GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More on the bathroom at Cotton Mill Lane from today's Bristol Post [BBM]:

Mr Courtiour said the lack of evidence in the bathroom of Cotton Mill Lane did lead police to ask whether Becky's dismemberment took place elsewhere.

"It was never ever discounted," he said. "Obviously it was very interesting and surprising that there was no evidence of damage to the bath at all and no blood was found. But the evidence and common sense would suggest that it was cleaned, and cleaned using great care, over a prolonged period of time."

Detective Inspector Richard Ocone said the difference between the cleanliness of the bathroom and the state of the rest of Matthews and Hoare's house was "quite startling".​

The article also describes the police reaction to finding the receipt for the circular saw and how they then knew that the case had a particularly disturbing aspect apart from the murder itself.

http://www.bristolpost.livetonews.o...ice-realised/story-28162563-detail/story.html

“Becky was begging to move back in here".

Tania must be feeling very guilty now if Becky was begging to move back in why did she not help her poor Becky :(

Yes, I think people were rather quick to accuse her of having a dig, or taking a swipe, to quote a couple of the expressions used. There may have been an element of that, but I thought she probably had her own regrets and was voicing those as well.

It's not really fair to judge, as we don't know why it was thought better for Becky to live at Crown Hill in the first place. There could be all sorts of factors in play.

So SH qualifies for Whole of Life by one week.

I somehow dont think NM will get Whole of Life ( although I want him to ) but then I'm the person who thought the verdicts might not come in until next week, so am probably not the most accurate guesser here.

I do however, see him getting 40 years at least, as he seems to have no mitigating factors which could reduce his term.......and plenty of aggravating ones to be added to his 30 year starting point.

I am more fearful with SH. I do believe she is equally culpable and far more dangerous than NM. I would not like to see an easy sentence for her which would allow her to be back on the streets in 10 years or so.

As for KD, I have said before I think he will get a suspended sentence and likewise JP.

I think it's highly possible that NM will get a whole life order. The case against him was a sexually motivated abduction and killing of a child for which he was found guilty. Strong chance I would think.

SH - I really don't know.

It will be interesting to hear the judges comments on sentencing. Even if little is reported tomorrow, his full sentencing report should be available at some point.

Another look at the quivering puddle of self-pity that is murderer Nathan Matthews:

http://www.bristolpost.livetonews.o...noid-pervert/story-28163133-detail/story.html

A few excerpts:

Nathan Matthews may have cut a pathetic figure when he was forced to confront his truly terrible and grotesque crimes, but right until the end he never expressed any hint of remorse.

... before the finger of suspicion was pointed at Matthews he went about the grim task of dismembering Becky's body with cold and calculated precision.

Matthews took his time choosing the right tool and even queried the cost. He did not look like a man who was under all kinds of pressure.

... the one word he never used was sorry.​

Mr Courtiour said the lack of evidence in the bathroom of Cotton Mill Lane did lead police to ask whether Becky's dismemberment took place elsewhere.

"It was never ever discounted," he said. "Obviously it was very interesting and surprising that there was no evidence of damage to the bath at all and no blood was found. But the evidence and common sense would suggest that it was cleaned, and cleaned using great care, over a prolonged period of time."

Detective Inspector Richard Ocone said the difference between the cleanliness of the bathroom and the state of the rest of Matthews and Hoare's house was "quite startling".​

The article also describes the police reaction to finding the receipt for the circular saw and how they then knew that the case had a particularly disturbing aspect apart from the murder itself.

http://www.bristolpost.livetonews.o...ice-realised/story-28162563-detail/story.html

Yesterday I happened to watch a video on YouTube about a murder case in the US that involved dismemberment, and in this case it was two men and one woman involved.

What was interesting was in that case, the house was very cluttered with junk, but the bathroom was very clean - and this was something that jumped out to the police. And then, when the three were arrested, the guy who was in charge of the whole plan plead guilty, according to the police, so he could protect the other two.

Those two details made me think of this case.

I've just had a light bulb moment!

Someone posted that the bath panel looked like it had been removed and not put back properly. What if he was sawing/replacing the BATH pipes??? Perhaps the toilet was the cover story for that. It was said that the forensic team would have expected to find tissue and other body products in the U bend of the bath pipes, but there was nothing. I think it would be a pretty easy job to unscrew that and fit a new piece.

The Bristol Post has had so many articles the past couple of days. I had never heard before that Becky supposedly liked Shauna Hoare. That's according to her nan, Pat Watts:

Pat said hearing the details had been horrific for the family. "Hearing how she fought for her life and was covered in bruises was one of the most difficult days [of the trial]," she said. ... "Matthews just came across as pathetic, but what hurt us most was listening to Shauna. We knew Becky never had any time for Nathan but Shauna, she liked."​

http://www.bristolpost.livetonews.o...-Becky-Watts/story-28162457-detail/story.html

Yes, I think people were rather quick to accuse her of having a dig, or taking a swipe, to quote a couple of the expressions used. There may have been an element of that, but I thought she probably had her own regrets and was voicing those as well.

It's not really fair to judge, as we don't know why it was thought better for Becky to live at Crown Hill in the first place. There could be all sorts of factors in play.
I didn't mean to sound as though I was judging her the word begging conjured up the thought of Becky on her knees grabbing mum saying "please don't send me back" being really desperate rather than "awe mum do I have to go back there really hate it there always getting moaned at" blah blah I just feel the word begging sounded so desperate.

It was me who used the phrase "having a dig" and I stand by that. Both sides statements had an undertone of tit for tat and no we don't know what's gone behind the scenes but like I said on my original post, it's a shame that they felt the need to show such as fragmented front in public

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've just had a light bulb moment!

