Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to that article:
Rudy was " set to testify as a witness in an important criminal case" in two weeks.
It seems that coupled with his recent losses would be a great deal for a 17 year old with depression and anxiety to deal with. Hoping he's found soon.
MOO… with the recent articles suggesting Rudy was never missing I have been trying to figure out why keep this up for 8 years. Money and attention didn’t seem to be flowing in in recent years. I wonder if whatever important criminal case he was a witness to had a statue of limitations of say 7 or 8 years…

MOO… with the recent articles suggesting Rudy was never missing I have been trying to figure out why keep this up for 8 years. Money and attention didn’t seem to be flowing in in recent years. I wonder if whatever important criminal case he was a witness to had a statue of limitations of say 7 or 8 years…
Curious, I looked it up and found this https://www.findlaw.com/state/texas-law/texas-criminal-statute-of-limitations-laws.html

Interesting which crimes in the state of Texas fall into the 7 year category:

• Misapplication of fiduciary property or property of a financial institution: 7 years.
  • Execution of document by deception: 7 years.
  • Money laundering: 7 years.
  • Certain tax crimes: 7 years.
  • Fraud: 7 years.
  • Identity theft: 7 years.
  • Credit card or debit card abuse: 7 years.
  • Exploitation of a child or elderly person: 7 years.
  • Bigamy: 7 years.

Public records (available to everyone, I used FamilySearch) show he was an adult when he went missing.
He was 18, not 17.
I wonder if 1997 was a typo and everone else went with it, or if whoever reported him missing made him younger to make sure there would be attention... ?
LE may have known he wasn't 17 and that's why they didn't do much.
Maybe they could tell his mother was wacky so ignored her going on about an adult.

Y’all the neighbor saying he was never missing really threw me for a curveball. Not at all what I expected to see as an update to this case. Seriously wtf.

I don’t think he could have possibly been held captive if he was free to come and go from the house as he pleased and hang out with the neighbors. But that makes it a lot weirder

IMO

Do we know the source of the hospital bed photo? Reverse Google image? Generic hospital room. No real identifying features of the individual or facility. Doesn't appear to be a LE photo (because I'd expect to see more person, less sheet); not a hospital staff photo, HIPPA. not a journalist, surely. So family? No straight on photo of his injuries? To gain community support and media attention, in order to canvas wide for tips?

I hope LE is hot on this.

Jmo
Doesn’t really look like a 25 yr old man’s foot either.

If he was living with his mom all along, it sounds like he was being abused. His physical condition when found recently was not good. Did these neighbors notice he was in poor health?

Such a strange, strange case.

This is also discouraging

no urgency? So they must think he was a runaway vs a human trafficking victim or abused by his own mother?

This is the only thing about this story I don’t find strange. imo

agreed, the only part of this crime that makes any real sense. Is it possible the mother is mentally ill and hid her own son? Did he visit the neighbors when she wasn't home?
Did she hide him because she is mentally ill or collecting funds?

Finally caught up and... I'm more confused now than when I started.

Is the young man in the video Rudy? I thought he looked like Pedro Pascal.
If it's Rudy, how in the world did he end up across the street a few hours later, all beaten up?
How did the mother get to him before LE did, and then take him home?
How did she even know he'd been found, to be able to arrive before LE did?
Or have I read that wrong and she arrived after they did, and then took him home?
Non-verbal folks don't tell you they're someone else with a different age so... what's the real story there?
I could go on with my questions but I think the most important thing is to get that young man out of that house and get him some qualified, professional help.

jmo

The police need to question him separately from his MOTHER.
Why are they waiting to investigate?

Another neighbor, who asked to remain anonymous, said he’d seen Farias living at his mother’s home for years.

“I was just shocked someone over here was missing, and we see him,” he said. “It’s shocking to everyone.”

As CrimeOnline reported, someone reportedly found Farias lying unresponsive outside of the Immaculate Heart Church in southeast Houston on Thursday. He had cuts, bruising, and a bloody head. Houston police said he had a family member’s identification with him, which enabled investigators to contact his mother.

According to KTRK, Farias refused to be transported to the hospital by ambulance — which his mother agreed to. She later showed photos to the station of Farias in a hospital bed, saying she had taken him to a hospital. She told the station he had been uncommunicative since he was found, sometimes saying a few words but then curling into a fetal position.

Houston police said they have not yet spoken with him, although they are scheduled to do so on Wednesday.

He said he had lost a brother in a motorcycle accident,” Ross said. “I know when he was thinking about his brother, he wouldn’t come to hang out; he would go and sit there in the back in the woods by himself.”‘

Farias’s mother told KTRK that the neighbors had seen her nephew and not her son in the neighborhood. She shared a photo of the nephew, but when the neighbors saw it, they said that was not the same man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader