GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously...how can he even think any of this could ever work in his favour.

They were in his house a number of times yet no fingerprints

They gave him a phone (why as they'd already contacted him umpteen times on his phone) which mysteriously no one has seen

They move the Jeep yet no finger prints

The meeting in margate which I presume wasn't caught on cctv

Miraculously they swap from needing a lever arch file to needing Helens phone

Not to mention the fact that they are oh so polite.

Does he think if her spins such a ludicrous yarn that if (when) he is found guilty he can go down the "it's not me it my mental health guv" route??

I mean if it was me in this situation rather than creating fictitious people and kidnap plots I'd have kept it simple - shed been taking my tablets and od'd, I panicked cos things hadn't been going great between us so rather than fess up I hid her and said she'd gone away for a few days but it all snowballed... Obviously the snagging point to that would be Boris but you get the gist

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well he didn't disappoint. He's still as mental as yesterday. Lies trip off his tongue so easily that I imagine he's been doing this all his life and getting away with it.

Chloe Keedy ‏@ChloeKeedyITV 3m3 minutes ago

Says next time he went to Broadstairs he took router away. Thought might use as extender + 'didn't know I was supposed to leave it there'

In the middle of all this drama he thinks, ooh look, another router, that'll come in handy back at home

The 'Oooh look' bit reminds me of this image I spotted last Thanksgiving - hopefully to make some of you smile. Lord knows we need something!

94e5a42510f841634339a9bd063f0858.jpg

Sorry if this has already been covered, I just wanted to clarify that JS' birthday is the 30th not 3th of April (publically available on Facebook):

attachment.php

Attachments

• JS bday.JPG
    JS bday.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 118
Also, Nick keeps thumping him but not leaving any bruises or continuing soreness?

The people who thought they knew him must be absolutely slack jawed at this tripe.

<RSBM>
11:30
“I only broke down twice in front of everyone, once in front of Dc Daines and once in front of a nurse.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-ian-12578906

DC Haines told quite a different version in court. The relevant parts are as follows:

"If searches are going to take place, you wouldn't find anything in the garage".

When they arrived, Daines said IS told her he had considered suicide. "He appeared to be anxious and uncomfortable with what we were asking of him”.

According to a statement read to the court, he told police, ‘If Helen does come back, I don't think I want to be with her any more’.

On the conclusion of the interview and when the machines were switched off, Stewart said, ‘Am I still the main suspect? I must be. I must be a suspect’. “We explained he wasn’t a suspect, but he was a key witness.

There was a discussion about press conferences. We asked Stewart if he wanted to do an appeal to find Helen. He wasn’t keen on the idea. He felt the media would twist anything he would have said and that a ‘no’ would soon end up being a ‘yes’.

Searches around the area had been taken place. He said he felt he should be informed of any searches taking place that included searches to his house as he felt like he hadn’t been told anything.

Then he said ‘Well, maybe you don’t want to tell me as you want to surprise me, catch me off guard’. We explained to him that this wasn’t the case. We were trying to get as much information about Helen’s lifestyle. Once the interview was finished he became much less anxious. He started to crack some jokes with us”. ...

I found his behaviour generally unexpected at times. He’d already snapped at me a couple of times when I asked him to do an interview, he grinned at me I found that quite odd. I found him rude and dismissive. I felt a certain unease about it”.

Well! Here we are. Seems all those red flags Tortoise and I raised were bone fide ref flags and we have ourselves one bone fide individual with an antisocial personality disorder. Having viewed some of the trial transcripts I do wonder where on the APD spectrum he rests. I'm leaning more towards psychopathy than sociopathy.

Either way, both personality types are effectively in a state of arrested development. Usually somewhere between the ages of 6-12. This is why so many comments from this forum focus on how he can spout such obvious BS to a jury and the wider world which includes Helen's family as well as his own. The answer is because he is pathologically constrained by his APD. The self control of a sociopath is only relative, that it is difficult for them and can slip at any time under the right pressure given the constraints they operate within. IS is a perfect example of this. Even though he managed to maintain the facade of being a "normal" likeable guy he could not help being a malingerer; he could easily form meaningful relationships but he could not sustain them. Both ended in catastrophic failure. His pathological self delusion and impulsiveness have placed him in a position where he is forced to lie, obfuscate, and even tailor his evidence when forced to admit he'd lied. ( i.e the note that was never left).

This is now essentially a slam dunk for the prosecution team as I suspected from the beginning. His counter explanation to the overwhelming circumstantial evidence does not constitute a reasonable doubt in any way, shape or form. This man will never be released and will most likely die in prison.

I wish you would give us some more of your insights into the personality type!

This is why I did not buy the objection that other people would have realised IS was a psycho

My own experience with a psycho is that everyone else loves them.

Indeed it is only my most perceptive contact who confided in me that he thought this person was "very difficult to get along with"

People are shocked to find out the stuff that psycho has done.

Most of the time they don't believe it or find a way to rationalise it.

i.e. it must have been my fault.

11:44
Stewart tells the court he looked at Helen's emails

“I was looking at Helen’s emails, police asked me to look at them one time, and my emails.

“I thought this was a way Helen could contact me if she went to an internet cafe or something.

“Her email was open on here iPad and on her desk Mac.

“I knew the passwords anyway, but they were open anyhow.

“Me and Helen had planned to go on holiday to Majorca. The plan was this was going to be a break after I came out of hospital for a bit.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-ian-12578906

So Helen was supposedly being held against her will and he expected her to take a stroll to an internet cafe? Perleeease!

Kate Bradbrook &#8207;@katebradbrook 4m4 minutes ago

#helenbailey Ian Stewart said he took Broadstairs router back to Royston to use as wifi extender. Denied more sinister motive

But the police found it packed up in a box, so it wasn't in use.

Wasn't sure what the difference between psychopaths and sociopaths was so found this explanation. IS is definitiely a psychopath
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

Thanks. It does sound just like him doesn't it

Psychopaths, on the other hand, are unable to form emotional attachments or feel real empathy with others, although they often have disarming or even charming personalities. Psychopaths are very manipulative and can easily gain people&#8217;s trust. They learn to mimic emotions, despite their inability to actually feel them, and will appear normal to unsuspecting people. Psychopaths are often well educated and hold steady jobs. Some are so good at manipulation and mimicry that they have families and other long-term relationships without those around them ever suspecting their true nature.

When committing crimes, psychopaths carefully plan out every detail in advance and often have contingency plans in place. Unlike their sociopathic counterparts, psychopathic criminals are cool, calm, and meticulous. Their crimes, whether violent or non-violent, will be highly organized and generally offer few clues for authorities to pursue. Intelligentpsychopaths make excellent white-collar criminals and "con artists" due to their calm and charismatic natures.

So, basically, IS admits to having her phone and removing the router.

We beg to differ about the why but the admission stands.

:alien3:

Also, Nick keeps thumping him but not leaving any bruises or continuing soreness?

The people who thought they knew him must be absolutely slack jawed at this tripe.

If any of them were doubting that he did it,I think his storytelling has just convinced them that he did

SO this is where he got rid of Helen's phone..... thrown into the sea no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's been my belief.

too risky to take it to spain in case they took the chance to turn him over at customs

11:30
Stewart tells the court he had suicidal thoughts

“I felt like harming myself in Broadstairs. I just wanted everything to stop.

“I was on the top of the cliff, I climbed over the railings.

“I thought about Jamie and Oliver and my mum and dad and Helen, and I wanted everything to stop.

“I also went to the railway line in Royston and watched the trains go by. I was thinking ‘I just want everything to stop’.

“I only broke down twice in front of everyone, once in front of Dc Daines and once in front of a nurse.”

This is not only ludicrous and an insult to Helen. Two years ago today a lovely 18 year old boy killed himself by throwing himself under a train nearby at Meldreth farm crossing. He and his parents had been let down by mental health services whereas this ghastly character was playing them for all he was worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper