Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also a red vehicle at St Michael's Airfield - a 3 min drive down Hall Lane.

Hard to tell if it's a van or not though.
this is the thing with sightings of coloured vehicles but not much extra detail via GoogleEarth unless the cars are kerb side

Red is number 5. ^

St Michael's on Wyre alone - 682 Population

I haven't completely followed this investigation...

I notice they're searching the sea now. But has the entire 20 miles of river been searched? If not why? I know the SGI group/PF searched a one mile stretch but have the police searched the whole stretch from the bench to the sea?

Just seeing the vastness of the water from the videos near Morecambe bay today made me think it is like trying to find a needle on a barn full of hay IF she is in the water at all.

Does anyone know exactly where the 'tatty red van' was situated at the time of NB's disappearance?
Is it possible that if the red van was occupied that it was in the vicinity of one of the exits not covered by CCTV and could therefore contain possible witness(es) to NB after 9.10am, which IIRC was the last positive sighting of NB in the upper field?

No - fitbit 'listens' for the GPS signals, the fitbit does not communicate with the GPS satellites.
Thank you for confirming. I'm not "tech minded". Would this be the same if it had an active data plan? My current watch, I can theoretically leave my phone at home and answer calla etc with my watch.

on another tack entirely ……
I think it is crucial to work out whether or not a body would pass over the weir. The ‘expert’ said he didn’t think it would, although I think he also contradicted himself and later said maybe Nicola would be found down River or in the bay. I read somewhere that locals said when sheep had drowned in the river they got stuck at the weir and didn’t pass beyond it.
Wouldn’t it be sensible to get half a dozen mannequins of similar weight and build to Nicola and try throwing them in at different times but primarily at a similar height of water as when Nicola disappeared. OK mannequins won’t gasp and flail in the same way a human would, but if none got past the weir and downstream then I think it would be indicative that she was never in the river. After all, there seems to be acceptance she is not in the water between the bench and the weir.

They might have been eliminated from the enquiry as you say, but they've not been added to the timeline. If someone did pass through at say 9:50am, didn't see anything odd, didn't see the dog tied up, didn't see anything odd at all - would they add this to the timeline or ignore it?

On the contrary, if someone did pass through around 9:50am and corroborated the witness statement by the lady who tied the dog up, that would be useful on the timeline, no? "Yes officer, I came through around 9:50am, saw the dog tied up, but thought nothing of it and continued on my way"... would be useful information. Would they include it on the timeline though?

My problem with it is that they are basing their whole time-frame on a single witness statement which doesnt appear to have been corroborated by anyone independent, only the daughter who received the call and the partner who came to the scene later. That's a red flag for me - I'd hope the police are trying to bottom that out, because without independent corroboration - the time-frame is more like 9:10-10:40.

All my opinion of course.
"The gent (who) has looked on the floor and two feet from the bench there’s a phone..." has also not been mentioned in the official timeline AFAIK. Nor is there any mention that I can find of what HE did next. The original witness hurried off to an appointment, but what did this chap do at that point? Did he look around for the phone/dog's owner, or continue on his walk? It's all incredibly confusing IMO.

In my opinion the red van is a red herring. I would think that numerous vehicles have been reported as suspicious, it’s just that this one has been put out there by a member of the public and has given the press something different to write about on this story.

Surely the owner of said red van would have already come forward to eliminate themselves from any enquiry?

Thank you for confirming. I'm not "tech minded". Would this be the same if it had an active data plan? My current watch, I can theoretically leave my phone at home and answer calla etc with my watch.
So it uses GPS for position but Bluetooth to connect with the phone. It will transmit out via Bluetooth. The problem with Bluetooth is the frequency (2.4ghz) does not travel through water very well, and it has quite a limited distance in the air as it is (circa 30ft from memory.)

JMO.

I haven't completely followed this investigation...

I notice they're searching the sea now. But has the entire 20 miles of river been searched? If not why? I know the SGI group/PF searched a one mile stretch but have the police searched the whole stretch from the bench to the sea?

Just seeing the vastness of the water from the videos near Morecambe bay today made me think it is like trying to find a needle on a barn full of hay IF she is in the water at all.
The thinking is probably that if she has floated down towards the sea, they have a very small window to find her before she's lost forever. They are also searching further upstrean, but they need to cover the bay just in case she's already down there.

Interesting wording “Emma White added: 'Bring Nikki home, come to the sofa, with the girls, with Willow and you can have that happy story

Probably nothing, but made my ears prick up.
I wonder why Emma didn't say with Paul too. She mentions girls and Willow and happy story. Bit strange to miss Paul out of the happy story. Maybe she just forgot. Being interviewed by reporters is stressful on top of everything else.

How an item behaves on water depends on density not weight.
A mannequin would float, just like a log would float. A human body would float too if it were alive, it’s the inhalation of water that makes it sink.
Not wishing to be pedantic here but that is wrong.

It is not the inhalation of water at all which makes the body sink - it is the lack of buoyancy from air in the lungs. In fact when a person drowns, the cause of death is actually suffocation. The body has a natural defence mechanism which closes up the air passage when something other than air is introduced. Anyone who has coughed or 'choked' on a drink 'going down the wrong way' will have experienced that. A body will float for a short time before sinking due to lack of buoyancy.

That's not to say the mannequin idea is sound or not, I'm just making a general point based on your comment.

I'm awfully glad I don't own a tatty red van and people were searching my number plates on the internet.

It's why the police don't release this information isn't it, and conduct the necessary intel gathering and whatever else without informing the media- unless they uncover something and appeal for information or are at a stage to provide an update. I also am not sure what's overly conspicuous about a 'tatty' red van in particular, the location it was on the day allegedly doesn't even seem overly close- would it be suspicous if it a clean white van? I agree people should report anything to the police in case and its right they look into it, but going to the media always leads to people doing this. JMO

In my opinion the red van is a red herring. I would think that numerous vehicles have been reported as suspicious, it’s just that this one has been put out there by a member of the public and has given the press something different to write about on this story.
I agree

I've followed the threads up to 7 so forgive me if thisbhas been covered but, one thing that occurred to me. I had a Fitbit Surge (years ago) that tracked my route, etc, with GPS. If they have her phone they will have the Fitbit serial number etc. Would Fitbit be able to track its route from known GPS "pings" without it having synced to the phone before battery ran out/became water damaged. My location data was always fairly accurate, even 4+ years ago. I'm not sure if all models now come with GPS or which models comes in pale blue and whether it would have GPS?

No - fitbit 'listens' for the GPS signals, the fitbit does not communicate with the GPS satellites.

You'd like to think if this is something more sinister someone has reported something and the cogs of the machinery are turning. It's hardly news that a vehicle gets reported when there is an appeal for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE