TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there concrete proof that he was in that car and driving it at the time of the accident? Did he stop to gas up and get a cup of coffee to go, leave the store and was carjacked? Could he be somewhere else and the carjacker be the one who wrecked the car and wandered off?

The search of a pond near Luling fails to provide any answers as to the location of missing Texas state university student #JasonLandry The search will continue with the investigation being taken over by the CaldwellCo sheriffs office.
View attachment 276100 View attachment 276101
https://twitter.com/koskionfox7/status/1340045779164127232?s=21
Is this the pond the dogs led them to in the two photos attached to the post I quoted above?

Thanks for posting this @MassGuy & for bringing it up, @mlhenn! :D

It’s a pond being drained, so it must be the pond that was drained. (Brilliant!) IMO, it may be representative of some the larger ponds in the area. A few thoughts:
  • It’s deeper than I had thought — maybe 8 feet where the pole man is standing if it had been full? (I’m terrible at guesstimating height/depth).
  • The pole man does seem to be standing in some muck - maybe 6-8 inches?
  • The drop in depth at the shoreline looks steeper than I would have thought, especially if the water was a couple of feet below shore’s edge due to dry season.
  • There’s mounds of fresh dirt in both photos showing the pond. Was it recently dug or dredged? It seems like more dirt than you’d need to move for draining it.
  • Looks like the middle area of the pond that’s cut off in the photo with the pole man is basically a pile of muck and debris coated in muck. I can see why they weren’t definite in saying he wasn’t there because anything that was submerged in that would be difficult to find, and I’m not sure they could completely drain it due to deeper spots.
  • In both pond photos, it looks like there’s some significant water moving - more than I’d expect from draining activities. I continue to wonder if there is a ditch connecting any of these ponds or anything else that could cause a current.
  • It seems there was shrubby brush and trees lining the pond (which makes me think it isn’t newly dug), and someone walking at night would have to push their way through. I wouldn’t expect a clear-thinking person to do that, but all bets are off with someone who might be injured.
  • I hate to think of him stumbling off one of those dirt mounds into the pond. It would be easy to be submerged and the shock of the cold water would knock your breath out. But again, maybe the fresh dirt wasn’t there?

• I’ve had the ignominious experience of stumbling into a half-filled ditch at night after a minor bike accident, and it’s disorienting. Also surprising how quickly clothes get weighted by water. I slid down the slope feet first and wasn’t submerged, but it was difficult climbing back out with the slope and the slickness of the vegetation. I hope that wasn’t his fate, and I’m hoping he is found today.

Is there concrete proof that he was in that car and driving it at the time of the accident? Did he stop to gas up and get a cup of coffee to go, leave the store and was carjacked? Could he be somewhere else and the carjacker be the one who wrecked the car and wandered off?
I don’t think this can be taken off the list, but then what would the motive have been for the carjackers? They didn’t seem to take his valuables from the car, and they wrecked and ditched the car (a red herring for where Jason is?) so the only real motive I can think of is Jason himself. Like someone wanted him gone and then made it appear he wrecked and is lost out there? I don’t think this is likely, but who knows.

The only other (unlikely) motives I can think of for a “carjacking” is for a joyride or getaway car for another crime or something else in the car that WAS taken, but we just don’t know what that is? I think these are far fetched.

"Sheriff’s deputies traveled to the Houston area on Wednesday to meet with Landry’s relatives and retrieve some items of evidence that had been in the missing man’s vehicle. Miller said that Landry’s cell phone is locked, and because of the type of security code he uses, it may take months to unlock it.

But the sheriff’s sergeant said he expects that cell phone and other relevant data will be retrievable through “blanket subpoenas” to technology companies like Facebook and Google, where Landry’s data is likely stored on the cloud."

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Texas State student Jason Landry face hurdles as physical search ends

As an adult, prudent to have in your home a file which has passcodes. MOO And tell distant family member that you trust where that is in your home.

MOO

Can someone refresh. Is his an iphone/Apple vs. Droid as they may have different rules from past cases as to getting information for exigent circumstances.

I would think at least they can get cell tower dumps and pings, which we've already heard some of.

perhaps the cell carrier has more info to glean?

Last edited:
I would like to know more about the clothes. What items of clothing were found and were they strewn about the site or were they neatly placed?

Who saw him last? What was he wearing? Does he live alone off campus? As others have said, did his parents expect him that night?

I think it’s kind of odd that we don’t even know for sure if he was even in his car. I guess we will eventually know if that was his blood.

This ‘feels’ like a missing 411.

I don’t think this can be taken off the list, but then what would the motive have been for the carjackers? They didn’t seem to take his valuables from the car, and they wrecked and ditched the car (a red herring for where Jason is?) so the only real motive I can think of is Jason himself. Like someone wanted him gone and then made it appear he wrecked and is lost out there? I don’t think this is likely, but who knows.

The only other (unlikely) motives I can think of for a “carjacking” is for a joyride or getaway car for another crime or something else in the car that WAS taken, but we just don’t know what that is? I think these are far fetched.

I just cannot wrap my theory in this case to anything to suggest to others. Although, his phone was (my term, is this correct????) In a place he put to hide? Then again, in an accident it would perhaps go all over the place. Wasn't something not under the seats, but shoved in somewhere... geez, I'm getting cases mixed up again.

I would like to know more about the clothes. What items of clothing were found and were they strewn about the site or were they neatly placed?

Who saw him last? What was he wearing? Does he live alone off campus? As others have said, did his parents expect him that night?

I think it’s kind of odd that we don’t even know for sure if he was even in his car. I guess we will eventually know if that was his blood.

This ‘feels’ like a missing 411.
It would be important to know where the blood is, like on the inside roof of the car or the side window or on the passenger side. It might tell where he was in the car if it is his blood. And, if it is not his blood, it tells a lot more.

Last edited:
I just cannot wrap my theory in this case to anything to suggest to others. Although, his phone was (my term, is this correct????) In a place he put to hide? Then again, in an accident it would perhaps go all over the place. Wasn't something not under the seats, but shoved in somewhere... geez, I'm getting cases mixed up again.
I think it was reported that the phone was lodged between the seats? I’ll see if I can find it.

Was his laptop mentioned as being in the car? I would think he would have had it with him if he was going to be home for a couple of weeks on break.
I haven’t seen that reported anywhere, but I would also expect it to be with him in the car if he were traveling home for the holidays.

If it’s an iPhone you get locked out after so many wrong attempts for a certain amount time, and if you get it wrong again, even more time
Hopefully they haven’t locked it out for months. They can read the warnings so i assume they did not get to that point

I know, what kind of security was he using?! Must be beyond a usual lock code?

Even if it's merely a 4-digit passcode, it could take months, due to the security measures put in place by both Apple and Google/Android. After "X" number of attempts, the device is locked for a certain period of time. When one considers all the various combinations/permutations of 4-digit passcodes (10k, in all), it could indeed take months of round-the-clock attempts at unlocking the device -- and even more time, if he used a 6-digit passcode.

OTOH, if he used a pattern-type security measure it would, in theory, be easier to crack, due to the lower (by orders of magnitude) total possible pattern combinations/permutations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne