Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they had a connection in Bradford, and have one now down south.
Also try not to be judgey or super sleuthy over her nails. I've had a baby... pregnancy and postpartum, your nails are crazy long. Maybe they're false nails, maybe they're natural, maybe she borrowed nail polish, or bought some. I know painting my nails is a calming activity. Moo.

Also try not to be judgey or super sleuthy over her nails. I've had a baby... pregnancy and postpartum, your nails are crazy long. Maybe they're false nails, maybe they're natural, maybe she borrowed nail polish, or bought some. I know painting my nails is a calming activity. Moo.
No judgement except that it suggests to me that CM cares about her appearance, which is good under the circumstances imo, and that she might be inclined to visit salons, hopefully some have been made aware of the disappearance, speculation.

Why Bradford?
Nothing has been mentioned anywhere about Bradford...

Why Bradford?
Nothing has been mentioned anywhere about Bradford...
Because that's where the car broke down, admittedly on the motorway, however - it suggests the possibility that they were driving away from the city itself or at least nearby towns.

Because that's where the car broke down, admittedly on the motorway, however - it suggests the possibility that they were driving away from the city itself or at least nearby towns.
Where is it being said it is Bradford now?
Any link to where it says this?
I thought it was on the M61 in Bolton where they broke down and the car caught fire?
So is it now Bradford then?

re-post rbbm
17/1/23
''The couple was initially travelling in a vehicle that was found broken down near junction four - Farnworth, Bolton - of the M61 on 5 January, police said.

A missing persons investigation was launched by Greater Manchester Police after the vehicle was found but no occupants were present. The couple's last known sighting was on 7 January at East Ham station in Newham, east London, between 11.45am and 12:30pm.
The Met said that detectives from Essex Police established that the trio took a taxi from Harwich to East Ham station that day.
They are believed to have left their vehicle in Bolton, travelled to Liverpool and then to Harwich, and there were also confirmed sightings of them in Colchester.''

13 January 2023

''Constance Marten, Mark Gordon and their baby were reported missing after their car broke down on the M61 near Bolton on 5 January. Police are trying to trace their whereabouts after several sightings, with officers "increasingly concerned" for their welfare.''

''Constance Marten, 35, and Mark Gordon, 48, were first reported missing after their car broke down on the M61 near Bolton on 5 January.
Since then, Ms Marten and Mr Gordon are thought to have travelled to Liverpool, Essex and London.''

Jan 6 2023

''Constance Marten and Mark Gordon are missing with their newborn baby, after their car broke down near junction four of the M61 last night, police have said.

According to Greater Manchester Police, the family left the car and the motorway safely, near to Farnworth in Bolton.

They then walked to the Anchor Lane bridge which links the Highfield and Little Hulton areas.''

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

For members who know either CM or MG we invite you to become Verified so that you do not have to provide supporting links to any inside information provided.

Posts that have been removed pending verification will be reinstated upon approval as a Verified member.

For information on why we have this policy in place, and for how to apply, please see:

A couple missing for 11 days with their newborn have a substantial amount of cash, allowing them to live off-grid, police have said.

Constance Marten, Mark Gordon and their baby have no luggage with them after most of their belongings were destroyed in a car fire, and are using cash to pay for taxis and places to stay.

Ms Marten comes from a wealthy aristocratic family, while Mr Gordon is a sex offender who served 20 years in US jail for rape and battery.
1674053788670.jpeg
Police are worried for the newborn and say neither Ms Marten nor the baby have had medical attention since the birth.

The couple are understood to have lived an isolated life since meeting in 2016, with then-drama student Ms Marten cutting off ties with family and friends.

Last September, they began moving around the country, renting AirBnBs for brief periods.

On January 5, they were on the M61 when their car broke down and caught fire near junction four at Farnworth, Bolton.

Very lengthy and interesting article..
Jan 18 2023 rbbm

''The extraordinary disappearance of Constance Marten: aristocrat, Leeds graduate and Tatler It-girl​

She was born into one of England’s most prominent artistocratic families — now, she’s on the run with her partner and newborn baby after abandoning a burning car on the motorway two weeks ago. Katie Strick charts her story so far''

1674054598997.png

''Much less is known about Gordon’s life in comparison. Birmingham-born, he is believed to have moved to Florida with his mother and half-siblings when he was young, before returning to the UK in around 2010. He lived in a rundown terraced house in Enfield, north London, opposite an off-licence and a nail bar, and it was in Ilford that he and Constance moved in together before being evicted.

Where the couple went next is not known, but by August 2020 they were living on the Coldharbour Estate with a tenancy believed to be under her name. Neighbours say they rarely spoke, but shouting was sometimes heard and they often returned to the flat with lots of bags after long periods of time away.

Even to those who knew her well, Constance’s new life with Gordon clearly became a secretive one. “Toooots where in the world are you? I’ve missed your beautiful spirit in my life!” a friend commented on a Facebook profile picture in 2020 — her first in four years — showing Constance smiling with a baby believed to be hers. Around the same time, she uploaded an entire Facebook album of baby photos, captioned “my love sprogs”, suggesting she might have had more than one child.''

''The family, so far, are remaining tight-lipped about the disappearance, asking extended family and friends not to speak to the press about it. Her father Napier eventually spoke out after his own vanishing act a decade ago. He recounted his extraordinary story in a national newspaper and explained how he’d had the “agreement of his family” to take his chosen path. Given the events of recent weeks, perhaps that is where his and his daughter’s stories differ.''

It was pretty obvious they'd been living in Bolton (so glad I don't go around ridiculing others, heavens only knows what circumstances or neuro diversities we all have, eh). Interesting that information is slowly trickling out and yet not one member of family or friends (no matter how long it's been) have appealed to them. I know how much I care about others, particularly what women experience, I'd want my friend and baby to have good health.

rbbm
Jan 18 2023
''A man who went missing with a woman and their newborn 11 days ago is a registered sex offender who served 20 years in a US jail for rape and battery, police have said.''

''Each time Ms Marten and Mr Gordon are seen on CCTV, they are covering their faces or looking away, and have kept the baby covered up.

Investigators say the couple appear to know how to evade authorities – making the search for them harder.

Police believe they could be anywhere in the UK and are appealing to the public to come forward with any information that may help find them.

Some 200 officers are working on the search and have scoured through more than 200 hours of CCTV footage since the pair were last seen on January 7.

Detectives said it is unusual for hotels to accept cash payments and appealed to staff at hotels or hostels where the couple may stay to come forward.''

''Mr Gordon’s conviction relates to a Florida attack on a woman in her early 20s when he was 14.''

rbbm
Jan 18 2023
''A man who went missing with a woman and their newborn 11 days ago is a registered sex offender who served 20 years in a US jail for rape and battery, police have said.''

''Each time Ms Marten and Mr Gordon are seen on CCTV, they are covering their faces or looking away, and have kept the baby covered up.

Investigators say the couple appear to know how to evade authorities – making the search for them harder.

Police believe they could be anywhere in the UK and are appealing to the public to come forward with any information that may help find them.

Some 200 officers are working on the search and have scoured through more than 200 hours of CCTV footage since the pair were last seen on January 7.

Detectives said it is unusual for hotels to accept cash payments and appealed to staff at hotels or hostels where the couple may stay to come forward.''

''Mr Gordon’s conviction relates to a Florida attack on a woman in her early 20s when he was 14.''

20 years! Not long out then before he met her. You can understand why her family may not have been overly enamoured of him, and why he no doubt flagged up on records.

20 years! Not long out then before he met her. You can understand why her family may not have been overly enamoured of him, and why he no doubt flagged up on records.

Well the police must be desperate now to find them if the media have been allowed to release that info. Although there is nothing to say he has reoffended in the UK. He may have changed a lot since then-found god or whatever. 20yrs is a long time to serve.

It was pretty obvious they'd been living in Bolton (so glad I don't go around ridiculing others, heavens only knows what circumstances or neuro diversities we all have, eh). Interesting that information is slowly trickling out and yet not one member of family or friends (no matter how long it's been) have appealed to them. I know how much I care about others, particularly what women experience, I'd want my friend and baby to have good health.
I quite agree! The continued public silence of family and friends is remarkable! <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple missing for 11 days with their newborn have a substantial amount of cash, allowing them to live off-grid, police have said.

Constance Marten, Mark Gordon and their baby have no luggage with them after most of their belongings were destroyed in a car fire, and are using cash to pay for taxis and places to stay.

Ms Marten comes from a wealthy aristocratic family, while Mr Gordon is a sex offender who served 20 years in US jail for rape and battery.
View attachment 396120
Police are worried for the newborn and say neither Ms Marten nor the baby have had medical attention since the birth.

The couple are understood to hawoave lived an isolated life since meeting in 2016, with then-drama student Ms Marten cutting off ties with family and friends.

Last September, they began moving around the country, renting AirBnBs for brief periods.

On January 5, they were on the M61 when their car broke down and caught fire near junction four at Farnworth, Bolton.
Woah! so they're are now confirming MG's Criminal History? This is the first time I've seen it confirmed in print. perhaps they are mentioning it now, hoping if anyone is harbouring them to dob them in and to quieten those who are encouraging them to run from the 'social baby snatchers'

We still haven't had any confirmation the baby is alive. None of them have now been seen for 11 days. They may well have friends or connections who are helping them, as particularly if baby is still alive, they will need all manner of even the most basic of baby paraphernalia and they can't just hole up and not move from one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee