TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Replying to myself, is this the entry spot? I’m thinking the media photos were shadowed. (Google maps near Geraldine St)

View attachment 347192
The temp fencing since the incident and the office sign on the building causes me to think this is not the entry in question. Also, I think the square obstruction at the actual entry door is larger/taller than what's shown corraled in the image by OP.

Take note the campus is comprised of about 10 buildings -- where it seems from the YT below there are 5 separate (classroom) buildings. IMO, the subject classrooms #110 111 and 112 are in the wing of the first building, and the subject entry is between and/or behind the front building.

Darn -- the overhead school image/print-screen of the YT is too large for WS to upload.

Texas governor: 14 students, 1 teacher dead in shooting at elementary school 5/24/22​

Please see the overhead of Robb Elementary campus at about the .57/2:10 mark.

Last edited:
Amerie Jo Garza was laid to rest Tuesday before the eyes of God, her broken family, a shattered town and a shamed nation.
It was three weeks to the day after her 10th birthday.

David Treviño, his wife and 11-year-old daughter sat vigil Monday before Amerie's memorial, the young girl's body shaking with sobs as she rested her head on her mother’s shoulder.

Standing tall for her age, the 11-year-old had faced severe bullying from some of the other children at Robb Elementary, Treviño said. Where the family had struggled to find help to shield her, Amerie stepped in to wrap her in her protection.

“She would stick up for her for the bullies to stop picking on her,” said Treviño who was also Amerie’s cousin. “[My daughter] is taking it really hard. She would protect her from the bullies.”
….
Clinging to her cross at a memorial, balloons marked the 10th birthday Ellie Garcia would’ve reached on Saturday. A purple softball mitt with pink stitches was left atop a stack of flowers for Eliahna Torres, who wore the number four on the softball field.
….
At Uvalde's second funeral home, loved ones Monday remembered 10-year-old Maite Yuleana Rodriguez on the first of two days of visitation. Maite had long ago set out to become a marine biologist, and her preference for the color green was apparent in her affinity for lime-green Converse shoes.

I'm beginning to think that the door propped was a common practice (a stone lying conveniently
nearby? Hmmm...).
Maybe for a quick cigarette break?

And, knowing pupils' curiosity, they possibly knew teachers sneaked there.

SR talked about the school with his little cousin.
I think he knew this door would be open.

MOO

Last edited:
There’s no way I would want to send my kids to school with an armed teacher. Teachers aren’t professional law enforcement and can sometimes do crazy things too.

There should be no way for strangers to get onto campus, for one. LE should not wait to respond, for another and if we are going to have someone armed on campus it should be professional, armed, trained LE who is paid a huge amount of money to risk their lives and respond to an active shooter.
I'm not sure what you mean by teachers doing crazy things but I do agree that keeping unwanted people off of school campuses should be mandatory. Adequate fencing and locked doors with a screened single point of entry for visitors.

Trained LE stationed at schools would be a good idea. What if there were several trained teachers and other staff members who voluntarily arm themselves to back up the LE officer? That would be even better. JMO.

The temp fencing since the incident and the office sign on the building causes me to think this is not the entry in question. Also, I think the square obstruction at the actual entry door is larger/taller than what's shown corraled in the image by OP.

Take note the campus is comprised of about 10 buildings -- where it seems from the YT below there are 5 separate (classroom) buildings. IMO, the subject classrooms #110 and 112 are in the wing of the first building.

Darn -- the overhead school image/print-screen of the YT is too large for WS to upload.

Texas governor: 14 students, 1 teacher dead in shooting at elementary school 5/24/22​

Please see the overhead of Robb Elementary campus at about the .57/2:10 mark.
In the fourth pic down, I am seeing the office sign, the four trees, the same short “tower“ objects, and the gutter on the building look the same.

Left from article, right from google maps.

Attachments

• 3A6DDF5D-2891-48E0-8B88-66DC0E629782.jpeg
    3A6DDF5D-2891-48E0-8B88-66DC0E629782.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 8584CC32-C4F7-44F8-9A32-C15369A2CDBC.jpeg
    8584CC32-C4F7-44F8-9A32-C15369A2CDBC.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 11
It sounds from comments about sweet little Amerie’s protection of her cousin, that the anti-bullying policy at the elementary school should also be subjected to rigorous review. I know that bullying will never be completely eradicated, but it is concerning that it seems ongoing and family felt somewhat helpless. And if the gunman had also been bullied there, perhaps there were other out-of-control families in the town who had a bullying culture through their positions of authority, and this helped create a climate of inaction or delayed action.

Amerie Jo Garza was laid to rest Tuesday before the eyes of God, her broken family, a shattered town and a shamed nation.
It was three weeks to the day after her 10th birthday.

David Treviño, his wife and 11-year-old daughter sat vigil Monday before Amerie's memorial, the young girl's body shaking with sobs as she rested her head on her mother’s shoulder.

Standing tall for her age, the 11-year-old had faced severe bullying from some of the other children at Robb Elementary, Treviño said. Where the family had struggled to find help to shield her, Amerie stepped in to wrap her in her protection.

“She would stick up for her for the bullies to stop picking on her,” said Treviño who was also Amerie’s cousin. “[My daughter] is taking it really hard. She would protect her from the bullies.”
….
Clinging to her cross at a memorial, balloons marked the 10th birthday Ellie Garcia would’ve reached on Saturday. A purple softball mitt with pink stitches was left atop a stack of flowers for Eliahna Torres, who wore the number four on the softball field.
….
At Uvalde's second funeral home, loved ones Monday remembered 10-year-old Maite Yuleana Rodriguez on the first of two days of visitation. Maite had long ago set out to become a marine biologist, and her preference for the color green was apparent in her affinity for lime-green Converse shoes.

