GUILTY UK - Star Hobson, 16 months, murdered, Sep 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rest now baby Star.

I get so worked up when I read about reports of abuse being totally ignored. Why?!! Why?!! Why?!! I will never - can never - understand! We have these programs in place for a reason.

I get that Frankie was very low IQ. But, I honestly wonder if they were just plain jealous because of how beautiful this baby girl was. The video of the monster holding her and saying how spoiled she is. You can see Star doesn't feel comfortable with her, doesn't respond to her, little Star KNEW the monster was being fake. This wasn't the way she was treated off camera.

This case, as way too many others, breaks my heart. Tears it to pieces. There were options for this baby to live. Happily, loved, cared for - but the "authorities" ripped that away from her and took her to H3ll. She is dancing in Heaven now.

Star Hobson: The short life and death of a beloved toddler

"Anita used to say, and she used to say this quite a lot: 'Poor little Star. You do realise she's gonna end up a little star in the sky, don't you?'," says David.

Oh my dear heart :( this poor child. Squeeze your little ones a mite tighter tonight for Star.

This article really bought a tear to my eye.

"I just thought we'll see her again. That was the last time. I'll never forget it, just disappearing out of sight, like sand going through your fingers. Now she's gone."

Robbie Moore MP for Keighley. Not enough funding for SS..warnings were ignored...fears of accusations of seen as being phobic...
I feel the media are misunderstanding the issues around homophobia and/or cultural prejudice in this case. On LBC yesterday, there was much talk about how Social Services may have been reluctant to act for fear of accusations of prejudice. But I thought the point was, FS and SB used their status as a gay couple and SB's Anglo/Romany background to claim that the complaints made about their treatment of Star were motivated by the prejudices of the complainants. 'It's because we're a gay couple' or 'it's because SB's from a gypsy background'... sort of thing. Social Services weren't so much reluctant to act because of their own fears of criticism, but were hoodwinked into believing that the complaints made were 'malicious'. SB and FS utilised their minority status as a shield. They 'played the gay/racist card' in other words.

Last edited:
Social Services are always keen to prevent children from being removed from their family if at all possible. Fair enough. But the norm is to at least encourage the care givers to engage with Social Services to try to resolve whatever 'issues' there may be, like whatever stressors may be present (debt/poverty/addictions/mental health problems etc). They're supposed to help the family to improve things, attend parenting classes, talk about issues, share concerns etc etc. There is no evidence that even this was going on. I understand that FS constantly cancelled appointments and made it difficult for Social Services to visit, but surely that in itself should have been a red flag.

this is my last link as its today's sentencing for these evil pair.. Thank you to everyone who has watched and or been involved in this thread.. There is awful picture and 999 call on the sun paper.. i found them too distressing to post on here and also peoples choices if want to...

here is the last link
LIVE: Star Hobson murder trial day 39 - Sentencing of Brockhill and Smith

Sounds like SB is not overly concerned about her fate!!

'Staff are currently trying to get all people logged into the trial virtually to turn their cameras and microphones off.

One person was struggling to do so - Brockhill found this hilarious in the dock, laughing heartily.'

Mrs Justice Lambert tells Ms Goddard she is satisfied there were assaults on Star by SB on July 20 and Sept 13.

She said she is not satisfied the leg or skull fracture were caused by SB, but SB did have a lot to do with Star so would have been aware of these injuries.

Ms Goddard says she agrees on the leg fracture, but it is less clear on the skull fracture.

LIVE: Star Hobson murder trial day 39 - Sentencing of Brockhill and Smith

Well wth caused the leg and skull fracture then? Are we not bothered about those? If it wasn't SB, it was FS, surely? But she's not going to be charged with those, then? If it's not 'clear'... oh well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77
Back