UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live nowhere near Yorkshire but I remember all the publicity of the case at the time, where he lives the media coverage must have been intense, add to this he worked with claudia and was also spoken to by the police, the fact it took 12 months to remember such a potentially vital piece of evidence is at best baffling
I for one believe it

Something has been bothering me about the way he spoke and how he appeared to stop himself from saying something in his interview (recent Channel 5 doc) that has got me thinking he saw something that morning that he wasn't supposed to...did anyone else pick up on this? It's almost as if he noticed activity and that's why he decided not to turn down the road? When he says 'I wonder what had happened' then he looks up...maybe its just the way he speaks and it's his accent that's thrown me... It's just stuck with me ever since I heard him say it. (Around 24 minute mark)

Great point, if he saw something going on along HR that police know about and they are confident of his innocence then the year late date story could be a number of things/devices.

Why involve him at all, doesn't add anything, and all her friends said it wasn't true anyway

Maybe, but why bring him into the open then

Everything the police will do from this point on will be to flush out the POI's. To shock them, to show them, that they still have something up their proverbial sleeves.

This is based on a very subtle shift in his conversation. It could be nothing. But it could be something. Everything is worth putting out there at this stage.

Hi @moonsafari

I've read your write up on this case and thought it really well written. The fact that you worked at NH and have first hand experience of dealing with the locals plus knowledge of the area makes your input invaluable IMO

I would like to ask you a question if you wouldn't mind? I hope I'm not prying and tell me to get lost if you feel I am, but as you actually know the locals (their mannerisms, personalities etc) Do you have an idea on who you feel dark man and/or light man are?

I understand if it's not something you want to discuss in a public forum but as you have more knowledge of the people possibly involved you might actually recognise one or both of the people on the CCTV. Thanks

Everything the police will do from this point on will be to flush out the POI's. To shock them, to show them, that they still have something up their proverbial sleeves.

This is based on a very subtle shift in his conversation. It could be nothing. But it could be something. Everything is worth putting out there at this stage.
But doesn't it make him vulnerable then, police could have said about mystery new boyfriend without involving him, could have just said it was information received from a reliable source

Hi @MajorLang. I've been thinking about two small loose ends and wonder if there's a possible connection.
In a report by Mirror Online, Karen Edwards, 56, said a witness said he saw evil Halliwell talking to Claudia through a taxi window. It is reported Claudia was asking if he had change so she could ring her dad from a phone box. The recent C5 documentary repeated the story.
Now I'm not pushing the Helliwell abduction theory but the "asking for change for a phone box" does interest me. Several weeks ago on here you led discussions as to where CL went for 25 minutes after she got a lift home in the afternoon of 18/3/09. Based on a massive assumption that she may have used a call box for occasional secret calls, I've googled the 2008 area and there was (& still is) a box down Melrosegate immediately after Heworth Hall Drive. This also fits with your guess that the lift home meant she missed doing something which she went back for. Just a thought!
Excellent thought-So did she make a call so that it wouldn't show up in her phone records? May fit with the drugs suggestion as she may not have had a burner phone. It would have to. E something incriminating for her not to use her own mobile as I'm sure she will have used her mobile to contact all of the men in her life.

You really are doing a grand job @MajorLang and thank you for the challenge. If there is anything I come across do I just post it here or shall I PM you so you can check if you already have the info? Thanks in advance.

Shame about the discussion going so quiet but I understand as it's such a frustrating case with very little to go on. But I've got to believe that it is absolutely solvable. I am willing to help in any way that I can.
You really are doing a grand job @MajorLang and thank you for the challenge. If there is anything I come across do I just post it here or shall I PM you so you can check if you already have the info? Thanks in advance.

Shame about the discussion going so quiet but I understand as it's such a frustrating case with very little to go on. But I've got to believe that it is absolutely solvable. I am willing to help in any way that I can.
@ClaraBoo Thanks. The thread is best place to post anything and actually this thread has been livelier in last two weeks than for a while and some good stuff coming through now.

Something has been bothering me about the way he spoke and how he appeared to stop himself from saying something in his interview (recent Channel 5 doc) that has got me thinking he saw something that morning that he wasn't supposed to...did anyone else pick up on this? It's almost as if he noticed activity and that's why he decided not to turn down the road? When he says 'I wonder what had happened' then he looks up...maybe its just the way he speaks and it's his accent that's thrown me... It's just stuck with me ever since I heard him say it. (Around 24 minute mark)
Was his the car with the Hazards reflecting in the window as Alleyman walks into Heworth Place. Did he see Alleyman come out of Claudias house or from her front door. Police have denied hazards saying they are only a faulty street light but I have checked the area and there is no street light capable of reflecting on window in Heworth place as Alleyman passes it.

But doesn't it make him vulnerable then, police could have said about mystery new boyfriend without involving him, could have just said it was information received from a reliable source
but police didn't involve him. He came forward himself for CH5 doc that police wanted no part of

I don't think he's considered vulnerable, but perhaps valuable. Look at how long the police have waited to release certain information in this case.

There is a reason why it took him a year to 'remember' something potentially helpful about a colleague he was supposedly close to. We spend a lot of time with colleagues, we grow close to them and care about them...if something happened to one of mine I would be going over and over our last conversation and assist the enquiry in any way I could. Most people would don't you think?

Last edited:
I agree, wasn't part of some grand police plan, did it under his own steam

Yes, the way I write about that seemed to imply that the police guided him to finally come forward, that's my error. He will have had conversations with police over the years though.
They are holding a wealth of information that the public don't know, but some of what they know could be gleaned from their lines of questioning.

Hi @moonsafari

I've read your write up on this case and thought it really well written. The fact that you worked at NH and have first hand experience of dealing with the locals plus knowledge of the area makes your input invaluable IMO

I would like to ask you a question if you wouldn't mind? I hope I'm not prying and tell me to get lost if you feel I am, but as you actually know the locals (their mannerisms, personalities etc) Do you have an idea on who you feel dark man and/or light man are?

I understand if it's not something you want to discuss in a public forum but as you have more knowledge of the people possibly involved you might actually recognise one or both of the people on the CCTV. Thanks

It's too blurry to positively/responsibly ID but thanks very much for the positive feedback. Here it's a case of I haven't formally thought it through but I can remember the broad stats/outerwear of ppl at the pub and a number of them are thus more likely to be the blurs we can see in the video footage. I'm not sure police will ever secure a conviction or that anyone will confess. I just hope the perp/s figure out a way to let the family know where she is so they can say goodbye to her properly.

I don't think he's considered vulnerable, but perhaps valuable. Look at how long the police have waited to release certain information in this case.

There is a reason why it took him a year to 'remember' something potentially helpful about a colleague he was supposedly close to. We spend a lot of time with colleagues, we grow close to them and care about them...if something happened to one of mine I would be going over and over our last conversation and assist the enquiry in any way I could. Most people would don't you think?
I agree, that's why I don't believe what he is saying, I simply don't buy the year factor

Hi @MajorLang. I've been thinking about two small loose ends and wonder if there's a possible connection.
In a report by Mirror Online, Karen Edwards, 56, said a witness said he saw evil Halliwell talking to Claudia through a taxi window. It is reported Claudia was asking if he had change so she could ring her dad from a phone box. The recent C5 documentary repeated the story.
Now I'm not pushing the Helliwell abduction theory but the "asking for change for a phone box" does interest me. Several weeks ago on here you led discussions as to where CL went for 25 minutes after she got a lift home in the afternoon of 18/3/09. Based on a massive assumption that she may have used a call box for occasional secret calls, I've googled the 2008 area and there was (& still is) a box down Melrosegate immediately after Heworth Hall Drive. This also fits with your guess that the lift home meant she missed doing something which she went back for. Just a thought!
Thanks @Eyes Wide Open I have included this in my Blog so as to help all looking into case. I have also suggested that Police may want to pull any numbers dialled from that box that afternoon and see if this leads them anywhere as I would be surprised if they did this-Who knows you may well have cracked this case? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho