and didnt realize cameras were watching him so i'm not shocked that he returned to the shops. I'm thinking, after the offense, he was going to put her back in or near her car but got spooked by the "security" people leaving the garage. He already had in his head that he left her at the sidewalk and kept walking to the other parking garage like he wasnt on camera and would never get caught. I dont think he ever realized being the last person to be seen with her would ever make him look guilty until way after the fact and the spanish family friend had to educate him on how guilty that makes someone look. I wouldn be surprised if he didnt drive around for days with her in the trunk. He clearly thinks he's out smarted everyone at this/that point. This is what makes me think Sr. had to have helped. EA jr. is just not bright enough to hide her alone unless he put her and all her belongings in a trash compactor at the shops and got extremely lucky because the cameras werent working. But then i have to remember he was shop vac ing his car at work so my guess is that he was cleaning up mud/dirt from the unknown males shoes on the passanger side, which brings me back to having someones help.

I agree.
He's not very bright and didnt realize cameras were watching him so i'm not shocked that he returned to the shops. I'm thinking, after the offense, he was going to put her back in or near her car but got spooked by the "security" people leaving the garage. He already had in his head that he left her at the sidewalk and kept walking to the other parking garage like he wasnt on camera and would never get caught. I dont think he ever realized being the last person to be seen with her would ever make him look guilty until way after the fact and the spanish family friend had to educate him on how guilty that makes someone look. I wouldn be surprised if he didnt drive around for days with her in the trunk. He clearly thinks he's out smarted everyone at this/that point. This is what makes me think Sr. had to have helped. EA jr. is just not bright enough to hide her alone unless he put her and all her belongings in a trash compactor at the shops and got extremely lucky because the cameras werent working. But then i have to remember he was shop vac ing his car at work so my guess is that he was cleaning up mud/dirt from the unknown males shoes on the passanger side, which brings me back to having someones help.

I must have missed an earlier post. How do we know he shop vacumning his car?

Yes Jazz & Bluepoppy,
I find it highly ironic that we now see a priest that is visiting him. I'm catholic and confession is sacred to some people. I'm not sure if this was the suggestion of his parents or from EA own request. I believe that if a priest knew what really happened, he would highly suggest and counsel EA to speak the truth to give everyone peace. I am hopeful to know he is speaking with this priest. If EA has enough courage to tell him the truth and ask for forgiveness, I believe he will finally confess to CM mother if no one else.

Would EA's visits with the priest be recorded? Monitored? I think the only visits and phone calls that would not be monitored/recorded would be with his attorney. Does anyone know?

EA wont say anything till he is charged with murder!
So far he is charged with Agg Kidnapping. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member