UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11:31Philip Dewey
'I have got doors and alarms everywhere'
A recording made by PC Russell Hibbs of his arrival at 5 Lower Llansantffraid is played to the court.

It shows Angharad Williamson in a hysterical state and the flat appears untidy.

PC Hibbs enters the house and Williamson can be heard screaming.

Williamson said: “Spiderman pyjamas. I have got doors and alarms everywhere.”

PC Hibs makes a search of the main bedroom

Williamson said: “My back gate’s open. It’s [the woman]. She would have taken him. He’s got no shoes, no coat. Please.”

PC Hibbs makes a search of the kitchen. The sound of a washing machine or tumble dryer can be heard.

PC Ryan Matthews said: “Has he got a father?”

Williamson said: “His biological father is in London… [The woman] has got him…. She’s done this.”

PC Hibbs makes a search of the garden and the side gate.

PC Hibbs said: “We can’t say that at this time.”

Williamson said: “Where is he then?”

PC Hibbs said: “I don’t know.”

The officer searches the path.

Williamson said: “He’s got Covid so I can’t remember if we were airing the room. The back door was open.”

PC Matthews said: “Did you lock it?”

Willaimson said: “I thought I did." She again then blames a woman for Logan’s disappearance befor adding: "My partner John Cole, he’s out running now looking for him.”

The footage finished and after brief questioning by Peter Rouch QC, for Williamson, PC Hibbs finishes his evidence.

1:33Philip Dewey
Cole 'looked upset and quite agitated'

The next witness is PC Richard Lea.

He was made aware of a report of a missing child at an address in Sarn.

PC Lea remained at the police station and asked PC Ryan Matthews and PC Russell Hibbs to search the flat at Lower Llansantffraid.

He received a call from PC Lauren Keen saying she had removed a child from the river and he appeared to be deceased.

PC Lea made his way to Pandy Park and saw paramedics and police officers carrying out CPR on the boy.

He than made his way to the flat at 5 Lower Llansantffraid

The officer said he became aware of a woman outside the address. He now knows her as Angharad Williamson

He said: “She was upset, she was barefoot and shouting: ‘Where’s my son? Where’s my son?’. She was clearly distressed.”

He later became aware of Cole. Describing him, PC Lea said: “He was sweating, out of breath, and jogging along the street. He looked upset and quite agitated but I can’t remember him saying much.

“[Williamson] was asking us where her son was and what we were doing to find him. She was still very upset. [Cole] was trying to calm her down but that was a difficult task…

“They were asking us where Logan was and what we were doing to try and find him.

“There was a comment about the hospital, I think it was Angharad. I believed they had talked to other officers.”

11:35Philip Dewey
Williamson had medical episode
PC Richard Lea, who is in the witness box, said Angharad Williamson became unwell.

He said: “She took a couple of steps backwards and lay on the floor on her back. John told us she suffered with epilepsy and was having some kind of episode. I’ve seen people having fits before and it was consistent with someone with epilepsy.

“[Cole] was crouched down by the side trying to stop her banging her head.”

The officer became aware of the youth defendant in the flat.

Williamson regained consciousness and addressed the officer.

PC Lea said: “She said she wanted to see Logan but I said that was not possible. I told her he was unconscious and paramedics and my colleague were performing CPR on him.”

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC said: “Did you tell him where he was?”

PC Lea said: “No.”

Ms Rees said: “Did you tell them they would be taken to hospital as soon as possible?”

PC Lea said: “Yes… I was being contacted on my radio a lot so I was in and out of the house having conversations with other people.”

11:50Philip Dewey
'He’s cold, he needs his mum, he needs his blanket, he needs me there'
PC Richard Lea returned to the flat and heard Angharad Williamson talking to PC Matthew Davies and to John Cole.

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC asked: “What did she say?”

PC Lea said: “I had a conversation with her myself. I told her [Logan] was unconscious and she asked me to clarify what I meant. I said he was unconscious and my colleagues were trying to revive him.”

Ms Rees said: “Did you hear her say anything to PC Davies?”

