VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts (a tad random for brainstorming sake)....

Did JM persuade Hannah he was a cab driver and would get her safely to her destination? Is there a cab driver ID type card he could have shown her?

This ** pure speculation** but, we have been wondering if they could have known each other from the hospital, right? Could she simply (privately, of course) have been a one time patient there? Or, she visited friends in the hospital?
There are many ways and reasons one could interact with another in a hospital setting.

IMO

Admin Note:

I've seen a several posts expressing distress over the loss of the General Discussion threads. Let me explain why.

Once a case is "hot" enough and there are enough angles to sleuth it needs to be placed in a Forum format. I realize members get anxious about the loss of the general discussion threads but there is absolutely nothing to fear. In fact, once folks get used to it, people like it much better. It's all about understanding why & how it works. :)

Forums consist of topical threads. The reason for this is because when you have a ton of good information it is literally impossible to search and find that info again in a huge amount of general discussion threads. Websleuths is a sleuthing website and we have some amazing sleuths. It is very important to be able to locate information via the search feature. That is where the "tags" also become important. Those of you concerned will be forever grateful for this shift the first time there is some breaking news and you say to yourself, "OH! I remember so&so posting a link about that. Where did I see it? If I could just find it, I could connect the dots!" Instead of doing this ---> :pullhair: :banghead:, you will be able to go to the appropriate topical thread(s) and do a quick search. Voila! There will be the info you are wanting to find. :loveyou:

Also, members can generate new topical threads for angles you guys may want to explore. At the moment, we have it set so a mod has to approve those new threads. IOW, we can see them and review first. That will change as soon as the mods can see that you guys have the hang of making the shift from General Discussion threads to Topical threads. There are a couple of tricks to generating new topical threads: 1) look around and make sure there is not a very similar thread. We don't want a bunch of "parallel" threads discussing the same things. 2) Keep the topic "tight". Vague topics don't work and they tend to twist, turn & wind down all kinds of trails.

Oh yeah, and this - once a case gets this complex with so many angles to explore and so many differing opinions - from experience we can tell y'all that General Discussion threads tend to turn into general rant threads. ;) 'tis true. And it isn't good for anybody because it leads to a lot more time outs.

Hope this helps! Any mod here will be more than happy to help you guys adjust. Just alert or PM one of us for more direction. We're here to help!
And can I also very respectfully add that, with the threads flying as they have been, so many people have had a hard time keeping up. As a result, we have seen a lot of things repeated.

One advantage I have seen in forums is that while it may seem that posting slows down, some of it is actually the repetition being cut down on.

Hope all you great sleuthers stick around! And thanks mods!

Thanks, Otto. I am a special education teacher with certifications in intellectual and emotional disabilities. I wouldn't be surprised if IQ testing indicates JM has a borderline IQ. People with borderline ID do not meet the criteria for intellectually disabled (formerly mentally retarded) but they struggle with reasoning, impulse control, the concept of consequences, and abstract thinking. I am not in any way excusing his behavior, just speculating that his mental capacity could possibly come into play. Here is some info about IQ scores in US inmates: http://www.logtv.com/films/borderline/educate.htm

Yeah, I don't want to excuse him, either, but there's just something so off about him. He hasn't behaved the way a lot of POI's and suspects have in the past. Skipping town and running away from the cops seems like behavior out of an action movie. Maybe that's what he thinks is the norm?

but wasn't she supposed to be distressed before meeting JM and that's why WG followed her?
See. So many pieces seem to fit...then they don't. For me it all goes back to how/why she went downtown at all. What altered state made her behave so out of character? She must have had her drink spiked at one of the parties.

I think Coy Barefoot finally published his article. Sorry if this has already been posted here:http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

Yes- it's very interesting,

Unprovoked, he suddenly grabbed a man in the Blue Light Grill and wrenched him into a wrestling hold so forcefully that he pulled the man’s hamstring, leaving this man limping for days. In the first few seconds of meeting two women for the first time, he yanked them up off the ground and threw them over his shoulders and laughed, making them uncomfortable and embarrassed. He continued to follow both these women, at the Blue Light and later at the Tempo restaurant, putting his arm around them, his face uncomfortably close to theirs, touching their backs, their hair, their faces, their legs— until one of them cursed at him to stop. After one of the women slipped off the boots she was wearing, LJ unexpectedly pulled off her socks, saying he wanted to see her toes. A friend of LJ’s for over nine years described him as a “prowler,” clarifying his use of the word by adding, “which is not to say he was looking for a victim, but looking for a girl who’s already compromised a little bit, maybe improve his chances.”

http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

Longo declined to challenge that version on Thursday, but said "I will tell you we have at least one witness who will put her in that restaurant."

That irritates me. The bar is playing CYA while a young co-ed is missing! :furious:
Really irritated me too, when he said something to the effect that people here need to make a living. He is worried this will hurt his business. Like maybe lose his liquor license for serving an underage girl?

Thanks, Otto. I am a special education teacher with certifications in intellectual and emotional disabilities. I wouldn't be surprised if IQ testing indicates JM has a borderline IQ. People with borderline ID do not meet the criteria for intellectually disabled (formerly mentally retarded) but they struggle with reasoning, impulse control, the concept of consequences, and abstract thinking. I am not in any way excusing his behavior, just speculating that his mental capacity could possibly come into play. Here is some info about IQ scores in US inmates: http://www.logtv.com/films/borderline/educate.htm

What facts do we know about Jesse that lead to the opinion that he has borderline IQ? He was attending university and had successfully completed at least one year to be in his second year before he was expelled, so he can't be that dumb. He worked at a hospital, drove a taxi ... all takes some ability to reason, manage financial transactions, behave normally.

All I know about him is that he is a predator with women. What else do we know about this 32 year old man?

You're right. My bad. Deleted my post. I didn't watch the link first time I read the article. She did appear on camera and I think there is a vague resemblance, like maybe Hannah in 20+ years or so. Attractive woman. She is very lucky to be safe and a real hero, IMO.

No worries. I make boo boo's here lots lol

Yeah, if she didn't want to be identified, why would she allow her picture there? Probably not her pic.

Lucky for her she had her dog with her and fishermen were nearby.
I deleted this post. I was wrong, she was on camera. I just missed the link. Sorry folks!!

he's wearing different clothes

1155am-300x168.jpg

http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/
Johnson raises his phone at 11:55pm and grabs a photo of the scene. In the image (at right) people are crowded around the Blue Light bar, and LJ Matthew is clearly visible from behind.
. According to eyewitnesses, he is wearing a checkered shirt over a burgundy tank top with baggy white cargo shorts and socks with Crocs

1205am-300x170.png

At 12:05am, Johnson captures another image on his phone

I am interested in knowing exactly when the girlfriend broke up with JM. I wonder if such an event would be a trigger for him. Seems he doesn't handle rejection or perceived rejection well. To say the least. Heck I would even like to hear from her down the pike. I'll bet she really has some insight.

I've asked this question in two different threads. Interesting to see if you get an answer!

So when did LJ/JM change from the blue and white checked shirt with burgundy tee to the all white shirt in the video from that night? Something is not adding up.

Well we know it was him, he is well known down there. A prowler, he is called..

So when did LJ/JM change from the blue and white checked shirt with burgundy tee to the all white shirt in the video from that night? Something is not adding up.

Maybe the white shirt was actually a jacket?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

In what thread is it appropriate once this one is done to post about what we think occurred before/after Tempo. There's a Tempo thread, but that's it.

Thinking that maybe after interviewing everyone this is why LE went back to the house to find his other clothing from that night. This is so strange.

What facts do we know about Jesse that lead to the opinion that he has borderline IQ? He was attending university and had successfully completed at least one year to be in his second year before he was expelled, so he can't be that dumb. He worked at a hospital, drove a taxi ... all takes some ability to reason, manage financial transactions, behave normally.
All I know about him is that he is a predator with women. What else do we know about this 32 year old man?

That's the thing. Most people with borderline IQ can function in certain life skills such as in jobs where the expectations are consistent, but they struggle with other areas (relationships, financial responsibilities, etc.). Some sources say that borderline and intellectually disabled people consist of up to 10% of the prison population. I have no test scores to look at but his behavior, conversations with officers, and demeanor are familiar to me in my work. But this is, again, not excusing his behavior if he has harmed Hannah; it is nothing but a hunch and is only my opinion. Inmate IQ prison stats for those interested: http://www.disabled-world.com/disability/types/cognitive/prison-system.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjberry5954