Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is an item LE is searching for in the river (all these months later) that the coroner wants collected that is related to Nicola's death and her body being found in the reeds right near where they are searching (about the 1 mile mark downstream from the bench, IIRC), it might be something that could have snagged or gotten lodged below the surface (and stayed there), like one or both of her Wellington boots.

A rubber boot is a relatively lightweight item that could also act as a vessel and fill up with water, and the weight of the water might keep it from moving along with the current.

Otherwise, literally everything else she may have had on her person would be lightweight enough, imo, to have floated downstream or be so small as to be difficult to impossible find, and months later with currents always pushing things downstream.

Unless she had a Fitbit watch or similar, and LE has been able to retrieve data without it (e.g., from Fitbit) that shows it going off at that locale, before which data says one thing about her heartrate, etc. In the Mollie Tibbets disappearance case, LE knew from her Fitbit data that she had an increase in her heart rate before it went silent, and approximately where she was at the time IIRC.

Another possibility if they're not looking for an item, per se, for example, is if she had any damage to her body -- beyond from drowning and being in the river or onshore in the reeds for 3 weeks before she was found -- maybe they are trying to confirm if it could have happened as she went over the weir, like bumps or bruises or cracks to bones. Hence the diver seen in the video floating on his back -- did he feel any bumps to his body (assuming he wore protective padding to keep from getting injured) as he floated over that portion of the weir.

Of course, it is all speculation on my part, but I'm hopeful it's something like this, and not something more gruesome.

I kind of doubt they are looking for any small personal items that they don't want to possibly be found by the public, but for all we know anything at all possibly missing from her person may be sought after by a number of parties (LE, family, collectors).

MOO

Last edited:
Thank you for adding that. Richard Shepherd said that was his guess! They may not be looking for anything like that. However, if they are, I would maybe imagine something like car keys etc.

I think Willow is important in a different way - why she was running free and the human behaviour associated with this, i.e. she was not tied up prior to this. To me anyway it leans more to accident and otherwise but of course not definitively.

Correct me if I am wrong here but I do not understand how anyone could attempt to predict dog behaviour with any kind of absolute certainty? Nicola could have fallen in and drowned and Willow could have stayed on the bank, running around or confused. I do not think that a dog would NECESSARILY go into the water. May be totally wrong - I am not a dog expert. Anyone who works with dogs or studies dogs will know more accurately :).

If the family and friends do read Websleuths and it is not limited to MSM and social media, I hope that they know that people care about the truth of what happened. People on here, from what I have seen, want accurate information. It is not the same as the trolls on social media.

RIP Nicola.

I have informally done a lot of research and study (and application of training) on dog behaviour as I was *trying* to rehabilitate a hopeless case aggressive dog once.

Dogs really are very predictable and they do communicate all the time, if you learn about their behaviour, body language, posture, fur, facial expression, energy levels, and their verbal communication, routines, patterns, habits.

Something about where / how Willow was allegedly found. Many experts suggest that if you lose a dog whilst out walking or even in the wilderness, return to the point where the dog last saw you for sure. Dogs are pack animals and they always want to find the pack again after they've gone roam. They most especially wish to reunite with their pack leader (ie their human) and will frantically search, returning repeatedly to the last spot they saw you - even if it's a couple of days later. Unless your dog does not consider you their pack leader or even part of pack which is a separate and terrifyingly troublesome issue.

Willow was fond of NB we are told. At the very least Willow would have considered NB a high ranking member of her pack and most likely a pack leader - she would have desperately wanted to find her even if she'd wandered of scenting a rabbit or something. Willow would return to the last place she saw and smelled, NB. Dogs go by scent. To a dog, the lingering smell of your human scent in the air lets them know how long ago you were in a location and which direction you moved off in. Think of it like someone wearing overpowering perfume. You could enter a space 10 minutes after that person has vacated but know they had been there. Well that's the world dogs live in.

If Willow was pacing back and forth between the bench and the gate, that is because it's where NB last was and now Willow can't figure out where NB went*.

*Contingent upon IF, indeed it was NB who had taken Willow to the bench, otherwise that's simply the place that the last person she knew and also cared about (member of pack) left her. I am personally open to a stage setting scenario as I wonder if something nefarious took place. JMO MOO

I have informally done a lot of research and study (and application of training) on dog behaviour as I was *trying* to rehabilitate a hopeless case aggressive dog once.

Dogs really are very predictable and they do communicate all the time, if you learn about their behaviour, body language, posture, fur, facial expression, energy levels, and their verbal communication, routines, patterns, habits.

Something about where / how Willow was allegedly found. Many experts suggest that if you lose a dog whilst out walking or even in the wilderness, return to the point where the dog last saw you for sure. Dogs are pack animals and they always want to find the pack again after they've gone roam. They most especially wish to reunite with their pack leader (ie their human) and will frantically search, returning repeatedly to the last spot they saw you - even if it's a couple of days later. Unless your dog does not consider you their pack leader or even part of pack which is a separate and terrifyingly troublesome issue.

Willow was fond of NB we are told. At the very least Willow would have considered NB a high ranking member of her pack and most likely a pack leader - she would have desperately wanted to find her even if she'd wandered of scenting a rabbit or something. Willow would return to the last place she saw and smelled, NB. Dogs go by scent. To a dog, the lingering smell of your human scent in the air lets them know how long ago you were in a location and which direction you moved off in. Think of it like someone wearing overpowering perfume. You could enter a space 10 minutes after that person has vacated but know they had been there. Well that's the world dogs live in.

If Willow was pacing back and forth between the bench and the gate, that is because it's where NB last was and now Willow can't figure out where NB went*.

*Contingent upon IF, indeed it was NB who had taken Willow to the bench, otherwise that's simply the place that the last person she knew and also cared about (member of pack) left her. I am personally open to a stage setting scenario as I wonder if something nefarious took place. JMO MOO
I’ve had dogs for most of my adult life and agree 100 percent with your reasoning.

Also, re Willow, we the public have been given no clarity on whether Willow was tied by a piece of string to the bench or not.

An unhappy dog would break free of a piece of string fairly easily, usually by chewing through it. However, were she tied to the bench with string then that would restrict and alter what she was doing. Were she tied to the bench with string and the last thing she saw was NB going into the water she'd still be straining and running that direction once freed IMO. JMO.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong but there's a poverty of verified fact when it comes to the string tying.

I've been looking at pictures of NB. In at least 10 that I've come across (that's when I stopped counting) she has this necklace on. It might be something she always wore (I have one of those, I never take it off). If the weather was chillier that morning, her clothing may have been covering it. It's possible, if it was missing when she was found and her clothes were still in place, that's a big question needing to be answered as to how she died. What was the manner of her demise, as in was she robbed, accosted and feel into the water? Just some thoughts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230414-084340_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230414-084340_Samsung Internet.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 41
Also, re Willow, we the public have been given no clarity on whether Willow was tied by a piece of string to the bench or not.

An unhappy dog would break free of a piece of string fairly easily, usually by chewing through it. However, were she tied to the bench with string then that would restrict and alter what she was doing. Were she tied to the bench with string and the last thing she saw was NB going into the water she'd still be straining and running that direction once freed IMO. JMO.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong but there's a poverty of verified fact when it comes to the string tying.
Found Deceased - UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #11 I don't know how to do this, sorry, but this is the post from Feb that quoted the witness tying up Willow, no string is mentiioned.

You make it sound like stairs that go into the water that you can walk up and out on. Looks like a slippery muddy climb, the first steps cannot even be reached by your feet. There is no way a person in water-soaked clothing could have pulled themselves up that bank without help. MOO
View attachment 414297
There’s also no way someone would fall in there and a few moments later (as that is all it feasibly could have been between the phone making its way to the bench at 9.20 and being found by 9.32) their possessions are found and they have vanished totally and no one saw or heard a thing … implausible, the river is ankle depth and rubble in places. Even PF said one day he couldn't go out as they couldn’t launch the boat to get down as it was so low. There’s no way she floated down there and was not seen by any one in those missing weeks.

Also I don't think we know at which point she entered the water. She may have run along the shoreline for a span. Especially if it looked like her dog was in any distress (I am speculating that her dog was in the water maybe retrieving sticks but got pulled downstream and she dropped everything near the bench and took after him, on land before entering deeper, cold water and the dog was able to exit and she was not.)

Leaving her zoom meeting mid-call suggests to me she was responding to an emergent situation --

Jmo
If she was the one been on the call which no one’s knows as she didn’t have her camera or mic on. It’s quite easy to click on a reminder and link to join a meeting if you have someone’s phone …

You make it sound like stairs that go into the water that you can walk up and out on. Looks like a slippery muddy climb, the first steps cannot even be reached by your feet. There is no way a person in water-soaked clothing could have pulled themselves up that bank without help. MOO
View attachment 414297
Isn't it only waist deep at that point? Anyone slipping in could wait until another dog walker came by, which was only 10 minutes or so later. IMO

Whatever it is they are looking for, why on earth have they just realised now, that it was missing or needed to be found? The cause of death etc must have been ascertained before the body was burried. Anything untoward or missing should have been picked up then, and acted upon. I have always felt something untoward happened to NB and this latest river activity, strange as it is, has not changed my belief.

Media report of police statement on their return to the river. They deny looking for something specific. They had been asked to 'assess the riverbanks'. Nicola Bulley police issue fresh statement over cops' return to river
That's interesting, theyve been asked to assess the river bank in the vicinity she went missing, but are looking much further downstream from the bench. Does this mean they've changed their view on where she entered the water and that it wasn't an accident. It would make more sense to me to be honest

Whatever it is they are looking for, why on earth have they just realised now, that it was missing or needed to be found? The cause of death etc must have been ascertained before the body was burried. Anything untoward or missing should have been picked up then, and acted upon. I have always felt something untoward happened to NB and this latest river activity, strange as it is, has not changed my belief.
I agree that all possible information must already have been ascertained from Nicola’s body. The coroner would not have permitted the burial to go ahead if that were not the case. As I said in an earlier post, I don’t believe the retrieval from the river of a boot/jewellery/keys, etc could have any relevance at this point. My own opinion is that the only item of possible significance in the river could be a weapon. I emphasise that I have no info whatsoever to base that opinion on. It just seems a logical hypothesis in the circumstances. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3