UK - 39 bodies found in lorry, Essex, 23 October 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they can go right up the chain to catch them all !
It seems the Maher's go pretty high up the chain.

"The couple's three cars worth more than £150,000 including a white Chevrolet Corvette, a Range rover Discovery and a Range Rover Sport were today still on the driveway."

The cars had private plates in addition to serveral properties they own in Warrington. I dont see any other explaination for the source of this wealth?

Police continue to search Woolston home in connection with lorry deaths

"The couple's three cars worth more than £150,000 including a white Chevrolet Corvette, a Range rover Discovery and a Range Rover Sport were today still on the driveway."

The cars had private plates in addition to serveral properties they own in Warrington. I dont see any other explaination for the source of this wealth?

I think they own a home in Ireland, too. I'll look for that reference.

No, reference says home in Spain. Frequent travel to Ireland and Bulgaria.

Police sniffer dogs scour £400,000 home of haulage boss and wife arrested over death truck tragedy Police sniffer dogs scour £400,000 home of haulage boss and wife arrested over death truck tragedy | Daily Mail Online

you’ll have to look back for MSM link but they’d just flown back I think from Spain holiday can’t remember if it said they owned a place there too

How many hours have they been arrested now ?
The night before his arrest, father-of-three Mr Maher, 38, said: 'We've just flown back from abroad. I have told the police we are back. I'm just about to take the kids out for a meal.'

Hours later they were arrested. One neighbour said: 'I looked out and saw Tom in the door way watch as a police van left. I think Joanna was arrested first.'

How many hours have they been arrested now ?
The night before his arrest, father-of-three Mr Maher, 38, said: 'We've just flown back from abroad. I have told the police we are back. I'm just about to take the kids out for a meal.'

Hours later they were arrested. One neighbour said: 'I looked out and saw Tom in the door way watch as a police van left. I think Joanna was arrested first.'
How long can people be held in the UK without being charged?

My hunch is that following old cases may have links to same human traffickers. Linh Le may be able to provide more information.

One male victim was already in Germany, got laid off, and asked his wife for $12,000 for the trip to UK. I will link to the best news article later, with other likely victims.

Aug 6 Recovered/Located - UK - Linh Le, 15, visitor from Vietnam, separated from tour group, York, 6 Aug 2019

Aug 2 Germany - Leipzig, Aug 6th 2019 - Unknown Male died in Hospital, *possibly English speaking*

Maybe not paperwork, but would it be feasible that he became aware of movement in the trailer? I don't know if there would be any kind of sensor that would detect the load shifting. If so, that could be his explanation.
Hello all!

I've been following this in the news. I'm so interested because this is so heartbreaking. I feel for those families who have lost someone. Those people were just trying to help their families. :( Some of them possibly so young, they've barely lived their lives. And can you imagine a worse way to die? In a filled up truck with strangers, freezing and running out of air? :(

I have gone through the entire thread this morning but there is a lot of information so please forgive me if I'm going to ask something this is stupid or has been addressed already, I really did try!

- What are the practicals here in terms of how they died? For instance, if this is a trafficking scheme, these traffickers have done this so many times surely. So why did this truck in particular run out of air? Were they in there for longer than usual for some reason? Or does the lack of air have to do with the cold temperature inside? Is the cold temperature really even relevant to their deaths?

- I'm sure the police are not releasing information, and for good reason! But is it reasonable to assume that both Mo and the others arrested absolutely knew something about people being in the truck? Or would the police just slap on cuffs to anyone who interacted at all with the truck? Is this information we'll simply have to wait for?

Thank you all!

Welcome PPP! :D

In terms of the practicals of how these people lost their lives, if media reports are accurate, freezing and/or suffocation due to lack of oxygen would be consistent in my opinion. Difficult to know if only one or both of these were factors at this stage. It’s reasonable to assume that it is possible Mo knew something about people being present in the truck, and it’s also reasonable to assume that police would want to speak with anyone who had interacted with the truck (although not necessarily the slap on cuffs approach :)

Maybe not paperwork, but would it be feasible that he became aware of movement in the trailer? I don't know if there would be any kind of sensor that would detect the load shifting. If so, that could be his explanation.

but after becoming aware, still drove far enough before pulling over that they all died?

why not pull over immediately to 'secure' his load?

but after becoming aware, still drove far enough before pulling over that they all died?

why not pull over immediately to 'secure' his load?

It seems very likely many (if not all) of the 39 died before even reaching England. Several were in early stages of rigor mortis which takes at least a couple of hours to set in.

I think given that Mo has been charged with manslaughter and a huge trafficking ring is about to get busted, that he was meant to open the doors to release the 39 safely and had done it before in the same truck via the same port and in the same place. My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice