TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds as though his father left from Missouri City right after getting that 2 a.m. phone call., to make his way to Luling.

Didn't KL mention getting to the area around 5 a.m.? What time did KL say he got to Salt Flat Road? The car had already been towed at that point, because he had to wait until 7 a.m. for the lot to open. . . So he made his way to Salt Flat Road in the meantime? Was anyone else there? Is that when KL found the clothes still on the road?

Did anyone go looking around for Jason before the car (with the lights on) got towed?

When were the dogs brought in?

<moo>
Yes, he said he left home about 30 minutes after the call came in. I thought about that feeling a lot since listening to the interview. I can’t imagine it. Dead tired I’m sure as this was 2 am after I’m sure he preached a full day Sunday. At first he’s probably wondering what has happened. Did my kid make a mistake and he’s not wanting to tell me about it and he is with a friend. I bet he was hoping that someone else was in the car with him. Where was he going? and I bet he had no idea the severity of it. But his mind was probably racing with the possibilities. But at first it was probably more about I know my son needs me and I have to get there and be there and find him. Then it’s what kind of mistake had my kid made- was he drinking and driving or what? Because logically that would be the only thing that would make sense for a kid not to call after having an accident. Or maybe if they had loaned their car out to someone else.

I can’t imagine how he felt to trying get to the site of the accident and his wife having to call the officer and wake him up to find out where the accident scene was and then on his way there discover his sons clothes in the road. At that moment I’m sure he did not know those were the clothes his son was wearing but I can’t imagine the feeling of helplessness of being there all alone with no support from anyone. I’ll never understand it.

Yes, he said he left home about 30 minutes after the call came in. I thought about that feeling a lot since listening to the interview. I can’t imagine it. Dead tired I’m sure as this was 2 am after I’m sure he preached a full day Sunday. At first he’s probably wondering what has happened. Did my kid make a mistake and he’s not wanting to tell me about it and he is with a friend. I bet he was hoping that someone else was in the car with him. Where was he going? and I bet he had no idea the severity of it. But his mind was probably racing with the possibilities. But at first it was probably more about I know my son needs me and I have to get there and be there and find him. Then it’s what kind of mistake had my kid made- was he drinking and driving or what? Because logically that would be the only thing that would make sense for a kid not to call after having an accident. Or maybe if they had loaned their car out to someone else.

I can’t imagine how he felt to trying get to the site of the accident and his wife having to call the officer and wake him up to find out where the accident scene was and then on his way there discover his sons clothes in the road. At that moment I’m sure he did not know those were the clothes his son was wearing but I can’t imagine the feeling of helplessness of being there all alone with no support from anyone. I’ll never understand it.

He might have known pretty quickly those were his son's clothes though. I'm sure he recognized the shirt, since it was a camp shirt, from where his son had worked (Camp Cho-Yeh). You can see that camp's name on Jason's FB:

Jason Landry

He might have known pretty quickly those were his son's clothes though. I'm sure he recognized the shirt, since it was a camp shirt, from where his son had worked (Camp Cho-Yeh). You can see that camp's name on Jason's FB:

Jason Landry
Oh, He said he knew they were his clothes. What I meant is that he likely did not realize they were what he was last wearing. Well on second thought he probably realized that pretty fast too considering it was slides, socks, watch, underwear, shorts and shirt. But, really not confirmation that is what he was wearing until the last pictures of him surfaced. Devastating to see. And still crazier with all that, with the dad finding the clothes in the road like that, they were just released to him. Not taken for evidence or anything.

It sounds as though his father left from Missouri City right after getting that 2 a.m. phone call., to make his way to Luling.

Didn't KL mention getting to the area around 5 a.m.? What time did KL say he got to Salt Flat Road? The car had already been towed at that point, because he had to wait until 7 a.m. for the lot to open. . . So he made his way to Salt Flat Road in the meantime? Was anyone else there? Is that when KL found the clothes still on the road?

Did anyone go looking around for Jason before the car (with the lights on) got towed?

When were the dogs brought in?

<moo>

BBM

he said around 6 am. That's when he took the photo of the two sets of tracks. You can see it's light out though the sun hasn't risen yet - nautical twilight was 6:21 am that day.