PC Lea said: “She said: ‘I’ve watched enough cop programmes, I’m not stupid. Where is my son? Tell me what’s going on’.”

Ms Rees said: “Did she calm down?”

PC Lea said: “Not really.”

Ms Rees said: “What was she saying?”

PC Lea said: “Just asking us for information: ‘Why won’t anyone tell me what’s going on?’. We were trying to keep her calm. I was aware she had an episode and didn’t want to repeat that. I didn’t think it was helping anyone, her emotional state being so high up.”

Ms Rees said: “Did you see Angharad and John by the back door?”

PC Lea said: "Yes. She said: ‘He needs to be taken care of, he will be cold. Hypothermia will cause that, that’s why he needs his blanket’.”

Ms Rees said: “What did she say after you asked her to sit down?”

PC Lea replied: "I said: ‘I know how you feel’ and she said: ‘You know how I feel? I woke up, my child’s not here, the back gate’s open, he’s got no shoes or coat on’.”

Ms Rees said: “Did you tell her he had no coat or shoes?”

PC Lea said: “I didn’t know what he was wearing, I hadn’t seen him apart from a distance."

Ms Rees said: “Did you say anything about the river?”

PC Lea said: “Not that I can recall.”

The witness said Williamson became further agitated when he prevented her from leaving the house.

PC Lea said: “We had a further conversation. She wanted to go down to where he was. I said that wasn’t possible. At that time the park had been shut off and we were preserving it as a crime scene. I thought there was nothing she could do and she would distract the officers.”

Ms Rees said: “Did there come a point [the youth] came on the scene?”

PC Lea said: “He came out of the bedroom and attempted to embrace Angharad… I can’t really remember how she reacted but it was nothing significant.”

Ms Rees said: “What did she say?”

PC Lea said: “She said: ‘I could be by his bedside looking after him. He’s cold, he needs his mum, he needs his blanket, he needs me there’.”

Ms Rees said: “Had anything been said about his temperature?”

PC Lea said: “Not by me.”

Ms Rees said: “Did she attempt to walk out the door?”

PC Lea said: “I stepped out and put my arm in front of her and she wasn’t happy about that. I made the point and emphasised strongly she didn’t leave the house… She was very unhappy and said: ‘Don’t put your arm in front of me please’.”

Ms Rees said: “Did she speak to PC Davies and ask why she couldn’t go to the hospital?”

PC Lea said: “Yes.”

We don’t know who the youth is, there may be bio family there, we just don’t know.

A name could be said without using the full name to protect the person.

If it’s being said in court but not printed, there’s a possibility that it’s linked to the restrictions. MOO

any guesses with the youtube? her son was dying and she was watching videos? wonder if she deleted everything they don't say what she was watching

Even if she deleted anything like search history, they can still find out what she saw. I'm hoping they release what she was typing in if relevant to this case. Even more-so so I can try and fathom how stupid these people are to think it wouldn't get found if deleted.

11:52KEY EVENT
Officer recounts telling defendants Logan had died
The court hears PC Richard Lea notified Angharad Williamson that her son had died.

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC said “Did you receive information Logan’s life was extinct and he was at the Princess of Wales Hospital?”

PC Lea said: “Yes.”

Ms Rees said: “Did you speak to Angharad Williamson and tell her he wasn’t able to be saved?”

PC Lea said: “Yes. She was upset again. Fell onto the bed and appeared to be having some sort of episode again.”

Ms Rees said: “Was John Cole there?”

PC Lea said: “Yes, he tried to stop her rolling around… He was trying to comfort her and stop her from hurting herself… The episode lasted a short while and she seemed to respond to him.”

At this point Williamson can be heard crying in the dock.

The court heard Willamson was taken to hospital with a close friend and PC Lea walked Cole, the youth, and another child to his house in Maesglas.

Peter Rouch QC, for Willamson, asks PC Lea if he told his client where Logan’s body was.

The officer said: “I can’t remember the exact location but it may have come over the radio.”

