UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone confirm how many vehicles there are left to confirm please (with a link). TIA

Can someone confirm how many vehicles there are left to confirm please (with a link). TIA

"- 4 vehicles are known to have been in the 'Horeshoe' area in the time window being reviewed. ALL have now been identified."

"- Investigations into the other 3 vehicles from the 'Horseshoe' continue. Speculation about them would not be helpful at this stage. There is no need to speculate further on a 'silver car' at this point either."

(the 4th vehicle is the bin lorry, I believe, which gets its own few paragraphs on the source here)

So, all identified but the three non-bin lorries are still being investigated.

I just don't understand the reluctance of the Police releasing the CCTV footage more widely. There is a local case where I live where a photo of a lad has been posted because the Police want to talk to him about a hit and run. We have seen hundreds of CCTV appeals of people and vehicles on the likes of Crimewatch "to eliminate them from our inquires" so I don't buy privacy concerns.

I would think allowing the public to do the leg work would be welcomed by Suffolk Police given they are under funded/resourced?

Tony explained in one of his early updates why information is released locally first, it's essentially to filter the more relevant responses before opening it to everyone else. Can you imagine what damage 65000 bloodthirsty Facebookers will do with images of actual people (and not to mention us lot!)?!

N Yorks Police did similar on the Claudia Lawrence case and had body language experts watching the people who came to view.

Like I said earlier it's just bad it's taken 2 months to get to this stage, would have been better when peoples minds were fresher. Nevertheless I think they'll get enough people recognising and putting names forward, then I reckon whoever's left unidentified will have the pictures go public. This is itself might be enough to prompt someone forward..

From the find Corrie website:-

4 vehicles are known to have been in the ‘Horeshoe’ area in the time window being reviewed. ALL have now been identified.

Investigations into the other 3 vehicles from the ‘Horseshoe’ continue. Speculation about them would not be helpful at this stage. There is no need to speculate further on a ‘silver car’ at this point either.

So 3?!

All being well with wrapping up work early, I will be heading to Bury for the weekend with a friend on Friday afternoon.
My main purpose for travelling across, is to help hand out leaflets with/for Nicola & persuade people to go into the Police hub.

We're then planning a spot of Rambling on Saturday & Sunday.

I'm a bit hesitant to go into the hub myself and view the footage, especially if they are busy. As I'm all the way over in Gloucestershire at the moment, I don't want to waste police time looking at footage when I know it's highly unlikely I will recognise anyone.
What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not see what happens? If you're in the area and it looks really busy then hold back, or if it gets quiet, say loudly that "it's a good idea to go in, I am going to have a look and see if I recognise anyone!" And maybe give someone else the confidence to go in, or have a chat with the police there and ask them how many people they reckon have been in to view the images and stuff like that.

I think it's great you're doing that when you live quite a distance away. I do think it's amazing how people will step up to help i these situations. I remember that little boy who went missing in Scotland a few years ago (Mikaeel something?) and so many people turned out to search, it brought tears to my eyes to see so many people care in a world where you come online and you can see so much hostility between people. I firmly believe that when it comes down to it the vast majority of people might not be perfect but they are basically good people.

Oh, and remember to take a couple of little plastic bags with you on your ramble ;-)

I'm guessing these 3 vehicles are the key. It is interesting that the police are making so few comments and are leaving updates to Facebook groups and family interviews. Makes you wonder what exactly they know...I think we would be daft to think there isn't more going on.

Tony explained in one of his early updates why information is released locally first, it's essentially to filter the more relevant responses before opening it to everyone else. Can you imagine what damage 65000 bloodthirsty Facebookers will do with images of actual people (and not to mention us lot!)?!

N Yorks Police did similar on the Claudia Lawrence case and had body language experts watching the people who came to view.

Like I said earlier it's just bad it's taken 2 months to get to this stage, would have been better when peoples minds were fresher. Nevertheless I think they'll get enough people recognising and putting names forward, then I reckon whoever's left unidentified will have the pictures go public. This is itself might be enough to prompt someone forward..
I dont think that the Claudia Lawrence case nor the handling of it by the authorities is exactly a great success story either!! There appears to be far more Inspector Clouseuas in the UK instead of decent detectives!..... The number of murder cases in the UK that remain unsolved is horrendous!

Why not see what happens? If you're in the area and it looks really busy then hold back, or if it gets quiet, say loudly that "it's a good idea to go in, I am going to have a look and see if I recognise anyone!" And maybe give someone else the confidence to go in, or have a chat with the police there and ask them how many people they reckon have been in to view the images and stuff like that.

I think it's great you're doing that when you live quite a distance away. I do think it's amazing how people will step up to help i these situations. I remember that little boy who went missing in Scotland a few years ago (Mikaeel something?) and so many people turned out to search, it brought tears to my eyes to see so many people care in a world where you come online and you can see so much hostility between people. I firmly believe that when it comes down to it the vast majority of people might not be perfect but they are basically good people.

Oh, and remember to take a couple of little plastic bags with you on your ramble ;-)

I've a nice supply of little bags and some super snazzy gloves too. Oh and a fully charged power bank for my phone, the camera can really drain the battery ;-)

I've a nice supply of little bags and some super snazzy gloves too. Oh and a fully charged power bank for my phone, the camera can really drain the battery ;-)

Lol! Glad to see we're on the same wavelength there!

I mean right now as it stands the three possibles are the only logical possibilities:

1, is ruled out

2 , is ruled out by Tony by camera tests. The Police haven't officially stated this though, right?

3, The vehicles...Tony says they are identified so surely the Police have looked at these and the owners? If not, why not?

The CCTV itself is a forensic trace and it shows Corrie going to those bins so the lack of other forensics/scents etc thereafter is moot. We know for fact you can walk to those bins and leave no forensic trace.

If the 3 vehicles are ruled out (the Police silence on them is deafening!) then he must have been in a bin. That is my current logical deduction.

ETA: Interesting also that it categorically states the investigation team believe Corrie didn't disappear by choice.....that contradicts the official Police PR of all possibilities/theories are on the table?
you can't rule 1 out until we can count 2 or 3 in as definent, I'm still inclined to think that he walked up short Breckland , residential so very few cameras CCTV 2 was rotating, uncle tony said that the area had a dozen camera but never stipulated exactly what area,

No, not humorous, it was only that we caught each other's meaning that I was "lol"ing about. And I seriously do hope that if anyone comes across a phone or wallet while they're walking the dog that they will have a phone camera handy to take a photo, or call the police and ask for advice on picking it up, or use gloves and plastic bag just in case so that you don't damage potential forensics.

Chances of finding anything? Close to zero. But I say well done for being prepared.

I dont think that the Claudia Lawrence case nor the handling of it by the authorities is exactly a great success story either!! There appears to be far more Inspector Clouseuas in the UK instead of decent detectives!..... The number of murder cases in the UK that remain unsolved is horrendous!

See that's what happens when those elected into power cut funding. How many unsolved murders per capita are there elsewhere in the world I wonder? IMO it's so easy to bash the police until you've walked a mile in their shoes.
:moo:

As long as the 'finds' are shared only with the relevant people. I'm sure I don't need to say this, but you need to be careful not to share anything that the police are keeping 'local'. They obviously have good reason not to want everything out there yet

See that's what happens when those elected into power cut funding. How many unsolved murders per capita are there elsewhere in the world I wonder? IMO it's so easy to bash the police until you've walked a mile in their shoes.
:moo:

I agree PP. I believe the police are doing the best job they can given the very odd circumstances.

you can't rule 1 out until we can count 2 or 3 in as definent, I'm still inclined to think that he walked up short Breckland , residential so very few cameras CCTV 2 was rotating, uncle tony said that the area had a dozen camera but never stipulated exactly what area,

We/I can only go by what Tony says. He knows more than us at least. He says only by way of a 'Kennedy magic bullet' could he avoid the cameras.

Also the cameras can/do rotate but we don't know in what setting they were in. I think it possible they have 'smart' software that allows them to follow anything moving if/when it breaches a certain defined zone/rule. I think JamesKing said all but three of BSE's cameras were automatic so I wonder why the first CCTV footage was following Corrie? If it was one of the three that can be manually controlled why was it following Corrie with many others in the footage?

I think much of it is down to lack of funding, resources or they know who is responsible but don't have the evidence to secure a conviction. A member of my extended family was murdered by intruders and apparently half the town know those responsible but police have never been able to charge anyone because they have alibis.

We/I can only go by what Tony says. He knows more than us at least. He says only by way of a 'Kennedy magic bullet' could he avoid the cameras.

Also the cameras can/do rotate but we don't know in what setting they were in. I think it possible they have 'smart' software that allows them to follow anything moving if/when it breaches a certain defined zone/rule. I think JamesKing said all but three of BSE's cameras were automatic so I wonder why the first CCTV footage was following Corrie? If it was one of the three that can be manually controlled why was it following Corrie with many others in the footage?
But the camera in cctv2 in the only camera that covers the horseshoe area, and that rotates shortbrackland street has only private CCTV , we have no evidence how it would be inposible to walk out,

<snipped> I remember that little boy who went missing in Scotland a few years ago (Mikaeel something?) and so many people turned out to search, it brought tears to my eyes to see so many people care in a world where you come online and you can see so much hostility between people.

Mikaeel Kular - it was the case that persuaded me to sign up and post rather than just lurking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee