GUILTY UK - Ellie Butler, 6, brutally murdered, Sutton, 28 Oct 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I seem to remember a while back, possibly in connection with the video leaked on youtube, Michelle I think asked if YS had been kept in the care of parents, for an extended period after Ellie's death.

This King judgement confirms YS was taken into police protection that same evening. JG had refused to consent to YS being medically examined, and the day after Ellie's death, on being received into care, injuries were discovered. An interim order was made allowing YS to be medically examined that day. That is when the back bruising was recorded.

Not finished reading the judgement yet but I am surprised to read that the experts agreed - after Ellie's death and examination of her brain - that her head injury at 7 weeks old was an impact injury and not a shaking injury.

I'm feeling so massively angry and sad for those children. What did they suffer.

Many thanks for the links T, SN & M, and GG for the tweets. Only skimmed so far, but any benefit of the doubt I gave Dame JH is quickly disappearing.

My gosh. I have just finished reading the judgement. I am really shocked. So shocked and shaken up. I don't know why some of this stuff was left out of the trial, and I don't mean in relation to her sibling. I hope YS recovers from those long and traumatic 11 months. Self-harming in care, by what I can gather from the context of the portions of redacted text. For one so young, that is very upsetting to comprehend and imagine.

In some ways I wish I hadn't read it it is so disturbing, when I think of their acting in court. Absolutely sickening to know what JG was protecting.

Just saw this on the Guardian, and just when I thought this horrible case couldn't get any worse, I read the last three pages on here too.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...for-daughters-was-violent-towards-her-sibling

What horrible, awful people.

In the 36-page judgment, Mrs Justice King, said she was also satisfied that marks on the younger sibling’s back and bottom on the day the sibling was admitted to care, which was just after Ellie’s death, was “probably with a belt”.

However, King’s judgment handed down after a private high court hearing relating to Ellie’s death describes “a highly dysfunctional and abusive relationship” in which the mother was subjected to “chronic domestic violence”.

King found that Gray had been admitted to hospital less than two months after being reunited with Butler after becoming pregnant.

Doctors were concerned that she had been subjected to violence as the consultant noted bruising on her thighs, but she lied about her status, telling staff that she was a single mother whose husband worked in the north.

The judge also noted records that Butler had been judged “to pose a medium risk of serious harm to members of the public and staff” seven months after he had got custody of Ellie, during a court case over benefit fraud.

The pink table with the broken leg with Ellie's blood on it being absent from the trial is a complete mystery.

The pink table with the broken leg with Ellie's blood on it being absent from the trial is a complete mystery.
Indeed. Makes me shudder when i think. Omg what else was omitted from the trial. Was it deemed as non viable of proof if it was or wasnt used as a weapon?
How would we know. Would forensics elaborate in court in testimony to the factuals.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I also read. That BB/JG would punish the girls if they soiled themselves by putting their heads down into the toilet. And slap them across their back/bottom with a belt.
This was told by younger sister. Who was seen with bruising to her back n legs.

Ellie Butler murder: Father displayed 'pattern of impulsive violence' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36923833

I know Gigi, it doesn't bear thinking about how frightening that must've been.

No he shouldnt. But well he's appealed. I guess we've gotta roll with it.

Let's hope they deal with that the same way Nathan Matthews and his accomplice were dealt with.

I know Gigi, it doesn't bear thinking about how frightening that must've been.
I really really do hope. That much like NM & SH. Re Becky. That they serve their sentence fully thats been handed them.. and let them think that they are lucky. They have their lives. They will have tv, console games, barbers/hairdresser. Online courses to build their education up. A church. To repent n ask for forgiveness. 3 meals a day. A shop. Wages to be earned by doing jobs around the blocks. Which will buy basics deo, soap, toothpaste coffee etc etc. Its a mini city.. you just cant "go out" only when its yard time. N freedom of the block for 30 mins after meals then its lockdown again.. just like home.
Ellie wont get a life.. so i really hope he thinks long n hard. And trusts he hasn't screwed lil Sis' life up with the memories she'll have. And the missing of her grandma... who loved them both dearly as did grandpa. 💔

Hope it's okay to join.

Its tragic. Just tragic.

The thing that I cannot understand is how JG was given such a short sentence. Surely she is an accessory or similar and did contribute to poor Ellie's death. Usually I am very sympathetic to DV but this woman did nothing to protect her children. Nothing. And then she has colluded with him as part of his defence.

I have read as much of these threads as possible on a phone and I am sure that eve during his trial he was saying she was a crack head or something similar? Why would that woman stay with him let alone let him 'care' for two young girls.

I really think that he should be put on a normal routine in prison as well; not protected on the VPs wing. I hope that everyday somebody does something horribly abusive to him so he feels he has no control over his life anymore and lives scared of what might happen next to him.

These se are just my thoughts and ramblings but the story of Ellie has really affected me. I cannot believe how she was in effect sent to her death by a Judge.

Does anyone know if there is an enquiry if the Judge will be investigated etc? Or have to answer for her decisions? I am aware that somewhere it does state she was lied to but really by involving private SW she did take away that safety net. Just wondering?

I

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back