GUILTY UK - Jordan Monaghan murdered daughter (Ruby), son (Logan) & gf (Evie Adams), Blackburn, 2013 & 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
15:31TOM EARNSHAW
Length of overall prison sentence now being decided
The judge will now determine the minimum terms Monaghan must spend in prison for the murders.

He says the victims were particularly vulnerable.

There was significant planning and premeditation in the murder of his girlfriend Evie, including faking text messages and a suicide note.

Jordan Monaghan guilty of murdering his two kids and girlfriend - live updates

15:36TOM EARNSHAW
Jury thanked
Prosecutor Mr Andrew Smith QC says Monaghan was charged with an additional charge of perjory.

It is no longer in the public interest to pursue a prosecution in that case and the matter will be left to lie on the file

The judge thanked the jury for their hard work in reaching a verdict.

Jordan Monaghan guilty of murdering his two kids and girlfriend - live updates

Reading about this case, coming after poor Arthur, poor Star, the 4 babies killed in a house fire last night (woman arrested)...it is just too much. May they all rest in peace, and those guilty of hurting them never have peace again.

Thank you to those who posted the updates xx

I haven't been following too closely but l am pleased he will he inside for 40 minimum and then monitored for the rest of his life. He will never not be a danger to vulnerable people he comes into contact with. Dread to think what he will get up to in prison.

That is an amazing sentence for the UK. I'm normally really disappointed. I just wish the murderers of star and Arthur had got that many years.
I keep thinking about how long it took the police so long to keep him locked up. Evie has a child also and he could have ended up killing that child too. I'm wondering if the child did not live with the mum.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
3:10pm

Mr Smith QC is now making submissions on behalf of the prosecution.

The prosecution say that the court could conclude the appropriate starting point is a whole life order.

Triple murderer Jordan Monaghan to be sentenced for killing two babies and girlfriend

Yes I agree with the prosecution. I would have liked to have heard why the judge deviated from this. A man who murdered two of his own babies and tried to murder a third, they obviously meant nothing to him. Then he moved on to his girlfriend, as if he could walk through his life just snuffing out lives like blowing out candles. He has to be categorised as a highly dangerous offender, certainly he isn't fit to share a cell. The word psychopath was invented for people like him. IMO

3:21pm

The Judge, the Honourable Me Justice Goose, is now sentencing Monaghan.

He has said he is an 'exceptionally cruel man'

"It is difficult to imagine why you carried out these offences but having listened to the evidence in this trial I am sure you are an exceptionally selfish, controlling and cruel man.”

Triple murderer Jordan Monaghan to be sentenced for killing two babies and girlfriend

I don't know about anyone else but I feel there is something lacking in these remarks. Just like when he was let out on bail and ordered to stay away from Evie, he wasn't considered to be dangerous enough to hold him under lock and key, until he murdered again, and even then he wasn't charged for over a year after Evie's death. It seems like there is some tiptoeing around some massive failings in this case and even now, it's been swept under the rug by words like selfish and cruel. What about exceedingly dangerous, violent, and unfit for society? I don't think a judge should be having to "imagine" why he murdered three people and attempted to murder a fourth all before his 30th birthday. I think psychiatric reports should have been ordered. JMO

I am so very sad for Laura Gray having to find out what he did to her beautiful babies now, eight years later. She deserved protection from him, and so did Evie.

ADMIN REMINDER

Any information regarding child X that is sourced to a private family court order is off limits.

What about exceedingly dangerous, violent, and unfit for society? I don't think a judge should be having to "imagine" why he murdered three people and attempted to murder a fourth all before his 30th birthday.
This. He’s a serial killer and obviously had no respect for human life whatsoever. That he “only” killed members of his own household is more by luck than judgement IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77
Back