Someone posted that the bath panel looked like it had been removed and not put back properly. What if he was sawing/replacing the BATH pipes??? Perhaps the toilet was the cover story for that. It was said that the forensic team would have expected to find tissue and other body products in the U bend of the bath pipes, but there was nothing. I think it would be a pretty easy job to unscrew that and fit a new piece.

The bath panel looks normal to me, but it wouldn't be difficult to remove and replace it. Perhaps he did unscrew the U bend for thorough cleaning, and then replaced it. I reckon if he'd bought a new one there would be evidence, they seem to have caught all the rest of his shopping! Personally I think they lined the bath with something - shower curtain, bath mats, clingfilm even - worked under cover, and all traces were contained.

The latest article in The Guardian contains a lot of material we already know about. But there are a few interesting bits [BBM]:

Detectives also revealed how Matthews only told them where Becky’s remains were after his solicitor had asked them if they had found blood upstairs at his and Hoare’s home. Police said they had – but tests later showed that it was Matthews’s own blood and not Becky’s they had found.

They also revealed that they realised it was unlikely they would find Becky alive when they found a receipt for a circular saw bought by Matthews two days [sic] after she went missing.

Meanwhile, the case could be one of the last in which the legal concept of joint enterprise is used in its current form.​

The article explains why the joint enterprise concept may be changed (not relevant to Becky's trial).

I wonder if Matthews's criminal solicitor is taking a lot of guff from his peers for failing to ask the right question on behalf of his client. ("Have you found Becky's blood in their home?") Although I believe the police when they say they would have found Becky's remains rather quickly anyway.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...y-fear-theyll-never-know-what-happened-to-her

It was me who used the phrase "having a dig" and I stand by that. Both sides statements had an undertone of tit for tat and no we don't know what's gone behind the scenes but like I said on my original post, it's a shame that they felt the need to show such as fragmented front in public

If she had a dig at anyone, it was Matthews and Hoare for their comments about Becky, or at least that's who I thought she was referring to. Mind you, we didn't hear everything of course.

The bath panel looks normal to me, but it wouldn't be difficult to remove and replace it. Perhaps he did unscrew the U bend for thorough cleaning, and then replaced it. I reckon if he'd bought a new one there would be evidence, they seem to have caught all the rest of his shopping! Personally I think they lined the bath with something - shower curtain, bath mats, clingfilm even - worked under cover, and all traces were contained.

Those bath panels are really flimsy as well looks normal to me too and they are easy to replace. I think that bath was lined I think the whole of the tile area was covered and maybe the bath mats were lining the bath too.

Exactly! Whatever and whichever, that's OK. You can't change the past, however they choose to process this and whatever they choose to do, nobody else is in their shoes. Like Beckys grandad said, they are still living a nightmare.

I feel absolute gash today, almost hungover. Emotionally drained. I sat and watched the interviews again, I have huge respect for their strength and unity. They say you "shouldn't judge unless you've walked in their shoes" it's got to be worse than hell. DG said when they heard Becky had been found they "just wanted to die" :(

I'm heartbroken for them.

Agree wholeheartedly with everything above.

I actually don't understand all the drama surrounding the fact that the family gave an interview. They haven't said a peep for months. Not a peep! They clearly are heartbroken, their families (many of them) torn apart by not only what has happened but by guilt and regrets. These poor people. Somewhere in all of this there has to be compassion for the family as human beings that needed to speak. In fact I would suggest that they did speak out so that people wouldn't be talking about them and they could let people know how they are affected.

Give me a break! It's almost as if all the drama surrounding Becky's trial is over and the Press need to come up with something to keep on selling newspapers. Shame on all of them.

Becky's father laid bare his pain, frustration, anger, torment and angst for all of us to see. Who are we to criticize? So incredibly sad what has happened here.

I'll say it again, I hope SH and NM rot away in jail. They deserve what comes their way.

BTW, I don't think the pic of Nathan in women's underwear will serve him well in prison. (Oops did I say that out loud?)

Agree wholeheartedly with everything above.

I actually don't understand all the drama surrounding the fact that the family gave an interview. They haven't said a peep for months. Not a peep! They clearly are heartbroken, their families (many of them) torn apart by not only what has happened but by guilt and regrets. These poor people. Somewhere in all of this there has to be compassion for the family as human beings that needed to speak. In fact I would suggest that they did speak out so that people wouldn't be talking about them and they could let people know how they are affected.

Give me a break! It's almost as if all the drama surrounding Becky's trial is over and the Press need to come up with something to keep on selling newspapers. Shame on all of them.

Becky's father laid bare his pain, frustration, anger, torment and angst for all of us to see. Who are we to criticize? So incredibly sad what has happened here.

I'll say it again, I hope SH and NM rot away in jail. They deserve what comes their way.

BTW, I don't think the pic of Nathan in women's underwear will serve him well in prison. (Oops did I say that out loud?)
I think the picture of him in women's underwear will be the least of his worries.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

And I responded and agreed with you.

My take - I thought the dig referred to DGs statement re Becky, read out in Court and just the natural response of a mother defending her daughter.

yes, I was one of those who agreed that it sounded like a dig at DGs side of the family. But the comments regarding listen to your children, could of course been her own regrets as well as a remark directed towards DG.

If she had a dig at anyone, it was Matthews and Hoare for their comments about Becky, or at least that's who I thought she was referring to. Mind you, we didn't hear everything of course.

It never crossed my mind that she was talking about NM and SH. I thought it was directed at DG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub