Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, i'm a prolific lurker and don't post often (or at all!) but I just wanted to point something out that may not be known to people outside of the area. Whilst I don't believe there to be foul play involved here (at least, I hope), Blackpool (just a few miles from where this lady is missing) is sadly notorious for having sex offenders and paedophiles dumped here. A recent book written about the area estimated there to be around 700 of them here currently.

"An author from Lancashire has released a new book in which she claims to know just how many paedophiles are living in one area of the county.

As part of the ‘true stories by ordinary people’ series, Angela Coppice, from Preston, has written a tell-all book entitled, A Golden Mile of Paedophiles: Sun Sea Sand And Sex Offenders, Welcome To The Dark Side Of Blackpool.
The book, released in paperback on September 23, claims that 700 convicted, high risk sex offenders, paedophiles and rapists are currently living in the seaside resort."

So, whilst there are many lovely villages around Wyre, they are just a hop, skip and jump from quite a few seedy characters. I love living on the Fylde coast, but I have eyes on the back of my head at all times...especially where my child is concerned. Again, not stating this has anything to do with NB going missing.

From the link above.

An old 'abandoned' house has been searched as part of the effort to find missing mum Nicola Bulley

It comes after police confirmed today they have tracked down a potentially key witness.

It is understood Nicola had dropped her two young children off at St Michael's-on-Wyre Church of England Primary School, and leaving her car parked nearby, went on the walk with spaniel Willow - something she is said to do regularly.

He said they scoured a long stretch of the river, including wooded areas, water margins and the grounds of a large unoccupied country house.

Speaking to the Mirror, he said: "The abandoned house is right opposite the bench on the other side of the river, over a 10ft garden wall. It’s quite posh.

"We didn’t go into the house, as a volunteer search and rescue team we don’t actually go into buildings. We might go into a barn or something. We leave that to the police.

I think we talked about that house in an earlier thread - someone matched the dormer windows in the photograph of the bench to establish where it was on a map. Odd that the owner was around at the time the search was being carried out. JMO.

Yes, I picked up on this too....very strange. The tow path River walk is 3 miles from her home "I'm not aware of how she made her way from the village?" said the Supt, very odd. Nicola either must have driven, or got a lift (from Whom) they're either keeping this quiet or don't know. I don't think she'd walk all that way there, very odd, I'ts not that long since Julia James was lost walking her dog. I hope Nicola is found and my thoughts are with her family especially her children.

Hi all, i'm a prolific lurker and don't post often (or at all!) but I just wanted to point something out that may not be known to people outside of the area. Whilst I don't believe there to be foul play involved here (at least, I hope), Blackpool (just a few miles from where this lady is missing) is sadly notorious for having sex offenders and paedophiles dumped here. A recent book written about the area estimated there to be around 700 of them here currently.

"An author from Lancashire has released a new book in which she claims to know just how many paedophiles are living in one area of the county.

As part of the ‘true stories by ordinary people’ series, Angela Coppice, from Preston, has written a tell-all book entitled, A Golden Mile of Paedophiles: Sun Sea Sand And Sex Offenders, Welcome To The Dark Side Of Blackpool.
The book, released in paperback on September 23, claims that 700 convicted, high risk sex offenders, paedophiles and rapists are currently living in the seaside resort."

So, whilst there are many lovely villages around Wyre, they are just a hop, skip and jump from quite a few seedy characters. I love living on the Fylde coast, but I have eyes on the back of my head at all times...especially where my child is concerned. Again, not stating this has anything to do with NB going missing.
That's a very scary thought

Now seeing these, in the state they would have been in on Friday, I could totally imagine someone slipping /sliding in. Look like very muddy banks and wet.

The bank is really quite steep for the last few feet before it meets the river and, as has been correctly pointed out earlier, the curvature of the river in front of the bench means that it is likely to be relatively deep at that point. Factor in the effects of cold water shock, and it could prove very difficult to exit the water at that point.

Im a local and can tell you the winds are getting up around here, it’s 7 degrees so not to bad… we are around 18 miles from Blackpool, thanks for the reminder about the paedophile stretch, one of the reasons we don’t visit to much is Charlene downes

If she had gone into the water surely you would expect to see some degree of preperation - wouldnt her phone, headphones, shoes or something have been left on the bank?

Edit: Just read they found her phone and dog with leash and harness on a bench.

Hi first time on here, have been following the story, I really hope she is found and well, when I have team meetings from work, I sometimes join with my phone, muted and not on video, I put my phone down on the sofa still listening whilst I make a drink etc. She could have dropped a water bottle, a dog toy and slipped down the bank to retrieve it, the dog was apparently found in between the bench and river so could have unfortunately trampled any skid marks, especially after that amount of time, the bank looks very slippery.

Thanks for the link! Some of the photos:

View attachment 399001View attachment 399002
1675192422656-png.399003
View attachment 399005View attachment 399006View attachment 399007

imo that does not look like a steep bank, certainly not one you’d fall or slip down from the top and end up in the water.

The water looks relatively calm and something most dogs could swim comfortably in. It’s not particularly fast flowing from what we can see on the videos .

I see from that post earlier in the thread, the depth is around 0.5m, yet the news earlier showed a police frogman in and he was chest deep (maybe 4-5ft?) so it is definitely deeper in places, but again not fast flowing and with plenty of trees on the side to grab onto.

Whilst the rivers the obvious answer, there’s just so many things that don’t add up. If she had got into trouble in the water, then surely they’d have found something by now given the relatively calm conditions.

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, things I think are relevant to the investigation.

Friday 27th January is the day (last Friday of the month) most people get paid.

A dog will follow there owner in most cases if there owner tries to leave there sight.

NB signed on to a work call / zoom call etc shortly after 9am but was never seen or heard on that call.

No sign of a struggle or that NB was attacked at scene where her phone and dog lead were found.

Phone and dog lead being found bench.

Was NB actually seen by another human or CCTV dropping children off.

Was NB actually seen by another human being or CCTV walking dog.

If human, is it confirmed.

Alleged last sighting currently stated as between 9:15am-9:30am

The practical and logistical difficulties and improbabilities of kidnapping a woman in broad day light (not to say impossible if not high risk), the fact the dog was not harmed, no reports of screaming or signs of struggle.

Let's say you were a prospective attacker/abductor and you wanted to target NB, a woman who at the time we believe had her dog with her and, to the human eye, was currently on a work call, if she wasn't talking, she was certainly listening the other end, either with her phone in hand or listening on loudspeaker. So if you were the prospective attacker/abductor you would not know she was on mute/video disabled and you would have to either be INSANE WITH NO REGARD FOR YOUR OWN LIKELIHOOD OF BEING CAUGHT OR HAVE MASSIVE BALLS OF STEEL TO ATTEMPT TO ATTACK OR ABDUCT NB IN THESE SCENARIOS.

Additionally, after days of searching the area, including waters nearby, THERE HAS BEEN NO SIGN DEAD OR ALIVE OF NB.

None of it makes sense and in my opinion there are a few herrings and flags that are clearly red

The so called abandoned house or unabandoned house on that day, was on the other side of the river, I can't see that it has any relevance to the case, other than the Mirror thought it might sound a bit spooky.

JMO
Agree

It wasn’t a police search, but Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue volunteers.

Doubt it’s of any significance given it’s on the opposite side of the river

An abduction from there seems very unlikely given its distance from a road, and the phone and lead neatly left.
Running away also unlikely as no transport and a dog in tow and likelihood to be seen.
A set up disappearance equally unlikely for same reasons.
Only option is she is in the river. Possibly to rescue Willow or retrieve ball or something and just hasn’t been found yet.

An abduction from there seems very unlikely given its distance from a road, and the phone and lead neatly left.
Running away also unlikely as no transport and a dog in tow and likelihood to be seen.
A set up disappearance equally unlikely for same reasons.
Only option is she is in the river. Possibly to rescue Willow or retrieve ball or something and just hasn’t been found yet.
How possible/impossible do you and other posters think it is, that NB never took the dog for a walk in the first place?

How possible/impossible do you and other posters think it is, that NB never took the dog for a walk in the first place?
It is a possibility but there must be witnesses that saw NB dropping the kids off at the school beforehand and the daughters must have confirmed this. The witness sighting at 9.15am could be unreliable. They may have seen someone that looked like NB. Hence the request for dashcam footage to corroborate this. But even so say she dropped the kids off at 8.45am, there is a short period of time for something to happen to her and then someone to stage the dog lead, harness and phone. IMO. It’s very strange.

Edited to add - I am not sure whether the police have actually confirmed that she dropped the kids at the school - it was reported in the daily Mail article - Police find 'key witness' who may help them locate Nicola Bulley

It is a possibility but there must be witnesses that saw NB dropping the kids off at the school beforehand and the daughters must have confirmed this. The witness sighting at 9.15am could be unreliable. They may have seen someone that looked like NB. Hence the request for dashcam footage to corroborate this. But even so say she dropped the kids off at 8.45am, there is a short period of time for something to happen to her and then someone to stage the dog lead, harness and phone. IMO. It’s very strange.
Assuming NB did drop her daughters off at school, and she was seen physically and it wasn't just the car seen and parked

Was the dog in the car?

Is there any CCTV of NB in the car or leaving the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member