GUILTY UK - Jordan Monaghan murdered daughter (Ruby), son (Logan) & gf (Evie Adams), Blackburn, 2013 & 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Monaghan, 30, a construction worker, was not in court to hear the verdicts.

However Mr Justice Goose ordered that he be brought to Preston Crown Court at 3pm this afternoon (December 17) where he will be sentenced to life in prison.

The jury were unanimous in their verdicts that Monaghan, of Belvere Close, Blackburn, murdered Logan, 21 months, in his buggy at the Waves swim centre in August 2013.

They also agreed unanimously that he murdered Evie Adams in October 2019 by giving her a fatal overdose of Tramadol and Diazepam.

They returned guilty verdicts by a majority of 10 to two that he also smothered Ruby to death after she had been discharged from hospital with a common chest complaint in January 2013 and tried to murder the third child on two separate occasions.

As the verdicts were delivered, members of the children's family wept in the public gallery.

Jordan Monaghan murdered his two kids and former partner

I'm probably not going to be here this afternoon when he's sentenced but I'll catch up with later.

I hope it's a whole life order! Killing to this guy is as easy as deciding what to have for dinner.

I've just found the live blog

11:46TOM EARNSHAW
Jury returns
The jury has returned to court to deliver its verdicts. 26 hours and 12 minutes have elapsed.

11:48SARAH HODGSON
The charges
Jordan Monaghan was accused of murdering his two children has denied intentionally harming them to save his relationship with their mother.

Jordan Monaghan, 30, denied murdering 24-day-old Ruby and 21-month-old Logan in 2013. He also denies the attempted murder of a third child.

11:49KEY EVENT
Guilty of murdering baby Ruby
He is found guilty of murdering baby Ruby by a majority of 10-2

11:49KEY EVENT
Guilty of murder baby Logan
The jury find him guilty of murdering baby Logan.

11:50KEY EVENT
Guilty of attempted murder of third child
Monaghan found guilt of the attempted murder of a third child by majority 10-2

11:51KEY EVENT
Guilty of murdering girlfriend Evie Adams
He has also been found guilty of murdering Evie Adams - his 24-year-old girlfriend who died in October 24, 2019

11:52SARAH HODGSON
Mum of murdered children weeps in court
The children’s mum wept in the public gallery as the verdicts were delivered

Monaghan will be sentenced at 3pm today.

The defendant was not in court to hear the verdicts delivered.

He will be brought from prison to be sentenced this afternoon.

11:56SARAH HODGSON
Sentencing this afternoon
Monaghan will learn his fate at 3pm today.

He has been found guilty of the murder of two babies and his girlfriend, as well as the attempted murder of a third child.

Our court reporter will be in the courtoom bringing you updates later this afternoon.

12:10SARAH HODGSON
Face of a killer
This picture shows murderer Jordan Monaghan.

0_0173c6af-e55b-44c2-b8a4-bff305e1b521jfif.jpg

12:12SARAH HODGSON
Triple killer facing life behind bars
Triple killer Jordan Monaghan is facing life behind bars after being convicted of murdering his newborn baby girl and toddler son by smothering, and six years later killing his new partner with a drug overdose.

The 30-year-old, a manipulative and controlling gambling addict, obstructed the airways of his helpless children in separate murders in January and August, 2013.

After further information came to light, police reviewed the deaths of Ruby, aged 24 days, and Logan, aged 21 months, and in 2018, Monaghan was arrested.

He was on police bail for the child murders when he murdered his new girlfriend with a deadly cocktail of prescription drugs in October 2019..

12:17SARAH HODGSON
Evie Adams believed she had food poisoning - but her boyfriend was the one to blame for her death
Monaghan killed because he could not face rejection by his partners, Preston Crown Court heard during his 10-week trial.

Evie Adams, 24, died from a fatal overdose of Tramadol and Diazepam on October 24 2019.

During the trial, the court heard that Ms Adams had believed that she was suffering from food poisoning before her death. However, in reality her own boyfriend - Monaghan - was to blame.

Police have released this photo of Ms Adams.

0_Evie-Adams.jpg

Jordan Monaghan guilty of murdering his two kids and girlfriend - live updates

[...] But a review was carried out by Lancashire Police after further information came to light and Monaghan was arrested and bailed on suspicion of murder in January 2018.

As the highly complex police investigation continued, Monaghan began a “toxic” relationship with mother-of-one Evie Adams, 23, who had suffered “chronic abuse” before becoming a foster child aged 12.

Police warned her not to be with him and a court order was made banning contact.

But the relationship continued and, while on bail for the murder of his children, Monaghan killed Miss Adams after she threatened to dump him.

Monaghan told her: “I won’t keep putting up with you saying we are over.”

Jordan Monaghan found GUILTY of killing his two children and girlfriend

So a couple of jurors thought the third baby collapsing, while in his care, twice, was coincidental :eek:

How guilty verdicts unfolded in court today

Triple killer Jordan Monaghan has been found guilty of murdering his two children Ruby and Logan and his former partner Evie Adams.

He has also been convicted of attempting to murder another child on two separate occasions.

After 26 hours and 12 minutes of deliberations the jury returned guilty verdicts of guilty to the three counts of murder, along with two counts of attempting to murder a third child who collapsed while in Monaghan's care.

Read full story

12:40SARAH HODGSON
Monaghan's cruelty 'beyond belief' as CPS describe murders as 'ruthless' and 'harrowing'
The Crown Prosecution Service has described Monaghan as "utterly selfish", saying his "cruelty was beyond belief".

Martin Hill, Deputy Head of CPS North West’s Complex Casework Unit said:

’Jordan Monaghan’s cruelty is beyond belief and the ruthlessness of these murders is harrowing. It is difficult to comprehend the depravity that went into planning and committing these murders.

’Three innocent people needlessly lost their lives due to Monaghan’s utter selfishness. Together the CPS and Lancashire police were able to build a strong case against him by ensuring all possible medical explanations for the deaths of the children could be discounted.

’I cannot begin to imagine the pain and suffering that Monaghan’s actions have caused to the families of the victims. They have conducted themselves with the upmost dignity and been incredibly brave and patient throughout.

’Nothing can make up for the loss of their loved ones, but we can only hope, following today’s verdicts, they feel justice has been done. Our thoughts remain with the families.’’

2:50pm

We are expecting proceedings to get underway in around 10 minutes.

Court 5, where Mongahan is due to be sentenced, is filling up, but we have a reporter in court watching proceedings over the video link.

3:00pm

Monaghan will be sentenced for the murders of Ruby and Logan; his own children, and Evie Adams, his girlfriend.

He will also be sentenced for two counts of attempted murder.

3:04pm

Everyone is now in court and prosecutor Mr Smith QC is reading victim impact statements

Triple murderer Jordan Monaghan to be sentenced for killing two babies and girlfriend

3:06pm

‘When the children went, a part of me went with them’

In a statement read on behalf of Laura Gray, the mother of Ruby and Logan, Mr Smith QC has read how when the children were killed, a part of her went with them.

She said: “When the children were born they consumed by whole ehart, they still do.

“I was and still am a good mum. It has taken me a long time to believe this.

“I would have done and still will do anything for them.”

Triple murderer Jordan Monaghan to be sentenced for killing two babies and girlfriend

15:12TOM EARNSHAW
Murders 'involved premeditation'
The court is currently hearing statements from the families of Monaghan's victims.

Mr Andrew Smith QC then told the court the murders of Logan and Evie involved a high degree and premeditation.

All Monaghan's victims were particularly vulnerable, the court has been told.

15:16KEY EVENT
Mum of Ruby and Logan says 'all I ever wanted was to be a mum'
Mum of murdered Ruby and Logan, Laura Gray, said:

All I ever wanted was to be a mum. I wanted to give children the love and opportunities I never had growing up. Jordan knew how much I wanted that.

My children are the most important thing in my life. I loved every single day I had with them.

I have the memories and they are truly lovely memories but memories will never beat the reality.

I will never be the same person again. When the children went a huge part of me went with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77
Back