TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So tomorrow is Sunday. Wonder if LE will be crawling all over that church service?
I gotta :eek:fftobed: Please everyone stop posting until 6 am . TIA :D

I just watched the interview with SIL for the first time. It's clearly stated in here that an officer called BB to tell him Missy was dead. It appears the previous calls to him from the friend/camper had reayed she was in an "accident." Not sure where y'all are getting that he was told by a camper that Missy was dead? I think that's inaccurate info that's just continued to balloon over the pages ...

The friend who called her was a camper.

I re watched it and it looks like, to me, that when the reporter asked about the tool being a murder weapon, the sergeant on the right shakes his head no. (It's around the 3 minute 42 second mark where he shakes his head.)
I don't know if this was what the poster was referring to?
IMOO.

Personally I don't see the point of op bringing it up in the first place, if she isn't going to actually tell us what she sees. We could go around and around guessing. pointless.

This sheds more light on the camper who arrived early, which to me makes it even more curious:

The same article also adds this, but this may have changed as the article is from days ago:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492
So the person who said they arrived at 4:35 waited outside presumably under the cover. That seems even more strange that you'd wait outside, unless you expected to find something bad where you either knew what was inside or you are scared to go in alone. Was this person noticing Missy wasn't bringing stuff in? Were they not calling out to her during this time? Based on the quote it sounds like the one who supposedly got there at 4:35 is also the one who first located the body.

Maybe the routine is; Missy unlocks church, uses the bathroom then unloads car. The person waiting in car may have been waiting for Missy to come out from the church/bathroom to help her unload the car. Probably waits in car looking at Facebook, thinking maybe Missy is having GI issues and is taking longer. Eventually they go in and find her.

http://articles.philly.com/2008-12-...springfield-township-church-edward-fonder-iii

Mary Jane Fonder, 66, the oldest woman to be convicted of first-degree murder in Bucks County, was sentenced to life in prison yesterday for fatally shooting a fellow congregant in the office of a Springfield Township church.
Motive: Jealousy.

Yeah, we said that about the Sandra Cantu case too.

Please remember. There are no absolutes in crimes. An open mind is the only way to successfully solve a case and/or to sleuth one.

Yep. As for a woman not kiling another woman, there are, sadly, plenty of such stories. There was a grandmother who shot her own daughter-in-law to death while disguised as a man:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joanna-hayes-trial-alleged-murder-daughter-law-target/story?id=13562734

And another older woman who bludgeoned her daughter-in-law to death with a hammer b/c she was "disrespectful" to her:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/w...daughterinlaw-with-hammer-20140514-zrcdl.html

Killers aren't like normal people - that's a given. So they don't fit typical behavior.

I really think along the way where the early camper waited has gotten misconstrued. I think when you hear them say waited outside...being in their car is implied. It was raining correct?

I agree. I have a gym class I go to at 5 am 4 days a week. I have a good friend who also goes and since I almost always get there early, I wait in my car for my friend to get there. I usually check my work email on my phone, play a game etc. I only signed up for the class, not to hang out with my trainer for half an hour before it starts.

Also, since there was so much talk about an 'accident' is it possible it did look like an accident until they went back and looked at video footage?

What is perplexing me is:if a person wanted it to look like a robbery gone awry, why not shoot the victim and just take her valuables? No need in being on video etc inside the building. It is like the perp is going to great lengths to make it "look" like a cop or a "man". It was like a big drama all played out. Wonder if it was to lure her inside to "talk" to her first. To let her know why she was being killed etc. I hope not. That would be beyond cold. This whole thing is so sad. And it really makes me mad and I want the perp caught, and executed for this heinous crime.

Some folks are questioning the 2 calls made to 911 at 5am from 2 separate campers at the same time.

Imo. Maybe camper 2 thought camper 1 could be whatever. And decided to call 911 as well to make sure just in case. Jmo

Safe than sorry.

Im a 911 operator and you wouldn't BELIEVE the number of people that do this! And standing right next to each other, both calling 911! I can here the other caller in my call AND my coworker responding to her next to me. I still don't understand why citizens do this but it happens several times a day. Off topic but it's a mess when we get fighting couples both calling on each other in the same room.
Im not surprised there were two callers when she was found

I agree. I have a gym class I go to at 5 am 4 days a week. I have a good friend who also goes and since I almost always get there early, I wait in my car for my friend to get there. I usually check my work email on my phone, play a game etc. I only signed up for the class, not to hang out with my trainer for half an hour before it starts.

Also, since there was so much talk about an 'accident' is it possible it did look like an accident until they went back and looked at video footage?

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

Waiting outside isn't weird if you only have a trainer-student relationship with the trainer, but the timeline made it seem like the person who sat and waited for 25 minutes was also the person well enough acquainted with the family to call Missy's husband before LE got to. Not implicating that person, btw, just questioning the timeline and where that info came from. [also whether she told him she was dead or in an 'accident' doesn't really matter either imo, it's the timeline that seemed off, not the actions of that person]

colette - your post is good, that could explain it. if you werne't expecting anything to be wrong and you had gone to look for her and didn't see her you might just think she was taking five in the bathroom and would just go back to your car.

That's what husbands are suppose to remind their spouses of. 4am is still nighttime. Especially if the kiddies are home alone.

Btw. Was the kiddies home alone? Or were they being supervised?

Yes, I assume they were home alone, sleeping. Guess I'm overprotective, but this concerned me from the beginning.

IMHO

EMS determined there were multiple signs of a 'struggle,' which they were the first responders before LE showed up.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

Thank you :)

Waiting outside isn't weird if you only have a trainer-student relationship with the trainer, but the timeline made it seem like the person who sat and waited for 25 minutes was also the person well enough acquainted with the family to call Missy's husband before LE got to. Not implicating that person, btw, just questioning the timeline and where that info came from.

colette - your post is good, that could explain it. if you werne't expecting anything to be wrong and you had gone to look for her and didn't see her you might just think she was taking five in the bathroom and would just go back to your car.

This is why I asked about it maybe looking like an accident before they saw the video footage. If they thought it was really an accident and didn't suspect any foul play they might have gone through her cell phone to get his number and call him, just a thought.

I really think along the way where the early camper waited has gotten misconstrued. I think when you hear them say waited outside...being in their car is implied. It was raining correct?

Yes it was raining.

I am personally not bothered by the fact of whether she told him it was an accident or a death, it's more the timeline issue of a close friend calling the husband (I don't think she did use Missy's phone (we were wondering about that yesterday but I think someone said the use of Missy's phone was never mentioned), she apparently used her own phone, meaning she had his number) but not going in to say hi to Missy. If the timeline for that 25 minutes is wrong then other parts of the timeline could be wrong. I've always only wondered if it wasn't that person who got there early, but someone else.

It's not even that big a deal, and there hasn't been any new info lately to clear it up either way.

So you think the camper lied to LE when they told LE they waited outside, but were really in their car? Why would someone lie about that? I do think the camper may be lying, but I don't know why someone would lie about being in their car drinking a coffee, especially when it can be verified by the others showing up whether this person was outside or not. It is the Police spokesman who said expressly said the camper was outside for 'a while.' Lying to police is prosecutable offense, so it would really draw my attention as to why they are lying.

^bbm^
I wonder if people saying ^ "outside" meant---
--- outside the bldg (camper could have been either inside or outside camper's car, just not inside bldg)
--- inside camper's car only.

Seems a camper who said 'I waited outside' could have meant the first; LEO hearing camper might have understood meaning as the second.
Or vice versa.

IDK. Lots of IDKs in this case. JM2cts.

SIL actually did say that one of the daughters would go to the early classes and that was one of her reasons for going over to the house was to see if the daughter was at the house, which it starts at about 1:18 in the middle video where she even says 'Thank God she was still in her bed':
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sl...ster-in-Law-Speaks-to-Dateline-376629821.html

Just watched the husband's video again. At about 18:00 or so someone asks him about the eldest daughter accompanying her mother to a camp. He agrees that she did but, to a 9:00 camp and denies the daughter going to, in the reporter's words "this camp."

Video link: [video=youtube;lnBJ17dtx48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnBJ17dtx48[/video]

Maybe the perp is attempting to frame an officer for MB's murder.

Bein a nurse, i hope the authorities have looked into who all has had right leg surgeries/injuries in the last few years in the area. It will be time consuming. I am aware of HIPPA laws but I am also aware of what goes on when bosses say "I don't wanna know what you are doing". The answer(s) may very well lie in area medical records i.e. Physical therapy records etc. Pharmacy records etc. Once they narrow down the perp list, could be helpful.

Yes, of course, HIPAA.
OTOH, someone employed in same workplace as right-leg-surgery patient or who is a neighbor, et al, has no HIPAA issues preventing them from telling LE about that special gait. JM2cts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIPAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member