Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if he covered her in concrete to disguise her as builder's rubble.

Oh goodness @Skigh i hope not but of course there’s a possibility. I’m wondering why he chose the spot that he did to put the bag and her body there? Again, sorry to sound awful but he could put her in the sea. Just seems strange to put the bag in a spot frequently used by people fly tipping. I wonder how they pinpointed the area so quickly.

Apologies for having to write that, I feel awful writing this way about anyone.
Hard to get my head around any killing that I read about but as a woman just a little older, it hits home all of those feelings over all the years of always being that little bit nervous when out. Always knowing and being aware of your own vulnerability and lack of strength versus most (all?) men.
It’s the normality of what Sarah was doing, seeing a friend, arranging to meet her boyfriend, enjoying a new job and then suddenly her life just finished.

So sad, just so awful.

Timeline of Sarah Everard’s disappearance

“The registration of the vehicle – later confirmed to be a car hired in Dover – is captured and tracked by police as it leaves London towards Kent.”

The combination of being a mechanic / family owning garage so has the know how to change number plates and how obtain them (maybe even a collection of old unreg’d ones from the garage) plus his use of hire cars does make be wonder if the theory he is linked to many more unsolved cases will be correct.

I wonder if there’s any significance to EC being released on bail rather than ‘released under investigation’ as is so often the case nowadays since the law on bail changed
IMO its because of the investigation its related to (e.g. kidnap & murder) which by their very natures are complex. If they had anything at all, I suspect they would have charged her and perhaps released her on court bail, but they didn't.

It has been widely reported in MSM that WC worked 2pm to 8pm on the day Sarah went missing but only today has there been one report, which we are not even sure was meant to be reported, that said he worked 7pm to 7am 2nd to 3rd March. That one report today may just not have picked up on the fact he was then reported to go back to work 7 hours later in a relief shift. I.e. he was supposed to be on annual leave but maybe they phoned him up and said can you come back again at 2? But we have speculated on here that a. That may not be allowed under working time regulations and b. Especially not if he was carrying a firearm. But then we do not know for sure if the relief shift he may or may not have done involved carrying a firearm. Its soooooo confusing. Why dont we just all wait for the trial?

Thats not what it says here:
On Tuesday night, shortly after returning home from a shift in London, Couzens, 49, who who protected diplomats and VIPs, was arrested on suspicion of kidnap and murder, and a separate allegation of indecent exposure.
CCTV from bus 'led to murder arrest' of cop Wayne Couzens in Sarah Everard case

That’s really interesting. Thank you for this. Because reports today make it sound as though he finished at 7am on March 3rd and then emailed his supervisor to say he didn’t want to carry a weapon any longer and was then on annual leave until his arrest.

If he did indeed send that email and was subsequently allowed to return to work, that would surely raise eyebrows.

So there have been a few posters commenting on if this was the perps first kidnap and murder. I think it likely was. But l'm going to flag this up:

Missing Rebecca Carr

Rebecca has a thread that has received very little attention. Could be completely unrelated. Likely it is completely unrelated. Just flagging it.

Maybe that could be sent to LE also. JMO. There is a later story about her still missing here

It is 17 years since Rebecca Carr disappeared from near Gillingham railway station – UKNIP

Insanity is rarely used and when used as a defence, is rarely successful- from memory (from my law degree days), it has to be a mental defect of the mind. I think though, bearing in mind certain press releases, this will not be sought.
IMO, WC is not trying to be found mentally incompetent. IMO, WC is finding it difficult to face the enormity of what he has done and wants out.
Yes, it's the same in the US. The insanity defense is used in less than 1 percent of all trials and only has about a 26% success rate. The defense has to prove the defendant did not understand the difference between right and wrong at the time. Imo

I read an article that the mother in law of WC said she apparently spoke to EC on 9th March - And EC told her everything was fine/normal and WC was at work as usual.... Maybe he pretended to be at work to EC to commit and finish off whatever he had done to SE. maybe moved her body around to different sites. JMO
Maybe and I suspect that is why she was arrested. Perhaps LE thought she knew he had leave booked when she didn't.

What do you make of his 'quiet' voice during the mags hearing today? Do you think he might plead guilty? It seems he's not enjoying the media attention.

I think he'll plead guilty . He won't want the details coming out in a trial.

His demeanour could be an act IMO. How the reporter described the court this morning being scary, makes me think he may have had an outburst in there.

Yes, wasn't traffic police in Folkestone his first job, when he joined the police 2008? Then Nuclear Police at Dungeness 2011 onwards, then the met police from 2015..??

Is it typical for police officers to move between Forces that often?

He was in the TA for only 2 years. Only job he stuck at in the same place all through, was the one with the family firm

No, you're getting mixed up.

He finished the 7pm to 7am shift the day he did the kidnapping.

He finished the 2pm to 8pm shift the day he was arrested.

There was a week between them!

It was previously reported in various MSM, one such linked below that he worked 2-8pm on the 3rd, the day sarah went missing but today has released a new shift time.

I think it’s probably best to disregard the previous reported shift and go with the new one from today as this was from his court appearance I gather. It also doesn’t sound like he went back to work at all after that day according to the timeline from the Irvine Times also linked below. Can’t be sure of that though, he may have went back..

It is claimed Couzens worked a relief shift at the American Embassy in Nine Elms, south-west London, until 8pm the night Ms Everard went missing.

Bus CCTV 'led to murder arrest' of officer 75 miles away in Sarah Everard case

Timeline of Sarah Everard’s disappearance

He was apparently working a 2pm-8pm shift the day Sarah disappeared so was not off sick in that day so was fit to work. I work in mental health and am familiar with Broadmoor (worked there for many years at the beginning of my career). There is a huge difference between ‘mad’ and ‘bad’ and this guy is clearly on the psychopathic scale.

The kidnapping was clearly premeditated. He is a sexual deviant and his behaviour has escalated. He indecently exposed himself three days before the kidnap in McDonalds to another woman. The MET police investigated but minimised it and was probably laughed off.

The behaviour of this man mimics a lot of what happened in the Libby Squire case. A man who engages in flashing and other sexually inappropriate behaviours towards frightened women which end up in him lurking around and cruising the streets for someone to have easy sex with, which ended up in rape and murder.

I don’t think for a minute this guy can claim he has no capacity to be in control of his decisions. He drove her miles away from her home and the remains of her body took time to be identified which shows the extent of his cover up and what he must have done to her.

Police are now searching tunnels in Dover. This guy should never be associated as being mentally unwell.
He is a steroid using, misogynistic, sexual predator who used his status to lure her in when in reality he should be protecting people on our streets.

As for the head banging incident, for someone so violent to others and in a moment of self pity and having no other means in a police cell to harm himself, he probably saw this as a good distraction / easy way out. Easy to say he doesn’t remember anything with a head injury!

JMO

completely agree.

Two front passenger doors open seems a bit odd unless there were two people in the vicinity. I mean you get in the car, you pull the door shut..get out of the car, close it before walking off..something about that is bothering me.

Could she have got in the car and quickly realised he was not what he seemed and ran out, he opens his door to run after her, hence both doors open?

That’s really interesting. Thank you for this. Because reports today make it sound as though he finished at 7am on March 3rd and then emailed his supervisor to say he didn’t want to carry a weapon any longer and was then on annual leave until his arrest.

If he did indeed send that email and was subsequently allowed to return to work, that would surely raise eyebrows.
I think it's the way the article was written or perhaps the prosecutor was not clear when giving the summary. He was due back on the 8th. Perhaps he had a chat with his supervisor and agreed to cover a shift because they were short handed? Who knows?

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but the parallels with EARONS/GSK arrest are striking. JJD attempted self harm by head butting his cell wall after arrest and used a frustratingly frail voice during all court appearances. With WC also being law enforcement I wonder how closely he followed JJD’s apprehension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8