GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW.

Finally caught up and I'm literally sat here with my mouth wide open!

Sure he's managed to come up with a story but what on earth made him think anybody would actually believe the load of bollox that he's had to dream up in order to make everything fit?

It's like somebody's given him a list of the dodgy points in his original story and he's spun a whole new yarn to address them.

Q* Ok how would Nick & Joe know about the cess pit?
*advertiser censored* I know, I'll say that they turned up while Helen and I were doing one of our regular cess pit checks
Q* But how would they know how to close the cess pit themselves?
*advertiser censored* I know, I'll say one of them kindly stepped in to replace the lid as Helen and I were about to do it... ooh and to make sure people know they're baddies I'll give them both...*drum roll*... ACCENTS!!!! ... and make one of them do a "Phil Mitchell style" sinister whisper!

“The plot was weakly conceived and required some absurd leaps of imagination.” (Amazon review of Christopher Brookmyre’s “ A big boy did it and ran away”

The only author who has made me laugh so hard and helplessly I was crying on public transport. (A Tale Etched in Blood and Hard Black Pencil)

Did you see Helen alive before you left for the doctors surgery?"

Defence barrister Simon Russell Flint asks Stewart: “Did you see Helen alive before you left for the doctors surgery?

Stewart: “I did. I called to Helen that I had to leave and that it was time to get to the doctors.

“I picked up the paperwork and said ‘I’ve got to go now’.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-trial-partner-ian-12573132

Earlier he has said he last saw helen alive when she asked him to change his doctors appointment and he changed that at 11.30-ish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing he says adds up. And I know we all agree on that.

He hasn't mentioned Jose and Nico taking Boris. Boris was not there Monday night, the son testified to that. Or maybe Boris did a "Lassie" and ran off to investigate? Maybe Boris was at the pit entrance barking "Come quickly Helen's fallen down a well." and accidentally tripped over his little low belly and ended up in beside her?

Why is he texting Helen saying (WTTE) you've had enough space now... when he knew she'd been kidnapped and he wasn't meant to contact her?

Cripes I could go on and on forever, as I know we all could, picking apart his beyond ridiculous testimony.

It's all so farcical I can only agree with MrJitty - out and out dangerous psychopath territory.

I feel so desperately sad this evening, the worst I've felt the whole past year over this case. IS has no respect for anybody at all. None for Helen, Boris, his children, his parents, her parents... nobody. He's a lying gasbag who actually thinks he can talk his way out of this.

Sadly I don't have any alcohol in the house or I would be well sozzled by now. Tomorrow is my shopping day, I will be sneaking a little vino into the trolley, I feel sure I am going to need it tomorrow night.

Thank you to everyone here who pasted updates and shared their views. You're a fantastic bunch of sleuths.

Welcome to all the new members who have been spurred to join this week. I think it shows how deeply feel about Helen and Boris that you feel compelled to speak up for them. The more minds the merrier.

Here's hoping the jury is also feeling as we all do this evening.

I think we all need a group hug.

Keep your chin up! We may only be at the end of a keyboard (some of us with booze to hand, some not) BUT - we're in this together and I bet we all feel left subdued as well as aghast by today - despite trying to make a bit of lightness out of it all. I almost posted earlier about those text messages and just resorted to wiping my eyes and walking around the house for a while. Can't believe how he ever thought he'd get away with it to be honest! He's woven the biggest web of lies ever and surely won't be given one teensy little ounce of sympathy when it comes to the verdict. And we have yet to see X of course :thinking: :grouphug:

The cleaner and the smashed sculpture , hidden pieces - if that's a lie , I'd want to be recalled if I was that cleaner to set that straight

must have been after this photo was taken

Bailey-594290.jpg

A normal Sunday evening"

“Helen cooked a Shepherd’s Pie on Sunday night, it was all normal.

“Helen was just very stressed about the wedding, about her dad, my mum, and Boris ended up in the vets the week before.

“We watched TV Sunday evening, it was just a normal Sunday evening.

“Jamie’s birthday was on April 13, Helen saw a trailer for snooker and suggested it might be a nice thing to take him to the snooker world championships. “We had been walking that weekend. I was trying with Helen and Boris, to try and get back from longer walks.

“Helen went out driving with me. This is the first time I drove, I drove one way in the Jeep so she could drive back.

“We went to a garden centre and got some dog food.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-trial-partner-ian-12573132

Nope, IS has already told us that the first time he drove was on Saturday April 9, when he and Jamie went out in the Jeep to get some dog food.

So if they only saw this snooker trailer on Sunday April 10, then when were the tickets bought ?

There is no mention by IS of having done this on Monday April 11 - and as we know, Helen was not around after 11am.

So did he go ahead and buy these tickets anyway, sometime during that week ?

Because from Jamie's evidence

Jamie said: “During the week of April 11, dad rang me while I was at work to say himself and Helen had arranged tickets for us to go to the snooker championships. My birthday was a few weeks after.

And also seems that either IS or Jamie cannot remember when Jamie's birthday is

IS Jamie’s birthday was on April 13,

Jamie During the week of April 11, dad rang me My birthday was a few weeks after.

12:53
"Helen had a phobia of sewage"

“It was £120 a year to get rid of your sewage.