This is so very wrong!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Under no sky in the universe should a parent have to bury their 4th grader -- and never because of their elementary school's classroom massacre.

In the fourth pic down, I am seeing the office sign, the four trees, the same short “tower“ objects, and the gutter on the building look the same.

Left from article, right from google maps.

Thanks, @steeltowngirl!! Removing the shadow (lightening) of the image including the shooter definitely makes a difference. :D

The shooter not only entered the campus unwelcome he shot at three classrooms before entering the building through a door that shouldn’t be used during the day. He then walked past at least four classrooms before entering the room/rooms where he did the shooting and there was nothing to stop him at any point. Something is very wrong here.

The shooter not only entered the campus unwelcome he shot at three classrooms before entering the building through a door that shouldn’t be used during the day. He then walked past at least four classrooms before entering the room/rooms where he did the shooting and there was nothing to stop him at any point. Something is very wrong here.

it's as if he knew that door was propped open during lunch breaks. I recall one class had lunch when the shooter entered the building.

Robb Elementary survivor says shooter entered auditorium, asked students to come out from hiding​

Another witness account by 9-year-old Eliana Fierro that learned at lunch they were in a lockdown, and the class went into drill mode, lights turned off, and the kids hid behind the stage curtain when they heard SR's voice creepily ask: little children, come out. Eliana said she knew instinctively that this voice was not the police but the bad man. :(

Seems the killer had time to roam down the hall before LE arrived.
I wonder where this fits in the timeline. The official one (i.e., the one provided by LE) has the shooter going pretty much straight to rooms 111-112 and staying there. I wonder how much they still don't know about what he did in that school. :sob:

ETA: clarity

Last edited:
I can address the keys and locking/unlocking of doors. Every door I've had in the past 10 years at school is this way - and all schools across the district are like this.

You put the key in the lock and turn it clockwise to unlock it. You then push down on the handle - these are "lever" handles (not regular door knobs) and open the door. THEN, you hold the door open while you turn the key back - counterclockwise to lock it. Go in the room - let the door close. IF you DON'T turn the key back counterclockwise - the handle remains open.

As for this door in question. IF it was unlocked - then why prop it open? Maybe you needed to carry some stuff in (no extra hand to open by the handle). But, if whoever initially unlocked it did not turn that key back - then when the rock was kicked away and the door closed - it was still actually open (unlocked) at the handle. Maybe that door was left unlocked all the time as it was a door to the employee parking lot. This is no excuse and should have been locked at all times. Maybe whoever first unlocked it didn't turn that key back and it remained unlocked. IDK - but that is how school doors work.

I am reserving judgment on all of this until we officially hear another report. It is very possible that they have this "interaction" at the door on video and then it will be apparent what happened. If the shooter walked up to a closed door and entered by using the handle - well - there ya go. Or the door was still propped open.

It is obvious that the wagons have circled and everyone - and I mean everyone - is in CYA mode now. The lawyers are jumping on board and the word of the day is "liability"!!! Personally, I like the word "accountability" better.

I will wait for the next press conference on pins and needles. But one thing is glaringly obvious - there were errors made by people (human factor) whether or not those errors were intentional or not - and those people are now hunkered down to avoid the liability "blame game". But I do believe there are people involved in this that should be held accountable - regardless of intention.

JMHO

The door could have been unlocked that day for the awards assembly. The teacher may have just assumed it was locked as usual.

I have taught in schools that have had rocks placed near doors to be used to prop it open. Occasionally admin would remove the rock but some teachers would put it back.

I've heard "smoke breaks" mentioned a few times on here. Most schools will not allow smoking on campus, so I don't think that was the teacher's reason for going to the parking lot. I hope she is not being blamed for this. A guy had a gun who shouldn't have been allowed to have a gun.

I'm beginning to think that the door propped was a common practice (a stone lying conveniently
nearby? Hmmm...).
Maybe for a quick cigarette break?

And, knowing pupils' curiosity, they possibly knew teachers sneaked there.

SR talked about the school with his little cousin.
I think he knew this door would be open.

MOO
This is from the Houston Chronicle and behind a paywall, but this quote backs up the teacher's lawyer:

A law enforcement source familiar with the investigation said surveillance video and audio verifies the employee removed the rock holding the door open and closed it.

“She slammed it shut,” said the source, who requested anonymity because the source does not have authority to speak with the media.

Both Flanary and the source said a person exiting through the door might not be able to tell if it was locked.

This is from the Houston Chronicle and behind a paywall, but this quote backs up the teacher's lawyer:

A law enforcement source familiar with the investigation said surveillance video and audio verifies the employee removed the rock holding the door open and closed it.

“She slammed it shut,” said the source, who requested anonymity because the source does not have authority to speak with the media.

Both Flanary and the source said a person exiting through the door might not be able to tell if it was locked.

Maybe, to lock it, one had to push it hard - for the mechanism to click?

The shooter not only entered the campus unwelcome he shot at three classrooms before entering the building through a door that shouldn’t be used during the day. He then walked past at least four classrooms before entering the room/rooms where he did the shooting and there was nothing to stop him at any point. Something is very wrong here. ^^bbm
I think OP's view of the school floor plan is reversed. (top to bottom vs bottom to top diagram).

Please see the DPS graphic in @osu's post presented by the Director at the presser, and the shooter's arrowed route indicating where SR entered the building-- where the subject rooms #111-112 are the first two rooms accessible to the shooter, and not that he passed 4 rooms. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop