UK police say terror plot thwarted.Planes from United Kingdom to America

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's an interesting article I found.

A Flight to Remember

A flight to remember

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

The scariest part for 12-year-old Maya Bodinson came when her flight from London was midway across the Atlantic Ocean.
"That was when the bombs were supposed to go off, if there were any," said Maya, who flew with her father, Ron, on the first plane from Heathrow to Kennedy International Airport after British authorities thwarted a terrorist plot targeting multiple airplanes.

Her American Airlines flight, filled with similarly nervous passengers, made it home without any problems. But word of the scheme caused massive problems for travelers on the ground at New York airports, where the war on terrorism targeted carryon luggage in a return to the intense airport scrutiny that followed the 9/11 attacks.

News Alert from CNN.com

ANSA news agency says Italian police have arrested 40 people in a security operation after British aircraft terror plot thwarted, The Associated Press reports.

History Cannel Right now!---2 Hour show on Japanese and German Suicide Kamikazes!--2pm to 4pm EST!

Peter Hamilton said:
History Cannel Right now!---2 Hour show on Japanese and German Suicide Kamikazes!--2pm to 4pm EST!
Thanks for the heads-up.
Actually I was just talking about kamikazes tis morning with my Mom...
However WWII wasn't about a religious cult....:waitasec:

kayceebee said:
News Alert from CNN.com

ANSA news agency says Italian police have arrested 40 people in a security operation after British aircraft terror plot thwarted, The Associated Press reports.
I can not find this on AP or CNN can you give us a link? Thanks :)

Afghan Al Qaeda Branch Connected to Foiled UK Terrorist Plot: Pakistan

11 August 2006 | 21:26 | FOCUS News Agency

Islamabad. The authorities in Pakistan suppose that the Afghan branch of the terrorist network Al Qaeda may be connected to the foiled terrorist plot in the UK whose goal was the blowing up of a dozen passenger planes, Reuters informs......MORE AT LINK
http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?catid=142&newsid=93911&ch=0&datte=2006-08-11

ACK! I went back to CNN and it was gone. It was listed in a bright yellow "breaking news" banner and I cut and pasted the sentence that was there. Usually, they move the story down to the main page with more info but in this case it disappeared....must not be true??

kayceebee said:
ACK! I went back to CNN and it was gone. It was listed in a bright yellow "breaking news" banner and I cut and pasted the sentence that was there. Usually, they move the story down to the main page with more info but in this case it disappeared....must not be true??
I hate it when that happens! Thanks anyhow! Maybe they are working on 'moving in down' on the page....we'll have to see. Thanks again!

Pharlap said:
Thanks for the heads-up.
Actually I was just talking about kamikazes tis morning with my Mom...
However WWII wasn't about a religious cult....:waitasec:
Read up on Naziism, and the divine Emperor for Japan - to an extent, it was about religion - a great tool to manipulate the masses, or a few needy fanatics. Tell people you have the one true answer, that they are special and chosen in the world, and that everyone else is against them (fits a lot of religions, if not all of them, doesn't it!), and it's a powerful hold on people's emotions.

I flew out of Los Angeles International yesterday(8/10). I understand the National gurard is there now, it was not there yesterday when i flew.

LAX was crowded with long lines, but we were able to make it thru all check ins in about an hour. We had a 9 am flight so we knew ahead of time what we could not carry on, so we packed everything in our checked luggage.We were able to take laptops, ipod, cellphones aboard.

Anyway it wasn't as bad as we thought is was going to be.

Flying home should be interesting too.
aloha!

JBean said:
I flew out of Los Angeles International yesterday(8/10). I understand the National gurard is there now, it was not there yesterday when i flew.

LAX was crowded with long lines, but we were able to make it thru all check ins in about an hour. We had a 9 am flight so we knew ahead of time what we could not carry on, so we packed everything in our checked luggage.We were able to take laptops, ipod, cellphones aboard.

aloha!

Yeah, ole Arnie was on LKL last night saying he had deployed the guard to LAX, San Fran & Oakland.

christine2448 said:
I can not find this on AP or CNN can you give us a link? Thanks :)
Police in Italy arrested 40 people in a security crackdown after the thwarting of airline plot, the Interior Ministry said, but it did not link them directly to the London case. The arrests were made at "Islamic gathering places" in several cities on charges of violating residency rules or committing property crimes, it said.

LINK

GonzoReiter said:
Police in Italy arrested 40 people in a security crackdown after the thwarting of airline plot, the Interior Ministry said, but it did not link them directly to the London case. The arrests were made at "Islamic gathering places" in several cities on charges of violating residency rules or committing property crimes, it said.

LINK
Thanks Gonzo...however, the article says it is NOT related to what happened in London....although, very interesting non the less....they are EVERYWHERE aren't they????

JBean said:

aloha!

Heya Jbean! Good to hear you had a seemingly uneventful flight on such an extremely eventful newsday!

Enjoy and have a safe flight home, too! :)

US warns of al-Qaeda attacks on India

August 11, 2006

The US Embassy has warned India of impending terror attacks on major cities in India.

TV-18 network reports that in*a message posted by the US Embassy on its website, has warned all*US travellers and residents in India of terrorist attacks by al-Qaeda in various Indian cities*in the coming days. --> More at link

----------------------

India's Independence day is August 15th!

Glad you we able to take your laptop!

Tomorrow at 1pm my sister and her tribe of 3 cuties fly from Portland straight to Frankfurt Germany. Her experience might be a bit more eventful because they have the wheelchair, and with red alert on all overseas flights, I don't know how they'll handle that. They always spend about 15 min looking it over, but I expect a longer look tomorrow, and it might have to go down below.

So we're meeting at 10:30 for brunch at the airport and then off to wait in a line. I hate to see them go, especially under such stress of the red alert, but I know they'll be just fine.

Scandi

dark_shadows said:
Hi Dingo, :)
I remember the Bali bombings and what happened after.
I remember discussing at work what the Brigadier General did after Ali Imron (bomber sentenced to life for the bombings) was jailed.In june of 2004,the General took Ali from the Jakarta Police Headquarters to Starbucks in a mall in Idonesia for 3 hours and then to the Hard Rock Cafe.He was taken from the prison in Denpasar,Bali to the Jakarta Police station,after he was sentenced to life in prison.When the press saw this,Ali stated that it was normal for the General to take him on outings.The General was head the Indonesian drugs and narcotics at the time.He said that he was getting information from Ali.
I can say that we were disgusted that this took place and if the General had such a good rapport with Ali,the prisoner would not have had to be taken out of a secure prison into the public for information.
Apparently the General was trying to get info from Ali on an unrelated case.

It is odd that they went to a mall,when it was said that malls were listed as one of the places that a terrorist bomber would strike when they went on this outing.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows
He should have taken him to a nightclub.....thats where our Aussies lost their their lives

Scandi, I hope it's smooth sailing, er flying, for your sister and her cuties tomorrow. Even though these are troubing times to fly, I'm sure it will be fine! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back