Mr Rouch said: “It was a fraught time for everybody who was there.”

PC Lea said: “Of course yes. Some of my colleagues have been deeply, deeply traumatised by this incident..”

Mr Rouch said: “The information you had was he was unconscious and the ambulance crew were working on him?”

The officer confirmed this.

Mrs Justice Jefford DBE asks PC Lea if he told Williamson if Logan’s body had been found.

He said: “I don’t think it was me, I can’t recall saying he had been found but she had spoken to a few other people.”

PC Lea has finished his evidence.

11:55Philip Dewey
Cole 'was pacing back and forth and was unable to concentrate or take on information'
The next live witness is PC Matthew James.

He said he attended 5 Lower Llansantffraid having been told that a five-year-old child had been declared dead.

The officer was told Angharad Williamson, John Cole, the youth defendant, and another child were at the address.

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC said: “Did you see Angharad Williamson?”

PC James said: “Yes, she would come out of the property, ask where her son was and ask if she could see him. She was upset, visibly crying, and asked to see her son.”

The court heard PC James went inside the property to preserve the scene and Cole, the youth, and another child were still there. Cole confirmed he had another address nearby where he could stay.

Ms Rees said: “Did John Cole ask you anything?”

PC James said: “He asked me what belongings he should take with him.”

Ms Rees said: “How did he appear?”

PC James said: “He was pacing back and forth and was unable to concentrate or take on information.”

Ms Rees said: “Did he take a phone call?”

PC James said: “Yes, it was a female voice. He was it was Ms Williamson.”

Ms Rees said: “Did they leave the property and did you lock the scene?”

The officer confirms he did.

Harry Baker, for Cole, asked PC James if he heard what Williamson said to Cole on the phone.

PC James said: “Yes, she said: ‘It’s him. I have to go’.”

The officer has finished his evidence and the court adjourns for a short break.

12:28Philip Dewey
Youth was playing 18-rated computer game hours later
The trial continues.

The next witness is PC Brian Cooper.

He attended Lower Llansantffraid at 7am on July 31 last year and secured the bridge leading from Lower Llansantffraid to Pandy Park.

At 10am he was instructed to attend the home of John Cole at 20 Maesglas. There he found Cole, the youth defendant, and another child. He spoke with Cole in the kitchen.

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC said: “How did [Cole] seem to be in himself?”

PC Cooper said: “He seemed to be very upset. He sat on the floor and asked to roll a cigarette. He was very upset and very worried… I thought he was upset about the incident.”

The court heard the youth defendant was in the living room.

Cole received a message from Angharad Willaimson saying they were at the Princess of Wales Hospital.

CID officers arrived so PC Cooper went into the living room with the youth defendant

PC Cooper said: “He was playing a video game called Call of Duty Cold War on his Xbox.”

Ms Rees said: “Was that an 18 certificate game?” The officer confirms it was

Ms Rees said: “Did you get the impression he was experienced in playing that game?”

PC Cooper said: “Yes.”

Ms Rees said: “When he was being shot on the game did he make a comment :‘You’re *advertiser censored***** adopted’ and did he make other inappropriate comments while playing the game?”

PC Cooper said: “Yes… He was fully immersed in the game.”

Ms Rees said: “Did John Cole object to this?”

PC Cooper said: “No.”

Ms Rees said: “How was his demeanour?”

PC Cooper said: “He was fully involved in the game, used the maps and weapons really well. He said when he plays with his friend he takes the lead.”

Ms Rees said: “What was the tone of his voice?”

PC Cooper said: “Just a quick outburst.”

CID officers went into the living room to speak to the youth and the officer went back to Lower Llansantffraid

John Hipkin QC, for the youth, claims his client did not use the term “adopted” but PC Cooper maintains he did.

12:30Philip Dewey
Witness says he saw Williamson 'collapse'
The next witness is PC Matthew Davies.

He attended Lower Llansantffraid at 5.45am on July 31, 2021, and made his way to Pandy Park where he saw officers along with John Cole and the youth defendant

The officer said: “They were shouting ‘Logan’ from memory.”