Oh, He said he knew they were his clothes. What I meant is that he likely did not realize they were what he was last wearing. Well on second thought he probably realized that pretty fast too considering it was slides, socks, watch, underwear, shorts and shirt. But, really not confirmation that is what he was wearing until the last pictures of him surfaced. Devastating to see. And still crazier with all that, with the dad finding the clothes in the road like that, they were just released to him. Not taken for evidence or anything.
I wonder why LE didn’t take the clothes off the road along with the backpack? I’m positive now that they saw them in the road. Why would they just leave them there?

I just thought maybe he turned it off for the same reason that I do. I don't have unlimited data, so I turn things like Google maps on and off intermittently.

I also thought he might have switched to Snapchat at the red light... and then when the light turned green, he quickly put the phone down and started driving. Might have intended to turn Waze back on at some point but never got the chance (especially if he accidentally dropped it between the seat at that point).

I also thought he might have switched to Snapchat at the red light... and then when the light turned green, he quickly put the phone down and started driving. Might have intended to turn Waze back on at some point but never got the chance (especially if he accidentally dropped it between the seat at that point).
That’s what I was thinking. Also we don’t know if he actually needed directions or if he was was mainly using Waze that night for accident/cop warnings. So not urgent to turn it back on if you know where you’re going.

I wonder why LE didn’t take the clothes off the road along with the backpack? I’m positive now that they saw them in the road. Why would they just leave them there?
It's a big red flag if somebody does that after a crash. Takes their clothes off, I mean.
Cold dark windy night and a vehicle with out of town plates... it indicates the driver is in serious danger.
A call would have obtained his number... his name...
Did anybody even call his name?

It's a big red flag if somebody does that after a crash. Takes their clothes off, I mean.
Cold dark windy night and a vehicle with out of town plates... it indicates the driver is in serious danger.
A call would have obtained his number... his name...
Did anybody even call his name?

How would they know those were the clothes he was wearing though, at that point, and took off after the crash?

Those could've been anyone's clothes. They weren't even appropriate for the weather that day.

Last edited:
How would they know those were the clothes he was wearing though, and took off after the crash?

Those could've been anyone's clothes. They weren't even appropriate for the weather that day.
well, part of investigating an accident is to have a good look around.
If they had looked they would have found them and found his watch...
Was his vehicle already towed away by the time the trooper arrived at 1,30AM?

How would they know those were the clothes he was wearing though, at that point, and took off after the crash?

I think they absolutely knew they were his clothes. They were near the backpack, and they were an entire outfit down to the underwear—not just a random shirt on the side of the road.
I’m sorry, I didn’t intend to derail the thread on this topic again. I doubt it will help find Jason, but I just think it’s odd they left them in the middle of the road, that’s all. :)

Did anyone know what was programmed into Waze as his destination for that trip. Or is it just assumed that it was his home address?

I don't believe we know that unless I missed it which is entirely possible. But my guess it was programmed for the intersection where he then turned it off and opened SnapChat. Possibly for further directions by whomever it is he was Snapchatting with (Might have used SnapMap at that point). He might have been told to go there and then do that for reasons unknown to us at this time.

Does it make sense? No, not without more information. But just because something doesn't make sense due to not knowing everything about the topic or situation... doesn't mean it can't be true. Stranger things have happened...

Last edited:
I think they absolutely knew they were his clothes. They were near the backpack, and they were an entire outfit down to the underwear—not just a random shirt on the side of the road.
I’m sorry, I didn’t intend to derail the thread on this topic again. I doubt it will help find Jason, but I just think it’s odd they left them in the middle of the road, that’s all. :)
You didn't derail anything.
I was 100% SURE A REALLY THOROUGH FULL INVESTIGATION had been carried out from the outset.
We were told of all the teams assisting and they were all excellent.
I did not have the faintest idea that anything at all was remiss with the initial call out.

It is deeply shocking to learn how it really went down.
Well worthy of repeated discussion.

Did anyone know what was programmed into Waze as his destination for that trip. Or is it just assumed that it was his home address?
Since they don’t have access to his phone, they probably do not have that info. I would think Waze would be one of the apps they’re trying to gets warrants for? It would tell so much!

Last edited:

I don't think you are derailing the thread. I think the clothes are important.

Could he possibly have put the clothes and backpack down on the road... before the wreck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn