VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same thought but then again, I also wondered why the person (I'm not going to say "remains" since that sounds so impersonal, it was a PERSON!) was found outside. Some thoughts...

1. Whoever put this person here knew the place was empty. Therefore, they likely know the owners. Possibly. Or just knew it has been 2 years since anyone lived there.
2. Whoever put this person here did NOT have access to the house itself, or they would have likely concealed the person INSIDE the house.
3. The van seen in the driveway 3-4 weeks ago? 100% connected. No one's lived there in 2 years, so a van showing up *after* AJ goes missing isn't a coincidence.
4. ALL the LE there from city, state, federal tells me this is bigger than we realize just yet.

I have a sick feeling we're going to hear details none of us are really ready to hear. Sure we've all followed some seriously depraved, wicked cases but you can never really prepare yourself for those details.

Those are all excellent thoughts. And yes, I'm scared & have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about what may still be to come ...

I had the same thought but then again, I also wondered why the person (I'm not going to say "remains" since that sounds so impersonal, it was a PERSON!) was found outside. Some thoughts...

1. Whoever put this person here knew the place was empty. Therefore, they likely know the owners. Possibly. Or just knew it has been 2 years since anyone lived there.
2. Whoever put this person here did NOT have access to the house itself, or they would have likely concealed the person INSIDE the house.
3. The van seen in the driveway 3-4 weeks ago? 100% connected. No one's lived there in 2 years, so a van showing up *after* AJ goes missing isn't a coincidence.
4. ALL the LE there from city, state, federal tells me this is bigger than we realize just yet.

I have a sick feeling we're going to hear details none of us are really ready to hear. Sure we've all followed some seriously depraved, wicked cases but you can never really prepare yourself for those details.

I'm also really worried about how and where the body was found. I'm just going to watch and hope my fears aren't realized. Although, I really can't see a good outcome here. Someone is deceased and very unlikely by natural causes.

The neighbor thinks it might be someone local they didn't know was even missing. Yes, that's certainly possible.

However, the odds say something else. That numerous LE agencies looking into AJ's disappearance all come down in ONE place this morning and discover a deceased person on the property desribed as "remains"? I'm not a math nerd but I think the odds are pretty low it's someone other than AJ. :(

So...if neighbors saw this dodge caravan (or whatever) pull under the carport and around to the back of the house 2-3 weeks ago, wouldn't that have been around the time WH got that tip about clothing on the side of S Battlefield blvd? I wonder...was he brazen enough to go back to the Franklin location and remove her clothes to dump them in another direction?!

Ugh. I can't entertain the thought. Seriously.

I am still not 100% sure it is her----but IF she is gone from this Earth, then I hope it is her so we can go ahead and resolve it. The 'not knowing' is pure agony for her loved ones. :candle:

From the link: Brian Potts, a nearby resident, said he saw a large police presence at the house on Wednesday, as well.

If there was a large police presence there on Wednesday, how could they have not found the remains until this morning if the remains were out in the open?

I caught that as well and the only thing that came to mind is "lack of search warrant". They could have been at the property but unable to actually enter until the go ahead came through. LE protocol absolutely matters.

I won't be terribly surprised if this is 100% unrelated. Sometimes the internet creates a gigantic echo chamber that sucks us all in. People want answers so bad, media wants to cover what people are interested in, cops have to continue doing their regular job. Wishing hard enough can make things seem to come true sometimes.

JMO

The neighbor thinks it might be someone local they didn't know was even missing. Yes, that's certainly possible.

However, the odds say something else. That numerous LE agencies looking into AJ's disappearance all come down in ONE place this morning and discover a deceased person on the property desribed as "remains"? I'm not a math nerd but I think the odds are pretty low it's someone other than AJ. :(

Yes, I said almost this same thing earlier! I think it would be a rare occasion that they happened upon another missing person(reported or not) while looking for AJ. If they had just been searching in the woods or the pond I would think there was a higher chance of it being someone else. But part of me will keep hoping it's not her until the ME says one way or the other, despite the odds!

I feel wording in this quote from another article could be telling as well:

(The) remains will be transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for further analysis and positive identification," said Norfolk Police spokeswoman Corporal Melinda Wray.

Remains being sent for POSITIVE identification. ....not just identification.
Also the word FURTHER, identification leads me to believe the I'd was made just need the 100% from actual medical standpoint. So sad.

Yes, I said almost this same thing earlier! I think it would be a rare occasion that they happened upon another missing person(reported or not) while looking for AJ. If they had just been searching in the woods or the pond I would think there was a higher chance of it being someone else. But part of me will keep hoping it's not her until the ME says one way or the other, despite the odds!

Agreed. The police arrived at this specific location looking for AJ. Sorry to say, I have no doubt it is her, jmo.
Oddly in another case, a different person was found during a specific search for Heather Elvis, iirc, the Tidewater Remains...but that was a larger area of property, a general search by CUE volunteers, iirc, not so specific as this one. But its weird how the strangest things due happen sometimes.

But the person we suspect had a hand in this doesn't need keys to get into abandoned homes. Or even occupied ones. And the shed looks open, so it's just strange the body would be out in the open like that. it seems no attempt was made to conceal her at all.

So...if neighbors saw this dodge caravan (or whatever) pull under the carport and around to the back of the house 2-3 weeks ago, wouldn't that have been around the time WH got that tip about clothing on the side of S Battlefield blvd? I wonder...was he brazen enough to go back to the Franklin location and remove her clothes to dump them in another direction?!

Ugh. I can't entertain the thought. Seriously.
I was thinking this (maybe there was a bag of her stuff also dumped at this house that he went back to get stuff from...just can't think items were taken off of her). I wonder if someone was closing in on this area and he needed to draw eyes to somewhere else (Battlefield)????

Also the word FURTHER, identification leads me to believe the I'd was made just need the 100% from actual medical standpoint. So sad.

Unfortunately, I think you are correct. Now, who did this? After following this case very closely, I have found zero motive.

Yes, and I hope she returns but if not, job well done, CB!

But the person we suspect had a hand in this doesn't need keys to get into abandoned homes. Or even occupied ones. And the shed looks open, so it's just strange the body would be out in the open like that. it seems no attempt was made to conceal her at all.

That is why I am thinking what I am thinking. :tears:

Unfortunately, I think you are correct. Now, who did this? After following this case very closely, I have found zero motive.

Well, WH does have past alleged charges against him for rape and kidnapping.

I also think he was involved incriminal activities, who knows what AJ might have found out or stumbled upon.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member