“We had it emptied every year. Helen had a major sewage problem in her house in Highgate.

“There ended up being sewage right outside her back door. Helen had a phobia of sewage.”

A phobia, you monster. Is that why you put her there? What an absolute cretin.

So if they only saw this snooker trailer on Sunday April 10, then when were the tickets bought ?

Because, from Jamie's evidence - IS phoned Jamie - during the week of April 11 - 15 and told him that he and Helen had already bought tickets for Jamie for the championships

This is why I wanted to hear more about when they were bought and how they were paid for.

I bet he's bought them after she died...probably on her card.

I haven't caught up completely, so I'm no doubt repeating somebody, but if the baddies told him not to contact Helen "in any way", what was his text with three kisses about?

And wasn't it awfully sweet of the kidnappers to allow Helen to bring her dog? Do you think they let her pack his food and toys? How thoughtful.

I would pick holes in his story, but his story is one big hole.

He is treating everyone involved, family, friends, jurors and judiciary, like idiots with his fairy tale - and most appalling of all, heaping even more disrespect on Helen. If there was even an atom of doubt about his guilt, it's been dispelled today. Ian Stewart is going down. I trust the judge will take into account his shameless Not Guilty plea and disgraceful self indulgence in court, and sentence appropriately.

It couldn't be more of a farce if Nick and Joe had arrived on the doorstep in a conga, pursued by Benny Hill, a bald headed pensioner and a nurse in suspenders.

I said I wouldn't put it past him to have recycled Diane's engagement ring, but I meant without letting Helen know where it came from.

I hope there are plenty of women on the jury, because I can't imagine any woman believing his crass tale of Helen asking for his dead wife's rings. Would. Not. Happen. What a piece of work he is even to think of such a thing.

He is treating everyone involved, family, friends, jurors and judiciary, like idiots with his fairy tale - and most appalling of all, heaping even more disrespect on Helen. If there was even an atom of doubt about his guilt, it's been dispelled today. Ian Stewart is going down. I trust the judge will take into account his shameless Not Guilty plea and disgraceful self indulgence in court, and sentence appropriately.

It couldn't be more of a farce if Nick and Joe had arrived on the doorstep in a conga, pursued by Benny Hill, a bald headed pensioner and a nurse in suspenders.

This morning I was worried that the jury might believe his lies... I'm no longer worried.

Thank you Dolly for providing a much needed comical release at the end of a LONG day [emoji8]

I said I wouldn't put it past him to have recycled Diane's engagement ring, but I meant without letting Helen know where it came from.

I hope there are plenty of women on the jury, because I can't imagine any woman believing his crass tale of Helen asking for his dead wife's rings. Would. Not. Happen. What a piece of work he is even to think of such a thing.

Exactly. I can believe he's tight and sick enough to have given Helen his dead wife's ring but no way do I believe that Helen knew and in fact asked to try it on as she rooted through her jewellery box.

Yes, I was worried yesterday with the "poor me" victim stuff in case the jury were sympathetic. That worry has more than been dispelled today with his "story".

As another poster said "prosecution star witness" and we have IS at your service.

How can he think anyone would believe that story? His son's might or might now but I bare in mind that they have probably been manipulated all of their lives by him. I would bet my last £1 that he has influenced their statements and they have done what he has asked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sorry if this is out of order- will remove it if not acceptable. This afternoon, unable to get on with my day job and inspired by IS's manic stories I did this for my wee blog.
helen-bailey-murder-976x1024.jpg

:laughing:LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL

That's it for today

That’s the end of the evidence today. The trial will resume tomorrow at 10am.

Thank goodness for that - don't think I could take much more

Has he more to say tomorrow? We haven't yet heard of the phone they gave him to follow instructions? It all sounds like a black comedy!

Adding an updated timeline for the morning of April 11, based on timings given in evidence today, plus prior evidence

Stewart is now asked about April 11, the day Helen disappeared.

At 8.02am, the alarm in the house is disarmed by Jamie Stewart, the defendant’s son. ( Jamie’s evidence says 07.30am )

There are various searches made on Helen’s iPad, including one for Nottingham Trent University.
Stewart: “Helen was half considering doing a degree course the following year”.

At 9.04am there was a call from the home landline to the solicitors, the jurors are told. Stewart said Helen made this call.
Stewart: “Our mobiles were all on the EE network.”
( so was it IS making this call and covering by saying both phones are on EE – pity the Solicitors don’t seem to have given evidence re this point )

Stewart said Boris was usually walked by both him and Helen after breakfast.
“On this particular morning, I’m 99 per cent sure Boris didn’t get a walk. ( I wonder why ? )

“I was in bed until a bit later, I came back downstairs.”

09 30am for about 30 – 40 minutes, the evidence of Stuart Kye says that he and Helen were back and forth on line, discussing his wedding

Between 10.14am and 10.45am, there are more iPad searches, another one on Brocket Hall.

And Helen is chatting with Tracey – via email and or text - from about 10.30 to 10.50 am ( wish we had detail of what was said, could this have been IS sending yes and no replies ? )

At 10.58am, the last search on Helen’s iPad relates to wedding planners on Twitter, the court is told.

“That’s when the internet activity stops,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members