Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for bringing this up. I went through a time in my life when I was in a DV situation, and while it took me some time, I did get out. Those who didn't get out, are his kids. Now 18, 19, 13 and 11 now. He has full custody and is neglectful and abusive. The only time they ever has any semblance of normal was after their father abandoned them here when he finally left. But I could not keep them, for my own safety, they kept allowing him back inside which was leading to further abuse. They didn't have a choice but to obey him
But they can't leave. There is nowhere for them to go. Not one family member will risk his wrath if they run, and they have been Noncontact with him for over 10 years, so they have no concept of just how bad it is in that house.

They were isolated and not in school their entire lives and know nothing but living s home of violence and drugs, along with chronic homelessness...so they don't know HOW to leave. They don't get friends outside the family until they hit around age 18, so that is 18 years of brainwashing to keep them handicapped. (He kept them for the welfare money and section 8)

This is just one example of how a parent abuser can manipulate and control adult children
You nailed it with the statement an abused, manipulated person doesn't know HOW to leave. Where would Rudy have gone? On the streets? How could he get a job without being able to give his ID and without proof of education, job history, etc. He was in an impossible situation and his mother created that situation. jmo

All signs point to the mother keeping Rudy under her control at all times, abusing and brainwashing and manipulating him towards not only distrust LE but also fear LE.

It sounds like LE has been in contact with them for a while and they never relaved it was Rudy. So, what changed now? Did Rudy tell LE his real name this time because his mother wasn't there to pressure him to keep the charade going? It sort of looks like that.

It's interesting that he wouldn't talk much in the mother's presence and then talk plenty when she was removed. It's so obvious that he has been abused this whole time. Poor guy.

And WHY did she keep going? She wasn't getting a whole lot of money or attention. Rudy's case was never high profile.

And WHY did she keep going? She wasn't getting a whole lot of money or attention. Rudy's case was never high profile.
Snipped.

My hunch, given the glimpses of the mom's character, is that she had several frauds going for decades, not just Rudy's disappearance. She did get some fund-raising from the disappearance (and perhaps thought she could cash in on a story of his discovery for all we know), but his disappearance might be connected to other money-making schemes we don't know about yet. I'm sure her finances are a tangle. My opinion only.

The weird thing is that frauds and hoaxes are soooo much more work than just being honest. I'll never understand the urge to grift.

jmo

His half-brother was killed in a motorcycle accident in 2011 and his father, a Houston cop, died by suicide after he was fired for a ticket-rigging scheme uncovered by KHOU 11 Investigates.

Updated: 10:08 AM CDT July 7, 2023

HOUSTON — Long before Rudolph "Rudy" Farias was reported missing in 2015 when he was 17, he had already endured more tragedies and heartache than most kids his age.

A good Samaritan found Rudy in front of a Houston church on June 29 and called police.

[..] A week later, HPD announced that Farias had not been missing for the last eight years after all. They said he returned to his mom's house the day after she reported him missing, but she continued to deceive police all these years.

All signs point to the mother keeping Rudy under her control at all times, abusing and brainwashing and manipulating him towards not only distrust LE but also fear LE.

It sounds like LE has been in contact with them for a while and they never relaved it was Rudy. So, what changed now? Did Rudy tell LE his real name this time because his mother wasn't there to pressure him to keep the charade going? It sort of looks like that.

It's interesting that he wouldn't talk much in the mother's presence and then talk plenty when she was removed. It's so obvious that he has been abused this whole time. Poor guy.

Did he have assets or life insurance and she was preparing to have him declared deceased, after 7+ years? $urely she had an angle....

Jmo

Did he have assets or life insurance and she was preparing to have him declared deceased, after 7+ years? $urely she had an angle....

Jmo
He was the beneficiary of his brother's life insurance policy. I read somewhere that if he was not found after three years that the policy would revert to her. In my opinion, this was her original angle but then she realized that she was in too deep. I don't think she anticipated anyone ever truly finding out that he was alive and in her home the entire time.

Given how extensively the mom has been proven to have lied, I'm questioning everything at this point. For example, I'm not even sure he was located by a "good Samaritan" given his mom was there before responders.
Yep, that has been on my mind too. And if (big IF) that is true, does that mean she orchestrated him being at the church? Or was he there on his own??

jmo

Yep, that has been on my mind too. And if (big IF) that is true, does that mean she orchestrated him being at the church? Or was he there on his own??

jmo

It sounds like he did try to leave when he wrecked her car, some time before his "discovery". If so, why didn't LE recognize who he was when they investigated the car accident? Or was the car accident not investigated?

More questions than answers with this case.

It sounds like he did try to leave when he wrecked her car, some time before his "discovery". If so, why didn't LE recognize who he was when they investigated the car accident? Or was the car accident not investigated?

More questions than answers with this case.
Yes, the story about him crashing the car might be right. If so, what's the car in her driveway that has been pictured in media? There is a dent in the car door, fwiw.

But, a good Samaritan finding a person at a church door is just so.....story-like. It's like the two dogs coming home without Rudy, Rudy finding his way home from Mexico by following the moonlight, etc. The stories are tropes.

I am not ready to completely doubt the church story, but I'm skeptical. I'm skeptical of absolutely everything except that Rudy was reported missing in 2015 and he wasn't missing at all. Those two facts are ALL I am believing at the moment.

jmo

Ready for more twists?

"The embattled mom of 'missing' Rudy Farias was accused of bigamy by a former husband who demanded an annulment just a year into their marriage, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Gilbert Quiroz claimed that he wed Janie Santana on October 23, 2012, only to discover she was legally married to 'at least one' of five other possible spouses."

This is INSANITY!

I doubt he stole and wrecked mom's car. QX claimed Rudy stole his mother's car to get away from her last week, but he crashed it and ended bloody outside the church. I believe recent photos of mom's car were posted and car appeared in fine condition.
moo

Given how extensively the mom has been proven to have lied, I'm questioning everything at this point. For example, I'm not even sure he was located by a "good Samaritan" given his mom was there before responders.
I wish this person would come forward if they actually exist. Heck, I'd take it being confirmed by media even if the person doesn't release identifying details (name, etc.)

Makes me wonder if mom set the whole thing up, hoping to get donations for him under the guise of him needing care long-term from the trauma he sustained by the kidnappers (read that with dripping sarcasm because it's there... I think he is absolutely a victim, but do not believe anything else here)

Yep.
Am overworking the "wow" emoji reaction !
This case appears to have been mishandled by nearly everyone involved.
It looks like there is a connection between this young man's 'missing' status and events that happened in his family, like no one wants this to go public ?
Except that the more it's suppressed , the more it's becoming a story.
My .02.

I can see Netflix creating a series about this case it goes right in with the true crime theme The Curious Case of Natalia Grace.

FWIW I think we're seeing a convergence of bias and semantics.

There are many who think captive means restraints, but the most insidious abuse IMO is when the victim is free to leave/get help but doesn't-- because of the overwhelming, pervasive grooming/gaslighting/mind-bending that leave a victim unsure of which way is up. Parentalizing a child adds the unfair burden of the emotional management of the adult victimizer. "You're bad if you don't meet my emotional needs."

Based on the various interviews to date, I'm of the opinion that Rudy is a victim of emotional, financial and sexual abuse -- while simultaneously having absorbed responsibility for it and for his mother, and while he courageously wanted to break free of, he didn't have the heart to get his mom in trouble. Ah, the art of the abuser. "You're the bad one of you tell." And for that reason -- his tragic allegiance to his captor -- that he skirted the phrase 'sexual abuse' -- because them thar's fighting words and she'd have been arrested and stayed arrested, and while we might want that, he doesn't, as he's been trained to keep her secrets. Stockholmy.

WE can read between lines, O can read between lines (daddy, nudity, showering, kissing -- paints a pretty clear picture) -- she didn't "respect his boundaries" -- That's euphemistic if ever there were euphemisms.

I think OUR confusion on the thread here is HIS confusion. He's still trying to protect his victimizer. That happens. Sadly.

IMO he did reveal a lot. Enough to establish distance, in his mind, but stopped short of the charge which she be arrested for. At 14, he likely was well aware how wrong it was but even then I bet the grooming started much earlier and she made what's wrong right and right wrong at a time when he had few resources and fewer recourse. He was captive. She was the offender but she convinced a mere child to be her emotional crutch. So so so wrong and altogether criminal.

it may take him decades to unpack the depravity of what was done to him. Not just to his body but to his psyche. I hope he will take full advantages of resources now, including legal counsel, so he can break all the way free of the harm and headgames he's endured, by learning that, if she goes to prison, he didn't cause that; she did.

Perhaps one day righteous anger will boil up in his belly once he realizes what all was stolen from him, that he might confront it, testify against it and conquer it.

Jmo

This tracks with severe trauma bonding, PTSD, and generational abuse.
I know a victim of childhood SA but she refuses to do anything except defend her own Father, even though he abused her.

QX's interview with Fox 26.

QX says here that at one point after his meeting with RF, they were standing at the door and Janie started badgering RF, "What did you tell them, what did you tell them? If you tell them about what I did to you, tell them about the abuse, I'll kill myself." He said several of them there heard this, heard her say that if he didn't change his story she would kill herself.

QX also repeated what he said earlier, that she convinced him there were warrants out for his arrest for running away. And that Janie gave RF drugs, including mushrooms, and that she would get high with him.

He also says he has "proof" of what was said, but wouldn't specify. (Secret recording?)

<modsnip - not an approved source>

IMO, while I don't agree with QX's tactics, I do believe he's being honest. But unless he got RF's permission to go public with everything said, he shouldn't have done so. jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered that as well. And why Rudy would suddenly start talking to a stranger about his SA, in such depth and so quickly, with a LE in the room that he was supposedly terrified of? QX said he was there to help, but how could Rudy be sure of his intentions?

Moo. But I’ve never been a big fan of QX’s methods.
IMO, I think Rudy may have felt intimidated with only cops there questioning him, especially if it’s true that his mom had been trying to convince him he’d get in trouble if he was found. And if what QX said is true, it sounds like he was worried about his mom going to jail too. I think QX being there and saying, “I am not a police officer and I’m here to help you,” may have made Rudy feel more comfortable and less like he was getting in trouble. This would also make sense if it’s true that he did first ask to speak to QX alone.

JMO

QX's interview with Fox 26.

QX says here that at one point after his meeting with RF, they were standing at the door and Janie started badgering RF, "What did you tell them, what did you tell them? If you tell them about what I did to you, tell them about the abuse, I'll kill myself." He said several of them there heard this, heard her say that if he didn't change his story she would kill herself.

QX also repeated what he said earlier, that she convinced him there were warrants out for his arrest for running away. And that Janie gave RF drugs, including mushrooms, and that she would get high with him.

He also says he has "proof" of what was said, but wouldn't specify. (Secret recording?)

<modsnip - not an approved source>

IMO, while I don't agree with QX's tactics, I do believe he's being honest. But unless he got RF's permission to go public with everything said, he shouldn't have done so. jmo
I have to say as well that I think he is being honest here
Snipped.

My hunch, given the glimpses of the mom's character, is that she had several frauds going for decades, not just Rudy's disappearance. She did get some fund-raising from the disappearance (and perhaps thought she could cash in on a story of his discovery for all we know), but his disappearance might be connected to other money-making schemes we don't know about yet. I'm sure her finances are a tangle. My opinion only.

The weird thing is that frauds and hoaxes are soooo much more work than just being honest. I'll never understand the urge to grift.

jmo
She seems to be a combination of a grifter and an attention-seeker. JMO

Edit: didn’t mean to quote both these in the same post; oh well

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics