UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without being rude that was a waste of half an hour for me. The spoken about the phone lead and aside from the bin lorry it was practically discounted? The not being seen on cctv thing was really only pushed by family.

It's clear a lot of the searching has be done between bse and honington and that the family are disappointed sightings haven't really been taken into consideration but apart from that, nothing.

Regarding the dating app data I think it's clear the police can access that.

All I really got from that docu was the important of finding the phone and to be honest I think the reasoning behind police not pursuing the idea it had been in the bin lorry was valid. But they didn't clearly explain why they've not been more active in the Barton mills area.

The main thing I took from the doc was the emphasis on FAMILY believe it is not possible to leave the area without being caught on CCTV.

Mrs Urquhart said she will explain her issues with the police investigation tomorrow (December 8) and has previously criticised the lack of funding available to the force.
http://www.coastalscene24.co.uk/news/suffolk_police_labelled_incompetent_by_mother_of_missing_raf_honington_airman_corrie_mckeague_as_more_than_15_000_donated_to_fund_private_investigator_1_4808791

I still believe the reward was a point of contention..

After that documentary I would guess that a family update would be going on the Find Corrie website imminently.

TruthWillOut, yes no factual evidence, like make and model of the CCTV camera to be absolutely sure etc. But the doc (I think I may only have caught the last five mins or so, or it was simply a very short doc) did show closeups of the CCTV system, which is clearly on an auto-rotation setting, even in daytime. No sign of any motion detection. Couldn't screen-cap it sorry. Doubt the police really want people to know the ins-and-outs of the CCTV system hence the clever and obfuscating cuts in the ID shots, the zero confirmation of its actual viewing time/angles of the Horseshoe and the fact the police and family say different things about CCTV in the area (police "not 100% covered", family "impossible to leave undetected") but as for the angles, rotation settings and stuff, they didn't figure it'd be scrutinized by me ;) In Forces TV doc they also still talk about CCTV like we're all laymen that don't understand how cameras and watching video works (and she really needed to wipe that huge grin off her face..!).

PS. Shot 3. St John's is empty (no motion) so it should've swung to the group of 3 sooner, as it had no motion in one angle and motion in another, but it does not, for several seconds. It also doesn't track them down to the ground angle. If it has motion detection, its slow and rubbish at doing it, put it that way. It would also be over-sensitive in this mode, where does it look when it has someone in alley, someone on Brentgrovel and activity in St John's? Definitely on an auto-sweep mode of some kind. I'm certain of it. The workload for this camera is really more than it should be. Why they didn't have one above the Cornhill entrance I don't know, cos that would've closed the gap between Starbucks and Greenwoods cameras, and eased the workload of Greenwoods (and possibly Starbucks).

Seems like the family are divided here. They don't communicate with each other. The police dropped a ball. I take it Nicola and the Ex husband dont speak even still now there son is missing.

Mrs Urquhart said she will explain her issues with the police investigation tomorrow (December 8) and has previously criticised the lack of funding available to the force.
http://www.coastalscene24.co.uk/news/suffolk_police_labelled_incompetent_by_mother_of_missing_raf_honington_airman_corrie_mckeague_as_more_than_15_000_donated_to_fund_private_investigator_1_4808791

Link doesn't work to click on, but that will be interesting to read

they didn't want to talk about the cars either, so they must still be considered a part of the on going investigation

Maybe it's just me but I didn't see the whole police failure in that documentary at all. The documentary was far too brief and didn't go into any kind of detail on either what the police have been doing, who has been helping etc.

It didn't include the road searches they've done, working with sulsar, any dog searches. It basically ignored any possibilty Corrie could have been in Barton mills with his phone. Instead of being angry the refuse site wasn't searched why are people not questioning why the general areas the phone travelled to have not been as closely searched? They searched the routes to honington but knew his phone went in the opposite direction?

Maybe it's just me but I didn't see the whole police failure in that documentary at all. The documentary was far too brief and didn't go into any kind of detail on either what the police have been doing, who has been helping etc.

It didn't include the road searches they've done, working with sulsar, any dog searches. It basically ignored any possibilty Corrie could have been in Barton mills with his phone. Instead of being angry the refuse site wasn't searched why are people not questioning why the general areas the phone travelled to have not been as closely searched? They searched the routes to honington but knew his phone went in the opposite direction?

I think it was because the Police allowed Corries father to put a reward out and did not inform Nicola at all. Like I said before, obviously they don't speak to each other seeing as they are divorced etc. You would think something like this would have made them at least communicate. Thats why I think Nicola said she felt betrayed by the Police yesterday. <modsnip>

I think it was because the Police allowed Corries father to put a reward out and did not inform Nicola at all. Like I said before, obviously they don't speak to each other seeing as they are divorced etc. You would think something like this would have made them at least communicate. Thats why I think Nicola said she felt betrayed by the Police yesterday. <modsnip>

I don't think we can talk about this until it appears on the website, I've been keeping schtum.

TruthWillOut, yes no factual evidence, like make and model of the CCTV camera to be absolutely sure etc. But the doc (I think I may only have caught the last five mins or so, or it was simply a very short doc) did show closeups of the CCTV system, which is clearly on an auto-rotation setting, even in daytime. No sign of any motion detection. Couldn't screen-cap it sorry. Doubt the police really want people to know the ins-and-outs of the CCTV system hence the clever and obfuscating cuts in the ID shots, the zero confirmation of its actual viewing time/angles of the Horseshoe and the fact the police and family say different things about CCTV in the area (police "not 100% covered", family "impossible to leave undetected") but as for the angles, rotation settings and stuff, they didn't figure it'd be scrutinized by me ;) In Forces TV doc they also still talk about CCTV like we're all laymen that don't understand how cameras and watching video works (and she really needed to wipe that huge grin off her face..!).

PS. Shot 3. St John's is empty (no motion) so it should've swung to the group of 3 sooner, as it had no motion in one angle and motion in another, but it does not, for several seconds. It also doesn't track them down to the ground angle. If it has motion detection, its slow and rubbish at doing it, put it that way. It would also be over-sensitive in this mode, where does it look when it has someone in alley, someone on Brentgrovel and activity in St John's? Definitely on an auto-sweep mode of some kind. I'm certain of it. The workload for this camera is really more than it should be. Why they didn't have one above the Cornhill entrance I don't know, cos that would've closed the gap between Starbucks and Greenwoods cameras, and eased the workload of Greenwoods (and possibly Starbucks).

I have had another look again at 17:41 in the ForcesTV link dcflag posted and I'm still not sure with the three examples shown. They all vary in amount and speed of rotation plus you can see one zooming on something. They at least look semi 'smart' to me. Also the running man footage was on the Greenwoods camera and that rotated quickly trying to keep up with him and then zoomed to keep him in view?

Just my guess/MOO that the first camera in the above video is a Bosch mic 400 but the others are different.

TruthWillOut ... but again, in the footage of Corrie walking to the bins, it should have motion detected and watched him in gregg's alley. Instead we have a good 3-5 seconds of nothing, no motion, just the closeup of an empty horseshoe. Even if it had motion detection, this footage would indicate it has PRE-EMPTIVE motion detection, which is even more ludicrous, IMO ;)

[video=vimeo;188268494]https://vimeo.com/188268494[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members