When he returned to Lower Llansantffraid PC Davies said he saw Cole outside the address and was wearing a Deadpool T-shirt.

PC Davies went into the property and saw Angharad Williamson.

Ms Rees said: “What did Angharad Williamson do?

PC Davies said: “She appeared to collapse backwards suffering from a fit.”

Ms Rees said: “What did John Cole do?”

PC Davies said: “He went to help her.”

The officer is asked if he heard PC Richard Lea tell Williamson that Logan was unconscious and he confirms he did.

12:49Ciaran Jones
Witness says Logan's mother was 'extremely distressed, vocal, quite restless, and agitated'
The court heard PC Matthew Davies, who is giving evidence, spent an hour and 45 minutes in 5 Lower Llansantffraid.

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC said: “How was Angharad Williamson?

PC Davies said: “Extremely distressed, vocal, quite restless, and agitated.”

Ms Rees said: “Did she want to find Logan?”

The officer said: “She did.”

Ms Rees said: “Did you ever tell her where he was?”

PC Davies said: “I can’t recall if I did.”

Ms Rees said: “Did she make any comments as to the circumstances she found Logan missing?”

PC Davies said: “She suggested two explanations – possibly the back door was unlocked or faulty and she blamed another female.”

Ms Rees said: “What about John Cole and [the youth] – did they ask about Logan?”

PC Davies said: “I remember [the youth] did. I can’t remember John asking.”

Ms Rees said: “Did John Cole take you to the back door?”

PC Davies said: “Yes at one point, it was in relation to checking whether the door was lockable or closable. I noticed a motion sensor on Logan’s window.”

Ms Rees said: “Did you become aware Logan had died?”

PC Davies said: “I did.”

Ms Rees said: “Did you notify the family?”

PC Davies: “I did not.”

Murder accused mum 'fell onto bed' when told son was dead, jury told

I think that both adults were terrified.
They never, in their stupidity, thought that Logan might die.

And the youth....umm...is completely disconnected from reality.
He seems intellectually disabled, not really understanding.
He was not properly taken care of, was only a benefit ticket for his "carer".
MOO

14:10KEY EVENT
'Can you tell him I love him and I am on my way?'
Footage is played of PC Matthew Davies’ body-worn camera of him inside the house at Lower Llansantffraid with Angharad Williamson, John Cole, and the youth defendant from 6.34am on July 31 last year.

It’s a lengthy video of around an hour.

Here’s the transcript:

Willamson: Why not, no, no (She collapses to the floor)

Cole: I’m asking now, she’s epileptic and suffers with seizures

Police: So she’s having a fit

Cole: Yeah

Police: Hold her head

Cole: I’ve done this before mate

Youth: What’s going on with Logan?

Police: The ambulance are with him

Youth: Why?

Cole: I have stopped, give her some air to breathe

Williamson: Ugh… come down…. I want to know what has happened to Logan… Where is Logan?

Police: With the ambulance crew

Williamson: I want to see him

Police: Give them five minutes for the ambulance to see to him

Williamson: Why can’t I see him?

Police: You’re just going to get in the way

Williamson: What do you mean? He’s my son

Police: You just have to stay here for a sec

Williamson: Is there a reason why they won’t let me see him?

Cole: Is he okay?

Police: Ambulance services are with him

Williamson: Thank you. Can I go with him?

Police: Not at the moment

Williamson: Why can’t I?

Police: They need to do stuff with him

Williamson: He’s cold, he needs his mum. He’s got no coat, no shoes on. Why won’t you let me see my son? It’s not fair.

Williamson goes to pass out and Cole takes her to the sofa

Williamson: I want to see my son

Police: You’re not in a fit state at the moment

Williamson: Thank you for finding him. Can I just bring him home please? Can you tell him I love him and I am on my way? Thank you, he must be scared….. What is wrong with my son?

Police: I know very little

Cole: I have just seen the ambulance down here, I have been dragged up here and you won’t let me search that area of the field. I am asking why. Is he okay?

Police: The ambulance services are with him

Williamson: That’s not what he asked…. I have watched enough cop programmes, I am not stupid. What is wrong with my son? I am his mother, tell me what is going on now

Police: He’s unconscious and the ambulance crew are with him

Williamson: What do you mean he’s unconscious? Let me see him, why can’t I see him? I am his mother…. Please. Why won’t anyone let me see my child?

Cole: Getting angry with the police won’t help

Williamson: Why won’t you please tell me what is going on?

Youth: Is he okay or not?

Police (speaking to Williamson): I don’t want you falling over and hitting your head again. It’s as much as we know at the moment. The ambulance service needs more time with him

Williamson: I need some fresh air for two minutes. Can I get two seconds of fresh air? Why am I not allowed to see my own biological son? Why is he unconscious?

Cole: I don’t know

Williamson: He’s my baby, what’s going on?

Cole: They need to do their job

Williamson: I should have got that *advertiser censored***** locked. *advertiser censored***** door (Sobbing)... Why is he unconscious?… He needs me, he’s scared

Cole: You need to calm down. If you have another seizure it’s not going to help if you’re in a hospital bed with Logan. This is not going to help you….

Williamson: He’s probably just cold. I need to take his coat. Will you take him his coat down? He will be cold. He needs his pillow, he’s cold… I am not feeling 100%, I am severely epileptic

Cole: Calm down

Williamson: Do you think he’s okay? That’s hyporthermia.

Cole: Do you need a drink?

Williamson: Hypothermia, hypothermia will cause that. That’s why he needs his blanket

Police: I know how you feel

Williamson: You know how I feel? My child’s not here, the back door is unlocked, he’s got no shoes, he’s got no coat

Police: There’s nothing you can do

Williamson: What do you mean there’s nothing you can do now? Why won’t you let me go see him? I asked a question – why?

Cole: You lot have just pushed me back up here. This doesn’t look good.

Williamson: Jay, people are putting their arms in front of me where I can’t walk. I want a straight answer – why won’t you let me down there? As his mother, if there’s a car accident I am allowed to stand by his side. Why can’t I go down there?”

Police: We would prefer

Williamson: I am not preferred…. Tell this man to stop putting his arm in front of me. I want to see my son

Cole: Calm down, you don’t want another seizure

Williamson: Why won’t they let me see him?

More of the transcript will follow soon

Murder accused mum 'fell onto bed' when told son was dead, jury told

I just don't get what they thought would happen and they're still pleading not guilty, the charade is up. It reminds me of Karen Matthews. Did she really think the police would just accept that a woman kidnapped her son and drowned him? That the police would know right away that he had not drowned? Just typical of these types of people to think they're smarter than the police as she says herself "I've watched a lot of cop shows I'm not stupid".... Except you are!

14:29Philip Dewey
'I am sick of being treated like an idiot, something is going on'

The transcript of the footage from PC Matthew Davies' body-worn camera, shot in Lower Llansantffraid with the three defendants,continues.

Youth: Is Logan okay?

Police: I don’t know buddy

Williamson: What’s going on? (Sobbing) He’s scared, he’s going to need me. We need to get some stuff together for him in the hospital. I need a backpack for him. Have they arrested [the woman] yet?

Police: What for?

The response cannot be published for legal reasons

Williamson: I have given you her name. You need to arrest her. A five-year-old cannot open a gate

Cole’s response cannot be published for legal reasons

Cole: Angharad you said about that gate

Williamson: A five-year-old cannot open that gate, my back gate. A five-year-old can’t open a back gate…. Logan was stuck inside with Covid, he was allowed out today. What is going on? Why won’t you tell me? I need to get some clothes on and go to the hospital. Is this his bag? Yes, I am doing his bag… Anything else coming through?

Police: No, there’s nothing Angharad

Williamson: I don’t know what to put in

Cole: Put in some pyjamas and a change of clothes

Williamson: What if he’s cold? I need to get changed, I need to go to the hospital with him. I need to close this door to get changed. (Williamson changes) Can you grab me a Fruit Shoot please?

Cole: Yes I’ll do it now

Williamson: Something is going on and they’re not *advertiser censored***** telling us. I don’t give a s*** what they say. I have watched enough *advertiser censored***** documentaries in my life. I am sick of being treated like an idiot, something is going on…. Do you think I’ve got warm clothing? I’ve got Logan’s pillow…. I need to get down there

Cole: Right now, running around

Williamson: I need to be there for Logan

Cole: You have just had a seizure, you have literally just had a seizure

Williamson: What’s the update?

Police: There’s no… just he’s unconscious

Williamson: He needs to go to hospital, we need to go now

Police: They don’t want you there Angharad, not at the moment

Williamson: You need to level with me because I am not stupid. Have you got children? Have your children gone missing? Then please don’t put yourself in my position right now

Police: I’m not trying to treat you like an idiot but I don’t know

Williamson: I swear to God if this is [the woman] I will make her pay

Cole: You need to sit down, I am begging you please

Williamson: Where’s my son?

14:45Philip Dewey
'This is all my fault'

The transcript of the footage from PC Matthew Davies' body-worn camera, shot in Lower Llansantffraid with the three defendants, continues.

Williamson: Where is he?

Police: He’s over towards the park where Jay was

Cole: We were down by Pandy Park

Williamson: (On phone to friend) They’ve found him, he’s unconscious (sobbing)... I am supposed to protect him… Is that [friend]. Can I go out? I promise I won’t go wandering off I swear. Why are you not letting me out of the house? I need you to level with me, parent to parent

Police: You can’t go down there.

Williamson: (Pointing to another police officer) I don’t want to deal with him anymore. He put his arm in front of me. Is it his job to tell me where to go in my own house? Is his child missing? Is his child unconscious? If he’s unconscious he needs me, he needs warm clothing, he needs his mum (sobbing)... I feel so useless standing here…. This is all my fault, the back door’s been dodgy for ages. How did that get…. None of this makes sense. I just want to see him.

Willamson’s next sentence cannot be published for legal reasons.

Cole: [Logan’s] probably just wandered down there.

Williamson’s response cannot be published for legal reasons

Cole: Did you lock the back door?

Williamson: I thought you did

Williamson’s friend arrives to the property and she runs to hug her

Williamson: Have you seen him? What’s going on? What have you seen? What have you seen?

Friend: There’s lots of police cars and ambulances there

Williamson: Anything can be said in front of her, she’s my best friend. Where is he?

Friend: By the back side of the school

Williamson: Did you see him?

Cole: What do you know? What have you seen?

Williamson: Why are you not telling me?... I am not feeling very well (She nearly collapses and sways from side to side)

Police: Will a *advertiser censored* make you feel better?

Williamson: I don’t know, I don’t drink. I have a coffee, play with my children, and have a *advertiser censored*.

Police: I’m not lying to you, that’s all we know

Williamson: It’s got to be her

The friend hugs Williamson

Williamson: I have packed a bag to go to hospital. He’s got no shoes or no coat.

Friend: He’s got the best mummy in the world

Williamson: It was the back door, we were supposed to report it…. I thought I’d locked it. The gate’s open as well. It must be [the woman]. They’ve got to go and arrest her. He can’t open that gate

Friend: You need to calm down

Williamson: I need to see him… (Shouts) Logan.

Youth: (Speaking to Williamson) Come and have a lie down on the bed. You locked the gate at the top and the bottom

Williamson: I have been running everywhere

Youth: Is he okay?

Police: We don’t know

Williamson: He’s unconscious and nobody is telling us anything so something has happened. We’ve watched enough cop shows

Youth: What’s unconscious?... Oh, knocked out, s***

Williamson: It could be hypothermia from the cold

Youth: It’s not that cold unless he’s gone in the river

Williamson: What do you mean gone in the river?

Youth: If he’s throwing stones in the river… We saw him over there near Pandy Park

Williamson: I just want to see him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member